PDA

View Full Version : espn "analysts" are just as bad as sports miscers

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 11:26 AM
overreaction of peace. so because colts beat denver, all of a sudden they are now supposed to represent the AFC in the SB? the same team that struggled against the raiders, lost to the dolphins and chargers on live TV.

they were just shtting on them the week before for losing to the chargers and not putting up a TD, but now they are going to the SB. okjeff.jpg

Ecnewyx
10-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Are analysts really saying that even though Wayne is out for the season? They just going to replace their leading receiver without skipping a beat?

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Are analysts really saying that even though Wayne is out for the season? They just going to replace their leading receiver without skipping a beat?

yes. some people have them in their top 2 teams.

edit: im one of manning's biggest detractors, but this win required manning playing potato for 3 quarters, even then, the colts had a HUGE chance of losing the game with a 2+ td lead if it wasnt for a potato coaching move by fox by putting in hillman on the goalline. someone known for fumbling. not sure why put in hillman in the goalline when players will be continuously swiping at the ball if he gets stuffed/stood up

ShadowBarkley
10-23-2013, 11:57 AM
people thought the texans were number 1a and 1b with the broncos too.

that turned out to be true....

neighborr
10-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Espn didn't have Luck in their NFL MVP watch (top 10) and after the victory against broncos he vaulted into #2 with some people saying he should be above manning.

Luck 2013 stats:

10 TD, 3 int, 1500 yds

Manning 2013 stats:

25 TD, 3 int, 2500 yds

Ok.pdf

I know the MVP watch is a meaningless metric but it just goes to show you how potato espn is. Strong overreaction after every week just like sports misc...

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Espn didn't have Luck in their NFL MVP watch (top 10) and after the victory against broncos he vaulted into #2 with some people saying he should be above manning.

Luck 2013 stats:

10 TD, 3 int, 1500 yds

Manning 2013 stats:

25 TD, 3 int, 2500 yds

Ok.pdf

I know the MVP watch is a meaningless metric but it just goes to show you how potato espn is. Strong overreaction after every week just like sports misc...

Mvp for almost choking away a victory lol -1 yards in the 4th quarter

BrawnySwoleman
10-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Agreed. Just because you played in the NFL doesn't mean you necessarily know what you're talking about. All they do is repeat the same cliches. Defensive players emphasize defense, RBs emphasize the run game, and former QBs never blame quarterbacks.

neighborr
10-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Mvp for almost choking away a victory lol -1 yards in the 4th quarter

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/misc%20bb/grand/684utw.gif

MurkinSeason
10-23-2013, 12:31 PM
They are the same person

therightfulking
10-23-2013, 12:36 PM
They lost to denver in my eyes

if that fumble didn't happen, thats a loss and you just let the broncos score 3 tds in one quarter

FryDude
10-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I rarely if ever tune into any ESPN shows or read any of their mateerial including their rankings. There are so many more reputable sport sites... no thanks

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 12:43 PM
I rarely if ever tune into any ESPN shows or read any of their mateerial including their rankings. There are so many more reputable sport sites... no thanks

Im off from work and there's nothing to watch during the day so I was watching as I was eating lunch before start my homework. Mind blowing how these people are getting paid

alphadodger
10-23-2013, 12:43 PM
overreaction of peace. so because colts beat denver, all of a sudden they are now supposed to represent the AFC in the SB? the same team that struggled against the raiders, lost to the dolphins and chargers on live TV.

they were just shtting on them the week before for losing to the chargers and not putting up a TD, but now they are going to the SB. okjeff.jpg

Agreed. Espn is full of crap 99% of the time. Their "sports expert analysis" is pure hype and sensationalism. Half of their "breaking news" stories are fabricated content and blowing things out of proportion. They have a prisoners of the moment mentality all day every day.

Oh wait, that sounds exactly like the sports misc....lulz

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 01:01 PM
this coming from the OP who made a thread comparing LeBron's decision to Peyton leaving the colts.

