PDA

View Full Version : Jets coaches purposely TOLD refs to call FG penalty

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9862295/new-york-jets-tipped-refs-new-england-patriots-fg-push

Hahahaha what the hell? Jets finna Jet

Onita
10-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Why wouldn't they?

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Why wouldn't they?

Because they committed the same penalty on the game tying field goal.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/10/C3cMMa9.gif

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/10/pushgate.jpg

And on theirs, their guy ACTUALLY MAKES IT INTO THE FORMATION.

No flag. Hilarious.

Phil9
10-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Refs calling a penalty that was a penalty. What a travesty!

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 04:56 PM

After not calling it when the Jets did it? Ok Jeff.

Bigcarllittlewi
10-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Still butthurt i see, players and coahes tell ref to throw the flags all the time, big deal

dmoneythegoat
10-22-2013, 04:59 PM

so youre telling if the roles were reversed and the call benefited the Patriots, you still would've made this thread?

Ok shut up

NYSackExchange
10-22-2013, 05:01 PM
No sh!t.

scotyg
10-22-2013, 05:01 PM
lol at thinking every team wouldnt do that

Baylorballs
10-22-2013, 05:03 PM
you know what would have helped refs not throw this flag ?? Not go to over time w/ a team with Rookie QB and not play like crap on 3rd downs on offense

Bowyermania
10-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Because they committed the same penalty on the game tying field goal.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/10/C3cMMa9.gif

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/10/pushgate.jpg

And on theirs, their guy ACTUALLY MAKES IT INTO THE FORMATION.

No flag. Hilarious.

Watch the video Coples does not push Wilkerson. The photos only show Coples' hands resting on Wilkerson's back. They are two completely different situations. Rex did the smart thing that any coach should have done.

houtexans23
10-22-2013, 05:04 PM

did you even read the article or watch the video? they talked about how with the game on the line the refs took control over such a minute detail, and essentially letting the result of the game come down to the officials rather than the players. ESPECIALLY in the last 30 seconds, that's pretty much rigging a game, especially over an unrehearsed flag that seems to never come up except for when the refs decide that they want to determine the outcome of a player's game themselves.

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Watch the video Coples does not push Wilkerson. The photos only show Coples' hands resting on Wilkerson's back. They are two completely different situations. Rex did the smart thing that any coach should have done.

So wait, you're telling me this gif does not show a player being forced through the formation by someone from behind?

Go back to not posting.

Onita
10-22-2013, 05:09 PM
So wait, you're telling me this gif does not show a player being forced through the formation by someone from behind?

Go back to not posting.

It doesn't. Nor does it matter, since it wasn't called.

Heaney
10-22-2013, 05:12 PM

Breaking news: NFL is inconsistent

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 05:15 PM
It doesn't. Nor does it matter, since it wasn't called.

That is quite the view on this bro. Since it wasn't called, it didn't happen.

You work for the government?

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Breaking news: NFL is inconsistent

Pretty big difference in "inconsistent" and "retarded".

Choosing to call this on a 56 yard field goal to essentially DECIDE the game vs calling it when it actually happens?

Onita
10-22-2013, 05:22 PM
That is quite the view on this bro. Since it wasn't called, it didn't happen.

You work for the government?

Is that what I said?

Are you illiterate?

Bowyermania
10-22-2013, 05:29 PM

Go back to not posting.

The gif shows Muhammed Wilkerson forcing his way through the formation because he is an absolute animal, he doesn't need Coples to do that. You lost, you're still going to win the division, stop crying and get over it.

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Is that what I said?

Are you illiterate?

It absolutely DID show someone get pushed in (lol @ saying no) then you said "nor does it matter, since it wasn't called".

Meaning penalties only actually happened if they were called.

Unless you don't understand english. I notice a very angry and upset tone to every one of your posts, so this is no shocker, but you need to cheer up bro.

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 05:31 PM
The gif shows Muhammed Wilkerson forcing his way through the formation because he is an absolute animal, he doesn't need Coples to do that. You lost, you're still going to win the division, stop crying and get over it.

Sarcasm won't help your case. Of course we will win the division, of course we lost, that is hardly the point.

Must be a true animal, to accidentally up end himself over the line... almost as if someone behind him had.... pushed him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that must've been what it was!

bananabucket
10-22-2013, 05:33 PM
cheaters

ItsWhatIDo
10-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Maybe if Brady completed a TD pass to someone other than the Jets d then this wouldn't have mattered.

Onita
10-22-2013, 05:34 PM
It absolutely DID show someone get pushed in (lol @ saying no) then you said "nor does it matter, since it wasn't called".

Meaning penalties only actually happened if they were called.

Unless you don't understand english. I notice a very angry and upset tone to every one of your posts, so this is no shocker, but you need to cheer up bro.

