PDA

View Full Version : clean bulking..confused..please help experts

ajinkya89
10-22-2013, 03:06 AM
hi guys, i wanted to know something about bulking..im 24, 65 kgs, and 15.4% BF..
i am currently working out 5 times a week..but i dont see my body getting big.. i was 92 kgs when i started 10 months back..i want to bulk now as i am becoming skinny with a little belly fat..
my body is in a good shape.. but it isint just growing..i want to bulk but with a clean bulking diet..
my diet is :

Breakfast
1 cup yogurt
3 egg whites omelette + 1 whole egg
250 ml milk

Pre Work out
Oats or Banana or organic PB with Whole wheat bread

Post Workout
Whey protein
1 cup orgainc brown rice (before cooking) and any dal or gravy you can say
green veggies
chicken breast alternate week

Evening
1 cup Oats and whey protein with milk

Dinner
5 egg whites omelette with 2 slices of whole wheat bread and 250 ml milk

i keep on eating almonds throughout the day..

what should i add in this for a clean bulking diet without gaining belly fat...

can i eat 1.5 cups of brown rice?

i checked my IIFYM.. my TDEE is 2467 calories/day BMR is 1687 calories/day
Carbs 246.7
Protein 121.2
Fat 58.4
Fiber 29-37

Gxp23
10-22-2013, 03:13 AM
You should read the stickies and calculate your TDEE/maintenance using the formula in there, check the threads on top of the nutrition section (stickies)

WonderPug
10-22-2013, 03:14 AM
What's your estimated TDEE?

I presume you're consuming those foods because you prefer them to other alternatives and that you prefer that eating pattern and frequency.

ajinkya89
10-22-2013, 03:17 AM
What's your estimated TDEE?

I presume you're consuming those foods because you prefer them to other alternatives and that you prefer that eating pattern and frequency.

i calculated my TDEE its 2647 calories/day.. and i eat these foods because i dont know what to add for a clean bulk.. i mean i know these are like the healtiest options..

Gxp23
10-22-2013, 03:21 AM
i calculated my TDEE its 2647 calories/day.. and i eat these foods because i dont know what to add for a clean bulk.. i mean i know these are like the healtiest options..

Healthy foods wont make you lose fat or keep it off, calorie consumption is the key to this.

blackout3
10-22-2013, 03:22 AM
I'd walk into traffic if I ate that day after day. Food should be exciting and something you look forward to creating, that just looks straight up depressing. But if you like it, more power to ya!

ajinkya89
10-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Healthy foods wont make you lose fat or keep it off, calorie consumption is the key to this.

thats what, i want to know what i can add to this diet or what i can eat on a bulk, i dont like junk food, my cheat meals is once in two weeks.. can i eat 1.5 - 2 cups opf brown rice after workouts??

ajinkya89
10-22-2013, 03:25 AM
I'd walk into traffic if I ate that day after day. Food should be exciting and something you look forward to creating, that just looks straight up depressing. But if you like it, more power to ya!

i keep on adding something or the other man.. its not the same gravy everyday..

Gxp23
10-22-2013, 03:40 AM
thats what, i want to know what i can add to this diet or what i can eat on a bulk, i dont like junk food, my cheat meals is once in two weeks.. can i eat 1.5 - 2 cups opf brown rice after workouts??

why couldnt you.

calories in vs calories out.

metalmancpa
10-22-2013, 04:05 AM
OP - are the foods on your list foods you enjoy or want to eat, or are they derived from reading about diets and "healthy foods" as defined by those diets? Are you eliminating certain foods because you've read or been told they aren't good for you?

Calories are the key while meeting your macros, so using judgment you can have so-called "unhealthy" foods like fried foods, fast foods, pizza, etc. as long as you meet your daily macro requirements while not going over your calculated calorie intake. Just because other people may think your food choices are "boring", until YOU define that don't listen to others. I personally like "bro foods" and although to others my menu may seem boring and unexciting and repetitive, it's foods I truly enjoy and can eat day after day (fish, lean steak, pork, chicken, brown rice/quinoa, sweet potatoes, veggies, salad, etc).

The answer to your question about what you can add is pretty much anything, given moderation. You my like those fried blooming onion for instance, but based on various nutritional data one whole onion may exceeded 1,500 calories and 100g of fat. Eating a whole one would pretty much make it difficult to eat much else over the course of the day. But have a portion of it if you like it added to everything else, it's fine.

I just find, in my short time here, that in mentioning eating healthy foods it is assumed more times than not you are restricting your diet. Answer that question first, then you can decided what to add. I am honestly not restricting my diet by eating those foods and am meeting my daily requirements.

ajinkya89
10-22-2013, 07:03 AM
OP - are the foods on your list foods you enjoy or want to eat, or are they derived from reading about diets and "healthy foods" as defined by those diets? Are you eliminating certain foods because you've read or been told they aren't good for you?

