PDA

View Full Version : Future President Ted Cruz: Is now speaking "until he can no longer stand" (LIVE)

BEATINGU
09-24-2013, 03:14 PM
He's been speaking since 2:30 PM and has vowed to continue speaking until he can no longer stand.

Turn on CSPAN guys and #StandwithTed

This is epic.

Watch here:

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

Texan Republican Ted Cruz launched a marathon speech on the floor of the US Senate on Wednesday in a theatrical effort to draw attention to his flagging attempt to block Obama's healthcare reforms.

Though no longer able to delay proceedings significantly with a formal filibuster, Cruz began speaking out against Obamacare at 2.40pm and vowed to keep going until he was "no longer able to stand".

Hours beforehand, the first-term conservative senator was thwarted in his effort to link Obamacare to a wider federal budget resolution, significantly reducing the threat of a government shutdown next week.

Republican Senate leaders Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn refused to back a Cruz plan to block the resolution, opening the way for Democrat majority leader Harry Reid to schedule the first in a series of procedural votes starting on Wednesday afternoon.

But Cruz took to the floor nonetheless, with periodic support from fellow Republicans Mike Lee and David Vitter, to rail against Obamacare and a Senate process which he compared to a "rigged wrestling contest".

Showing signs of continuing well into the night, Cruz's pseudo-filibuster deployed the colourful rhetoric that have made him a 2016 presidential favourite among Tea Party conservatives.

"We need to make DC listen," he said. "Make them listen to the single mom working in the diner, struggling to feed her kids who has just been told she has to take a cut in hours due to Obamacare."

Invoking the Second world war, civil war, war of independence and space race in his favour, Cruz rarely skipped a beat as the afternoon wore on.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/24/ted-cruz-speech-obamacare-senate

tnel00
09-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Republican leadership bout to be exposed as liberals

righteousreason
09-24-2013, 03:23 PM
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way"

Finally a Republican that will actually lead. Now if only he can embarrass more of them into leading, or at LEAST following.

Hola Bola
09-24-2013, 03:29 PM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Dramatic-Intense-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif

Bluestar92
09-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Taking a page out of Rand's playbook. Good way to get your name out there.

righteousreason
09-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Say what you want about Sarah Palin, but she nailed it:

Americans who are fed up with Obamacare won a victory yesterday. The House voted to defund Obamacare while still funding the federal government to avoid a “devastating” shutdown. (I shall not digress, but it’s beyond distressing to hear liberals try to convince Americans that any government slowdown is comparable to “terrorism.”)

Now the battle goes to the Senate, and we’ll find out if Harry Reid is so committed to the horrendous “Un-affordable Care Act” that he’ll be the one to shut down the government to fund the unworkable Obamacare.

Let’s be clear. Republicans in Congress aren't advocating a government shutdown. That’s why they voted in the House to fully fund our bureaucracy while defunding Obamacare. The conservatives in Congress are listening to the majority of Americans who do not want Obamacare.

Following the will of the people is apparently a novel idea in D.C. these days. Just ask Senator Ted Cruz and his liberty-loving posse on Capitol Hill who have led the charge to defund Obama’s train wreck.

Those of us who hang in there supporting a major political party with our energy, time, and contributions would like to believe that that party would praise principled conservatives like Ted Cruz and Mike Lee for following through on campaign promises. We’d like to believe that the GOP establishment would applaud the way these bold leaders have rallied the grassroots to their cause. But, no, such praise would require a commensurate level of guts and leadership, and the permanent political class in D.C. is nothing if not gutless and rudderless.

We’re now, once again, subjected to the “anonymous sources” backstabbing game. The Capitol Hill cowards are rushing to anonymously denounce Senator Cruz to any reporter with a pad and pen.

Welcome to our world, Ted. The same people have been denouncing conservatives like me for years (right after they ask for help fundraising for themselves or endorsing the latest candidate they’ve suckered into paying their exorbitant consulting fees). We can compare shiv marks next time we meet, my friend.
If the Senate doesn’t get behind Ted Cruz’s efforts to defund Obamacare, it won’t be because of any failure on Ted’s part. It’ll be because there weren’t enough principled leaders to stand with him, and that would be a tragic loss, not for Ted, but for America.

