PDA

View Full Version : Are the Chiefs highly overrated?

Love Pirate
10-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I was just noticing their schedule so far.. Literally the only team they have beat that currently has a winning record is the cowboys which was a 17-16 victory at home.

The combined record of their opponents so far is 15-33

I love how they went from 2-14 to starting the season 7-0 but do they have a chance to go anywhere past wildcard round? Is Alex Smith saving his deep throwing abilities to showcase them in the playoffs??

Mrs Grudge
10-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Overrated in what sense? I haven't seen anyone say they'd get past round 1, though considering how retarded this board is I wouldn't be surprised someone did say that.

Love Pirate
10-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Overrated in what sense? I haven't seen anyone say they'd get past round 1, though considering how retarded this board is I wouldn't be surprised someone did say that.

Really? Nobody thinks they will get past round 1?

niknguyen
10-22-2013, 10:06 AM
I was just noticing their schedule so far.. Literally the only team they have beat that currently has a winning record is the cowboys which was a 17-16 victory at home.

The combined record of their opponents so far is 15-33

I love how they went from 2-14 to starting the season 7-0 but do they have a chance to go anywhere past wildcard round? Is Alex Smith saving his deep throwing abilities to showcase them in the playoffs??
look at the broncos opponents record so far.

their offense with smith refusing to throw downfield does leave a lot to be desired but i think their defense is forreal.

what? people have them in the AFCCG or the SB if they can get HFA....

Mrs Grudge
10-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Really? Nobody thinks they will get past round 1?

look at the broncos opponents record so far.

their offense with smith refusing to throw downfield does leave a lot to be desired but i think their defense is forreal.

what? people have them in the AFCCG or the SB if they can get HFA....
I dont post on boards that have a lot of retards, so I can only talk from my perspective. I guess it is natural that an undefeated team is going to have a bunch of casual fans claiming theyll do chit.

Their offense is too limited to make any damage. Anyone who looked at football with any rational would realize that, so I don't really consider people who are stupid when I say no one thinks they'll make it far.

Love Pirate
10-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Their defense is no doubt legit and one thing you can say about Alex smith - he doesn't commit a lot of turnovers. He also hasn't thrown a TD in 3 games lol

GutCrusher
10-22-2013, 10:13 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Og1NB7Z.gif

i think they will win a playoff game

niknguyen
10-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Their defense is no doubt legit and one thing you can say about Alex smith - he doesn't commit a lot of turnovers. He also hasn't thrown a TD in 3 games lol

yeah their offense is extremely limited. im sure it'll catch up to them sooner or later. even with that defense.

impactplayer616
10-22-2013, 10:19 AM
They are playing very smart football with a legit D, unfortunately for them they will peak now and not be heard of in the playoffs.

Ramoneb87
10-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Not ovverated.

I think if anything consensus is that have a cake schedule and only have played ****ty teams. If anything they aren't getting the recognition an undefeated team would normally get at this point in the season

grapekiwi
10-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Alex Smith is horrendous.
Their defense is easily best in the league and the exotic playcalling makes it fukkin ridiculous.
However, games are close because Smith is a potato and literally cannot move the offense anywhere.

Mrs Grudge
10-22-2013, 10:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Og1NB7Z.gif

i think they will win a playoff game

If they're up against any decent QB, they're done. Teams like this appear every fuking year and they get chitted on. The Texans have had better rosters and didn't do chit in the playoffs until recently (then they fell off a cliff again).

If they draw a team like the Bengals they could make it past round 1 because they too have a chit QB. But if they get someone like the Colts or Patriots, they're gonna get their angus peppered.

CyberSheriff
10-22-2013, 10:27 AM
I dont post on boards that have a lot of retards, so I can only talk from my perspective. I guess it is natural that an undefeated team is going to have a bunch of casual fans claiming theyll do chit.

Their offense is too limited to make any damage. Anyone who looked at football with any rational would realize that, so I don't really consider people who are stupid when I say no one thinks they'll make it far.

O.

Was unaware how good the 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears offense was.

GutCrusher
10-22-2013, 10:28 AM
If they're up against any decent QB, they're done. Teams like this appear every fuking year and they get chitted on. The Texans have had better rosters and didn't do chit in the playoffs until recently (then they fell off a cliff again).

If they draw a team like the Bengals they could make it past round 1 because they too have a chit QB. But if they get someone like the Colts or Patriots, they're gonna get their angus peppered.

well yeah i think anything could happen against the colts or patriots, but time will tell.

will be interesting to see how they do against denver, indy, and SD

Mrs Grudge
10-22-2013, 10:30 AM
O.

Was unaware how good the 01 Ravens offense was.Because their D is really as good as the Ravens? (and that was over a decade ago). They haven't even beaten any good offenses except the Cowboys. They've made bank off playing poverty NFC East, not really all that impressive. Talk about fools gold, then again I am talking to a Chiefs fan, so you're obviously in false hope mode.

Also, if the Broncoes get wildcard, oh lawd.

Alex Smith is garbage, it's not going to win chit. If people here are really saying they're going to go to the Superbowl then that is even more pathetic when people were saying Allen Iverson is the 3rd best SG ever.

scotyg
10-22-2013, 10:33 AM
If you think offense is the only way to win football games, then yes they are overrated.

The offense has shown signs of life but has yet to play a complete game. One of the biggest reasons our offense has struggled is our offensive line is one of the youngest in the league.

Games started by position:
LT: 78
LG: 19
C: 11
RG: 38
LT: 6

Lot of room for improvement there.

Mrs Grudge
10-22-2013, 10:39 AM
If you think offense is the only way to win football games, then yes they are overrated.

The offense has shown signs of life but has yet to play a complete game. One of the biggest reasons our offense has struggled is our offensive line is one of the youngest in the league.

Games started by position:
LT: 78
LG: 19
C: 11
RG: 38
LT: 6

Lot of room for improvement there.I'm a Ravens fan, so I certainly do not think that. But you need at least some weapons on offense, which KC really doesn't have. Their receivers aren't very good either, Dwayne Bowe is their best one and he's really not that great, and he has no synergy with Alex Smith.

EastCoastNiner
10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
I have my doubts about the Chiefs as their offense is limited, but teams can find themselves in big trouble if they are down early against the Chiefs and forced to take some chances.

All it takes in a special teams TD or a game breaking run/catch from Charles to change the entire complexion of the game.

beepbeep
10-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Alex Smith is garbage, it's not going to win chit. If people here are really saying they're going to go to the Superbowl then that is even more pathetic when people were saying Allen Iverson is the 3rd best SG ever.
If Kyle Williams wasn't a total potato, Alex Smith would have gone to the Super Bowl playing the same low-risk gameplan that he's using in KC. The Chiefs have a great running game, a defense that gets after QBs/forces turnovers and a dangerous return game. That's a tough team to beat, especially in Arrowhead, as long as Smith doesn't turn it over.

TTexasTT
10-22-2013, 10:44 AM
I keep thinking they will lose every week but they keep winning so who knows.
I dont think they will beat the Broncos twice, maybe not even once. Even if they start to crumble a bit they wont lose more than 4 games so I imagine they will get into the playoffs. Once in the playoffs there is no telling what can happen.

