PDA

View Full Version : Tablespoon Measure how to fit in your macros?

Ppem
10-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey guys calculating my macros and my calories i got troblue with "Tablespoon" you know i dont know wich measure is this in websites sometimes say 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (0.6oz) and 1 tablespoon (0.5oz) so how can I know what a tablespoon is? Or what can i do to calculate the correct portion. it maybe be a dumb question but I cant exceed my cals alot if I dont know how to calculate this

THANKS

loganhart
10-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Depends. Dry ounce or Fluid Ounce?

For a dry ounce: it would depend on the substance being measured. As a
tablespoon is a measurement of volume and a dry ounce is a measurement of weight.

For a fluid ounce: 1 tablespoon = 0.5 of a fluid ounce.

Peanut butter would be measured using dry ounces. So you will need to do some math using the label.

Domicron
10-08-2013, 09:05 PM
measure by weight

Ppem
10-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Depends. Dry ounce or Fluid Ounce?

For a dry ounce: it would depend on the substance being measured. As a
tablespoon is a measurement of volume and a dry ounce is a measurement of weight.

For a fluid ounce: 1 tablespoon = 0.5 of a fluid ounce.

Peanut butter would be measured using dry ounces. So you will need to do some math using the label.

sOO WHAT to do? I got a scale but it weight things on grams/oz. but i dont know wich type of oz. it weights.!!

loganhart
10-09-2013, 07:29 AM
sOO WHAT to do? I got a scale but it weight things on grams/oz. but i dont know wich type of oz. it weights.!!

It would be dry. But I would just go with grams.

Edit: sorry, I think I may be confusing you. If you are using a food scale it doesn't matter. If you are using measuring cups then it may.

I usually use a food scale and measure in grams as my own preference.

Remember grams/ oz measure weight. Tbsp or tsp measures volume.
As mentioned above you should measure the weight.

Ppem
10-09-2013, 08:14 AM
It would be dry. But I would just go with grams.

Edit: sorry, I think I may be confusing you. If you are using a food scale it doesn't matter. If you are using measuring cups then it may.

I usually use a food scale and measure in grams as my own preference.

Remember grams/ oz measure weight. Tbsp or tsp measures volume.
As mentioned above you should measure the weight.

👍all good bro your'e repped thanks so 1tsp=0.5oz in the scale even if it's oat or olive oil right ?

Tuksonrider
10-09-2013, 09:21 AM
If you are using a scale, don't look at things measured in tsp, or tbls, or cups, etc. You're trying to convert volume to weight. Use the actual weight with a scale. That's what the scale is for.

1tsp, tbls, etc is a measure of volume. 1 tablespoon does not necesarily mean .5oz in weight. It means .5 ounces in volume.