More and more Americans are waking up to the nightmare of Obamacare as its rollout continues. Hardworking families are losing their employer-provided health care coverage. Businesses are cutting back their employees’ hours to skirt Obamacare’s mandates. Americans barely scrapping by are discovering that Obamacare has made health care completely unaffordable. Those who aren’t part of a protected special interest group have been left in the cold.

When you’re living on a fixed income, having to pay hundreds of dollars more each month for health care will cut into your ability to pay for basic necessities like food, electricity, or gas (which has increased 90% under Obama). Open your eyes, America. When the full reality of Obamacare strikes home, we’ll thank God that principled leaders like Ted Cruz and Mike Lee took a stand to stop it in its tracks.

But the permanent political class is handwringing and howling that if there’s a government shutdown the media will blame Republicans for it. Here’s a little newsflash, GOP establishment: Whenever anything bad happens, the media blames Republicans for it. That’s not an excuse to roll over and play dead. It’s a call to follow the advice I give my daughters: Woman up, stand your ground, and fight like a girl!

I want no pity. I need no empathy. But use me as a barometer. Over the years, the leftwing media has falsely and irrationally accused me of everything from faking a pregnancy to abetting murder. They lie. Deal with it.

Republicans in Congress support funding the government. If the Democrats block these funding measures, a government shutdown is on them. In the meantime, stop the ridiculous hysterics. Heck, about the most significant thing that happened during the last government shutdown was Clinton hooked up with Monica.
As I said in my speech at CPAC this year, it’s time for the Senate to put itself on Cruz Control.

Ignore the peanut gallery pundits. They’ve written my political obituary so many times, I’m practically Lazarus. Now they’re trying to destroy Ted Cruz. Good luck with that, you weasels. Texans are just as tough as Alaskans. Smaller, but just as tough.

But here’s the important thing that none of these establishment backstabbers understand. It’s not the messenger that matters. It’s the message. You can try to take out someone like Ted Cruz, but that won’t stop the message from catching fire. The message is liberty, and it’s been resounding ever since a band of patriots dumped tea in Boston harbor.

The message only grows stronger. The grassroots is bigger than any one person. We the People will rise up, and we will make our voices heard. Right now, Ted Cruz is speaking for us in this Obamacare fight. God bless him for it.

Hang in there, Ted and Mike. You have millions of supporters among ordinary hardworking Americans. We support you because you don’t shy away from the fray. May your colleagues in the Senate gain the wisdom to support your excellent efforts so that you can see that the view is better from inside the bus than under it.

Oh, and a little reminder to Republican senators up for re-election in 2014: Moose season ends soon, allowing more time on one’s hands. So, we’ll be watching your votes very carefully this week.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/21/palin-ted-cruz-defund-obamacare

Blindead
09-24-2013, 03:35 PM
He took a break 1 hour into it. What a gaping vagina.

FawkinJuicy
09-24-2013, 03:50 PM
#StandwithTed... they couldn't come up w/ a catchier non-rhyming rip-off of #StandwithRand? Smh... why not something like #RefusewithCruz or #Don'tTreadwithTed. I don't see this changing anything, but I'll support anything that slows the wheels of govt for even a little bit.

Flakker
09-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Does this mean I'm not getting free healthcare next week? :(

Spuddy
09-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Sounds fun, I'm gonna try it out in the woods tonight

IronRooster2
09-24-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm no Jon Titor, but there seems to be some historical inaccuracies floating around here.

metroins
09-24-2013, 04:35 PM

lol.

brb speaking for no reason

He missed his opportunity to Filibuster, lol.

PaulG
09-24-2013, 04:46 PM
It always blows my mind how poised and composed Cruz speaks.

StabMastaArson
09-24-2013, 04:47 PM

This. Hopefully this shines a big enough spotlight on RINO scumbags like McConnell, Graham, Cornyn, etc. to oust them in primaries this cycle.

SigmundFreud
09-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Cruise with Cruz.

Ted Cruz 2016

genitalia
09-24-2013, 05:16 PM
future president lol everyone hates him including his own party AND the libertarians.

Who is his VP donald duck? Sec State Big L Bird?

brighamw
09-24-2013, 05:16 PM
I guess you could say, he's got this **** on Cruz control!

http://images.wikia.com/random-ness/images/8/8c/CSi_Miami_sunglasses.gif

tnel00
09-24-2013, 05:26 PM
future president lol everyone hates him including his own party AND the libertarians.