I wouldnt mind if they won it all (If Dallas doesnt) their fans are some of the more tolerable fans in the NFL. I also like Andy Ried for some reason.

Love Pirate
10-22-2013, 10:51 AM
I kinda like Andy Reid too.. One thing I know about that broncos matchup - Peyton is not going to like getting hit by that D-line of Kansas City

scotyg
10-22-2013, 10:54 AM
I kinda like Andy Reid too.. One thing I know about that broncos matchup - Peyton is not going to like getting hit by that D-line of Kansas City

Colts have a lite version of our d and they got to manning all night.

dirtdickens
10-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Brah you are so wrong on this I would argue with you but youre probably too stupid to understand why you are wrong.

GrecoRoman
10-22-2013, 11:00 AM
They're probably the most underrated 7-0 team ever. Matchup nightmare for pretty much team in the NFL except Seattle (who's slightly overrated).

Love Pirate
10-22-2013, 11:05 AM
They're probably the most underrated 7-0 team ever. Matchup nightmare for pretty much team in the NFL except Seattle (who's slightly overrated).

Seattle has all the same stuff going on as the chiefs.. Maybe slightly worse D-line but slightly better secondary. Great running back just like the chiefs. Better QB

Mrs Grudge
10-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Seattle has all the same stuff going on as the chiefs.. Maybe slightly worse D-line but slightly better secondary. Great running back just like the chiefs. Better QBAnd they'll have Percy Harvin during the playoffs.

GrecoRoman
10-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Seattle has all the same stuff going on as the chiefs.. Maybe slightly worse D-line but slightly better secondary. Great running back just like the chiefs. Better QB

Pretty much but I think KC has the better offensive line as well and they're more dangerous on special teams. As of now, the home team wins the game though.

USAviator
10-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Well they beat a team that was/is imploding in on itself and is littered with injuries and has the worst special teams known to man in their own stadium by one point.

They will not win a playoff game.

Beliedat
10-22-2013, 11:14 AM
As long as they don't have to play from too far behind they are a great team. I don't know if they can hang against teams that can drop 30+, but I don't see many good offenses dropping 30.

hublife
10-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Until you lose a football game I'm not sure you can be considered "overrated". It's not like we've got a BCS type formula for the NFL. You are what your record is and they're undefeated.

Best team in football right now.

niknguyen
10-22-2013, 11:16 AM
As long as they don't have to play from too far behind they are a great team. I don't know if they can hang against teams that can drop 30+, but I don't see many good offenses dropping 30.

dallas is top 3 in scoring and they did ok against them

i really dont see many teams dropping more than 24 in KC.

Love Pirate
10-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Until you lose a football game I'm not sure you can be considered "overrated". It's not like we've got a BCS type formula for the NFL. You are what your record is and they're undefeated.

Best team in football right now.

Schedule counts for nothing?

The_Albatross
10-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Will likely lose their first game in the playoffs.

hublife
10-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Schedule counts for nothing?

Not in the NFL. The Chiefs didn't make that schedule... they just play who is on it.

HoustonMiscer
10-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Feelsbad when my team is on said soft schedule

bezarker
10-22-2013, 12:14 PM
FjIZ5Bh4_jo

MrHydrochloride
10-22-2013, 12:24 PM
There not overrated because its not to many ppl saying there the best team. Playoff team yes

Chairman7w
10-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Not in the NFL. The Chiefs didn't make that schedule... they just play who is on it.

Came here to post this. Will leave satisfied. But not until I add:

While it's true they haven't played many good teams, they can only play the teams that are on their schedule. And to be fair, they beat all those teams. You can't hold that against them.

ekmason
10-22-2013, 01:22 PM
2000 Ravens
10.3 PPG against
49 takeaways
35 sacks
Trent Dilfer

2013 Chiefs
10.8 PPG against
On pace for 48 takeaways
30 sacks already
Alex Smith

Alex Smith>Trent Dilfer

I rest my case

SquallFF8
10-22-2013, 01:46 PM
As a guy who lives in KS and hears about the Chiefs everyday....yeah they're overrated at this point. A lot of people know it too but are loving the attention at the moment. They are much improved, obviously, but some people on ESPN putting them as the #1 ranked team at this point are out of touch with reality. The Chiefs have played a weak schedule, barely won some games, and have pulled out some games in a home environment that is very favorable to them (on the level of Seattle home advantage). They have no core of receivers outside of Bowe and If they ever got behind in a game from a team (such as the Broncos) then I think they are in big trouble. They are a solid team when leading and managing the clock, but they are not THE top team. I'd put them in the top 5 right now but I foresee them losing twice to the Broncos and dropping a game to the Chargers and a few others in the 2nd half of the season.

TAWS6
10-22-2013, 01:50 PM
I lold when all the manning retards said Denver would go 16-0 then they blow their first real game. I don't think kc fans are that cocky.

Destructodave
10-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Because their D is really as good as the Ravens? (and that was over a decade ago). They haven't even beaten any good offenses except the Cowboys. They've made bank off playing poverty NFC East, not really all that impressive. Talk about fools gold, then again I am talking to a Chiefs fan, so you're obviously in false hope mode.

Also, if the Broncoes get wildcard, oh lawd.

Lol, implying Peyton Manning wins play-off games. I'd rather have Smith in a play-off game than Manning. Looking forward to everyone saying Broncos, or Peyton, are going to win it all like they do every single year, then watching them go 1 and done like all Peyton's teams do. Not to mention, their defense is far worse this year than last, and they went 1 and done last year so...

SquallFF8
10-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Lol, implying Peyton Manning wins play-off games. I'd rather have Smith in a play-off game than Manning. Looking forward to everyone saying Broncos, or Peyton, are going to win it all like they do every single year, then watching them go 1 and done like all Peyton's teams do. Not to mention, their defense is far worse this year than last, and they went 1 and done last year so...

Manning has not historically played his best in the playoffs, but his defenses have been horrendous except the one year he won a superbowl. The Broncos had a statistically good defense last year but did you see that playoff game? They all went full potato and were giving up long passes/bombs every drive to Joe Flacco. They looked pathetic. Manning never throws that interception in OT if they don't give up a 70 yard bomb with 30 seconds left in regular time with a 7 point lead.

But yeah, I have serious doubts that the Broncos can beat anyone in the playoffs this year with that defense.

ShweezyBTFO
10-22-2013, 02:25 PM

oh lawd, in on epic bump when chiefs-saints super bowl happens.

RobertPlant
10-22-2013, 02:29 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/9bd9ix.gif

Destructodave
10-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Manning has not historically played his best in the playoffs, but his defenses have been horrendous except the one year he won a superbowl. The Broncos had a statistically good defense last year but did you see that playoff game? They all went full potato and were giving up long passes/bombs every drive to Joe Flacco. They looked pathetic. Manning never throws that interception in OT if they don't give up a 70 yard bomb with 30 seconds left in regular time with a 7 point lead.

But yeah, I have serious doubts that the Broncos can beat anyone in the playoffs this year with that defense.

I would barely even count that Superbowl, with how bad Rex Grossman played. Any team that faced the Bears were probably going to win. It was sad that the Bears still had a chance to win in the game with Rex grossman turning the ball over like 5 times by himself, fumbling 2 snaps, and I think throwing 3 INTs, and the Colts kicking the ball to the 40 yard line and out of bounds all game to keep Devin Hester from getting it. I mean, Manning didn't really even play that well then; Rex Grossman just wanted to lose.

