PDA

View Full Version : Fats question

Mthcox44
10-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Quick question for y'all. I am getting my fats from natural peanut butter, almonds, avacados, and lean ground turkey. About 75 grams a day from all those sources and spreading them out to around 15 grams a meal. Smart? Or should I choose different sources. Also my goals right now are to cut slowly. I'm going to start getting a few fats from flax seed oil here soon when I pick some up.

InItForFitness
10-05-2013, 04:24 PM
What are your stats?

Mthcox44
10-05-2013, 04:30 PM
What are your stats?

6.1 210 lbs. 18% bf

Mthcox44
10-05-2013, 04:35 PM
What are your stats?

I'm eating 2.400 cals right now. Macros for now are 42p/29/29. Just trying to get an idea from people where they get their fats from mostly and if I'm getting too much from almonds/ peanut butter. In which I get about 30g fat from those two sources.

AlwaysTryin
10-05-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm eating 2.400 cals right now. Macros for now are 42p/29/29. Just trying to get an idea from people where they get their fats from mostly and if I'm getting too much from almonds/ peanut butter. In which I get about 30g fat from those two sources.

Why you using ratios

Mthcox44
10-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Why you using ratios

My goal is to be ready for a bodybuilding contest in the near future. So I'm practicing habits that I will have to live by when that time comes. I'm just trying to cut some excess fat off my mid section. If I know what I'm putting in my body then I'll know how to adjust to make small changes when need be. I'm not fat and out of shape. I'm strong and built well. Now I need to slim up so I can start bulking again without carrying more fat than I need to

AlwaysTryin
10-05-2013, 04:50 PM
My goal is to be ready for a bodybuilding contest in the near future. So I'm practicing habits that I will have to live by when that time comes. I'm just trying to cut some excess fat off my mid section. If I know what I'm putting in my body then I'll know how to adjust to make small changes when need be. I'm not fat and out of shape. I'm strong and built well. Now I need to slim up so I can start bulking again without carrying more fat than I need to

What? Why would you live by ratios ever?

Mthcox44
10-05-2013, 04:59 PM
What? Why would you live by ratios ever?

For the same reason I already said. If I know what I'm putting in my body and I need to make changes, I'll have an idea of where to make them. I know exactly how much I'm eating fats, carbs, proteins, calories. If I don't know what I'm getting and I gain or lose weight how do I know what to adjust?

xJellyBirdx
10-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Some times I feel like Phil Connors in Groundhog Day...

OP, please read here (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183), here (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851), and here (http://www.precisionnutrition.com/research-review-balancing-fats).

psychodiver9
10-05-2013, 05:33 PM

At those stats you are years from the stage

Mthcox44
10-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Well I wish I could say you guys were a good help but instead of criticizing me when you have no clue what I look like maybe try answering my original question. I wanted advise about fat intake not that I'm not ready for competing or that I shouldn't be eating by ratios. I know what works for me just curious on other people fat sources.

AlwaysTryin
10-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Well I wish I could say you guys were a good help but instead of criticizing me when you have no clue what I look like maybe try answering my original question. I wanted advise about fat intake not that I'm not ready for competing or that I shouldn't be eating by ratios. I know what works for me just curious on other people fat sources.

Wtf

You were told fats were too low
You were told not to use ratios as it doesn't account for individual needs
You were told to read the stickies and learn what you should consume

How is that not helpful. Ungrateful ****

gbullock32
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Wtf

How is that not helpful. Ungrateful ****It's not helpful because he was not just told he was doing great, and instead was told how he should adjust what he is doing.

He didn't want criticism, he wanted confirmation.

Mthcox44
10-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Wtf

How is that not helpful. Ungrateful ****

I guess I need to take you through this in baby steps. See if you can get a grasp of what I'm asking. What kind of fat choices do you prefer? Is that easier to comprehend? You must be one tough guy to cuss me on a forum

InItForFitness
10-05-2013, 07:22 PM
I guess I need to take you through this in baby steps. See if you can get a grasp of what I'm asking. What kind of fat choices do you prefer? Is that easier to comprehend? You must be one tough guy to cuss me on a forum

Your source of fats are fine, however it's relevance is very minimal when compared to the flaws in your nutritional plan.

I'd recommend you focus on the bigger picture and do as was suggested.
Up your fats, stop using ratios.