PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson to the Cowboys

ifitness1
10-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Rumors of trade discussions between the Vikings and Cowboys. Vikings interested in lots of draft picks to rebuild. Jerry Jones wants to win now and thinks he's close..

Thoughts?

monsterBEN
10-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Add AP to their terrible cap situation? Good luck with that Jerry.

frezKo
10-22-2013, 04:34 PM
cowboys winning superbowl

DR225
10-22-2013, 04:37 PM
really hope not, if they upgrade their secondary and oline, they will be sb contenders.

TheBiG_Z
10-22-2013, 04:37 PM
contract restructures herp derp. Dont we hear the same thing every year?

Oh, good one OP :/

OutWorkedByNo1
10-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Adam Shelter says its a real possibility

hundieMachine
10-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Why SHOULD the vikes bother holding onto AP?

This season is proving that you cannot build a franchise around a running back.

Forumite
10-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Holy sheee is this legit?

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Adam Shelter says its a real possibility

Adam Shelter, renowned home safety enthusiast? Hm, wonder what Adam Schefter has to say about this

GetItBack
10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
I seem to recall Dallas trading away Hershel Walker a while back for a whole bunch of draft picks to rebuild. Ended being a pretty good deal for them.

Now they wanna' do just the opposite of that?

Jerry Jones must have some terminal disease or something and want's to bow out a Champ.

OutWorkedByNo1
10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Adam Shelter, renowned home safety enthusiast?

Adam Shelter,the guy who jus reported the Josh Gordon to the Pats deal.

you unaware?

drock2190
10-22-2013, 04:46 PM
I think my heart stopped reading the title. I quickly opened ESPN in another tab, fuk you op.

But as a Vikings fan, it only makes sense. I want to see him win a super bowl and that's not going to happen in Minnesota.

dannyg2127
10-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I honestly think it doesn't help their team that much more. They would be better off holding onto the picks.

y0lked
holy fuk holy fuk holy fuk

please jerry do something to make me like you again

TTexasTT
It would be too unfair for the rest of the NFL.

sdballer5588
Adam Shelter,the guy who jus reported the Josh Gordon to the Pats deal.

you unaware?

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffff oh god did I just miss that Gerald joke? fuk me

wickedman
The wonders that would do for my fantasy team.

OutWorkedByNo1
10-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Read the rest of my post at all?

didnt see the edit.

LeagueofSwole
10-22-2013, 04:55 PM

"Redskins | San Antonio Basketball Team | Washington Baseball Team | Washington Hockey Team"

mcbizkit02
10-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Jerry refuses to address the real problems which are the offensive and defensive lines.

LeagueofSwole
10-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Jerry refuses to address the real problems which are the offensive and defensive lines.

are you even a cowboys fan?

at this point i would prioritize getting a RB instead of a DL or OL player. Our banged up 3rd string d-line played great last week and our O-line is not even bad anymore. We have 0 rushing game right now and are a fully one dimensional offense but you don't want a star like Peterson at the RB position?

UWOTM8?

TheBiG_Z
10-22-2013, 05:04 PM
The offensive line has been pretty good this year. The Waters signing was really good.

The defensive line...did Jerry know Crawford, Spencer, Ware would be injured?...nope. Forget about Ratliff.

RWBaseball4
10-22-2013, 05:05 PM
I hope the vikings trade him for a ****load of picks and this is coming from a vikings fan. Vikes need to just completely tank and rebuild.

LeagueofSwole
10-22-2013, 05:06 PM
I hope the vikings trade him for a ****load of picks and this is coming from a vikings fan. Vikes need to just completely tank and rebuild.

they honestly have no choice. Its either the Vikings stay bad with Peterson and get nothing, or the Vikings trade Peterson for a Hershel Walker like trade and improve a couple years from now.

Antonio519
10-22-2013, 05:16 PM
I hope the vikes trade him, wouldn't mind if to dallas...Romo and AP are 2 of my favorite players in teh NFL, I just hate cowboy fans doe, ttexastt is alright

Big7Ben86
10-22-2013, 05:16 PM
If this sets Dallas up for a legitimate run at greatness this year...

Goodell must've removed the postseason

mcbizkit02
10-22-2013, 05:17 PM
are you even a cowboys fan?

at this point i would prioritize getting a RB instead of a DL or OL player. Our banged up 3rd string d-line played great last week and our O-line is not even bad anymore. We have 0 rushing game right now and are a fully one dimensional offense but you don't want a star like Peterson at the RB position?