Republican leadership doesn't like him. Republican voters love him. Libertarian voters love him.

Not sure wtf you're talking about

goody1
09-24-2013, 05:29 PM

What the hell are you talking about. The only republicans that don't like him are the old washed up RINOs. And it's time for them to go away. They are single handedly ruining the Republican Party

...Rousseau...
09-24-2013, 05:30 PM
they are basically holding the country hostage in the hopes that democrats will compromise. they can't honestly say they give a **** about the well being of this country especially since they are opposing letting poor people get ****ing healthcare coverage in a developed country so they can live without being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

Timmy96
09-24-2013, 05:30 PM
This is a perfect example of why people hate Washington. You have this bozo (Cruz) wasting everyones time on something that is bound to fail instead of doing the job that he paid to do and pass a spending bill. People think this clown is going to be president. Get real.

Vitamin0
09-24-2013, 05:32 PM
This dude is a complete tool (100% SRS)

goody1
09-24-2013, 05:34 PM
This is a perfect example of why people hate Washington. You have this bozo (Cruz) wasting everyones time on something that is bound to fail instead of doing the job that he paid to do and pass a spending bill. People think clown is going to be president. Get real.

If you are going to criticize politicians for wasting time and not doing their job then you better include 95 percent of them in Washington included your hero Obama

southernwinds34
Why isn't this bigger news? He'sstill talkin, so is the Oklahoma s Senator: James Inhofe.. I like this guy

southernwinds34
they are basically holding the country hostage in the hopes that democrats will compromise. they can't honestly say they give a **** about the well being of this country especially since they are opposing letting poor people get ****ing healthcare coverage in a developed country so they can live without being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. That's just ignorant

tnel00
09-24-2013, 05:36 PM
This is a perfect example of why people hate Washington. You have this bozo (Cruz) wasting everyones time on something that is bound to fail instead of doing the job that he paid to do and pass a spending bill. People think clown is going to be president. Get real.

No people hate Washington because of cronyists like Reid and Pelosi that believe there's nothing in the budget to be cut, and refuse to vote on spending issues on their own merit.

Timmy96
09-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Hopefully, he will pass out. It is too bad someone couldn't stuff a sock in his mouth to shut him up.

tnel00
09-24-2013, 05:37 PM
they are basically holding the country hostage in the hopes that democrats will compromise. they can't honestly say they give a **** about the well being of this country especially since they are opposing letting poor people get ****ing healthcare coverage in a developed country so they can live without being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.

Why can't the Democrats agree to vote on funding Obamacare separate from the rest of the Government?

goody1
09-24-2013, 05:38 PM
This is a perfect example of why people hate Washington. You have this bozo (Cruz) wasting everyones time on something that is bound to fail instead of doing the job that he paid to do and pass a spending bill. People think this clown is going to be president. Get real.

And he is doing the job he is paid to do. Speaking for his constituents

IH8RICE
09-24-2013, 05:38 PM
I wish he would stfu. I will applaud his actions to highlight himself while this debacle in congress is going on. Too bad none of what he says will make any difference as far as defunding obamacare goes. Its evident people need to open their eyes but the way these republican senators are going about it is laughable. Think, a huge percentage of the votes you're going to need are from the same people you're degrading in your speeches. Find a way for them to relate to what you're saying without feeling like smashing your head in and maybe you'll get people to listen.

Edit: he looks like he may be a manlet.would any of you vote for a manlet?

IDrinkBloodLOL
09-24-2013, 05:39 PM

This.jpg

If any of you f**ks can convince me voting is worth doing, I may vote for this guy if the option arises.

amtharin
09-24-2013, 05:41 PM

What would they be doing otherwise?? There is no common ground in this congress.

Timmy96
09-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Why can't the Democrats agree to vote on funding Obamacare separate from the rest of the Government?

Obamacare is a done deal. There have been plenty of times to overturn it. They failed every time. We even had an election where people could have voted Obama out of office. That failed also. Stuff like this is just theatrics and does nothing to help the country.

BEATINGU
09-24-2013, 05:42 PM

Nobody is opposing poor people getting health-care coverage.

