PDA

View Full Version : Noobie to healthy eating need advise

jfruauff
10-14-2013, 09:25 AM
OK quick brief description of where I am today. I started watching cals, 3 days HIIT cardio,3 days weight training on AUG 1st. I wasnt new to lifestyle just took a long break to long. I started at 5' 8 " 233 pounds took measurements at neck, arms, waist, chest. As of today I am at 212 and only body measurement that has changed is my belly I lost 3.5 inchs. I been using myfitness pal for keeping track of my foods. It recommends me for 2 pds a week loss to eat 1570 calories at my current weight. I have been right at 60P/20F/20C last few weeks for carbs before that. I do weigh all my foods so I am pretty accurate and no cheating. I currently only take a multi and fish oil. I have a few diet pills but only took them a few times due to making me feel amped and I am on antidepressants so not sure If one pill to calm me down and one to amp me up is a good idea,lol.

My question is most calculators on here say I should be eating way more food. With the goals by myfitnesspal I have been spot on with the 2 pds per week loss. My goal is to get down to about 10 % BF then bulk up from there. I just got a caliper but havent has a chance to use it but I say I in mid 20s currently.

By no means am I ever hungery or feel weak at the cals I am at just all calculators seem to have me above 2000 cals. I mean is it possible It would benefit me to eat a little more???

Thanks everyone

MetilHed
10-14-2013, 11:42 AM
OK quick brief description of where I am today. I started watching cals, 3 days HIIT cardio,3 days weight training on AUG 1st. I wasnt new to lifestyle just took a long break to long. I started at 5' 8 " 233 pounds took measurements at neck, arms, waist, chest. As of today I am at 212 and only body measurement that has changed is my belly I lost 3.5 inchs. I been using myfitness pal for keeping track of my foods. It recommends me for 2 pds a week loss to eat 1570 calories at my current weight. I have been right at 60P/20F/20C last few weeks for carbs before that. I do weigh all my foods so I am pretty accurate and no cheating. I currently only take a multi and fish oil. I have a few diet pills but only took them a few times due to making me feel amped and I am on antidepressants so not sure If one pill to calm me down and one to amp me up is a good idea,lol.

My question is most calculators on here say I should be eating way more food. With the goals by myfitnesspal I have been spot on with the 2 pds per week loss. My goal is to get down to about 10 % BF then bulk up from there. I just got a caliper but havent has a chance to use it but I say I in mid 20s currently.

By no means am I ever hungery or feel weak at the cals I am at just all calculators seem to have me above 2000 cals. I mean is it possible It would benefit me to eat a little more???

Thanks everyone

First off, you should calculate your BMR and TDEE. It looks to me like you are eating below your BMR, which you shouldn't do.

Second, your fats look very low, around ~35g a day. Way too low. Your minimum fat intake should be .4g/lb

Third, your protein is higher than it needs to be. .8g/lb is plenty. If you want to eat more that's fine, but it shouldn't be at the expense of fat intake. Fat and Protein are both essential macros.

What you really should do is read the sticky posts at the top of this forum, calculate BMR, TDEE, cutting calories (TDEE -10 to 20%) and calculate your macros from the numbers I gave above. After hitting your minimums in Protein and Fat, the rest of your calories within your budget can be used as you wish (ie all carbs, or any spread of C/F/P you like). Also be sure to get your micronutrients and fiber in.

cumminslifter
10-14-2013, 12:12 PM
looks like you got it covered^