PDA

View Full Version : NFL Power Rankings

EastCoastNiner
10-22-2013, 01:43 PM
What are your power rankings after this week?

1. Seahawks
2. 49er's
3. Broncos
4. Chiefs
5. Saints
6. Packers
7. Patriots
8. Colts
9. Cowboys
10. Bengals

Inb4 Chiefs are 7-0 and Colts beat the Broncos.

Antonio519
10-22-2013, 01:48 PM
1. Broncos
2. Chiefs
3. Seahawks
4. Saints
5. Colts
6. 49ers
7. Packers
8. Bengals
9. Cowboys
10. Patriots

IamKyleKelly
10-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Lol at 49ers number 2 is all i have to say

Babalu1
10-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Niners and Pats above the Colts is lol. Greenbay should be behind the Colts too. They've beaten the Redskins, Lions, Ravens and Browns, compared with the Raiders, Niners, Seahawks and Broncos.

Mac_xX
10-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm fine with it except for lol at Pats being above the Bengals and Colts. 49ers should be below KC as well.

ShweezyBTFO
10-22-2013, 02:01 PM
OP, did you realize that half the super bowl isn't even on your top 10 list?

hublife
10-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Niners fan checking in.

1) Chiefs
2) Colts
3) Seahawks
4) Broncos
5) Niners
6) Saints
7) Patriots
8) Cowboys
9) Chargers
10) Bengals

EastCoastNiner
10-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Niners fan checking in.

1) Chiefs
2) Colts
3) Seahawks
4) Broncos
5) Niners
6) Saints
7) Patriots
8) Cowboys
9) Chargers
10) Bengals

No Saints?

Babalu1
10-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Niners fan checking in.

1) Chiefs
2) Colts
3) Seahawks
4) Broncos
5) Niners
6) Saints
7) Patriots
8) Cowboys
9) Chargers
10) Bengals

No Packers?

Ivan7x
10-22-2013, 02:06 PM
7-0 is 7-0 so

1.Chiefs
2.Seahawks
3.Broncos
4.Saints
5.Colts
6.Niners
7.Bengals
8.Patriots
9.Packers

Babyframes
10-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Niners fan checking in.

1) Chiefs
2) Colts
3) Seahawks
4) Broncos
5) Niners
6) Saints
7) Patriots
8) Cowboys
9) Chargers
10) Bengals

Above NO. Potato confirmed rofl...

hublife
10-22-2013, 02:07 PM
No Saints?

See Edit... Forgot them at first

No Packers?

Didn't forget them. They suck.

hublife
10-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Above NO. Potato confirmed rofl...

Niners will take NO out to the woodshed... Again.

CravinMoorehead
10-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Stick to making youtube videos ECN, leave the list making to the big boys.

TooLateForRoses
10-22-2013, 02:13 PM
dude the chiefs are 7-0 and colts beat the broncos.

also

no falcons? they just shut down an elite offense sunday

naturalKnox4
10-22-2013, 02:14 PM
1) Dallas Cowboys
2) Dallas Cowboys
3) Dallas Cowboys
4) Dallas Cowboys
5) Dallas Cowboys
6) Dallas Cowboys
7) Dallas Cowboys
8) Dallas Cowboys
9) Dallas Cowboys
10) Dallas Cowboys

Ivan7x
10-22-2013, 02:16 PM
dude the chiefs are 7-0 and colts beat the broncos.

also

no falcons? they just shut down an elite offense sundayplz be trolling....

neighborr
10-22-2013, 02:18 PM
no falcons? they just shut down an elite offense sunday

http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Celebrities/Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.g if

MTCC
10-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Potato rankings running wild itt.... Does anybody remember the 7-1 bears last year with "2 defensive MVP candidates" half way through the season.... Anybody that has the chiefs ranked 1 is a full in potato that I can immediately tell is very low on the critical thinking scale. Your record is not reflective of how good you are in the nfl. Talk to last years superbowl champs or Vegas if you truly think otherwise.

Edit- Everyone itt, there is no point arguing hublife, dude is a confirmed potato who will then say how he is trolling after realizing how potato he always goes.

hublife
10-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Potato rankings running wild itt.... Does anybody remember the 7-1 bears last year with "2 defensive MVP candidates" half way through the season.... Anybody that has the chiefs ranked 1 is a full in potato that I can immediately tell is very low on the critical thinking scale. Your record is not reflective of how good you are in the nfl. Talk to last years superbowl champs or Vegas if you truly think otherwise.