He won a SB though, but that was one of those games where if someone bring it up, and you actually watched it, it doesnt do much to change your opinion on Peyton's post-season abilities. I'd never bet on Peyton in the post-season. I seriously almost bet some money last year when everyone and their momma was crowning Peyton and Denver as the SB champs; like they had never watched Manning before. Anyone that has watched the NFL over the last decade should have seen that 1 and done coming, and probably should see the 1 and done coming this year, too.

ShweezyBTFO
10-22-2013, 03:08 PM
I would barely even count that Superbowl, with how bad Rex Grossman played. Any team that faced the Bears were probably going to win. It was sad that the Bears still had a chance to win in the game with Rex grossman turning the ball over like 5 times by himself, fumbling 2 snaps, and I think throwing 3 INTs, and the Colts kicking the ball to the 40 yard line and out of bounds all game to keep Devin Hester from getting it. I mean, Manning didn't really even play that well then; Rex Grossman just wanted to lose.

He won a SB though, but that was one of those games where if someone bring it up, and you actually watched it, it doesnt do much to change your opinion on Peyton's post-season abilities. I'd never bet on Peyton in the post-season. I seriously almost bet some money last year when everyone and their momma was crowning Peyton and Denver as the SB champs; like they had never watched Manning before. Anyone that has watched the NFL over the last decade should have seen that 1 and done coming, and probably should see the 1 and done coming this year, too.

So now super bowls don't count.

Ladies and gentleman, Destructodave, Georgia's finest.

scotyg
10-22-2013, 03:10 PM
As a guy who lives in KS and hears about the Chiefs everyday....yeah they're overrated at this point. A lot of people know it too but are loving the attention at the moment. They are much improved, obviously, but some people on ESPN putting them as the #1 ranked team at this point are out of touch with reality. The Chiefs have played a weak schedule, barely won some games, and have pulled out some games in a home environment that is very favorable to them (on the level of Seattle home advantage). They have no core of receivers outside of Bowe and If they ever got behind in a game from a team (such as the Broncos) then I think they are in big trouble. They are a solid team when leading and managing the clock, but they are not THE top team. I'd put them in the top 5 right now but I foresee them losing twice to the Broncos and dropping a game to the Chargers and a few others in the 2nd half of the season.

#2 in the NFL in point differential

#2 and #9 offenses in points both scored 16.

PrimeraRS
10-22-2013, 03:12 PM
I lold when all the manning retards said Denver would go 16-0 then they blow their first real game. I don't think kc fans are that cocky.

Look at them last year, they are happy they can finally wear their jerseys at the local sports bars without being mad fun of.

Still overrated though.

Krazzer
10-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Not in the NFL. The Chiefs didn't make that schedule... they just play who is on it. Correct. But one way to decipher whether the Chiefs really are as good as their record says they are is how they win these games. And so far, they've been short of impressive offense wise.

scotyg
10-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Correct. But one way to decipher whether the Chiefs really are as good as their record says they are is how they win these games. And so far, they've been short of impressive offense wise.
#2 in the NFL in pt differential.

no team is elite on both sides of the ball, but KC is #12 in pts scored and 19th in YPG. overall its an average offense right now yet people pretend they are the Jags. offense has a lot of room to grow, too

scotyg
10-22-2013, 05:17 PM
bored, saw this:

KC has outscored opponents 57-17 in the 4th quarter. And then theres this:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1874613/16b607ae-5b93-4bc1-b3f1-0695c6fd803f.jpg

you win the 2nd half and especially the 4th quarter, you're going to win a lot of games.

Destructodave
10-22-2013, 05:23 PM
So now super bowls don't count.

Ladies and gentleman, Destructodave, Georgia's finest.

If you want to use it as some defense for Manning not being a play-off choke artist, then yes. I bet you didn't even watch that game. Probably some fair weather fan that migrated from the MISC when he learned of sports. That game was a straight up win for literally any team that faced the Bears. Tebow could have been the QB for the Colts and won that game, thanks to Grossman turning the ball over every single time he touched it.

Manning was gifted his only superbowl win, but people keep pretending that "gift" wipes away his 1 and done's he does every single year come playoff time. So yea, please do root for him again this year, so I can say I told you so, just like last year, when he fails in the playoffs again and everyone says it was his team. Eventually, its not your team, it is you. How many 1 and done's and failed playoff games does someone have to have before you start realizing he is a post season choke artist? Still crack up about Manning and the Broncos being the favorite last year....lol. People dont watch football, or they'd stop picking him to win playoff games.

iamgenus
10-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Honestly I don't think they're rated high enough. I think people are so enamored with offenses these days they forget how dangerous a great defense can be and right now the Chiefs have a GREAT defense. Their pass rush is deadly as hell. They're getting good push up the middle and have 2 monster edge rushers in Houston and Hali. I can't wait to watch their game against the Broncos.

Yes I think their offense limits them but as long as they stay healthy and continue to have that pass rush they can beat any team. Just like with the 49ers in 2011 people are sleeping on them because of Alex Smith.

Destructodave
10-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Honestly I don't think they're rated high enough. I think people are so enamored with offenses these days they forget how dangerous a great defense can be and right now the Chiefs have a GREAT defense. Their pass rush is deadly as hell. They're getting good push up the middle and have 2 monster edge rushers in Houston and Hali. I can't wait to watch their game against the Broncos.

Yes I think their offense limits them but as long as they stay healthy and continue to have that pass rush they can beat any team. Just like with the 49ers in 2011 people are sleeping on them because of Alex Smith.

Alex Smith isn't even that bad. He doesn't make flashy plays, but he does make plays when it counts. He played pretty well in that championship game before the special teams cost him a trip to the Superbowl. Hes just not a flashy QB. I think hes a little underrated, tbh. Hes not the best in the league, but hes damn sure better than people give him credit for. I mean he is the most winning QB in what, the last couple years? You dont get that by accident, especially swapping teams. The dude swapped teams, to a 2-14 team, and is STILL winning. Something has to be said that hes not as bad as people want to believe, because this is a QB driven league. Good QB, you usually win games. Bad? You dont.

SYST3M4T1C
10-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Their defense is the real thing...they have one of the best rb in the game right now

It's only their QB I'm worried about...he doesn't make mistakes which is good but at the same time he barely makes any plays for the team...I wouldn't be surprised if the defense scores more points than Alex Smith does this season

They aren't the best team in the NFL right now but they are up there around top 3-5

laxster
10-22-2013, 05:33 PM

Came to post this, but thank you for pointing out the truth.

I can see them actually missing the playoffs to be brutally honest (partly because I'm a Charger homer and partly non-biased reasoning) because they have played nobody worth a lick at this point. I think Alex Smith is better than he gets credit for, he can be a gamer when he needs to be...but the question is how often?

Twon91
10-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Playing as a much better team than last year.
With a schedule built for a poverty.

Doesn't surprise me they are undefeated.

joedirt87
10-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I am waiting to see what they do in the playoffs. Andy Reid + Alex Smith, could two negatives equal a positive?

