PDA

View Full Version : Best breakfast for weight loss and beyond

namupala
10-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here. I'm 35 YO woman with good weight and fat ratio (12% bf). For years I have done IF in the morning, because I have a hard time figuring out what's healthy for breakfast. Can you give me some tips on:
1. What's the ideal breakfast one could eat if they have the time to make it, for fat loss and just for maintenance
2. What's the healthiest 'convenience' breakfast (like cereal) for people who don't have enough time to cook in the morning
3. Why is that the healthiest?

Sorry if you've seen this post before. I tried to post last night and then I couldn't find the thread this morning, so I assume it wasn't posted, though it may have been.

Thanks in advance! Because I'm pretty healthy, people are always asking me this question, and I really am clueless!

InItForFitness
10-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Whatever breakfast you enjoy consuming that also helps you meet your calorie/macronutrient/micronutrient goals for the day would be the "healthiest" option for you.

ironwill2008
10-23-2013, 08:12 AM
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here. I'm 35 YO woman with good weight and fat ratio (12% bf). For years I have done IF in the morning, because I have a hard time figuring out what's healthy for breakfast. Can you give me some tips on:
1. What's the ideal breakfast one could eat if they have the time to make it, for fat loss and just for maintenance
2. What's the healthiest 'convenience' breakfast (like cereal) for people who don't have enough time to cook in the morning

Sorry if you've seen this post before. I tried to post last night and then I couldn't find the thread this morning, so I assume it wasn't posted, though it may have been.

Thanks in advance! Because I'm pretty healthy, people are always asking me this question, and I really am clueless!
:confused:

How can you be "clueless," and yet carry a body fat percentage that rivals some fitness and bodybuilding competitors?

InItForFitness
10-23-2013, 08:15 AM
:confused:

How can you be "clueless," and yet carry a body fat percentage that rivals some fitness and bodybuilding competitors?

OP is on dat dere starvation mode.
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r737/soulful_scribe/skinny-ugly-guy3_zps650b9d8e.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/soulful_scribe/media/skinny-ugly-guy3_zps650b9d8e.jpg.html)

BigManTJ
10-23-2013, 08:19 AM
oatmeal and eggs?

like this if you're in a hurry.

Start to boil water.
brb.
add oats to boiling water.
brb.
put oats in bowl to eat.

Eggs however you have to stand at the stove for the entire time but really only takes 2 minutes to cook.

Wake up 2 minutes earlier, or cook the night before then microwave semi covered in the morning

InItForFitness
10-23-2013, 08:20 AM
oatmeal and eggs?

like this if you're in a hurry.

Start to boil water.
brb.
add oats to boiling water.
brb.
put oats in bowl to eat.

Eggs however you have to stand at the stove for the entire time but really only takes 2 minutes to cook.

Wake up 2 minutes earlier, or cook the night before then microwave semi covered in the morning

...possibly the 1st decent post I've ever seen from you.
Congratulations, apparently that little break you took from the Nutrition Section did you well.

BigManTJ
10-23-2013, 08:21 AM
...possibly the 1st decent post I've ever seen from you.
Congratulations, apparently that little break you took from the Nutrition Section did you well.

on the contrary, you 1st post itt sucked.

InItForFitness
10-23-2013, 08:23 AM
on the contrary, you 1st post itt sucked.

...and there's the dumbass we all know and love.
Welcome back.

helgium
10-23-2013, 09:06 AM
!

One scoop of Vemma Bod-E shake with 8oz skim milk or 2 scoops with water. It's a meal replacement shake designed and endorsed by Chris Powell to help you transform your body and achieve a healthy weight, whether your trying to lose or gain. Each scoop contains 16g of protein, 7g of fiber, 690mg of omega-3 and 12 full spectrum vitamins. I drink 2 shakes a day with whole milk because I'm trying to gain weight but there is an entire meal plan and workout plan by Chris Powell for people who are trying to burn fat! I highly encourage you to check it out, hit me up if you have any questions! :)

ChaoticReignPbt
10-23-2013, 09:14 AM
One scoop of Vemma Bod-E shake with 8oz skim milk or 2 scoops with water. It's a meal replacement shake designed and endorsed by Chris Powell to help you transform your body and achieve a healthy weight, whether your trying to lose or gain. Each scoop contains 16g of protein, 7g of fiber, 690mg of omega-3 and 12 full spectrum vitamins. I drink 2 shakes a day with whole milk because I'm trying to gain weight but there is an entire meal plan and workout plan by Chris Powell for people who are trying to burn fat! I highly encourage you to check it out, hit me up if you have any questions! :)If you're concerned about gaining weight...which at your height and weight you should be...stop buying gimmicky crap and try spending your money on food.

How people can recommend wasting money on junk like this is beyond me. You can put together an equally nutritious meal yourself for far less money. The supplement industry is a business. They want your money and nothing more.

Tuksonrider
10-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Slow digesting carbs. For weight loss and maintentance, the number one weight-loss killer is hunger. If you eat something, and an hour later you are starving, then you dun wrong.

Oat meal, whole grains, water-soluable fiber, etc.

My breakfast is a PB&J (2tbl PB & 2tbl low-cal jelly) a tablespoon of chia seeds between whole-grain bread, and a cup of coffee. It's both an excellent energy and fiber source. It'll keep me satiated until noon.

If I find I do need a little snack, then it's a celery stalk and low-cal Italian dressing with chia seeds (thickens it up and turn it like a dip).

loganhart
10-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Bacon and eggs for breakfast every day,

checkin in.

With a little bit a dat der sriracha, hnnggg.

qckrun
10-23-2013, 09:33 AM
I was in a similar situation as you until a friend told me to cook the night before. I wake up at 3:40am every morning and drive 1.5hrs to work, where I go to the gym before actually work. So breakfast was a HUGE problem for me because I didn't want to wake anyone up at 345 am.

So here is my solution that works perfectly for me, it may not help you but if it does I'm glad to help.

I make Egg Scrambles every night before work. Here's how;

On Sundays I prep everything which includes cutting up all my ingredients. I buy the Oven Roasted Turkey Breast from Costco(big breast meat all cooked). I will portion it out for the week, 1/2cup for each day which works out to 120 calories, 1g Fat, 44g Protein. I will baggy it all up for each day. Next I cut up 3 large bell peppers into small bit size pieces and baggy into one bag, along with Cremini mushrooms and green onions into there own bags. This way I am all prepped for the week and just grab bags as I need.

The night before work I will crack 4 eggs and whisk with a little milk.

After whisked I heat my pan to medium high heat with some Pam on it and sauté the Turkey and veggies.(Which are already to go because of the prep work) On the veggies I just eye ball and sprinkle enough in the pan. I don't measure the veggies because its not a big amount. After its sautéed for a bit I add the eggs and cool. Once it's near done I sprinkle some Monterey Jack cheese on it and cook til done. Once I'm finished I put it in a Tupperware and put it in the frig. The next day I put Tupperware into my lunch and reheat at work. I add hot sauce and half an avocado to it and it doesn't taste bad for reheat eggs.

On my drive I have a protein bar also.

It works for me but thought id mention it.

libtolu
10-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Whatever you want to eat. Sometimes i have a full fry up, sometimes pancakes sometimes i eat chicken or steak.

Why does it have to be a traditional breakfast food?