Oh look. Someone who doesn't understand the purpose of "Weekly" rankings.

Nobody is picking the Chiefs to win the Superbowl in this thread. I think if you were to put those Top 10 in the playoffs right now your final 4 are still

Broncos
Colts

Niners
Seahawks

MTCC
10-22-2013, 02:26 PM

Nobody is picking the Chiefs to win the Superbowl in this thread. I think if you were to put those Top 10 in the playoffs right now your final 4 are still

Broncos
Colts

Niners
Seahawks

No matter how you cut it, chiefs ain't number 1, chief.

DA_MOSS
10-22-2013, 02:27 PM

Broncos
Colts

Niners
Seahawks

your homerism knows no boundaries

NWA19
10-22-2013, 02:29 PM
What are your power rankings after this week?

1. Seahawks
2. 49er's
3. Broncos
4. Chiefs
5. Saints
6. Packers
7. Patriots
8. Colts
9. Cowboys
10. Bengals

Inb4 Chiefs are 7-0 and Colts beat the Broncos.

Lol'd hard OP. Bengals beat both the Pats and the Packers. Colts also DESTROYED the 49ers and should be in top 5 at least. Its like you copied and pasted a pre-season power ranking and just switched out Bears for Chiefs.

EastCoastNiner
10-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Lol'd hard OP. Bengals beat both the Pats and the Packers. Colts also DESTROYED the 49ers and should be in top 5 at least. Its like you copied and pasted a pre-season power ranking and just switched out Bears for Chiefs.

There's more than just head to head match-ups that matter. Power Rankings aren't just going to be based on record. Injuries and players coming back to teams play a role as well.

And, for your logic and this nut-hugging the Bengals and Colts, let's see here.

The Bengals lost to the Browns, and struggled to beat both the Bills and Lions the past two weeks. They don't have the offense to be a Super Bowl contender.

Yes, the Colts have been an up and down team. They have beaten the 49er's and Broncos. They also lost to the Chargers and Dolphins while struggling to beat the Raiders. They also lost Reggie Wayne, and Richardson has not been good so far.

If I take everything into consideration, I don't have either of those teams super high. If people want to base it on records, go ahead and sort the standings on ESPN.com, copy them, and past them here. There's more than just records and head to heads to consider.

sdballer5588
10-22-2013, 02:37 PM

The bengals lost to the BROWNS.

wsuwarrior
10-22-2013, 02:38 PM
I think the 49ers are overrated.

NWA19
10-22-2013, 02:55 PM
There's more than just head to head match-ups that matter. Power Rankings aren't just going to be based on record. Injuries and players coming back to teams play a role as well.

And, for your logic and this nut-hugging the Bengals and Colts, let's see here.

The Bengals lost to the Browns, and struggled to beat both the Bills and Lions the past two weeks. They don't have the offense to be a Super Bowl contender.

Yes, the Colts have been an up and down team. They have beaten the 49er's and Broncos. They also lost to the Chargers and Dolphins while struggling to beat the Raiders. They also lost Reggie Wayne, and Richardson has not been good so far.

If I take everything into consideration, I don't have either of those teams super high. If people want to base it on records, go ahead and sort the standings on ESPN.com, copy them, and past them here. There's more than just records and head to heads to consider.

Then what do you use for your rankings?

Colts would be better off without Richardson and they still held off the Broncos without Wayne although he is still a big part of their offense.

EastCoastNiner
10-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Then what do you use for your rankings?

Colts would be better off without Richardson and they still held off the Broncos without Wayne although he is still a big part of their offense.

I do look at the records. I'm not going to put a 4-3 team over a 6-1 team no matter what. However, I'm not just going to look at the Colts beating the 49er's with both now having the same record and automatically placing the Colts above them.

I look at how the teams have looked recently and how I think they will do in the near future. With Wayne going out, that hurts the Colts a little. With Gronkowski coming back, it helps the Patriots a little. When something like that happens, I factor it into the equation.

To be more specific about the Colts, Richardson has sucked so far. Since Wayne is out, Luck is going to be depending on Hilton, DHB, and Fleener a lot. If they can't get a run game going, it could really hurt them.

And, in regards to the Bengals (just noticed your sig), I don't trust their offense enough to rank them much higher.