Dan916
10-22-2013, 05:47 PM
COnsidering its such a new team... yes

Anything can happen in the playoffs.. 1 and done or superbowl champs, nothin will surprise me

either way the same 4-5 Alex haters will put all the blame on him

Giant_Killer
10-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Die hard Chiefs fan no matter what checking in.

I've rooted for them and bled red and yellow my whole life, even when they sucked. That's not about to change now.

7&0 is 7&0

scotyg
10-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Came to post this, but thank you for pointing out the truth.

I can see them actually missing the playoffs to be brutally honest (partly because I'm a Charger homer and partly non-biased reasoning) because they have played nobody worth a lick at this point. I think Alex Smith is better than he gets credit for, he can be a gamer when he needs to be...but the question is how often?

no one is pretending they dont have flaws. but fuk you look at the best teams in the AFC right now, who doesnt? Brady is playin as bad as he has in years, the Colts look like the best team in the NFL one week then sleep walk into SD the next, Denver has no defense. Bengals i just dont know.

right now, being elite on one side and average on the other- and being consistent in doing so- is good enough to be 7-0.

iamgenus
10-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Alex Smith isn't even that bad. He doesn't make flashy plays, but he does make plays when it counts. He played pretty well in that championship game before the special teams cost him a trip to the Superbowl. Hes just not a flashy QB. I think hes a little underrated, tbh. Hes not the best in the league, but hes damn sure better than people give him credit for. I mean he is the most winning QB in what, the last couple years? You dont get that by accident, especially swapping teams. The dude swapped teams, to a 2-14 team, and is STILL winning. Something has to be said that hes not as bad as people want to believe, because this is a QB driven league. Good QB, you usually win games. Bad? You dont.

Stopped when I got to the bold. Alex wasn't to blame for losing that game but he doesn't get a free pass. Yeah his receivers were trash but Crabtree is obviously a talented receiver. You can't avoid throwing to your receivers if you want to win the game. The chances were there to move the ball and take the game but he was too safe. It's a risky way to play because at some point if you don't get it done on offense and someone else makes a mistake you don't get a chance to recover.

Destructodave
10-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Stopped when I got to the bold. Alex wasn't to blame for losing that game but he doesn't get a free pass. Yeah his receivers were trash but Crabtree is obviously a talented receiver. You can't avoid throwing to your receivers if you want to win the game. The chances were there to move the ball and take the game but he was too safe. It's a risky way to play because at some point if you don't get it done on offense and someone else makes a mistake you don't get a chance to recover.

Stopped, but still doesnt discount the fact he didnt lose the game; special teams did. All they had to do was not fumble over and over, which if you dont know a fumble by a return guy is basically a freakin score since it is probably deep in your territory. Really, would Kaep have won that game with that going on? Probably not. Special teams screwing up probably hurt teams more than anything else in the game. Ask all the teams who lost to Devin Hester when he was running punts and touchdowns back like it was a walk in the park, or Field Goal attempts.

All I am saying is, Kaep isn't much better, if at all, than Alex Smith. They were both playing lights out on the same team. Now, Alex is playing great on a 2-14 team. I wouldn't say Kaep is better. Is he more athletic? Better arm? Yea. But that doesnt mean hes just better at QB. Look at Manning. He can barely throw the ball 30 yards in the air anymore, still putting up rediculous numbers with flutter balls and ducks, and he cant even leave the pocket. They have different skill-sets. I would like to see Kaep on a team that hasnt been top in the division 3 years in a row. I mean he came into a almost superbowl team; its not like hes carrying them to victory. I mean fuk, Brady went down for the pats, and Matt Cassel of all people won 11 games because of how good the damn team was that year.

ShweezyBTFO
10-22-2013, 07:01 PM
If you want to use it as some defense for Manning not being a play-off choke artist, then yes. I bet you didn't even watch that game. Probably some fair weather fan that migrated from the MISC when he learned of sports. That game was a straight up win for literally any team that faced the Bears. Tebow could have been the QB for the Colts and won that game, thanks to Grossman turning the ball over every single time he touched it.

Manning was gifted his only superbowl win, but people keep pretending that "gift" wipes away his 1 and done's he does every single year come playoff time. So yea, please do root for him again this year, so I can say I told you so, just like last year, when he fails in the playoffs again and everyone says it was his team. Eventually, its not your team, it is you. How many 1 and done's and failed playoff games does someone have to have before you start realizing he is a post season choke artist? Still crack up about Manning and the Broncos being the favorite last year....lol. People dont watch football, or they'd stop picking him to win playoff games.

why are you projecting your insecurities onto other people? Is it because you're 5'9? I'd be mad too if I was 31 years old, rotting away in georgia, and a midget to boot.

Destructodave
10-22-2013, 07:07 PM
why are you projecting your insecurities onto other people? Is it because you're 5'9? I'd be mad too if I was 31 years old, rotting away in georgia, and a midget to boot.

You sure talk tough and with a lot of confidence to be a guy who hides himself behind a fake avatar. Pretty obvious you are the type of guy who just stares at the ground and is socially awkward, IRL. I might be 31, but at least I'm not a phaggot who's only claim to fame in life is trolling BB.com forums, and can't even use his own face to do it. Hell, for all we know, you are 5'8, 145 lbs of nothing, that looked like his momma stuck him in the corner and fed him with a slingshot. 10,000 posts in 2 years, and I'm the loser. Gotcha.

Do you exercise at all? Do you do anything? Do you ever tell the truth? Do you have any real confidence whatsoever, and not just fake forum confidence? Who knows. But all signs point to no. But, if trolling bb.com and projecting yourself as better than other posters is all you have in life, with 10,000 posts, by all means keep fukin that chicken, son. Don't let me stop you.

iamgenus
10-22-2013, 07:13 PM

You're breaking my heart all over the place tonight man :(

Kv492
10-22-2013, 08:04 PM
The bears went to the sb with a good d and REX ****ING GROSSMAN

Not that I think it will happen because noodle arm
But ya never know

rickysspanish
10-22-2013, 08:39 PM
meanwhile Broncos following the trend from last season, lose to the only winning team they faced

ShweezyBTFO
10-22-2013, 08:48 PM
You sure talk tough and with a lot of confidence to be a guy who hides himself behind a fake avatar. Pretty obvious you are the type of guy who just stares at the ground and is socially awkward, IRL. I might be 31, but at least I'm not a phaggot who's only claim to fame in life is trolling BB.com forums, and can't even use his own face to do it. Hell, for all we know, you are 5'8, 145 lbs of nothing, that looked like his momma stuck him in the corner and fed him with a slingshot. 10,000 posts in 2 years, and I'm the loser. Gotcha.

Do you exercise at all? Do you do anything? Do you ever tell the truth? Do you have any real confidence whatsoever, and not just fake forum confidence? Who knows. But all signs point to no. But, if trolling bb.com and projecting yourself as better than other posters is all you have in life, with 10,000 posts, by all means keep fukin that chicken, son. Don't let me stop you.

You typed up an essay on why you PROJECT me to be a certain way while simultaneously claiming that I put too much effort into these forums. It shouldn't even take an education in the Georgia public school system to figure out how stupid that is, but then again all signs point to you being a middle school dropout. For all we know, you're just another Zuus and using a fake avi.