Calories are the key while meeting your macros, so using judgment you can have so-called "unhealthy" foods like fried foods, fast foods, pizza, etc. as long as you meet your daily macro requirements while not going over your calculated calorie intake. Just because other people may think your food choices are "boring", until YOU define that don't listen to others. I personally like "bro foods" and although to others my menu may seem boring and unexciting and repetitive, it's foods I truly enjoy and can eat day after day (fish, lean steak, pork, chicken, brown rice/quinoa, sweet potatoes, veggies, salad, etc).

The answer to your question about what you can add is pretty much anything, given moderation. You my like those fried blooming onion for instance, but based on various nutritional data one whole onion may exceeded 1,500 calories and 100g of fat. Eating a whole one would pretty much make it difficult to eat much else over the course of the day. But have a portion of it if you like it added to everything else, it's fine.

I just find, in my short time here, that in mentioning eating healthy foods it is assumed more times than not you are restricting your diet. Answer that question first, then you can decided what to add. I am honestly not restricting my diet by eating those foods and am meeting my daily requirements.

ive read eating junk food is not a good choice, and the food that i eat, i enjoy eating that, and i do eat chicken breast, sweet potatoes but alternate weeks.. i just dont know what to eat for a clean bulk or what i can add to this diet.. can i eat brown rice at night for dinner? i personally dont want to eat any junk food, .. i can eat a pizza once a month though.. but what can i add to this diet?? or should i just increase my intake??

ChaoticReignPbt
10-22-2013, 07:22 AM
Clean bulking isn't about food choice...it's about keeping a a conservative calorie surplus and consistently following and adjusting it as needed. You CAN eat junk food, pizza, whatever brown rice you want.

You just have to track your total calories and maintain your macro-nutrient targets. My carb sources vary wildy depending on what I currently have a taste for. Sometimes it's white rice, brown rice, ezekiel bread, wheat bread, pasta (wheat, white, or rice it depends on my mood), white potato, sweet potato, oatmeal, etc, and occasionally it will be random baked goods or treats. You have to create a meal plan that you enjoy so that you can be consistent without the suffering that comes from "bro dieting."

Now don't get me wrong, I won't tell you to eat junk every single day, but if you're hitting your macro nutrient goals and getting enough fiber and nutrient rich foods then it is perfectly ok to fit "junk" in there. The "cheating" mentality is what gets people to develop unhealthy eating habits that border eating disorders.

metalmancpa
10-22-2013, 12:41 PM
ive read eating junk food is not a good choice, and the food that i eat, i enjoy eating that, and i do eat chicken breast, sweet potatoes but alternate weeks.. i just dont know what to eat for a clean bulk or what i can add to this diet.. can i eat brown rice at night for dinner? i personally dont want to eat any junk food, .. i can eat a pizza once a month though.. but what can i add to this diet?? or should i just increase my intake??

My list of foods include whole grain breads/bagels, greek yogurt, granola, chicken, turkey, center cut pork, loin steaks, fish (salmon, flounder, cod, haddock), sweet potatoes, grains (brown rice, quinoa, black rice, and more), fruits, salads, steamed veggies.

Clean bulking isn't about food choice...it's about keeping a a conservative calorie surplus and consistently following and adjusting it as needed. You CAN eat junk food, pizza, whatever brown rice you want.

You just have to track your total calories and maintain your macro-nutrient targets. My carb sources vary wildy depending on what I currently have a taste for. Sometimes it's white rice, brown rice, ezekiel bread, wheat bread, pasta (wheat, white, or rice it depends on my mood), white potato, sweet potato, oatmeal, etc, and occasionally it will be random baked goods or treats. You have to create a meal plan that you enjoy so that you can be consistent without the suffering that comes from "bro dieting."

Now don't get me wrong, I won't tell you to eat junk every single day, but if you're hitting your macro nutrient goals and getting enough fiber and nutrient rich foods then it is perfectly ok to fit "junk" in there. The "cheating" mentality is what gets people to develop unhealthy eating habits that border eating disorders.

Truth here. Like yourself, I "choose" to eat those foods deemed healthier choices as per the diet world. The whole idea of "junk food" is, in the world of body building, to fit it in to your daily intake of calories and macros. If you eat those healthy choices, having a small/reasonable portion of a food you consider junk won't hurt. For me, that list includes pizza, hot dogs & hamburgers, fried foods, etc. Doesn't matter the reason I put them on that list, but as long as your food choices aren't costing you mental anguish, you'll be OK. The general idea of IIFYM is not to drain yourself mentally worrying about giving up foods you love - that's a diet world thing, and I'm coming to learn that mentality doesn't fit when your focus is body composition.

TheGainsBrah
10-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Calories are king, not the "clean" and "dirty" foods you eat.

metalmancpa
10-22-2013, 01:36 PM

Calories, and choices that work for you

InItForFitness
10-22-2013, 01:38 PM

I enjoy micronutrient content and long term health effects just as much.
BRB shredded but feel like **** all the time...No Thanks Jeff.