PDA

View Full Version : Night time meal.

alexramos1987
10-12-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm having most of my meals with good carbs, fats and protein, i consider myself a newbie and since i can't afford to pay a personal trainner or a nutritionist, i rely on most of the post i can find in this website.
my question is if i'm trying to bulk up on muscles is it ok to eat a lot of carbs for my nighttime meal just as much as my previous meals? or should i focus more on protein in take for my night time meal? and usually my last meal right before bed is a scoop of protein and 10g of glutamine.
I know that probably i'm eating way too much than how i used to eat before and maybe more or less than what my body needs but since i started eating this much i noticed i'm gettin stronger and growing, i eat almost the same amount of food through out the day, except for breakfast where i eat even more. well i hope you understand what my concern is and thank you in advanced.

Ppem
10-12-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm having most of my meals with good carbs, fats and protein, i consider myself a newbie and since i can't afford to pay a personal trainner or a nutritionist, i rely on most of the post i can find in this website.
my question is if i'm trying to bulk up on muscles is it ok to eat a lot of carbs for my nighttime meal just as much as my previous meals? or should i focus more on protein in take for my night time meal? and usually my last meal right before bed is a scoop of protein and 10g of glutamine.
I know that probably i'm eating way too much than how i used to eat before and maybe more or less than what my body needs but since i started eating this much i noticed i'm gettin stronger and growing, i eat almost the same amount of food through out the day, except for breakfast where i eat even more. well i hope you understand what my concern is and thank you in advanced.

Meal timing (protien/carb/fat) dosent matter, just get enough at the end of the day

GOod luck

InItForFitness
10-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Meal timing (protien/carb/fat) dosent matter, just get enough at the end of the day

GOod luck

Yes it does.

EddiePer
10-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Yes it does.

To a certain extent.

OP you are overthinking things, eating those carbs before bed or cutting them out and eating them earlier in the day won't make a difference. It's personal preference.

rothyman
10-12-2013, 11:22 PM
To a certain extent.

OP you are overthinking things, eating those carbs before bed or cutting them out and eating them earlier in the day won't make a difference. It's personal preference.

Agreed. What you eat before bed is more of a preference than something that will actually affect your results.

I tend to have a fatty meal before I go to sleep with some MCT oil. For some reason it helps me fall asleep easier, so this is what I opt to go with.

pierrson
10-13-2013, 12:54 AM

GOod luck

THIS.
however, for optimal performance & recovery in the gym (if ur working hard, which u should) get in 0.3-0.5g/kg or BW of protein and carbs 1-2 hours before and 1-2 hours after. fats at whatever amount u want, sometimes too high u might get a little GI stress, which i experienced when i had 20G fats or higher.

other times meals of the day, fill in ur macros. rmb about your fibre, V&M's; VERY NEGLECTED

hope this helps!

dgillead
10-13-2013, 02:00 AM
Yes it does.

Not in relation to OP's question.

InItForFitness
10-13-2013, 05:34 AM
Not in relation to OP's question.

I'm aware.
OP should still be informed that even though the relevance doesn't take effect in his original question, there is still relevance for meal timing/frequency.

shahin234
10-13-2013, 04:35 PM

GOod luck

what constitutes the end of the day? when i go to sleep or when i guess the 24 hour mark has come from when i slept last?

FrankDavidson
10-13-2013, 05:32 PM
what constitutes the end of the day? when i go to sleep or when i guess the 24 hour mark has come from when i slept last?
Doesn't matter. For eating, well you can't really eat after you are asleep, so for meal planning from when you get up from your main sleep to when you go to your main sleep. Keep it simple, don't complicate things. Most successful people are satisficers, not optimisers and don't stress over minutiae which have diminishing returns .

Most people who track nutrients run with the calendar day 00:00-24:00hours, the online macro trackers do so also.
If tracking by calendar day you can be consistent or flexible if you wish, the tracker is just for your accounting. If you are up after midnight for instance and have a snack you could please yourself if you put it under the previous calendar day or carry it forward and put it into breakfast.

I'm about to have some strong cheese on oatcakes or toast before bed (more to have sublime dreams than for my muscles). It's after 1 am here I was short on yesterdays macros because I wasn;t up until late so it goes in yesterdays macro budget and when i get up it is a clean slate. I could have put in in my later breakfast log and deducted it from Monday's macro budget if I was over on my macros Sunday.

xxsupergman25xx
10-13-2013, 07:06 PM
personally, i like to have a light protein shake like 1.5-2 hours before bed. if i eat too much before bed, i cant sleep, if i drink too much, i get up in middle of night. find what works for you, like some said, dont over think!

tara19
10-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Oatmeal before bed everrrryyyy night.
Carbs make me sleepy. :)

InItForFitness
10-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Oatmeal before bed everrrryyyy night.
Carbs make me sleepy. :)

Strong this^
150+g Carbohydrates In Last Meal Crew Checking In* :)

alexramos1987
10-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Great Info, thanks for sharing your knowledge!