My avi is 100% real btw. Wish my associates could drown your dog in boiling water like they used to, back in the good old days.

You're breaking my heart all over the place tonight man :(

but are you rotting away in georgia tho

wickedman
10-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Team isn't much different from the Niners team that went to the NFC championship a few years ago...

ShweezyBTFO
10-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Team isn't much different from the Niners team that went to the NFC championship a few years ago...

yup, and unless dexter goes full potato........we both know who's gonna be playing in the super bowl this year.

DefensiveEnd896
10-22-2013, 09:06 PM
I don't think the Chiefs are overrated at all. Why? Because of threads like this.

You don't see many threads talking about how good the Chiefs are. Kind of hard to be overrated when that happens.

Destructodave
10-22-2013, 11:22 PM
You typed up an essay on why you PROJECT me to be a certain way while simultaneously claiming that I put too much effort into these forums. It shouldn't even take an education in the Georgia public school system to figure out how stupid that is, but then again all signs point to you being a middle school dropout. For all we know, you're just another Zuus and using a fake avi.

My avi is 100% real btw. Wish my associates could drown your dog in boiling water like they used to, back in the good old days.

but are you rotting away in georgia tho

Lol, that is supposed to be a comeback? I thought you were king troll over here, with 10,000 posts? It's like, you just say whatever and think its witty. Sad really. I guess I cant expect much from a guy who has said the same thing to me 4 times now, and once in a neg. I get it, you have a problem with height, and age, and georgia. Gotcha. Clinging to the only thing you have huh, if you even do with your fake Vick face AVI and e-stats. Only on BB.com. Keep fukin that chicken.

And anyways, do you even make sense? How do you figure you found a zinger in the post where you are socially awkward IRL, and that contradicts with you spending all your time on the bb.com forums? They kind of correlate, genius. Obviously, you arent spending that time doing anything else but posting. And, you try so hard to act cool here. And hey, you are supposedly 6'0' tall, that makes you cool on bb.com, even with no AVI amirite?

10,000 posts in 2 years, I can only imagine you just stare at the screen all day waiting on people to respond to you so you can "try" to be witty. Seriously, how do you even have time to do anything else? I have been here since 2006, and have 1700.

bananabucket
10-22-2013, 11:30 PM
I don't care that much about records. in this league there is not much between being 7-0 and being 4-3. just a few plays here and there.

gotta give em credit for winning them all, but I prefer to use the 'eye test'. I think they are a really solid team that deserves respect. however I am not ready to put them in the elite category at the moment. ignoring schedule/circumstances, I see them as a 11-5 'caliber' team, divisional round exit.

0tto
10-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Broncos, pats, and bengals are all better in the afc alone.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 12:30 AM
Lol, that is supposed to be a comeback? I thought you were king troll over here, with 10,000 posts?
I'm not the king troll by any means.

It's like, you just say whatever and think its witty.

I say whatever and don't think anything of it...pretty obvious to anyone with a barely functioning brain around here.

Sad really. I guess I cant expect much from a guy who has said the same thing to me 4 times now, and once in a neg.

Oh, so you can read? I didn't know until just now. Good job brah maybe you'll make it one day

I get it, you have a problem with height, and age, and georgia. Gotcha. Clinging to the only thing you have huh, if you even do with your fake Vick face AVI and e-stats. Only on BB.com. Keep fukin that chicken.

Well your terrible posts are the other things I have to point out, but EVERYONE on this site references age/height/location, so why are you acting like I'm the only one who does this....

And anyways, do you even make sense? How do you figure you found a zinger in the post where you are socially awkward IRL, and that contradicts with you spending all your time on the bb.com forums? They kind of correlate, genius. Obviously, you arent spending that time doing anything else but posting. And, you try so hard to act cool here. And hey, you are supposedly 6'0' tall, that makes you cool on bb.com, even with no AVI amirite?

Huh? I have an avi. Now you're just talking for the sake of talking. You're right though, I'm actually 6'2 according to the NBA. Sorry for frauding.

10,000 posts in 2 years, I can only imagine you just stare at the screen all day waiting on people to respond to you so you can "try" to be witty. Seriously, how do you even have time to do anything else? I have been here since 2006, and have 1700.

I'm sorry they teach multi-tasking in the states above the Mason-Dixon line. Should I apologize for your 56k dial-up connection too?

JediRN
10-23-2013, 12:45 AM
I don't think the Chiefs are overrated at all. Why? Because of threads like this.

You don't see many threads talking about how good the Chiefs are. Kind of hard to be overrated when that happens.

That was my thought. I've been a KC fan for 30 some odd years now. Other than our local media, who is rating them high. You know I'm a KC fan because I also realize/lived that the KC Chiefs will always win just enough to break your hearts... sad but true.

Destructodave
10-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Huh? I have an avi. Now you're just talking for the sake of talking. You're right though, I'm actually 6'2 according to the NBA. Sorry for frauding.

Your AVI is 90% Micheal Vick's face, and you are actually serious about having an AVI? You might as well have a fake one. There is literally background, micheal vick's face; that is your AVI. How does that even count? No body, nothing. Just a head, a sliver of black shirt, and a fake face, on here throwing e-stats around and pretending to be cool to get dem repz so you can feel validated.

Anyways, carry on fake person. Got your e-cred to save. Tough ass troll on the Sports misc with a fake avi; serious business posting all day to keep the masses happy and the self-esteem up.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 12:51 AM
Your AVI is 90% Micheal Vick's face, and you are actually serious about having an AVI? You might as well have a fake one. There is literally background, micheal vick's face; that is your AVI. How does that even count? No body, nothing. Just a head, a sliver of black shirt, and a fake face, on here throwing e-stats around and pretending to be cool to get dem repz so you can feel validated.

If I was e-statting I'd probably choose something like 6'2/215. Looks/sounds more aesthetic. And are you serious about the reps? I've been negged to deep red like three times.

Anyways, carry on fake person. Got your e-cred to save. Tough ass troll on the Sports misc with a fake avi; serious business posting all day to keep the masses happy and the self-esteem up.

Your talk about "the masses" coupled with that post you made where you mocked the victims of 9/11 all points to you being a huge phaggot. Enjoy plucking those peaches.

Destructodave
10-23-2013, 12:52 AM
That was my thought. I've been a KC fan for 30 some odd years now. Other than our local media, who is rating them high. You know I'm a KC fan because I also realize/lived that the KC Chiefs will always win just enough to break your hearts... sad but true.

Chiefs are a bit underrated; what other 7-0 team would people think was garbage? People labeling Denver greatest ever, and Tebow could put 400 yards on them in the air; I'd say KC is more balanced than they are. I dunno why you guys dont back your team. All because of Alex Smith? The dude almost went to the Superbowl with the 49ers. He was 19-5 2 years with them, and 26-5 right now. Hell, be glad you even have a good QB. The Ravens won last year with freakin Joe Failco; you dont think Alex Smith can win games? Hes been winning games for 3 years straight. Have some faith. Game manager or not, he still wins as many games as anyone in the league, and on different teams. I think KC is better than fans are giving them credit for.

Destructodave
10-23-2013, 12:56 AM
If I was e-statting I'd probably choose something like 6'2/215. Looks/sounds more aesthetic. And are you serious about the reps? I've been negged to deep red like three times.

