PDA

View Full Version : Trying to lose 7-9% body fat

Playmaker4
09-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm 23 years old looking to cut from 15-17% body fat to 8-10%. I'm 6' tall weighing 205 lbs and always had an athletic build. currently not on any certain diet, just eating healthy...but considering the Dave Palumbo diet based on so many good reviews.

Current workout plan is Crossfit 6x/week with some HIIT following the "workout of the day". Supplements I'm taking are BSN N.O. Explode pre workout, BSN Amino X during workout, and BSN Syntha 6 post workout.

Looking for suggestions for diet/workout modifications to increase my results. Was 218 lbs Jan 1 2013 so looking for more rapid results than being down 13 lbs in 9 months.

Looking for serious opinions, I've read many, many forums on the website so please don't be discouraging or call me a noob and tell me to go look in the stickies.

Current benchmarks:

Bench press: 195
Squat: 205
Deadlift: 255
Hang clean: 185
Pull ups: 7

Thanks guys, can upload pics if it will be helpful

fade2green514
09-24-2013, 08:46 PM
read the stickies, adjust macros and calories accordingly. so many threads like this, just look through and you will find all the advice you need

OzChops
09-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Your post contains no information about your current diet - are you tracking your food intake?
Do you know how many calories you are consuming?

THIS THREAD HERE (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380403) is a great place to start.

Best of luck!

tara19
09-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Want to drop bf%?
You need to lose weight.
Eat 10-20% below your TDEE.

Improvements
09-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Agreed with all above, you don't mention calories (the most important weight loss factor). You actually need to understand, not just read, the stickies if you haven't figured this out. It's not about a "certain diet", it's about eating few enough calories to lose weight, with enough macros and a simple strength training routine to preserve lean body mass. Read the stickies until you see weight loss and body composition as nothing more than a numbers game, because that's what it is.

ImADoer
09-25-2013, 12:18 AM
lost fat ... Drop bf digits .... cutting phase <<<< its all about eating less than what your body needs. Figure your TDEE and cut it 200 to 500 cals. a Caloric deficit is the answer. lifting heavy and do some cardio -optinal- for optimum result.

Playmaker4
09-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Sorry for the incomplete post guys. As far as calories go, I've been consuming 2,300-2,400/day as ~2,800 is my maintenance calories per day.

I've been looking at either Starting Strength or some Westside Barbell routines to pack on muscle using compound lifts.

Weekly routine looking something like this:

Mon: weights + 30 min HIIT
Tues: 60 min Low Intensity cardio
Wed: weights + 30 min HIIT
Thurs: 60 min Low Intensity cardio
Fri: weights + 30 min HIIT
Saturday: outdoor activity (hiking, walking a round of golf, swimming)
Sunday: off

Any beginners routines better than Starting Strength?

Currently have a home gym built with a
Pull up bar
Gymnastic rings
Squat rack
Bench
Barbell
10,15,25,35,45 bumpers
Dumbbells 10-55 lbs
Jump rope

Current diet is aimed at a 60/30/10 ratio

All suggestions welcome