Krazzer
10-22-2013, 03:02 PM
1.) Chiefs
2.) Colts
3.) Broncos
4.) Saints
5.) Seahawks
6.) 49ers
7.) Bengals
8.) Patriots
9.) Packers
10.) Cowboys

It's clear that the NFL doesn't really have a legit "league beater" team right now. Either a team has been beaten by another team or their schedule isn't really the best. So by default, you just have to put the Chiefs at first even though nobody really thinks they're the best team.

Colts have to be second by beating the supposed best team, but is hurt by the fact that they've been beaten by less than stellar competition. Broncos go to third. And everything after that is pretty much messy.

Realism
10-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Power rankings don't mean a whole at this point, and I think it's a crap shoot after the top 5.

1. Chiefs
2. Broncos
3. Colts
4. Seahawks
5. Saints

rampagefc77
10-22-2013, 03:27 PM

The Bengals beating the packers was one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen... Packers were down 14-0 before the packers offense could even touch the ball, then the packers score 30 unanswered which should have been like 50 except they settled for FGs on nearly every drive, then the packers have 3ish turnovers in the 4th to blow a 2 score lead, including a fumble returned for a TD by our rookie RB Franklin getting his first ever touches. Then the packers didn't even have a healthy RB to finish the game because everyone was injured so they had a punt returner (who is now cut because he fumbled the opening kickoff on the goal line) out there for the 2 minute drill. I can't see the bengals beating the packers again unless the aforementioned events somehow take place again... or unless the packers literally don't have enough healthy players to field a team, which seems more likely.

hublife
10-22-2013, 03:50 PM
your homerism knows no boundaries

Quoting this post so I can comeback to it in January...

It'll be fun because it'll probably be right after the Niners/Seahawks eliminate the Saints... Again.

DA_MOSS
10-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Quoting this post so I can comeback to it in January...

It'll be fun because it'll probably be right after the Niners/Seahawks eliminate the Saints... Again.

Still doesn't change the fact that you're one of, if not the, biggest homers on this site..

I never said anything about the Saints though

hublife
10-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Still doesn't change the fact that you're one of, if not the, biggest homers on this site..

I never said anything about the Saints though

Right. That's why I made the Niners #5 because I'm a massive homer who can't look objectively at his team.

Even if I AM a massive homer... why would it matter? I think that's what being a fan is all about.

Vayne
10-22-2013, 04:12 PM
The Chiefs are #1 until someone beats them.

Deal with it

DaBest12
10-22-2013, 04:29 PM
At this point I believe there's 5 top tier teams: Chiefs, Colts, Broncos, Saints, Seahawks. I think the results of matchups between these 5 teams could change everyday. Pretty hard to rank them but:

1. Chiefs 7-0 is 7-0 so.. We'll learn a lot about them in the upcoming weeks.
2. Broncos
3. Colts
4. Seahawks
5. Saints
6. 49ers
7. Bengals
8. Patriots - see them moving up once (if) Gronk and Amendola can stay healthy.
9. Packers

Honestly have no idea who #10 is.. Chargers/Lions I guess.

bananabucket
10-22-2013, 11:25 PM
1. Seahawks
2. Broncos
3. Saints
4. Chiefs
5. 49ers
6. Bengals
7. Packers
8. Colts
9. Patriots
10. Cowboys
11. Chargers
12. Lions

placing the Colts is pretty tough after losing Wayne. I'd probably have em at 5 or 6 otherwise. tough team to gauge given the resume.

and honestly I just have SEA above DEN since the Broncos just lost. but ya know who else gave up 30+ @Indy in their only loss..?

edit: added Cowboys.

Babalu1
10-23-2013, 05:40 AM
1. Seahawks
2. Broncos
3. Saints
4. Chiefs
5. 49ers
6. Bengals
7. Packers
8. Colts
9. Patriots
10. Cowboys
11. Chargers
12. Lions

placing the Colts is pretty tough after losing Wayne. I'd probably have em at 5 or 6 otherwise. tough team to gauge given the resume.

and honestly I just have SEA above DEN since the Broncos just lost. but ya know who else gave up 30+ @Indy in their only loss..?

edit: added Cowboys.

Well the power rankings change based on the previous weeks' results. So losing Wayne doesn't change the fact they beat the Broncos. If you were simply ranking the teams by the quality on the roster then the Colts would have to drop down a few spots after losing Reggie.

Engineer_Guy
10-23-2013, 05:49 AM

The Bengals also lost to the Browns and the Packers just manhandled the Browns.