Your talk about "the masses" coupled with that post you made where you mocked the victims of 9/11 all points to you being a huge phaggot. Enjoy plucking those peaches.

Dude, there is a reason you would spend this much time posting 24/7 with the amount of posts you have in the short amount of time. Hell, I bet you have multiple accounts, or even have accounts banned during that period, too, so your 10,000 is probably very misleading. If not for reps, its for validation in some form or fashion. What normal person wastes time like that. You just doing it because? Lol ok. You dont go to the lengths you do to spam these forums without a reason. Only on bb.com can a guy who spends every minute of his day posting be considered cool. Maybe thats why you stay here.

darknessmanX
10-23-2013, 12:59 AM

exactly. how the hell are they overrated? if anything they are slept on.

they have a winning percentage of 100 and nobody's afraid of them. that's the opposite of overrated.

and i bet you they're gonna be a tougher out in the playoffs than the broncos.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Dude, there is a reason you would spend this much time posting 24/7 with the amount of posts you have in the short amount of time. Hell, I bet you have multiple accounts, or even have accounts banned during that period, too, so your 10,000 is probably very misleading. If not for reps, its for validation in some form or fashion. What normal person wastes time like that. You just doing it because? Lol ok. You dont go to the lengths you do to spam these forums without a reason. Only on bb.com can a guy who spends every minute of his day posting be considered cool. Maybe thats why you stay here.

So posting at a high frequency for 2-3 hours while I'm simultaneously watching a sporting event = spending every minute of my day on here?

...most of my posts tonight involved dealing with your obvious lack of a brain. But I'm sure that's what you wanted.

Destructodave
10-23-2013, 01:02 AM
exactly. how the hell are they overrated? if anything they are slept on.

they have a winning percentage of 100 and nobody's afraid of them. that's the opposite of overrated.

and i bet you they're gonna be a tougher out in the playoffs than the broncos.

Well, when is Peyton "1 and done" Manning ever a tough out in the playoffs. Gonna be sad when Tebow got more playoff wins with his time in Denver than Manning did.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Well, when is Peyton "1 and done" Manning ever a tough out in the playoffs. Gonna be sad when Tebow got more playoff wins with his time in Denver than Manning did.

Gonna be sad when Tebow has as many playoff wins as Matt Ryan for the entirety of their careers.

Destructodave
10-23-2013, 01:07 AM
So posting at a high frequency for 2-3 hours while I'm simultaneously watching a sporting event = spending every minute of my day on here?

...most of my posts tonight involved dealing with your obvious lack of a brain. But I'm sure that's what you wanted.

Lol my lack of a brain...gotcha. Call troll with fake AVI out for being a troll who wastes a neg and 3 messages to make fun of my age/height/location instead of just talking about the thread at hand before I even respond to him, and I'm the one lacking a brain. The one thing I never understand is why people use fake AVI's. Why not just use none at all? You think it somehow elevates you to a more respectable poster, even if you have a fake ass face plastered over your real head? Are you just scared that you cant be as effective at being a phaggot if people can actually retort? I mean 6'0 187 lbs you are like a stick. I imagine your real face follows suit. Is it really that difficult to participate in the real world? I mean you cant even really participate here, how do you even manage away from the screen? Odds are you dont, with 10,000 posts, lol.

sdballer5588
10-23-2013, 01:10 AM
This is apparently prime time Destructo vs Royce

Destructodave
10-23-2013, 01:10 AM
Gonna be sad when Tebow has as many playoff wins as Matt Ryan for the entirety of their careers.

Still gonna out perform Manning in Denver.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 01:18 AM
lol this is great copypasta material. GJ Destructodaveman

Lol my lack of a brain...gotcha. Call troll with fake AVI out for being a troll who wastes a neg and 3 messages to make fun of my age/height/location instead of just talking about the thread at hand before I even respond to him, and I'm the one lacking a brain. The one thing I never understand is why people use fake AVI's. Why not just use none at all? You think it somehow elevates you to a more respectable poster, even if you have a fake ass face plastered over your real head? Are you just scared that you cant be as effective at being a phaggot if people can actually retort?

I'm scared that nick foles will make me irrelevant. Fuk that guy.

I mean 6'0 187 lbs you are like a stick.

Why do you think I'm so injury prone?

I imagine your real face follows suit. Is it really that difficult to participate in the real world?

You tell me brah, check my post history and you'll see I'm not on here much during the standard 9 - 5.

I mean you cant even really participate here, how do you even manage away from the screen? Odds are you dont, with 10,000 posts, lol.

Is it a LOCK?

Still gonna out perform Manning in Denver.

Uh, cool...but I'm not even an Em stan like that. Don't know why you think I'd care about 50 Tyson having more street cred than him.

1hardgainer
10-23-2013, 01:34 AM
I think the Chiefs must be the worst 7-0 team of all time and the Giants are the best 1-6 team of all time lulz

darknessmanX
10-23-2013, 01:36 AM
I think the Chiefs must be the worst 7-0 team of all time and the Giants are the best 1-6 team of all time lulz

sounds like a good club to be in.

i'm a huge giants fan, and i'll tell you right now the chiefs would pummel us. eli and our o-line against the chiefs defense? goodnight sweet ribcage.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 01:40 AM
sounds like a good club to be in.

i'm a huge giants fan, and i'll tell you right now the chiefs would pummel us. eli and our o-line against the chiefs defense? goodnight sweet ribcage.

it already happened...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013092905/2013/REG4/giants@chiefs#tab=recap&menu=highlights

strong sig btw lmao, I don't touch casinos phaggot. sportsbook or nothing for me. didn't know there were students who get unemployment checks.

darknessmanX
10-23-2013, 01:44 AM
it already happened...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013092905/2013/REG4/giants@chiefs#tab=recap&menu=highlights

strong sig btw lmao, I don't touch casinos phaggot. sportsbook or nothing for me. didn't know there were students who get unemployment checks.

well, in nevada every casino has a sportsbook, so i pretty much meant the book inside of the casino. have you ever actually bet in las vegas? you would love it man... you win your bet and the cash gets spit out to you right then and there. i hate online books because even if you win big you kind of gotta wait to get actually get the money (then they're gonna hit you with wiring fees or whatever).

ElMariachi
10-23-2013, 01:59 AM
Once in the playoffs, who knows what can happen, if that defense catches fire and they shut down opposing teams like they've been doing, that offense is able to score just enough to get the W. They could be a first round out or they could make it all the way to the SB, but they'll get only as far as the defense is able to carry them.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 02:07 AM
well, in nevada every casino has a sportsbook, so i pretty much meant the book inside of the casino. have you ever actually bet in las vegas? you would love it man... you win your bet and the cash gets spit out to you right then and there. i hate online books because even if you win big you kind of gotta wait to get actually get the money (then they're gonna hit you with wiring fees or whatever).

man, I gotta go one day, I've heard the Hilton is where it's at for sports betting.

And yeah I know these feels, but some of the online books (5dimes) have so many juicy betting options that you can exploit if you have the patience.

darknessmanX
10-23-2013, 02:12 AM
man, I gotta go one day, I've heard the Hilton is where it's at for sports betting.

