PDA

View Full Version : How many whole eggs can eaten by a bodybuilder everyday ?

prince0fpersia
10-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi

I heared that yellow part of egg has cholesterol and its harmful to eat a lot . But I want to know is it true for bodybuilders ? and how many yolk we can eat everyday ?

ZRJacques
10-05-2013, 12:42 PM
As many as you feel like eating that day. Don't worry about the cholesterol either. Most of it is esterfied in the body anyways.

thepowerof140
10-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Consuming high levels of saturated fat has been found to cause elevated levels cholesterol in the bloodstream. The amount of saturated fat in an egg is pretty low compared to some other protein and fat rich foods (1.6g of saturated fat in a large egg vs. 6g in a 3oz. steak, for example).

From a scientific perspective, the general consensus suggests a moderated intake of saturated fats, but not at the expense of healthy fats such as monounsaturates, omega fatty acids and polyunsaturates. To get those, you will have get "some" saturated fat in your diet.

WMLifting
10-05-2013, 01:01 PM
As many as you wish to consume and as many that can fit into your goal net caloric intake, macronutrients, and micronutrients.

Icanlift
10-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Just don't eat it fried, I eat like 3-5 eggs boiled.

Vegmaster
10-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Do not fear the egg? How many are you planning on eating? Four a day for me.

prince0fpersia
10-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I think about 20s in a day :D (when I will die? )
Isn't anyway to counteract the bad properties of whole egg ?

razor23
10-05-2013, 01:13 PM
How many whole eggs can eaten by a bodybuilder everyday ?

Is this like the "If a tree falls in the woods..." question? It has that feel to it since people will often debate it endlessly without getting anywhere. I say "everything in moderation". As many as a "few" eggs a day should be fine for the vast majority of people. Why would you want more than a few a day on an ongoing basis anyway? I mean eggs are good, but you need variety in your diet anyway to satisfy micro requirements.

Credz
10-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Usually 6-8 a day for me :)

softpounder
10-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I think about 20s in a day :D (when I will die? )
Isn't anyway to counteract the bad properties of whole egg ?

Cholesterol in egg =/= cholesterol in body

thepowerof140
10-05-2013, 01:17 PM
I have a friend who is very much a "traditional" bodybuilder. Every day, he eats 10 egg whites as part of his breakfast, which is a considerably large amount of eggs over the space of a month. He insists that by not eating whole eggs that he's "avoiding the bad parts".

Essentially if he were eating 10 whole eggs a day, he would be consuming a rather heavy amount of saturated fat when you factor in his other meals, which if you go by the fact he's eating insane amount of egg whites, I'm pretty sure you can work out what other kinds of things he is eating!

So, even though I personally avoid eggs (I don't like them, and I've come to the conclusion they are "bad" - but I won't dissuade others, since it's up to them to piece together their own interpretation of scientific literature), I wouldn't worry too much about cholesterol unless you are consuming large amounts (again, look it up and realise that you do need to get a certain amount of fat to get the benefits of healthy fat absorption) of saturated fat.

WMLifting
10-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Just don't eat it fried, I eat like 3-5 eggs boiled. Please elaborate why fried eggs should be avoided???

prince0fpersia
10-05-2013, 01:38 PM
what about egg whites? I saw powdered egg white or liquid egg white . High consumption of eggs white does not hurt ? (about 60 in a day! )

MikeWines
10-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Depends what I feel like that day. Most days 6 but sometimes 12 since they're quick and cheap.

InItForFitness
10-05-2013, 01:42 PM
what about egg whites? I saw powdered egg white or liquid egg white . High consumption of eggs white does not hurt ? (about 60 in a day! )

Eat the yolks. You're throwing away perfectly good protein/fat/micronutrient content by discarding them.
Unless you suffer from a pre-exsisting cardiovascular condition, or have been told by a doctor you have reason to be concerned about your cholesterol levels, than you're fine.

brandonbourgoin
10-05-2013, 01:44 PM
That myth was debunked so many moons ago.. The egg yolk has all the nutrition in it, the egg white has pretty much nothing. Ide eat more if i could but i usually keep it to 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. If you can afford or know anyone who raises chickens buy the organic. Compare an organic egg to a regular egg and take a look at the color of the eggs. They say theres more Omega 3 fatty acids in the organic. Enjoy your eggs and dont worry about the cholesterol it will not hurt you! Actually studies show eggs have the OPPOSITE effects on high cholesterol. Enjoy