PDA

View Full Version : 17 year old male with serious muffin top problem!!

Axemeagain
10-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Hey guys, im just gonna admit it right now.
I signed up to the gym a year ago and my reults today are : gains in pec (I still man boobs, i might even have gyno i dont even know :/) , biceps ( they show even my friends are like nice your arms look bigger) and thats pretty much about it. I was following my friend who was basically bodybuilding and he'd tell me to never do cardio because you lose muscle. Best way to lose weight is diet. I know my mistake and Im serious about actually losing weight now.

So here is my problem, Im 17, male, and i have this HUGE @$$ problem with my love handles. Theyre too huge to be on a guy. Dont believe me?
I have prob ~70 stretch marks arround there. I will include pics. Most of them on the sides have faded over the years, but those on my stomach are still there and look bad :(. Ive had these love handles for a while now, since i was a kid and it has been the most embarassing thing about my body ever since.

I need advice and how to lose these. because honestly, its the only thing preventing me from wearing normal sized shirts. Like my shirts would look nice and neat from the top but , expand in width to the bottom. It looks very bad.

i know cardio and diet is the only way, but it there something else I should do? Like some excersices that will help burn a bit of fat there?

Thanks for your help, I will rep if I can. I just joined this site and i am LOVING it.

thanks!

tara19
10-06-2013, 12:22 AM
You need a calorie deficit and a decent weight training program.

Axemeagain
10-06-2013, 12:23 AM
You need a calorie deficit and a decent weight training program.

how do I upload pics
I forgot to add them when i wrote the post
thanks btw
Calorie deficit will do
and weight training im already doing
thanks!

TheHeavyG
10-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Like above mentioned said,

1. Calorie deficit
2. Strength training

And most importantly

3. Consistency (1&2 will do nothing for you unless you are consistent with them)

Axemeagain
10-06-2013, 12:30 AM
when you say strenght training
is that building muscle mass or just strength ? I never really understood that? :/

tara19
10-06-2013, 12:35 AM
I said weight training.

TheHeavyG
10-06-2013, 12:36 AM
when you say strenght training
is that building muscle mass or just strength ? I never really understood that? :/

Pick up some weights and put them back down 8-12 times. You will get bigger from newbie gains for a while, but while you are cutting it will eventually slow down until you eat above maintenance again. Pretty much they both go hand in hand.

I do 3 sets of 8-12 reps of everything and I get bigger..

Axemeagain
10-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Pick up some weights and put them back down 8-12 times. You will get bigger from newbie gains for a while, but while you are cutting it will eventually slow down until you eat above maintenance again. Pretty much they both go hand in hand.

I do 3 sets of 8-12 reps of everything and I get bigger..

alright thanks alot !