The Packers/Bengals game was quite strange and really didn't display that the Bengals were better than the Packers. The Packers basically fed them 14 points from two fumbles by two different rookies (one who is now cut). FWIW Lacy didn't play that game either. Had Lacy been playing instead of Franklin you can take away that key fumble and the game goes to the Packers.

Zylantypic
10-23-2013, 05:49 AM
The Colts are still top 3 until proven otherwise, Wayne or no Wayne. They beat the Seahawks, the 49ers and the Broncos..all proverbial ''#1 teams'' by everybody either coming into the season or through the first 4-5 weeks.

1. Chiefs
2. Colts
3. Broncos
4. Seahaws
5. 49ers
6. Bengals
7. Patriots
8. Saints
9. Packers
10. Cowboys

This is not who I'd pick in the playoffs or who I think are better overall teams, just the rankings of how they've done match-up wise and who they've beaten. If you beat a team in a 60 minute game, you are better than them until proven wrong. No wonder this logic is being spewed ITT, it's from the fanbase that can't take losses to the likes of the Giants and Jets without making excuses for it (no offense ECN, your good people but this is common).

neighborr
10-23-2013, 06:34 AM
1. Chiefs
2. Colts
3. Broncos
4. Seahaws
5. 49ers
6. Bengals
7. Patriots
8. Saints
9. Packers
10. Cowboys

This is not who I'd pick in the playoffs or who I think are better overall teams, just the rankings of how they've done match-up wise and who they've beaten.

Loling hard at having 4 two-loss teams (many of those losses to very mediocre teams) ahead of a 1 loss saints team who lost on the road to the pats with a Hail Mary

Potatoes gon potate

NWA19
10-23-2013, 06:37 AM
The Bengals also lost to the Browns and the Packers just manhandled the Browns.

The Packers/Bengals game was quite strange and really didn't display that the Bengals were better than the Packers. The Packers basically fed them 14 points from two fumbles by two different rookies (one who is now cut). FWIW Lacy didn't play that game either. Had Lacy been playing instead of Franklin you can take away that key fumble and the game goes to the Packers.

Brandon Weeden lol

PrimeraRS
10-23-2013, 06:37 AM
The Chiefs are #1 until someone beats them.

Deal with it

Thats not how power ranking work. brb ASU 12-0 is ranked higher than 11-1 Bama/Oregon/LSU?

Not even once

Engineer_Guy
10-23-2013, 06:39 AM
The Colts are still top 3 until proven otherwise, Wayne or no Wayne. They beat the Seahawks, the 49ers and the Broncos..all proverbial ''#1 teams'' by everybody either coming into the season or through the first 4-5 weeks.

1. Chiefs
2. Colts
3. Broncos
4. Seahaws
5. 49ers
6. Bengals
7. Patriots
8. Saints
9. Packers
10. Cowboys

This is not who I'd pick in the playoffs or who I think are better overall teams, just the rankings of how they've done match-up wise and who they've beaten. If you beat a team in a 60 minute game, you are better than them until proven wrong. No wonder this logic is being spewed ITT, it's from the fanbase that can't take losses to the likes of the Giants and Jets without making excuses for it (no offense ECN, your good people but this is common).

Brah if you're going to only base this on wins and losses then there's no reason to even have a thread like this as wins/losses are not subjective at all and we'd all have the exact same list. Power rankings have to look beyond records and actually evaluate how the teams have performed. Some games are not a great representation of how good a team is because a single mistake by a rookie player could cost a team a game.

Zylantypic
10-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Loling hard at having 4 two-loss teams (many of those losses to very mediocre teams) ahead of a 1 loss saints team who lost on the road to the pats with a Hail Mary

Potatoes gon potate
Deal with it. Those teams have stronger wins against tougher competition, and the Saints haven't beaten world beaters this year. Inb4 Chiefs competition, their defense has been lights out either way.

neighborr
10-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Deal with it. Those teams have stronger wins against tougher competition, and the Saints haven't beaten world beaters this year. Inb4 Chiefs competition, their defense has been lights out either way.

So you're gonna count wins but not the losses? Rofl ok.pdf

The only two loss team I can justify ahead of the saints is colts. Otherwise that is a potato list.

And btw, who have Seahawks beaten? 49ers at home? Ok. That's the only decent team they've played and won.

Engineer_Guy
10-23-2013, 07:07 AM
Brandon Weeden lol

The Bengals/Browns game was 6-17. The defense won them that game. The Packers shredded the Browns defense while missing James Jones and Cobb, and lost Finley during the game. Hoyer wasn't going to make up a 18 point lead, especially considering the Packers spent more time running the clock than trying to score.

scotyg
10-23-2013, 07:09 AM
We should have a panel of analysts, coaches, and computers to decide who the best are.

