PDA

View Full Version : DIet Or Mood Food (CURIOUS)

Dan8890
10-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Hey im just curious of what you do Everyday I mean you have a diet to reach your fat/protein & micronutrients Or you just eat what you want and then Track your food in an app.

For example I got my diet and eat that everyday and when I will go out our test some ice-cream/pizza/fast food I first met my protein/fat macros and leave some calories reeaming to those food

but tell me what you guys do , I cant imagine people eating what EVER they want and then dont fit your micro or daily macros.

ChaoticReignPbt
10-23-2013, 11:11 AM
I find it too much of a nuisance to meet my calorie needs with my busy lifestyle without some prep. I cook the majority of my meals for the week every Sunday and leave about 4 days worth in the fridge and freeze the rest. I usually make a few pounds of chicken and a few pounds of beef. I'm a pretty talented cook so the recipes change from week to week depending on what I have a taste for. Shredded chicken I use for everything from sandwiches to spanish rice and burritos, beef I tend to make a lot of meat sauces with, but sometimes I do a shredded beef too.

The weekend however I tend to adjust as I go. If I get a random craving or go out to dinner or something I'll drop one of my other meals.

Mrpb
10-23-2013, 11:24 AM
eat what you want and then Track your food in an app.

^ This.

libtolu
10-23-2013, 11:26 AM
I plan my meals around my macros, takes 5 mins a night for the next day.

InItForFitness
10-23-2013, 11:33 AM
A combination of both (if that makes sense lol).
I'll eat what I'm in the mood for, but I'll pick something I'm in the mood for that will also help me to meet my goals.
Just pair moderation + common sense with my taste pallet :P

Kraster
10-23-2013, 12:46 PM
try to preplan your meals for the whole day in the evening or in the morning, I also try to leave myself a 500 cal window which I know I could easily fill in the evening, but I leave it just in case something comes up/I wanted to eat something else while I'm out and about. It's nice to have that "safety blanket" to adjust your meals on the go. But do try to plan out the meals so that most of the protein is consumed early in the day. Not because of any broscience food timing, but simply because IF you ate something else during the day that was not planned, it's less problematic to drop a carb-heavy meal that came later in the day than a vital protein-heavy one

Dan8890
10-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Nice repplies guys thanks! I think i Will just get a nice dinner about 500cals ( and hitting my protein/fat macros before ) then If i want to go out just skip dinner and if I dont eat that cal reaming on my dinner! Good job thanks