They can get a job and pay for it.

goody1
09-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Obamacare is a done deal. There have been plenty of times to overturn it. They failed every time. We even had an election where people could have voted Obama out of office. That failed also. Stuff like this is just theatrics and does nothing to help the country.
As opposed to all of the other "good" things that congress and the senate have done to help the country lately?

...Rousseau...
09-24-2013, 05:46 PM

a lot of people on government aid have jobs. some have more than one. you are just parroting an easily refutable lie. how mad are you?

Streetbull
09-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Over 6 hours now. Ballz...

God Bless You, Senator! And thank you!!

goody1
09-24-2013, 05:51 PM
And maybe someone can tell me that if the politicians that are champions for Obamacare think its so great then why don't they want to be on the plan.

Uncle-Phil
09-24-2013, 05:51 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxw1oonXuP1r213rzo1_250.gif

Timmy96
09-24-2013, 05:52 PM

The stupidity of that remark doesn't warrant a response.

Streetbull
09-24-2013, 05:53 PM
He just about teared up, when talking about what an honor it is to be a Senator.

This is a heartfelt speech. Hope everyone will watch at least a little of it.

tnel00
09-24-2013, 05:57 PM
And maybe someone can tell me that if the politicians that are champions for Obamacare think its so great then why don't they want to be on the plan.

I love how politicians will vote themselves the full subsidy for the health care exchange with their $175k salaries that those making half of that will not get at all.

Timmy96
09-24-2013, 05:57 PM
He just about teared up, when talking about what an honor it is to be a Senator.

This is a heartfelt speech. Hope everyone will watch at least a little of it.

I might watch a Mickey Mouse cartoon. I'm sure that would be more heartfelt than this clowns diatribe.

tnel00
09-24-2013, 06:00 PM
I might watch a Mickey Mouse cartoon. I'm sure that would be more heartfelt than this clowns diatribe.

Bet if this was Elizabeth Warren talking about her Native American ancestors you'd be tearing up right now

1thousand
09-24-2013, 06:01 PM
r..

StabMastaArson
09-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Why isn't this bigger news? He'sstill talkin, so is the Oklahoma s Senator: James Inhofe.. I like this guy

Inhofe is solid as well. He was pretty much the only guy in the entire FedGov exposing the anthropogenic global warming scam before Climategate came to light.

I can't wait to see McConnell and Graham primaried...I honestly want to see them defeated moreso than any Dem at this point.

SigmundFreud
09-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Senator from Illinois is trying to corner Cruz with tricky questions but Cruz answers like a boss.

Timmy96
09-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Bet if this was Elizabeth Warren talking about her Native American ancestors you'd be tearing up right now

Perhaps. It would probably be better then this BS.

Timmy96
09-24-2013, 06:12 PM
I love how politicians will vote themselves the full subsidy for the health care exchange with their $175k salaries that those making half of that will not get at all.

Very true. A little off topic, I think some republicans idea of Social Security would be standing on a street corner holding a tin cup. We as a nation have really lost our compassion.

PaulG
09-24-2013, 06:21 PM
... Cruz reads his daughters watching Green Eggs and Ham on the senate floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9EX2XkpPgE

This guy.

goody1
09-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Very true. A little off topic, I think some republicans idea of Social Security would be standing on a street corner holding a tin cup. We as a nation have really lost our compassion.

And some democrats idea of social security is "don't worry about it, someone else will pay for you."

We can no longer afford compassion when so many people are taking advantage of said compassion

Timmy96
09-24-2013, 06:24 PM
And some democrats idea of social security is "don't worry about it, someone else will pay for you."

We can no longer afford compassion when so many people are taking advantage of said compassion

What? I don't want to get off topic why the bozo is still speaking. Carry on.

SigmundFreud
09-24-2013, 06:24 PM

If you are watching Ted Cruz just said the exact same thing tnell00 did.

goody1
09-24-2013, 06:27 PM
What? I don't want to get off topic why the bozo is still speaking. Carry on.

It was only two sentences. I'm not sure how you got confused

Xenic
09-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Ted Cruz lookin presidential up there. GJTM

Hola Bola
09-24-2013, 06:52 PM
... Cruz reads his daughters watching Green Eggs and Ham on the senate floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9EX2XkpPgE

This guy.