Zylantypic
10-23-2013, 07:10 AM
So you're gonna count wins but not the losses? Rofl ok.pdf

The only two loss team I can justify ahead of the saints is colts. Otherwise that is a potato list.

And btw, who have Seahawks beaten? 49ers at home? Ok. That's the only decent team they've played and won.
It's potato because your team is behind 7 teams that are better than them as of Week 8? Okay, good to know your opinion isn't a clear headed, non-homer one. Looking at the Saints schedule so far, and at their schedule until NY/Dallas/San Fran/Seattle and Carolina..they won't be close to top 3 unless all the wins are blowouts. They've literally played the softest schedule out of all the top teams.

bigfish18q
10-23-2013, 07:19 AM

Yes, a Browns team that was looking pretty good before they lost their QB.

Edit: and anyone putting the Packers ahead of the Bengals is full potato anyway. Bengals won heads up, have the same record and have beaten better competition.

BEASTMODE420
10-23-2013, 07:20 AM
1) Dallas Cowboys
2) Dallas Cowboys
3) Dallas Cowboys
4) Dallas Cowboys
5) Dallas Cowboys
6) Dallas Cowboys
7) Dallas Cowboys
8) Dallas Cowboys
9) Dallas Cowboys
10) Dallas Cowboys

Cowboys beating themselves?

Seems about right. lol

1.Hawks(Harvin has arrived)
2.Broncos(2nd since not unbeatable)
3.Saints
4.Colts(Wayne down.. sry but colts needed him)
5.Niners
6.Pats(Gronks back)
7.Chiefs(dat D is hnnggg)
8.Lions(this is an offense no one wants to play)
9.Bengles (those young recievers are stepping up and making that O very formidable)
10.Packers (Best QB in the league, nuff said)

Engineer_Guy
10-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Yes, a Browns team that was looking pretty good before they lost their QB.

Once again, the Bengals could only score 6 points on the Browns. Remind me again how Hoyer won them that game?

bigfish18q
10-23-2013, 07:30 AM
Once again, the Bengals could only score 6 points on the Browns. Remind me again how Hoyer won them that game?

Not saying he won them that game, but Weeden is losing them games now.

niknguyen
10-23-2013, 08:01 AM
They've literally played the softest schedule out of all the top teams.

Seattle, broncos, and kc have all played softer schedules than the saints...Lol

Seattle: squeaked by carolina thanks to a fumble by deangelo williams which was completely retarded. Squeaked by htown because matt potato schaub. Lost to the colts, the only team that was competent at the time they played. Beat the 9ers in their slump. Beat the world beater jags. Beat zona

Broncos: beat the ravens who have been exposed, beat potato manning, struggled with jags, beat eagles, lost to colts (only team with a winning record), squeaked by dallas, beat the raiders

Chiefs: barely got past houston with a qb making his first career start, held cowboys in check, beat the eagles, giants, jags, fitzpatrick led titans. And oaklands

Saints actually beat teams with a record above .500 when they played the dolphins, bears. Can any of the above teams even claim that? I absolutely hate the saints but to think that kc, broncos, and seattle plqyed a tougher schedule is just laughable

neighborr
10-23-2013, 08:07 AM
It's potato because your team is behind 7 teams that are better than them as of Week 8? Okay, good to know your opinion isn't a clear headed, non-homer one. Looking at the Saints schedule so far, and at their schedule until NY/Dallas/San Fran/Seattle and Carolina..they won't be close to top 3 unless all the wins are blowouts. They've literally played the softest schedule out of all the top teams.

Trust me when I say my opinion is not based on homerism. I'll be the first to say when my team sucks or when other teams deserve to be ranked higher. I'm not saying saints are #1. But to have them below all of these 2 loss teams (THE LOSSES WERE TO MEDIOCRE TEAMS) is ridiculous. And honestly, none of those teams have played tough schedules outside of the colts.

Take a note from niknguyen's post above. You are the potato here son. Run along.

Doober4
10-23-2013, 08:15 AM

The Bengals got dominated by the Browns. Bengals aren't a top ten team and that will show as the season goes on.

bigfish18q
10-23-2013, 08:21 AM
The Bengals got dominated by the Browns. Bengals aren't a top ten team and that will show as the season goes on.

Lol potato post of the day.