Lmfao.

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 01:05 PM
this coming from the OP who made a thread comparing LeBron's decision to Peyton leaving the colts

Lmfao.

So you're trying to say you agree with espn analysts. Ok brah

Stick to your comparisons of nfl players to rappers and make everything into a gambling situation

alphadodger
10-23-2013, 01:06 PM
this coming from the OP who made a thread comparing LeBron's decision to Peyton leaving the colts.

Lmfao.

looool....owned by Shweezy

If accurate, OP has zero credibility to speak on sports. He is a well known Lebron nuthugger but that is just hilarious.

MYOFIBRAH
10-23-2013, 01:06 PM
i like Dilfer, Darren Woodson, Coach Herm, and the former Broncos o lineman whats his name. Schlereth. Hoge is cool too.

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 01:08 PM
The fact that yall think that was actually a serious thread. Mind = blown. Forgot that everything posted on sports misc is srs business

alphadodger
10-23-2013, 01:15 PM
The fact that yall think that was actually a serious thread. Mind = blown. Forgot that everything posted on sports misc is srs business

lol....can't backpedal your way out of this one. You have been exposed as a delusional Lebron fanboy may as well own up to it. You fit right in with most of the sports misc.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 01:16 PM
So you're trying to say you agree with espn analysts. Ok brah

I never said that, just that you're no different from the "sports miscers" because you're one of them when you make threads so bad that not even I can claim to have made a more potato thread on here.

Stick to your comparisons of nfl players to rappers and make everything into a gambling situation

word, stick to losing your high juice tennis parlays LMAO

OSUBBall23
10-23-2013, 01:16 PM
foxsports 1>>>>>>>Espn

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 01:22 PM
word, stick to losing your high juice tennis parlays LMAO

Aware me of these high juice tennis parlays ive ever made.

Because

1. I dont bet on tennis
2. I dont bet on parlays
3. I dont bet on anything over -150

Your delusional claims of me, never ceases to amaze me. Just like you claim ive hated on eli and the giants when the first time I've even posted about eli and the giants in recent history was this past monday because of mnf.

Stick to gambling because you're accusations are hilarious. Maybe youre better at gambling that making false claims

WRXbrah
10-23-2013, 01:49 PM

Luck 2013 stats:

10 TD, 3 int, 1500 yds

Manning 2013 stats:

25 TD, 3 int, 2500 yds

Ok.pdf

Stats like this mean jack **** due to all the stat padding Peyton does even when hes up 3 scores in 4th quarter. Manning also has the best receiver arsenal in the NFL.

flexheal
10-23-2013, 02:01 PM
People still watch ESPN?

Lmao

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Aware me of these high juice tennis parlays ive ever made.

Because

1. I dont bet on tennis
2. I dont bet on parlays
3. I dont bet on anything over -150

Your delusional claims of me, never ceases to amaze me. Just like you claim ive hated on eli and the giants when the first time I've even posted about eli and the giants in recent history was this past monday because of mnf.

Stick to gambling because you're accusations are hilarious. Maybe youre better at gambling that making false claims

So then the dude who comes into the chat under the name 'niknguyen' isn't you?

http://www.lauryndoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Uh_wtf_gif.gif

Babalu1
10-23-2013, 02:42 PM
The Oakland game was the first game of the season, teams aren't always hot straight out of the starting blocks, and Pryor was an unknown quantity at that time.

Miami started the season strong going 3-0 and the Colts just played really bad against San Diego. Namely dropped passes and deciding to punt at retarded times in the game.

Suggesting the Colts can make the Superbowl this year is hardly outrageous. There are only 2-3 teams who you could say are better than them in the AFC.

masher230
10-23-2013, 03:02 PM
everyone has an opinion...unfortunately, most are wrong

JewishSuperHero
10-23-2013, 03:24 PM
90% of the "analysts" don't do any analyzing and instead just repeat what other people on the channel say. The other 10% just says what ESPN tells them to so they can attract more audience.