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

And no, what it means is its meaningless, since it wasn't called, not that it didn't happen. I still don't think that gif is enough to show a push, anyways.

BrawnySwoleman
10-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Well, if Brady had been able to outduel Geno Smith, this wouldn't have come into play.

Bowyermania
10-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Sarcasm won't help your case. Of course we will win the division, of course we lost, that is hardly the point.

Must be a true animal, to accidentally up end himself over the line... almost as if someone behind him had.... pushed him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that must've been what it was!

I really doubt Coples could upend Wilkerson. The guy is a monster, but Im sure you noticed that when he tooled on the Pats offensive line all game.

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

And no, what it means is its meaningless, since it wasn't called, not that it didn't happen. I still don't think that gif is enough to show a push, anyways.

Aside from it looking identical to the actual penalty.

Lol. If you had seen that exact play happen with a bunch of different uniforms used, not the patriots, you'd say they were exactly the same.

Keep dat bias healthy doe.

EastCoastNiner
10-22-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't have a problem with the Jets alerting the officials of the violation, but there's a few problems I have.

1. It hadn't been called all season long. I may be wrong, but I don't think it was even called in the pre-season. THAT is a problem.

2. I would never expect an official to tell a team to knock off the holding as the opposing coach alerted them of the holding that was occurring. However, if this rule was implemented for player safety, then I think the officials should have said something to the Patriots BEFORE the next FG if safety is the real concern. However, the official wanted a "gotcha" moment, and succeeded.

Anyways, the Patriots blew the game on their own with some poor play.

NYSackExchange
10-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Keep dat bias healthy doe.
Lol, I love me some irony.

Vitamin0
10-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Tuck Rule of Peace.

LikeAMachine
10-22-2013, 05:59 PM
OP is extremely butthurt lol

EastCoastNiner
10-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Tuck Rule of Peace.

It was a poor rule, but.....

1. It had been called hundreds of times before.
2. It wasn't first called in an over-time game.
3. Pretty much every official said it was the correct call.

5x10
10-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Jets did their homework
Pats did the same thing the week before

Bowyermania
10-22-2013, 06:14 PM
I don't have a problem with the Jets alerting the officials of the violation, but there's a few problems I have.

1. It hadn't been called all season long. I may be wrong, but I don't think it was even called in the pre-season. THAT is a problem.

2. I would never expect an official to tell a team to knock off the holding as the opposing coach alerted them of the holding that was occurring. However, if this rule was implemented for player safety, then I think the officials should have said something to the Patriots BEFORE the next FG if safety is the real concern. However, the official wanted a "gotcha" moment, and succeeded.

Anyways, the Patriots blew the game on their own with some poor play.

A tape and memo was sent to all nfl officials instructing them that this new rule needs to begin being enforced. Each team also received this tape alerting them the officials were going to begin enforcing the rule. So the Pats knew it was coming and still tried to push the envelope. They have no one to blame but themselves.

chlaxman
10-22-2013, 06:37 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9862295/new-york-jets-tipped-refs-new-england-patriots-fg-push

Hahahaha what the hell? Jets finna Jet

It's almost like coaches and players try to manipulate the refs...what a concept.

ShweezyBTFO
10-22-2013, 06:39 PM
When will you idiots learn that OP doesn't make a thread unless he's 100% in the right or 100% trolling?

Up to you squares to figure out which one it is though lololol dat sdballer roulette

neighborr
10-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Take a break from the internet sdballer. You seem like you need it.

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 06:50 PM
When will you idiots learn that OP doesn't make a thread unless he's 100% in the right or 100% trolling?

Up to you squares to figure out which one it is though lololol dat sdballer roulette

http://www.wherethegoldat.com/lep.gif

FlashWad3
10-22-2013, 07:03 PM

So if the refs miss a penalty now, that automatically means it doesnt exist anymore? Ok got it bruh.

The game was days ago and you are still so mad....

TerellOwens
10-22-2013, 07:09 PM
wat so the pats cant cheat?

ShweezyBTFO
10-22-2013, 07:32 PM
So if the refs miss a penalty now, that automatically means it doesnt exist anymore? Ok got it bruh.

The game was days ago and you are still so mad....

and you are still so Australian LOL

Krunk Fu
10-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Are you still mad about this OP?

New England legitimately stole plays for years and won championships because of it.

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Are you still mad about this OP?

New England legitimately stole plays for years and won championships because of it.

It's amazing what people think spygate was.

folly412
10-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Coaches have been preemptively asking the refs to look for things since the beginning of sports. They're whiny phaggots if it doesn't happen, and wizards if it does. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for Rex, he won't have to stick a foot in his mouth.

ItsWhatIDo
10-22-2013, 08:36 PM
It's amazing what people think spygate was.

Yea, didn't BB claim ignorance of the rule just like this one