PDA

View Full Version : Mayor Menino hopes the Red Sox win the World Series Cup

WheyneNewton
10-22-2013, 01:07 PM
this guy is the ultimate troll

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2013/10/mayor_menino_hopes_red_sox_win_the_world_series_cu p.html

It wouldn't be a championship without a sports flub by Boston Mayor Thomas Menino.
Over the years, Menino has delivered some memorable mix-ups when it comes to Boston sports. Menino will be stepping down at the end of his fifth term, but there will be at least one more “Menino-ism” that Boston will remember him by, as the following tweet by Globe crime reporter Maria Cramer showed on Tuesday morning:

Maria Cramer ✔ @GlobeMCramer
Menino asks fans to be responsible as the Red Sox try to bring back the "World Series cup."

Menino’s famous flubs over the years have included his references to “KJ and Hondo” (he meant Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo), Wes Weckler (he meant Wes Welker), having a “great guy in Willcott,” (he meant Vince Wilfork), how the Patriots will be without “Gonk” or the play of “Grabowski” (he meant Rob Gronkowski both times), NBA commissioner Donald Sterns (he meant David Stern) and, of course, referring to the great Boston sports moment of “Varitek splitting the uprights” (he meant Adam Vinateri).

AreolaBorealis
10-22-2013, 01:11 PM
I don't blame him who cares about baseball in boston

cgrimaldo
10-22-2013, 01:11 PM
lulz

thegenerel
10-22-2013, 01:13 PM
sorry OP, the guy is too busy keeping Chick Fil A out of Boston which is ironic considering how racist that city is.

HankScorp1o
10-22-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't blame him who cares about baseball in bostonWat? Literally EVERY PERSON in Boston cares about baseball in Boston.

But about the mayor, it's been discussed before and he HAS TO be trolling. There have been too many obvious flubs over the years. The article doesn't even mention a few years back when he called Tom Brady "Tim Bradley" or something like that... the guy is obviously just messing with people.

Realism
10-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Wat? Literally EVERY PERSON in Boston cares about baseball in Boston.

But about the mayor, it's been discussed before and he HAS TO be trolling. There have been too many obvious flubs over the years. The article doesn't even mention a few years back when he called Tom Brady "Tim Bradley" or something like that... the guy is obviously just messing with people.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2cynbmcOtnA/TPPw0zwaCTI/AAAAAAAABsQ/CgSIXKSFRjA/s1600/sarcasm_detector.jpg

niknguyen
10-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Wat? Literally EVERY PERSON in Boston cares about baseball in Boston.

Every time I see your sig and see blue barracudas I think about the door show "legend of the hidden temple"

WheyneNewton
10-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Every time I see your sig and see blue barracudas I think about the door show "legend of the hidden temple"

I always feel bad for future generations because they'll probably never know what it was like to grow up with the greatness that was Legends of the Hidden Temple, GUTS, Double Dare, etc.

EastCoastNiner
10-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I am SO ****ing glad this idiot will not be the mayor again. "Mumbles" is a complete idiot and never makes sense.

niknguyen
10-22-2013, 01:34 PM
I always feel bad for future generations because they'll probably never know what it was like to grow up with the greatness that was Legends of the Hidden Temple, GUTS, Double Dare, etc.

Shows these days are so poverty....

SompletelyCober
10-22-2013, 01:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/buQNghS.gif

100 % representative of Boston sports fans. Typical Boston potato. Menino does it again. Can't wait to watch another Boston team fail in the finals.

It'll be heart breaking to get that close to the Cup and come up short.

ShweezyBTFO
10-22-2013, 01:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/buQNghS.gif

100 % representative of Boston sports fans. Typical Boston potato. Menino does it again. Can't wait to watch another Boston team fail in the finals.

It'll be heart breaking to get that close to the Cup and come up short.

Why do you hate Boston so much?

I mean, I understand HankScorp1o is a future member of the FBI's Top 10 Most Wanted List, but other than that...?

SompletelyCober
10-22-2013, 01:56 PM
It's more of a joke at this point that KG is gone tbh (and yes, before you ask again, I hate your Nets now that he and Pierce are there. Should be a solid challenge for the Heat if it all works out, though)

Rondo is still there, but eh, he's just an annoying kunt who everyone hates, even Ray Ray. Would probably like him a if he played on the Heat.

I actually like the Patriots. Don't care much about the Red Sox and Bruins.

On the other hand, don't Boston fans have a bottom tier sports city reputation along with Philly fans?

AKbh8X1F2vY

MustardTiger17
10-22-2013, 02:33 PM
That guy is the Les Miles of mayors