And yeah I know these feels, but some of the online books (5dimes) have so many juicy betting options that you can exploit if you have the patience.

yes!!! that's where i always bet when i go. they let you do ANYTHING there.

none of the other books let you do moneyline parlays- they scared. only The Hilton (and i think Binions) let you parlay moneylines. you can make an 8 leg parlay with 4 moneylines, 2 spreads and 2 totals (over/unders).

used to take nothing but college football locks on the moneyline, brb every team winning by 30.

go up to the MGM bookie asking "can i parlay the moneyline?" they bertstare you like you just asked them "can i fondle your daughter?"

yeah 5dimes has the juiciest options, i should make an account one day but i don't wanna deal with that dickhead Tony.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 02:16 AM
yes!!! that's where i always bet when i go. they let you do ANYTHING there.

none of the other books let you do moneyline parlays- they scared. only The Hilton (and i think Binions) let you parlay moneylines. you can make an 8 leg parlay with 4 moneylines, 2 spreads and 2 totals (over/unders).

used to take nothing but college football locks on the moneyline, brb every team winning by 30.

go up to the MGM bookie asking "can i parlay the moneyline?" they bertstare you like you just asked them "can i fondle your daughter?"

yeah 5dimes has the juiciest options, i should make an account one day but i don't wanna deal with that dickhead Tony.

can you parlay team totals there too? Because honestly that's all I've been doing lately and it is the easiest money I've ever made in my life, don't know why I didn't start sooner.

TerellOwens
10-23-2013, 02:20 AM
Lol my lack of a brain...gotcha. Call troll with fake AVI out for being a troll who wastes a neg and 3 messages to make fun of my age/height/location instead of just talking about the thread at hand before I even respond to him, and I'm the one lacking a brain. The one thing I never understand is why people use fake AVI's. Why not just use none at all? You think it somehow elevates you to a more respectable poster, even if you have a fake ass face plastered over your real head? Are you just scared that you cant be as effective at being a phaggot if people can actually retort? I mean 6'0 187 lbs you are like a stick. I imagine your real face follows suit. Is it really that difficult to participate in the real world? I mean you cant even really participate here, how do you even manage away from the screen? Odds are you dont, with 10,000 posts, lol.
strong manlet syndrome

darknessmanX
10-23-2013, 02:22 AM
can you parlay team totals there too? Because honestly that's all I've been doing lately and it is the easiest money I've ever made in my life, don't know why I didn't start sooner.

honestly not sure, not too familiar with what "team totals" are but that sounds juicy. you see a lot of local degenerates making second half bets at vegas casinos, for some reason those are all the rage.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 02:55 AM
honestly not sure, not too familiar with what "team totals" are but that sounds juicy. you see a lot of local degenerates making second half bets at vegas casinos, for some reason those are all the rage.

team totals as in betting the team total over or under on a specific team rather than taking the absolute TOTAL, it's great because a lot of times you think a game will go "over" or "under" but only one of the 2 teams will be responsible for it, so you just bet that side and not worry about the points from the other team.

TerellOwens
10-23-2013, 03:00 AM
u can only play who ur scheduled against too early to call

defense is solid, so anything is fair game for kc

Dan916
10-23-2013, 03:18 AM
3 more weeks is when we find out how good the Chiefs are.

Funny enough, Denver would have been big favorites, but the loss to colts had calmed the masses... its at Denver so theylll still be favorites though

Gameplan777
10-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Absolutely Not. Hands down the best team in the NFL right now. Well.....maybe the Colts

scotyg
10-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Factoid about the playoffs that's being overlooked: Weather.

As of right now the AFC playoffs go through KC, Denver, Cinci, Indy and New England. None of those other then Indy are places you want to play in January. If you have a great defense and can run, that's a big advantage.

Then finally the Super Bowl itself is outside. In New Jersey. In February. It could very well be played in a blizzard.

JediRN
10-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Chiefs are a bit underrated; what other 7-0 team would people think was garbage? People labeling Denver greatest ever, and Tebow could put 400 yards on them in the air; I'd say KC is more balanced than they are. I dunno why you guys dont back your team. All because of Alex Smith? The dude almost went to the Superbowl with the 49ers. He was 19-5 2 years with them, and 26-5 right now. Hell, be glad you even have a good QB. The Ravens won last year with freakin Joe Failco; you dont think Alex Smith can win games? Hes been winning games for 3 years straight. Have some faith. Game manager or not, he still wins as many games as anyone in the league, and on different teams. I think KC is better than fans are giving them credit for.

Oh I'm totally stoked about Alex Smith. He is a solid QB but hes no Joe Montana and even he couldn't get a a ring (and not blaming him as his drive against the donkeys on MNF was epic). Its just Missouri is the Show Me State. It's our motto for a reason. And personally I don't care if we are under rated. The more a team looks past us, the better.

DocHol1day
10-23-2013, 09:15 AM
huge chiefs fan checking in.

my personal opinion is that they are a flawed team. the offense is fairly weak. however, i dont see any team in the league this year that doesnt have flaws somewhere. denvers d is horrible. anything could happen. they could go out in the first round, they could win it all. thats true about every team in the top 8 or so of the power rankings right now. imo anyway.

scotyg
10-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Oh I'm totally stoked about Alex Smith. He is a solid QB but hes no Joe Montana and even he couldn't get a a ring (and not blaming him as his drive against the donkeys on MNF was epic). Its just Missouri is the Show Me State. It's our motto for a reason. And personally I don't care if we are under rated. The more a team looks past us, the better.
Insert meth joke here.

iamgenus
10-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Factoid about the playoffs that's being overlooked: Weather.

As of right now the AFC playoffs go through KC, Denver, Cinci, Indy and New England. None of those other then Indy are places you want to play in January. If you have a great defense and can run, that's a big advantage.

Then finally the Super Bowl itself is outside. In New Jersey. In February. It could very well be played in a blizzard.

Very good point. Hadn't really thought of it but imo that puts Denver in a big disadvantage if they were to actually win out in the AFC. Peyton Manning playing in an outdoor stadium in cold weather =/ Peyton Manning in a dome/warm weather.

KC has a very good shot in the playoffs with that defense.

Bbran55
10-23-2013, 10:06 AM
I think the Chiefs are as good as they seem. They lead the league in turnover differential, are fifth in yards allowed per game, and first in points allowed per game.

cor030
10-23-2013, 11:25 AM
O.

Was unaware how good the 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears offense was.

couple things wrong here

1) you're comparing KC's defense to two all time great defenses. they're without question good, best in the NFL to this point in the season, but come on..
2) don't you think it's kind of a bad sign that you had to go back as far as 2001 to find a team with an offense comparable to this years? then to 1985?

I'm a fan of the Chiefs and I hope they do well. After seeing Alex Smith in the 2011 playoffs I don't doubt his ability to perform when it matters.. but he's gotta show that to me. Their ridiculously weak schedule has made it so he hasn't had to so I'm not gonna judge yet.

kethnaab
10-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Manning has not historically played his best in the playoffs, but his defenses have been horrendous except the one year he won a superbowl.

nonsense.

2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009, the Colts had a top 10 defense in points allowed, and in 2007 were actually #1 in the NFL.