UWOTM8?
O-line has a lot to do with the lack of a running game. They have been better in pass protection though.

Chairman7w
10-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Sigh... Bunch of fukkin' potatoes on this site.

Do you even Salary Cap?

Aint gonna happen brahs. Can't happen. Forget it.

TTexasTT
10-22-2013, 05:18 PM
ttexastt is alright
http://queerty-prodweb.s3.amazonaws.com/wp/docs/2013/06/harry-zayn-moment-kiss.gif

aestheticsGSF
10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
This is like the marlins with giancarlo stanton its a huge star but the team sucks and is better off rebuilding with picks or young talent since they won't get anywhere with that player.

Viking fans will be pissed as **** for the most part though.

Its like when they had to resign joe mauer on twins he's amazing but its not making any change they still suck but it keeps fans more happy.

bezarker
10-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Time to return the favor:

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/files/import/i-d771ac06b979b9de126a3c026bd8a3a5-d52e8d20334c4b2185086e6b2a5064d8.jpg

AP gives up and the Vikes get 8 draft picks...

Proactive99
10-22-2013, 05:32 PM
There's a better chance they get Mjd

MYOFIBRAH
10-22-2013, 05:33 PM
lmao this is NOT happening. delete this fukkin thread.

dtbrehm
10-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Would like to see AP on a contender, and the Vikings won't be one for the rest of his career.

aestheticsGSF
10-22-2013, 05:38 PM
lmao this is NOT happening. delete this fukkin thread.

Ur mad lmfaoo

TTexasTT
10-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Ur mad lmfaoo
I doubt it. Hes a Cowboy fan so I assure you he wants to see the team better. However, he knows the draft picks that will be required will probably keep the deal from happening.

GetBigyo
10-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Are they trading Romo for him? If so, possible SB.

5x10
10-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I honestly think it doesn't help their team that much more. They would be better off holding onto the picks.this, not going to fix the oline or dline depth issues

Roody12
10-22-2013, 05:46 PM
He better learn or already know the heimlich maneuver.

Acal83
10-22-2013, 05:50 PM
I seem to recall Dallas trading away Hershel Walker a while back for a whole bunch of draft picks to rebuild. Ended being a pretty good deal for them.

Now they wanna' do just the opposite of that?

Jerry Jones must have some terminal disease or something and want's to bow out a Champ. To the Vikes, no less.

LikeAMachine
10-22-2013, 06:01 PM

This. Fukked for a decade

ItzYerrp
10-22-2013, 06:08 PM
HNGGGGG

brb our d line is wrecking with 3rd stringers
romo gonna romo

do it JERRY

YesWayNoWeigh
10-22-2013, 06:11 PM
God pls no. But cowboys have no money. Good luck on your 2015 Dallas Vikings goal

-=Zeus=-!
10-22-2013, 06:17 PM
No way MN loses their only player with value.

Mac_xX
10-22-2013, 06:19 PM
No way MN loses their only player with value.

They have no other value though, that's really the point.

LikeAMachine
10-22-2013, 06:22 PM
They have no other value though, that's really the point.

Yeah they do. I'd imagine someone would trade of Jared Allen, or one of those linebackers. Especially Allen though.

bking10
10-22-2013, 06:27 PM
contract restructures herp derp. Dont we hear the same thing every year?

Oh, good one OP :/

the cowboys will one day have to face the reckoning. restructures only put off the inevitable

Mac_xX
10-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Yeah they do. I'd imagine someone would trade of Jared Allen, or one of those linebackers. Especially Allen though.

Say they trade Allen and keep AP. What do they get for Allen? Is it enough to start a rebuild with?

rocketfish
10-22-2013, 06:42 PM
you have no QB.. you need a QB to win in this league.. building around AP has failed and will continue to fail. he is a nice guy, he is a great player but lets be honest its a business and the best decision is for the viking to get rid of a running back that has about 2 years of elite til he declines.

gone are the days of super elite running backs, get an elite quarterback and you will win more than a team that has AP on it with Ponder/Cassel/Freeman.

