PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds in my cut!

Milzey1992
10-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Hey guys. Im still in the process of my 1800 calorie cut. This is working out well. I work pretty s*** hours so by the time I finish work and hit the gym its almost 11pm.

The last two nights I have had McDonalds for dinner. I am very limited to what I can have, but it technically fits.

I had 10 McNuggets and sauce on Monday night (450 calories).

and a Quarter Pounder last night (540 calories).

Both days I have hit my protein goal of 160g per day, and kept below 1800 calories (barely).

Is this okay what Im doing? I am finding my self a little hungery during the day, but I feel great that I can enjoy nice food and still cut. Am I better off enjoying food in the long run, or eating cleaner and staying fuller longer?

mavajo
10-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Yes, it's OK. That's the whole point of IIFYM.

Milzey1992
10-08-2013, 08:37 PM
I thought so... It still just feels to good to be true haha! Cheers.

chevy72blu
10-08-2013, 08:50 PM
there is something to be said for overall health, but IIFYM away when it comes to gainz

tara19
10-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Are you getting adequate fibre? Micronutrients?
IIFYM isn't just about protein/carbs/fats. Have to consider those things ^^ as well.

Milzey1992
10-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Are you getting adequate fibre? Micronutrients?
IIFYM isn't just about protein/carbs/fats. Have to consider those things ^^ as well.

On the days I have something like McDonalds I would be very suprised if I am meeting adequate fibre and micronutrient levels. I think this is why its important to not do this everyday. I am consuming a very large varity of foods such as dairy, pultry, meat and fish everyday. I think if anyone lived soley on the crap they serve at Maccas they would be in hospital haha.

tara19
10-08-2013, 10:14 PM
On the days I have something like McDonalds I would be very suprised if I am meeting adequate fibre and micronutrient levels. I think this is why its important to not do this everyday. I am consuming a very large varity of foods such as dairy, pultry, meat and fish everyday. I think if anyone lived soley on the crap they serve at Maccas they would be in hospital haha.

Yeah, definitely a few one offs shouldn't be too bad.
Wouldn't make it a habit though. :)
Variety of foods includes vegetables? fruit?

noobydooby
10-08-2013, 10:15 PM
you don't have any fries and coke with that?

Hey guys. Im still in the process of my 1800 calorie cut. This is working out well. I work pretty s*** hours so by the time I finish work and hit the gym its almost 11pm.

The last two nights I have had McDonalds for dinner. I am very limited to what I can have, but it technically fits.

I had 10 McNuggets and sauce on Monday night (450 calories).

and a Quarter Pounder last night (540 calories).

Both days I have hit my protein goal of 160g per day, and kept below 1800 calories (barely).

Is this okay what Im doing? I am finding my self a little hungery during the day, but I feel great that I can enjoy nice food and still cut. Am I better off enjoying food in the long run, or eating cleaner and staying fuller longer?

Milzey1992
10-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah, definitely a few one offs shouldn't be too bad.
Wouldn't make it a habit though. :)
Variety of foods includes vegetables? fruit?

Very minimal. I try to have an apple or something every day, but its really hard to find 160g with my calorie goal being so low :( You are definatly right though. Thanks for the help. Repped :)

you don't have any fries and coke with that?

Haha nah man no chance! The burger is bad enough. They all vary between 500-700 calories! If I had a coke and chips I would exceed my limits right there on the spot ;)

EuropeanHammer
10-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Not bad, this is IIFYM to the max.

get the chicken sandwich next time.

Milzey1992
10-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Not bad, this is IIFYM to the max.

get the chicken sandwich next time.

Haha is that the McChicken? I dont think there are any sandwitches in Aussie McDonalds'

ZeroRemorse
10-09-2013, 12:28 AM
I had 2 McChicken the other night on my cut. That day I had green beans and chicken, with some oats and whey. Went over my protein and fitted all my other macro's perfectly.

matman1813
10-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Haha is that the McChicken? I dont think there are any sandwitches in Aussie McDonalds'

Sandwich pretty much means the same as burger in 'murica.

Milzey1992
10-09-2013, 12:36 AM
I had 2 McChicken the other night on my cut. That day I had green beans and chicken, with some oats and whey. Went over my protein and fitted all my other macro's perfectly.

How good does it feel!? Im suprised you could fit 2 burgers!

Sandwich pretty much means the same as burger in 'murica.

Ahhhhh that makes sense haha ;)

ZeroRemorse
10-09-2013, 12:38 AM
How good does it feel!? Im suprised you could fit 2 burgers!

2 McChickens comes to 700 calories and 120 carbs.

Oats and Whey was 400.

Chicken and Green beans was 350.

If anything I was under calories!

ImADoer
10-09-2013, 12:52 AM
it feels good to eat these kind of foods but not surpas tour limit lol. however in my way i would like to stay away from fast food as much as possible it just i feel guilty about it even if it fits my macros. i dunno probably i just like eat breast chickens :D

Milzey1992
10-09-2013, 01:09 AM
2 McChickens comes to 700 calories and 120 carbs.

Oats and Whey was 400.

Chicken and Green beans was 350.

If anything I was under calories!

I think our Countries make different McChickens. In Australia they are 410 calories each and contain 40g of Carbs!