Like a boss.

Pic of his daughters watching as he read it to them...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU-C9ZCCcAA-p-x.jpg:large

frankenstein78
09-24-2013, 06:58 PM

You trollin' or stupid?
People don't like Obamacare because most of the people being forced to buy health insurance don't buy it now because they don't want it. Most without it are young people, who are also the biggest group of working poor, having their hours cut to a maximum of 29 per week. Now they are forced to get second jobs. Even with subsidies, they now have an expense they didn't have before. Many will forgo the insurance mandate still and be fined by the IRS in the end.

There's a chasm of difference between 'letting people get healthcare coverage' and forcing them to buy private insurance. It's corrupt as fuk x1000000000. This fiscal conservative would rather see universal healthcare than the clusterfuk that is Obamacare. I feel lucky that I've had the same plan for a decade, so I'm grandfathered into not having to buy a plan hundreds of dollars more per month than I need right now. Obamacare is corrupt. If you can't see that, get some bigger glasses.

Xenic
09-24-2013, 07:14 PM
"Obamacare? aint nobody got time fo dat"

lol, classic

...Rousseau...
09-24-2013, 07:19 PM
You trollin' or stupid?
People don't like Obamacare because most of the people being forced to buy health insurance don't buy it now because they don't want it. Most without it are young people, who are also the biggest group of working poor, having their hours cut to a maximum of 29 per week. Now they are forced to get second jobs. Even with subsidies, they now have an expense they didn't have before. Many will forgo the insurance mandate still and be fined by the IRS in the end.

There's a chasm of difference between 'letting people get healthcare coverage' and forcing them to buy private insurance. It's corrupt as fuk x1000000000. This fiscal conservative would rather see universal healthcare than the clusterfuk that is Obamacare. I feel lucky that I've had the same plan for a decade, so I'm grandfathered into not having to buy a plan hundreds of dollars more per month than I need right now. Obamacare is corrupt. If you can't see that, get some bigger glasses.

I would support universal healthcare over this bill, but we're not going to get that, we never were.

CallmeMaster
09-24-2013, 07:27 PM
I know this is off topic, but I am sure there are birthers among the Ted Cruz supporter crowd. So what exactly makes Ted Cruz eligible to be president but Barack Obama not?

3stripes
09-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Shocker

Politician with nothing better to do with his time gets publicity

BEATINGU
09-24-2013, 07:54 PM
I know this is off topic, but I am sure there are birthers among the Ted Cruz supporter crowd. So what exactly makes Ted Cruz eligible to be president but Barack Obama not?

Why wouldn't a natural born US citizen be eligible for president?

DorneyFuky
09-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Like a boss, and not just hot air like Oblahblah

BEATINGU
09-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Future President Cruz doesn't even look tired at all.

I wonder how long he can go...

No7
09-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Future President Cruz doesn't even look tired at all.

I wonder how long he can go...

if his dick is anything like his mouth then his wife is a lucky woman

Gabriel Anton
09-24-2013, 09:04 PM
lol @ anyone thinking Cruz would be a viable candidate, would make Romney's 47.8% a credible showing. Hillary's lady parts are getting moist at just the thought

Ancients
09-24-2013, 09:12 PM
http://reaganpluscats.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Ted-Cruz-Canadian.jpg

FleeceJohnson
09-24-2013, 09:47 PM
The first Latino Prez won't be Cuban (Cruz)

It'll be a Democrat, and he'll be of Mexican descent.

BEATINGU
09-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Why the hell is Mike Lee the only one helping Cruz?

Looks like Rand Paul and everyone else went home.

PaulG
09-24-2013, 09:48 PM
http://reaganpluscats.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Ted-Cruz-Canadian.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AS7seMO.jpg

CallmeMaster
09-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Why wouldn't a natural born US citizen be eligible for president?

He(Ted Cruz) wasn't born in the US so what makes him a "natural born US citizen?"

southernwinds34
09-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Still goin strong?

BEATINGU
09-24-2013, 10:02 PM
He(Ted Cruz) wasn't born in the US so what makes him a "natural born US citizen?"