MYOFIBRAH
10-22-2013, 06:47 PM
I doubt it. Hes a Cowboy fan so I assure you he wants to see the team better. However, he knows the draft picks that will be required will probably keep the deal from happening.

i'll rape you if i get the chance

Dallas CANNOT financially afford AP's contract, this thing is not happening. lol fuk whoever put this rumor together. i'd love to have AP, but this is the most unrealistic thing you could think of. can't lie my heart almost skipped a little when i first read the title lol. but then i used logic.

xXBrutalXx
10-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Say they trade Allen and keep AP. What do they get for Allen? Is it enough to start a rebuild with?

maybe not but they prolly could trade of their high draft pick this season to a sucker for a couple extra picks

maybe they could trade AP for a bunch of draft picks then trade their high draft pick this season for a couple extra picks on top of that

Mac_xX
10-22-2013, 07:10 PM
maybe not but they prolly could trade of their high draft pick this season to a sucker for a couple extra picks

maybe they could trade AP for a bunch of draft picks then trade their high draft pick this season for a couple extra picks on top of that

That's pretty much what I'm thinking, although if this Freeman experiment doesn't work out they're going to need a QB and there are a lot available this draft, hard to trade your high first rounder.

niknguyen
10-22-2013, 07:18 PM
im still mind blown that someone would give a RB a 7 year deal...when most RB only has maybe 4 years of ELITE productivity tops

but i think vikes trading AP will be the best case. ponder and freeman seems like a dud. need to rebuild the defense. need to rebuild the O Line...peterson is just wasting away completely.

edit: not sure if im comfortable with any team signing any position to a deal that is over 5 years max in the NFL except MAYBE qb. 1 hit and your career is over.

CurryTech777
10-22-2013, 07:40 PM
MINN gets:
dez
romo
witten

Dallas gets:
AP
josh freeman

do it jerry

MCrow
10-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Not going to happen but if it does I hope we Herschel Walker them back and we get setup nice for a dynasty.

The Cowboys basically ended up with Emmitt Smith, Dixon Edwards, Darren Woodson,and Issiac Holt.

Vikes got Herschel Walker some late picks (one of which turned out to be Jake Reed).

Cowboys got two All-Pros and two starters out the trade the Vikes go a dud and a pretty good WR.

DPharrell
10-22-2013, 07:56 PM
One of the most recognizable athletes in the states.

Potentially, one the GOAT RB's.

In a league where you can completely turn a franchise around in one off season...

Yeah, the Vikings should definitely trade him!!!

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3270/chevy.gif

Ecnewyx
10-22-2013, 07:57 PM
i'll rape you if i get the chance

Dallas CANNOT financially afford AP's contract, this thing is not happening. lol fuk whoever put this rumor together. i'd love to have AP, but this is the most unrealistic thing you could think of. can't lie my heart almost skipped a little when i first read the title lol. but then i used logic.

Cut $20M worth of contracts, replace them with guys off the street.

Here are guys making more than $500k that can be replaced with guys making $500k

Demarco Murray $800k
Bruce Carter $1.2M
Parnell $1.3M
Waters $1.5M
Kyle Orton $2M (the fuk you need a back QB for lol)
Bernadeau $2M (he's awful)
Hatcher $2.5M
Scandrick $2.8M
Dez Bryant $3M (j/k)
Tyron Smith $3.5M
Free $6.5M (lol)

I just went down the list pretty much. Not saying this is a good idea, but I'm sure Jerry can make this happen. It'd be lulz though and probably set a pretty bad precedent.

Hardcore_D00d
10-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Vikes should do it. they already in tank mode, its gonna take them years to build up and ap is in his prime. they should give him a chance

bpatel82
10-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Rumors of trade discussions between the Vikings and Cowboys. Vikings interested in lots of draft picks to rebuild. Jerry Jones wants to win now and thinks he's close..

Thoughts?

lol.. so one and done in playoff means "close" to winning the SB in Jerry's book.

daisbest
10-22-2013, 08:08 PM
if this does happen i wont be mad, vikings need draft picks all around and ALL DAY needs to be on a better team....would suck but would overall help the team

MurkinSeason
10-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Lol if this rumor actually happens it would be hilarious

rocketfish
10-22-2013, 08:12 PM
put it this way

if it takes the vikings 2-3 years to rebuild and get their QB situation straighten out.. AP would have started his decline like every running back that ages do. Might as well build up..

LaDainian tomlinson was san diego's best player.. after aging and not being able to put up those godly HOF numbers anymore, I understood why they did it in a business stand point. but as a fan I hated it

Ecnewyx
10-22-2013, 08:17 PM
lol.. so one and done in playoff means "close" to winning the SB in Jerry's book.

Not even making the playoffs is "close" in Jerry's book.

