PDA

View Full Version : Review my diet, suggestions?

Recha91
10-07-2013, 02:55 AM
So, Im kind of new and havn't quite calculated my macros just yet however, I've decided my first step should be just getting used to eating healthy so for the past month and a half my diet is this.

Breakfast (6.30am - 7.30am)

Oatmeal with honey / wholemeal milk.

10am - 11am

Can of tuna or Tuna sandwich

Lunch (12pm-130pm)

Chicken, white rice, broccilli, asparigus.

Pre Workout (330pm)

Honey Sandwich, banana, creatine

GYM (4-5pm)

Post Workout (530pm - 6pm)

Protein shake, banana, creatine.

Dinner (7pm - 8pm)

Red meat (Mon - Thur)
Chicken (Fri - Sunday)

with white rice or baked potato's.

Before bed, (9pm-10pm)

Peanut butter sandwich or handful of almonds.

I am trying a CLEAN BULK, lots of carbs I feel, however maybe need to up the protein content. will calculate soon.

Do I need to add an extra fruit or vegetable? So far I only eat brocilli, asparigus and potato... maybe add one more green? or fiboures fruit? I don't know but what do you guys think?

AlwaysTryin
10-07-2013, 02:56 AM
Macros?? TDEE?

softpounder
10-07-2013, 02:57 AM
I am trying a CLEAN BULK, lots of carbs I feel, however maybe need to up the protein content. will calculate soon.

Clean bulking has nothing to do with the names of your food.

The outcome of your diet has nothing to do with the names of your food.

What matters while changing your body composition are mostly macronutrients intake (and micros/fiber).

FYI, clean bulking = 10-20% surplus of TDEE, which we don't even know what is your TDEE.

FYI #2, assuming that your dietary fat and protein intake is more than the recommended intake, that your fibers are abundant enough, and that you are eating enough micronutrients, you are already a healthy individual. Taking a quick glance, the diet that you are consuming right now is actually unhealthy.

Recha91
10-07-2013, 03:01 AM
I havn't calculated my TDEE or Macros just yet, should of done it first. I will be back soon I guess, thanks for the info

softpounder
10-07-2013, 03:02 AM
I havn't calculated my TDEE or Macros just yet, should of done it first. I will be back soon I guess, thanks for the info

Kk, just remember healthy/clean eating doesn't exist.

Most of people that claim they eat clean/healthy are actually worsening their health and are actually unhealthy.

Mrpb
10-07-2013, 03:34 AM
Kk, just remember healthy/clean eating doesn't exist.

I generally agree with the majority of your posts but saying "healthy eating doesn't exist" is making things a bit too extreme.

In my opinion there is still something like healthy eating: Eating mostly unprocessed foods, avoiding industrial trans fats and keeping added sugars in moderation for example.

As explained by Alan Aragon in this article: http://www.simplyshredded.com/research-review-the-dirt-on-clean-eating-written-by-nutrition-expert-alan-aragon.html

nattynick
10-07-2013, 03:37 AM
Introduce some more protein into you're pre workout meal. The protein you're getting from the sandwich is negligible.

If you don't want to count calories just yet then there is no point working out your TDEE, but it's definitely worth doing in the long run!

Peace
Nick