PDA

View Full Version : Help criticize my workout/nutrition schedule please!

Nathanfrabott
10-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Hey guys so im new to bodybuilding/nutrition perfection. I want you guys to tell me what I can do to improve my workout and how well you think it sounds so far. I will include my daily diet and my daily workouts. I will provide a little basic info to help you understand my daily activities and limits. First of all I am a college student with no car so that's one of my biggest limits. I do my best with what is available to me. I am in ROTC and participate in "cross fit"/cardio 3 days a week that I don't count towards my workouts. My goal is to gain as much lean muscle as possible. I weight 195 pounds, 14% body fat. try to be as reasonable as possible with the constructive criticism and I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out, now lets cut the bull and get started.

-Every day I consume anywhere from 190-250 grams of protein(which varies from isolate,casein, and concentrate)
-I workout any where form 45 minutes(strenuous) to 1.5 hours
-Here is my diet schedule on average:
Breakfast:
-2 cups of Kashi cereal with granola protein and 16oz of milk
-2 eggs

Snack:
-1 can of raviolis
-granola bar
-1 glass of milk

Lunch:
-2 eggs
-16oz of milk
-1 can of chicken or tuna
-2 slices of whole grain bread

Pre workout meal:

3 eggs

Dinner:(post workout)
-16oz of milk
-1 serving of gold standard protein(25 grams isolate)
-sometimes ill eat an egg or two

Approximately 3300 calories, and 200 grams of protein
I know some people say not to eat that many whole eggs but I have heard overwhelmingly that if it dietary cholesterol its perfectly fine.
I am aware that i should add vegetables and fiber to my diet, its just not readily available to me like eggs and milk. Eggs and milk are my staple to my diet.

Okay now onto my average workout cycle. Every week i switch up the way i workout, say one week I do tradition chest/tri, the next week i will do alternating such as chest/back. one week ill do heavy sets 3-5 reps, the next week ill do normal sets 8-12 reps. for the purpose of these examples assume I am doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps per set. I will also on occasion super set my reps, but yeah for this one just assume im doing traditional.

Back/bi:Monay and wednesday
Curls/renegade rows
Barbell curls/flys
Concentration curls/bent over rows
Lat pull down/seated rows
Shrugs
Push-ups and sit-ups( as many as possible)

Chest/tri:tuesday and thursday
Bench press
Dumbell press/dumbell butterflies
Dumbell push back/tricep extension
Cable press/pulley push down
butterfly machine
Push-up and sit-ups( as many as possible)

Legs:Friday
Squats
Hamstring curls/quad curls
Calf pushes
Leg press
Lunges
Push-ups and situps ( as many as possible)

Mix day: saturday or sunday
Curls
skull crushers
Renegade rows
Butterflies
Barbell curls
Deltoid raises. Side and front
Dips
Concentration curls
Dumbell press
Lat pull down
Push-ups and sit-ups( as many as possible)

take note that I run during my ROTC, 3 days a week. on average about 5 miles a week, and I will also run around another 5 miles on my own during the span of a week.

okay so that my daily activity, what do you guys think? Heres another thing top consider; I spend anywhere form 2-5 hours a day sitting at a computer doing homework. thats a lot of sitting time, haha. thanks for taking the time to read and help me out guys I appreciate it! oh and BTW what do you guys know about deer antler spray??

Conster
10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Sounds fine to me

tara19
10-10-2013, 06:27 PM
How many grams of fat are you consuming?

And wtf is deer spray?!

fade2green514
10-10-2013, 09:23 PM
-Here is my diet schedule on average:
Breakfast:
-2 cups of Kashi cereal with granola protein and 16oz of milk
-2 eggs

Snack:
-1 can of raviolis
-granola bar
-1 glass of milk

Lunch:
-2 eggs
-16oz of milk
-1 can of chicken or tuna
-2 slices of whole grain bread

Pre workout meal:

3 eggs

Dinner:(post workout)
-16oz of milk
-1 serving of gold standard protein(25 grams isolate)
-sometimes ill eat an egg or two

nobody cares

Gxp23
10-10-2013, 09:49 PM
nobody cares

The fuk? Whats up your ass?

respawn
10-10-2013, 10:54 PM
How many grams of fat are you consuming?

And wtf is deer spray?!
http://www.prweb.com/releases/deer-antler-velvet/spray-extract-supplement/prweb10377384.htm

The fuk? Whats up your ass?

I think he is jelouse that someone with a total of 5 posts came up with an actual decent plan.

softpounder
10-10-2013, 10:57 PM
nobody cares

I care.

It shows me at least if he's eating bro or not, having enough dietary fat, fiber and micronutrients with his food choice.

respawn
10-10-2013, 11:04 PM
I care.

It shows me at least if he's eating bro or not, having enough dietary fat, fiber and micronutrients with his food choice.

+1 to this. and i think he has done a pretty good job

bnis
10-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Is that really 3300 calories?? For muscle gain i don't see enough carbs in your diet IMO, should have a decent amount post workout to fuel muscle growth and also a decent serving of carbs pre workout.. Id also probably add more lean meats, you will get some fats from those even though they are lean but this helps with testosterone production.

Mrpb
10-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Nutrition looks fine.

Not a big fan of your workout schedule. If you want to gain as much muscle as possible I would go for something more balanced. Like explained by Alan Aragon here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157107323&pagenumber=

Nathanfrabott
11-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Thank you guys for all the positive feed back. I appreciate it.

Ralikar
11-17-2013, 06:25 PM
You may want to consider some carbs or coffee my favorite pre-workout... it doesn't really matter but may be more energy. Your fats may be low -- you need to track fats and carbs per my sig link 1.