Jerry, like a lot of teams after the Giants did it, figures if the Cowboys can just make it into the playoffs they can get hot and win. I'm not sure this is something to be banking on, with Example A being this year's Giants team, but I'm not Jerry Jones.

MurkinSeason
10-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Murray. Miles Austin and draft picks

TTexasTT
10-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Not even making the playoffs is "close" in Jerry's book.

Jerry, like a lot of teams after the Giants did it, figures if the Cowboys can just make it into the playoffs they can get hot and win. I'm not sure this is something to be banking on, with Example A being this year's Giants team, but I'm not Jerry Jones.
What? Are you fuking serious? Goddamn fraud!

MYOFIBRAH
10-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Cut $20M worth of contracts, replace them with guys off the street.

Here are guys making more than $500k that can be replaced with guys making $500k

Demarco Murray $800k
Bruce Carter $1.2M
Parnell $1.3M
Waters $1.5M
Kyle Orton $2M (the fuk you need a back QB for lol)
Bernadeau $2M (he's awful)
Hatcher $2.5M
Scandrick $2.8M
Dez Bryant $3M (j/k)
Tyron Smith $3.5M
Free $6.5M (lol)

I just went down the list pretty much. Not saying this is a good idea, but I'm sure Jerry can make this happen. It'd be lulz though and probably set a pretty bad precedent.

lol AP couldn't mask the holes that would be created by losing these guys. and Free doesn't make that much anymore, took a major pay cut. but if jerry did that, i'd be pissed, we'd lose too much. and personally i don't think we need AP to get over the hump. he probably could get us over it, but it'd feel like cheating.

5x10
10-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Murray. Miles Austin and draft picksin!

ragealot
10-22-2013, 10:14 PM
This off season Jerry was giving IOUs to players and they're about $40mill over the cap for next season.

Not gon happen. Don't even know why espn bothers to report this crap, guess they just want to waste more air time rambling about the cowboys.

TTexasTT
10-22-2013, 10:24 PM
lol AP couldn't mask the holes that would be created by losing these guys. and Free doesn't make that much anymore, took a major pay cut. but if jerry did that, i'd be pissed, we'd lose too much. and personally i don't think we need AP to get over the hump. he probably could get us over it, but it'd feel like cheating.
Did you know that Free was rated as the best Tackle in the NFL before last weeks penaltys

MericaBrah
10-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Yea no way its happening, cowboys are already going to be way over the cap and guess who will be looking for an extension next year... Dez Bryant

TerellOwens
10-22-2013, 10:32 PM
i want to see the AD/McCoy/Vick show

Zylantypic
10-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Brb 30m over the cap next season, brb won't be able to sign any FA's even after restructures, brb want to add AP's crazy cap hit to your salary.

Inb4 Mara owns the Cowboys again.

TTexasTT
10-22-2013, 10:36 PM
You and everyone except AD

MYOFIBRAH
10-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Did you know that Free was rated as the best Tackle in the NFL before last weeks penaltys

Free's been fukkin ballin this year, plus it helps when you have a monster like Waters next to you, but he looked like last years Free this past Sunday, only had one false start all year before that game. Hopefully it was a one time thing. I'm glad they got him back on track, shiit was atrocious last year.

niknguyen
10-22-2013, 11:05 PM

Why? Defense is the eagles problem. Not offense. Unless you just wanna be entertained and not win

kethnaab
10-22-2013, 11:35 PM

and he was straight ass last year, then the year before he was pretty darn good

dude has some serious schizophrenia going on or something

Gerald151
10-23-2013, 12:21 AM
My sources DO NOT believe this is a legitimate possibility.

Ecnewyx
10-23-2013, 07:48 AM
What? Are you fuking serious? Goddamn fraud!

I actually am Jerry Jones. Remember when I said that the only difference between the Cowboys and the Super Bowl winning Giants was Eli Manning? Why do you think I said that?

Eli Manning Crew representing, Cuzzz! :D

Haha. Obviously, a more discerning front office would evaluate the players more thoroughly than I did. I pretty much just went up the list and picked players not named Carr, Ware, or Claiborne.

It would hurt the Cowboys if they needed to free up $15M of cap just to absorb AP. It's not impossible though... the only players making serious money are Romo and Ware. Just compare the top three for the Cowboys (Romo, Ware, Carr = $25M) with the Lions (Stafford, Suh, Johnson = $35M). If the Cowboys really wanted to finagle this it could be done.