PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have Venison Jerky Recipes they wouldn't mind sharing?

ShawnM1993
10-14-2013, 05:18 PM
I love jerky as a protein source but it is way to expensive to buy from stores. Quality beef isn't overly cheap either, but Venison, I just put 40 pounds of top shelf meat in the freezer for 15 bucks and a few afternoons of time. So why not make some jerky out of it?

Which brings up the logical question, does anybody here make there own, if so could you share your recipe for making tasty venison jerky? Please include your method of cooking too, whether it be smoking, on a rack in the oven, or dehydrating.

seamus33
10-14-2013, 05:43 PM
I love jerky as a protein source but it is way to expensive to buy from stores. Quality beef isn't overly cheap either, but Venison, I just put 40 pounds of top shelf meat in the freezer for 15 bucks and a few afternoons of time. So why not make some jerky out of it?

Which brings up the logical question, does anybody here make there own, if so could you share your recipe for making tasty venison jerky? Please include your method of cooking too, whether it be smoking, on a rack in the oven, or dehydrating.

go to the *** Official Jerky Appreciation Thread***

bigdogfarmhand
10-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Buy the pre made seasoning from the out door stores, I make a 100 pounds of jerky a year

I like pepper on venison and a little soy sauce and garlic powder

But after ten years of trying I realize the jerky seasonings they sell at place like bass pro are WAY better