PDA

View Full Version : Pre and during workout Question

firearchdruid
10-06-2013, 06:58 AM
I take Ritual for my pre-workout solution. I started taking it about 2 and a half months ago. I already had to up it to a scoop and a half yesterday because I stopped feeling it. Does anybody here take Ritual? Is this normal? I wonder if theres something better I can take something that hopefully effects me so that I don't have to keep increasing the dose. I was also wondering if I should also take something during my workout. I start to drag a little in the last half an hour or so of the workout. I usually drink water only and I typically drink about 32 oz cup per workout. My workout lasts about 2 hours sometimes a little over. I was thinking about buying some purple wrath. Would this be safe with Ritual? Or any other pre workout formula I decide to take?

I also take whey protein shakes. I typically take 4 protein shakes a day. One when I get up in the morning, one before my workout, and a double one after my workout.

TMac26
10-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Wraath would be fine with Ritual.

The reason you have had to up the dose is because you have become tolerant to the stimulants. Might be best to cycle off for a week or two to lower your tolerance.

Dewey99
10-06-2013, 07:28 AM
As Tmac said, you are building a tolerance to stimulants and would be wise to take a few weeks off. I would also question why you work out for 2 hours. That's too long for regular workouts in my opinion.

mcapote3
10-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Stim tolerance is a bitch, I took a 2 month pre break because of it.

The Solution
10-06-2013, 07:45 AM
As stated take a stim break and also invest in more whole foods 4 shakes a day is quite excessive it should be a supplement to your diet composed of whole foods not the majority of it. Hence why it's a supplement to supplement your whole foods and protein intake

eclipze926
10-06-2013, 07:52 AM
I would definitely check out the nutrition section OP. Seems to me you are a little too reliant on supplements and around 90% of your results stem from diet and then an effective and consistent training regimen. I would also definitely like others said take a stim break. That means no stimulants from any source for around a week or 2 and then go back to using them, giving your body enough time to lower it's tolerance to them. Good Luck! :D

firearchdruid
10-06-2013, 09:20 AM
As Tmac said, you are building a tolerance to stimulants and would be wise to take a few weeks off. I would also question why you work out for 2 hours. That's too long for regular workouts in my opinion.

I work out 2 muscle groups a day and I work out twice a week. Like this week Tuesday is back/shoulders and Wednesday is chest/arms. I work out each muscle group for about an hour. Most of the time I average about two hours when I am working out.

firearchdruid
10-06-2013, 09:24 AM
I appreciate your responses. I do not use protein shakes for the majority of my protein intake. I am trying to eat at least 200-225 grams of protein a day. The protein shakes help me achieve this. My main intake consists of fish, chicken, greek yogurt, and nuts. I try to take as much protein as I can from my food. I take 4 protein shakes a day which is 20 per serving. Thats 80 grams of protein I am getting from the shakes everything else is from my food intake. Thanks for your guys help. I think I will wait tell the end of this month and then take a stem break. I didn't think I would need one so soon.