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
So then the dude who comes into the chat under the name 'niknguyen' isn't yo
L

Haven't been on it since before the nba finals. And ive never said a thing about tennis cause I don't know a thing about tennis. Try again

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Haven't been on it since before the nba finals. And ive never said a thing about tennis cause I don't know a thing about tennis. Try again

lmfao, somebody impersonating you then. Da fuq

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 03:35 PM
lmfao, somebody impersonating you then. Da fuq

I'm flattered that someone would like to impersonate me.

Ecnewyx
10-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Is **** getting real?

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm flattered that someone would like to impersonate me.

srs, he (the imposter) posts "du ma" or some other shiit in the chat, then riceboi responds with some more of that gibberish, so we all thought it was you.

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 03:39 PM
srs, he (the imposter) posts "du ma" or some other shiit in the chat, then riceboi responds with some more of that gibberish, so we all thought it was you.

How often did I talk in there when I used to go in there lol. I was usually just sitting there and reading until it was game time then I would say things here and there. But I never say anything in my native language online. Ever

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 03:49 PM
How often did I talk in there when I used to go in there lol. I was usually just sitting there and reading until it was game time then I would say things here and there. But I never say anything in my native language online. Ever

yeah idk what's going on. some paranormal 6th sense type of ****.

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 03:51 PM
yeah idk what's going on. some paranormal 6th sense type of ****.

Pretty lulzy

MiamiLife305
10-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Why do people even watch sports commentators?

So pointless

stevedarsh
10-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Do people not realize that analysts and commentators have production meetings where they are told to discuss predetermined story lines? that's not a conspiracy theory, that's reality

tential
10-23-2013, 04:52 PM

Media over sensationalists of peace.

LeonardShelby
10-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Stats like this mean jack **** due to all the stat padding Peyton does even when hes up 3 scores in 4th quarter. Manning also has the best receiver arsenal in the NFL.

I'll be the first to criticize king choke artist manning but he's hardly stat padding. Up until this week it's been so easy for them to score. They literally score a td in under a minute a lot of the time. What is he supposed to do keep going 3 and out the whole game when they're up 2 or 3 scores in the first quarter? They still have to try to move the chains to kill the clock, unfortunately they've been too good at moving the chains that they end up scoring almost every drive.

Bigcarllittlewi
10-23-2013, 04:54 PM
They dont analyz for the shake of sports but they do it to get jimmies rustled and get more views.

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Mannings stat padding this year is pretty crazy. Interested to see how many TDs this dude can throw. Looks like Brady TD to INT ratio isn't really in any sort of peril though

The way the ball has looked coming out of peytons hands has got to have some broncos fans nervous. I've never seen so many dead ducks in one game.

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 04:57 PM
I'll be the first to criticize king choke artist manning but he's hardly stat padding. Up until this week it's been so easy for them to score. They literally score a td in under a minute a lot of the time. What is he supposed to do keep going 3 and out the whole game when they're up 2 or 3 scores in the first quarter? They still have to try to move the chains to kill the clock, unfortunately they've been too good at moving the chains that they end up scoring almost every drive.

Since when do you pass to chew up clock? The broncos have run nearly 70% passing plays.

The idea of using the pass game to chew up clock makes no sense at all. You can say he isn't stad padding, but he definitely is. They choose to pass on such an absurd amount of plays, especially near the goal line, when running would be a very simple option since it's nearly impossible to stack the box vs denver.

Brady's teams run almost exactly 50/50 pass run because it's clear he doesn't give 2 shts about his own productivity. The playcalling has been so pass centric for denver that it's clear what the goal is.

jollytheboss
10-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Someone brought up this point when taking about Louisville. Big East plays during the week, so ESPN created Bridgewater Heisman hype in order to get ratings for weekday games.

