PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to drink weight gain protein shakes that have been made 8 hours ago?

TheBaller97
10-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Hi there

I'm trying to bulk and have been making homemade weight gain protein shakes. (banana, milk, peanut butter, oats, protein)
I recently joined a school gym, so I'm planning to make shakes in the morning, and bring them to school.

I will be making shakes at 7:30am, it will be around 4 pm by the time i finish my workouts, and drink the shakes.

My question is, is it okay to consume the shakes that have been made 8 hours ago? I plan to store them in a lunch bag with ice packs.

Thanks guys

cumminslifter
10-04-2013, 06:38 PM
think
is it okay to drink milk 8 hours after you buy it?

AlwaysTryin
10-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Why wouldn't it??

Do you think it's some magical chemical reaction that only works when first mixed? Look at RTD drinks

fade2green514
10-04-2013, 08:34 PM
how long does milk last? that should give you a decent idea of how long you can leave it. wether it sits in the fridge or out of the fridge. depends on the temperature too.

THElabCHIMP
10-04-2013, 11:19 PM
if it's above 45 degrees F,or 8 degrees C, your shake will probably go bad. ie, be un safe to drink. and start to taste funky.

make protein bars using the oats, pb and whey. wash it down with milk (assuming you can buy milk at your school)

Big.Jazayrli
10-04-2013, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't touch it if it wasn't in a fridge or cool room

AnnalisaLynn
10-05-2013, 03:02 AM
I wouldn't touch it if it wasn't in a fridge or cool room

I agree with the above as there is milk in it. Chances are if you drink it you will be fine but there is still a risk of the milk going off.

Are you refridgerating your shake?

My gym allows you to bring your own shake ingredients and the staff will blend it for you after your workout. If you bring your pb, oats, protein etc and just pay for a serving of the gym's milk that shouldn't cost much and then you will have a fresh shake. Not sure if it works the same at your gym but just a suggestion!