They were 1-and-done each season

Peypey's log from those 1-and-done postseasons in 2002, 2005, 2007, and 2008:

2002 = 14 for 31 (45%), 0 TDs, 2 picks, 0 points scored
2005 = 22 for 38 (57%), 1 TD, 0 picks 18 points scored
2007: 33 for 48, 69%, 3 TD, 2 picks, 24 points scored
2008: 25 for 42, 59%, 1 TD, 0 picks, 17 points scored

SquallFF8
10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
nonsense.

2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009, the Colts had a top 10 defense in points allowed, and in 2007 were actually #1 in the NFL.

They were 1-and-done each season

Peypey's log from those 1-and-done postseasons in 2002, 2005, 2007, and 2008:

2002 = 14 for 31 (45%), 0 TDs, 2 picks, 0 points scored
2005 = 22 for 38 (57%), 1 TD, 0 picks 18 points scored
2007: 33 for 48, 69%, 3 TD, 2 picks, 24 points scored
2008: 25 for 42, 59%, 1 TD, 0 picks, 17 points scored

I watched each of those teams throughout those years and their defense was still very bad despite not giving up a ton of points. What those stats don't tell you is the time of possession that they had in those games. The gameplan was typically to keep Peyton off the field and rush for first downs. I remember opposing teams keeping him off the field for 8-10 minutes on drives. And then Peyton would sometimes keep their offense off the field with long drives. Those defensive numbers are highly misleading. It all didn't necessarily mean a lot of points were scored in those games.

AlexMorgan
10-23-2013, 10:03 PM
They are definitely under-rated. Just look at this thread for proof.

People hate on Alex Smith but these past few years all he has done is won, sure he has had some great defenses but if Matt Cassel was still with the Chiefs right now they wouldn't be undefeated, they would even have a good shot of being sub 500. Smith isn't going to be a quarterback that can carry his team to the playoffs, but if he is surrounded with a solid team like he has been the past two years he will always have you in the position to win. He is also a pretty mobile quarterback, he doesn't use his legs as much as the known running quarterbacks but if its open he will take it. I remember the NFC playoff game two years ago vs the Saints, Smith made some huge plays when it mattered most to win the game.

Their offense isn't horrible - Charles is a stud and Bowe is alright but hasn't been to the potential they expected out of him. Its a shame Moeaki got hurt as he looked like he had a promising career but couldn't stay healthy. Since they are such a conservative offense and haven't really had to play from behind yet may be why their offense hasn't looked as good as it can be. Their Defense is without a doubt the reason they are 7-0 but I do think their offense is better than what we've seen, I'd like to see them be down two possessions and see how they play.

Their defense should keep them in most games, their offense just needs to capitalize off the field position and turnovers they are given. Can't really knock on them until they lose a game though.

liuzhoudragon
10-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Chiefs are a legit good team, but they have a legit easy schedule. just like the 13-3 falcons of last year, the pasts last year, the broncos recent 2 years.

hard to say who makes it past the first round the 7-9 seahawks (1st losing record team in playoffs) beat the defending superbowl champs who were at full strength.

Crazy **** happens. The broncos and chiefs point differential amongst common opoenents is razor thin.

worse qbs then alex smith have won superbowls............in fact one did last year....then there is the trent dilfer example. Flaco has as many rings and SB MVP as Peyton. does mean they are comparable.

Only people overrating the chiefs are the highly uneducate that think because they are 7-0 they are leeps and bounds ahead of the 6-1 hawks/broncos/saints.
legit, yes......historic level of undeafted dominance, no

GooBaaa
10-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Is that dude trying to make **** up about schweey?

I thought everybody knew he was that weird smelly dude who sits at the end of a bar and listens to all the drunk people talking sports then repeats what they say

AlexMorgan
10-23-2013, 10:50 PM
^ Exactly, the point differential on common opponents was like 7 points. Before the Broncos lost to the Colts there were tons of people saying "Broncos #1 team in the league" "Superbowl bound for sure their offense is unstoppable."

People love offense more than they do defense which is understandable and its why people overrate the Broncos and underrate the Chiefs. This year I don't think there is one real team that is way ahead of the pack in terms of dominance. You have about 6 teams around the same level in my opinion.

ShweezyBTFO
10-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Is that dude trying to make **** up about schweey?

I thought everybody knew he was that weird smelly dude who sits at the end of a bar and listens to all the drunk people talking sports then repeats what they say

Lol. I'm that dude who takes their bets, that's all. And that smell ain't me it's the poverty Beantown bar. You have no idea how many people were having me book ALL IN PATS -4.5!!!! last week with their life savings.

ElMariachi
10-24-2013, 10:54 AM
That defense is tremendously talented, however they really haven't been challenged much this season. Denver will be a huge test for them. Talent wise they are good enough to roll over everyone and win a Superbowl just on the basis of that talent, they've got a very good secondary, high quality pass rush, solid against defending the run, very complete defense and enough playmakers on offense to get it done, they seem pretty legit.

kethnaab
10-24-2013, 11:27 AM
I watched each of those teams throughout those years and their defense was still very bad despite not giving up a ton of points. What those stats don't tell you is the time of possession that they had in those games. The gameplan was typically to keep Peyton off the field and rush for first downs. I remember opposing teams keeping him off the field for 8-10 minutes on drives. And then Peyton would sometimes keep their offense off the field with long drives. Those defensive numbers are highly misleading. It all didn't necessarily mean a lot of points were scored in those games.

their time of possession wasn't statistically significantly worse than other pass-heavy teams.

Indy's defense those seasons won't confuse anyone with the Steel Curtain or 85 Bears or whatever, but they were hardly poor. The defense was, by far, NOT the issue in those years' postseasons. It's one of 2 similar, yet completely incorrect themes used as excuses for Manning's postseason downturns (the other being lack of a running game)

Ecnewyx
10-24-2013, 11:32 AM
their time of possession wasn't statistically significantly worse than other pass-heavy teams.

Indy's defense those seasons won't confuse anyone with the Steel Curtain or 85 Bears or whatever, but they were hardly poor. The defense was, by far, NOT the issue in those years' postseasons. It's one of 2 similar, yet completely incorrect themes used as excuses for Manning's postseason downturns (the other being lack of a running game)

I mostly hear that in the context of the Patriots having the better defense, when discussing Brady vs. Peyton.

Which is generally true. If you can't hold teams down, it doesn't matter if you have Peyton or Brady.

JediRN
02-27-2015, 01:18 AM

Chase Daniels is going to take the Chiefs all the way to the promise land. You heard it here.

In b4 yeah.. And to the biggest heart break since Super Bowl 1. I can still dream though.

iamgenus
02-27-2015, 05:33 AM
Strong bump. Only thing I got from this thread is where the hell is Kethnaab? Hope he's alright.

Neil4123
02-27-2015, 06:10 AM
Chiefffffsss why did we give Alex Smith that contract again?

JediRN
02-27-2015, 06:14 AM
Strong bump. Only thing I got from this thread is where the hell is Kethnaab? Hope he's alright.
Someone repped me on this and I followed it back. Didn't notice that it wa 2 years old.

Chiefffffsss why did we give Alex Smith that contract again?
He's too good to take a chance and cut, yet not good enough to carry the team.

Hopefully he will step up or we'll move on and give Chase a chance. and it's a chance. He's only played two games for us. Did well, but only two games.