WRXbrah
10-23-2013, 05:08 PM

I don't want to sit down and start adding up all the points but Denver has scored ~300 points and given up ~100 points and Brock Osweiler had something like 1 round a snaps the entire season. No one is saying Manning should stop scoring when the game could go either way but when you're up 41-20 against the Eagles in the 4th quarter and you dont allow your backup to come in and take snaps, you're a stat padder.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Mannings stat padding this year is pretty crazy. Interested to see how many TDs this dude can throw. Looks like Brady TD to INT ratio isn't really in any sort of peril though

The way the ball has looked coming out of peytons hands has got to have some broncos fans nervous. I've never seen so many dead ducks in one game.

25 to 3 is a higher ratio than 50 to 8.

I don't want to sit down and start adding up all the points but Denver has scored ~300 points and given up ~100 points and Brock Osweiler had something like 1 round a snaps the entire season. No one is saying Manning should stop scoring when the game could go either way but when you're up 41-20 against the Eagles in the 4th quarter and you dont allow your backup to come in and take snaps, you're a stat padder.

Translation: Peyton Manning ruined my teaser involving the Eagles so now I'll blame him instead of myself, since 3 weeks later I blew my entire bankroll on the colts and the over in the MNF game v. the Chargers.

WRXbrah
10-23-2013, 06:55 PM

Translation: Peyton Manning ruined my teaser involving the Eagles so now I'll blame him instead of myself, since 3 weeks later I blew my entire bankroll on the colts and the over in the MNF game v. the Chargers.

09/29/2013
01:25 PM MU [15047] TOTAL o47-290 (PHILADELPHIA vrs DENVER)Score: PHILADELPHIA(20) - DENVER(52) WIN

Well there goes that theory eh?

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 06:57 PM
09/29/2013
01:25 PM MU [15047] TOTAL o47-290 (PHILADELPHIA vrs DENVER)Score: PHILADELPHIA(20) - DENVER(52) WIN

Well there goes that theory eh?

lmfao I think that total covered in the first half.

WRXbrah
10-23-2013, 07:03 PM
lmfao I think that total covered in the first half.

Yes and 2 months and some change before I'm back!

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 07:39 PM

25 to 3 is worse than 36 to 4. Also, manning WILL throw more than 8 int's. Book it.

Brady also faced REAL defenses in 2007, Manning has faced..... nothing.

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 07:39 PM
25 to 3 is worse than 36 to 4. Also, manning WILL throw more than 8 int's. Book it.

with those ducks he's been throwing, he's lucky he didnt get picked off more last week

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 07:43 PM
with those ducks he's been throwing, he's lucky he didnt get picked off more last week

Which is exactly my thought. There have been like 3 int's dropped, and manning had been letting some seriously gag worthy throws go lately. Like 10+ lame ducks in the colts game alone.

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Which is exactly my thought. There have been like 3 int's dropped, and manning had been letting some seriously gag worthy throws go lately. Like 10+ lame ducks in the colts game alone.

there were 3 passes that could have been INT'd but somehow landed in his receivers hands in that 1 TD drive alone that ended with that dropped DT 2pt conv

gsxtreme1987
10-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Since when do you pass to chew up clock? The broncos have run nearly 70% passing plays.

The idea of using the pass game to chew up clock makes no sense at all. You can say he isn't stad padding, but he definitely is. They choose to pass on such an absurd amount of plays, especially near the goal line, when running would be a very simple option since it's nearly impossible to stack the box vs denver.

Brady's teams run almost exactly 50/50 pass run because it's clear he doesn't give 2 shts about his own productivity. The playcalling has been so pass centric for denver that it's clear what the goal is.

Well we know what happens when broncos run the ball near goal line.

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 08:47 PM

With Hillman yeah lol

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 08:47 PM

that was fox's potato decision. moreno has been fine against poverty teams. hillman is known to fumble and thats why he was in the dog house. not sure why he got PT that game TBH