Either way man if it fits thats Awesome! Keep it up.

it feels good to eat these kind of foods but not surpas tour limit lol. however in my way i would like to stay away from fast food as much as possible it just i feel guilty about it even if it fits my macros. i dunno probably i just like eat breast chickens

Yeah I know what you mean. Its a strange feeling. On paper you haven't done anything wrong, but eating all that greasy stuff makes you feel like a failure haha. I think its a good opportunity for people who struggle on the weekends (like myself) to enjoy something other than tuna and eggs lol.

ZeroRemorse
10-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Haha it was a one off because I was on the go. But yeah, McD's isn't the devils food like it's made out to be, everything in moderation is fine, cutting or bulking, you can even fit chocolate into your diet occasionally, getting lean and healthy doesn't mean cutting the guilty pleasures out of life completely, just need to learn moderation, a lot of people struggle with that on here though, so go cold turkey! What ever works :) Good luck with your cut bro.

ImADoer
10-09-2013, 01:27 AM
I think our Countries make different McChickens. In Australia they are 410 calories each and contain 40g of Carbs!

Either way man if it fits thats Awesome! Keep it up.

Yeah I know what you mean. Its a strange feeling. On paper you haven't done anything wrong, but eating all that greasy stuff makes you feel like a failure haha. I think its a good opportunity for people who struggle on the weekends (like myself) to enjoy something other than tuna and eggs lol.

100% agreed lol.

Milzey1992
10-09-2013, 01:28 AM
Haha it was a one off because I was on the go. But yeah, McD's isn't the devils food like it's made out to be, everything in moderation is fine, cutting or bulking, you can even fit chocolate into your diet occasionally, getting lean and healthy doesn't mean cutting the guilty pleasures out of life completely, just need to learn moderation, a lot of people struggle with that on here though, so go cold turkey! What ever works :) Good luck with your cut bro.

Exactly man! Cheers for the support! You too :)

angicha
10-09-2013, 01:35 AM
If the conservants can make a burger last more than 14 years I guess they can make us immortal :D
I used to eat a lot of fast food until the last year. I'd avoid it but if you don't have another option it's better than nothing, plus it's so tasty. Just thinking it makes me wanna puke dem turkey breasts.. oh well..

doza808
10-09-2013, 01:38 AM
http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iifym-.png

transformerchad
10-09-2013, 01:53 AM
Very minimal. I try to have an apple or something every day, but its really hard to find 160g with my calorie goal being so low :( You are definatly right though. Thanks for the help. Repped :)

Haha nah man no chance! The burger is bad enough. They all vary between 500-700 calories! If I had a coke and chips I would exceed my limits right there on the spot ;)

I know that feel

I opt for the double quarter pounder . Highest protein to carb ratio

Always with a coke Zero
Poverty macros

Sigzor
10-09-2013, 02:09 AM
When i get McChicken i get grilled chicken instead of the deep fried crap. The lesser of two evils haha.

Rooster09
10-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Typical Day on a cut for me ...

Pre-Workout Special K Protein/Fiber Bar and 2 Scoops C4
Post-Workout 2 Scoops O.N. Gold Standard
Apple (before work)
2 McDoubles (lunch break)
16oz Poached Chicken Breast strips (4oz servings x2 and 8oz x1 for dinner)
Cup or 2 of Spinach and some carrots with dinner. Maybe a glass of milk.
Power Bar before bed (20g protein one, optional)

Cal: 2016

Protein/Fat/Carb: 230/60/144

That is pretty much a work day for me, it works.

http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iifym-.png

unleashthelion
10-09-2013, 03:50 AM
Why shouldn't one make it a habit?
No, you wouldn't end up in a hospital.
IIFYM is not about micro's... it stands for "If It Fits Your Macros".

Carbs are carbs, Fats are Fats, and Protein is Protein.

But yes, that slight feeling of guilt/shame seems to be inescapable; we've been conditioned to believe certain foods are bad/unhealthy/wrong and will make us fat, and this happens from a young age - being reinforced throughout our lives. I wonder if that association can ever truly become extinct; for me, I just address it immediately (telling myself I'm being irrational) and I make it a point to confront anyone who would try to reinforce that association - like some of the people on this thread.

Rooster09
10-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Why shouldn't one make it a habit?
No, you wouldn't end up in a hospital.
IIFYM is not about micro's... it stands for "If It Fits Your Macros".

Carbs are carbs, Fats are Fats, and Protein is Protein.

But yes, that slight feeling of guilt/shame seems to be inescapable; we've been conditioned to believe certain foods are bad/unhealthy/wrong and will make us fat, and this happens from a young age - being reinforced throughout our lives. I wonder if that association can ever truly become extinct; for me, I just address it immediately (telling myself I'm being irrational) and I make it a point to confront anyone who would try to reinforce that association - like some of the people on this thread.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I first started in June of this year. I read up, was inhaling protein and counting calories. I was losing weight but felt AWFUL. My lifts started poor, got worse. I was lucky to squat 110x2. Then I realized I had NO fat in my diet, srs 20g at most. I know have 50g min, shoot for 75g and hope to hit 100g. Lifts are always on the up, even on this cut. I'm still losing weight but I feel amazing and lift stronger every day.

tl;dr- Low-Fat = BAD. Testosterone comes from fat, you think it's a coincidence men like burgers and steak?!