Someone who was a US citizen at the time of his birth isn't a natural born citizen? According to who?

repos
09-24-2013, 10:02 PM
LOL. Rebuplicans using fear over the debt to hold Washington hostage. It's not only Obamacare, it seems like a full scale war on social insurance such as food stamps and unemployment compensation. With rising inequality and differential exposure to economic risk is this really the way to go to get elected at all?

Social insurance programs are not deadbeats or takers – they are hard working individuals and families who have had a spell of bad luck through no fault of their own e.g. job loss in a recession, and need help getting through it, or who have trouble supporting a household while working at, say, a minimum wage job.

I don't agree with everything Obama does and I'm not a democrat. But it seems the country will be forced to vote democratic again. Way too much fuel come campaign time to paint Republicans as the enemy, whose only function is to serve the upper strata of society. Definitely think a new party should rise up... but it was not to be.

CallmeMaster
09-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Someone who was a US citizen at the time of his birth isn't a natural born citizen? According to who?

He was born in Canada not the US, so why don't you explain how you reached the understanding that Ted Cruz is a natural born US citizen.

BEATINGU
09-24-2013, 10:22 PM
He was born in Canada not the US, so why don't you explain how you reached the understanding that Ted Cruz is a natural born US citizen.

Okay, show me in the Constitution where it says anything about being born in a specific geographic region?

He was given US Citizenship instantaneously at the time of his birth. That sounds like a natural born citizen to me

wsuwarrior
09-24-2013, 10:25 PM
LOL. Rebuplicans using fear over the debt to hold Washington hostage. It's not only Obamacare, it seems like a full scale war on social insurance such as food stamps and unemployment compensation. With rising inequality and differential exposure to economic risk is this really the way to go to get elected at all?

Social insurance programs are not deadbeats or takers – they are hard working individuals and families who have had a spell of bad luck through no fault of their own e.g. job loss in a recession, and need help getting through it, or who have trouble supporting a household while working at, say, a minimum wage job.

I don't agree with everything Obama does and I'm not a democrat. But it seems the country will be forced to vote democratic again. Way too much fuel come campaign time to paint Republicans as the enemy, whose only function is to serve the upper strata of society. Definitely think a new party should rise up... but it was not to be.

Its not insurance, its a lifestyle...and Democrat policies have been BAD for poor people in your race in particular....black unemployment has doubled white unemployment during Obamas Presidency..

But still you will support Obama and vote Democrat? Why???? Because the big bad Republicans dont want the government to force people to pay for your misfortunes? Maybe if the government GOT THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY our economy would recover itself...

metroins
09-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Why the hell is Mike Lee the only one helping Cruz?

Looks like Rand Paul and everyone else went home.

Take an honest look at this next statement:

Why would they spend so much political capital on a speaking marathon with guaranteed no results?

It's one thing to take a stand when you can make a difference, it's another to make a spectacle for no reason. If Cruz were serious he would devise a plan that propelled his agenda, right now he's just pandering to a far right base. This is a pure political stunt that he thought would give him better results, but his own party is backing away from him because he hurts the cause rather than propels it.

A true leader actually leads to victory.

In this case Cruz is speaking for selfish needs rather than his causes best interest; he missed the filibuster window and he can't just go on a speaking rant on every vote or he risks being the boy who cried wolf.

repos
09-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Its not insurance, its a lifestyle...and Democrat policies have been BAD for poor people in your race in particular....black unemployment has doubled white unemployment during Obamas Presidency..

But still you will support Obama and vote Democrat? Why???? Because the big bad Republicans dont want the government to force people to pay for your misfortunes? Maybe if the government GOT THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY our economy would recover itself...
Would definitely expect unemployment to increase during a recession. lol i didn't say i supported Obama, just republicans don't seem electable. Telling the government to back off during a recession... now that statement is scary in itself.

MuscleXtreme
09-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Did he get a catheter?

CallmeMaster
09-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Okay, show me in the Constitution where it says anything about being born in a specific geographic region?

He was given US Citizenship instantaneously at the time of his birth. That sounds like a natural born citizen to me

So then you're not a birther? You believe that Barrack Obama is a natural born US citizen?

BEATINGU
09-24-2013, 10:34 PM

Why would they spend so much political capital on a speaking marathon with guaranteed no results?

It's one thing to take a stand when you can make a difference, it's another to make a spectacle for no reason. If Cruz were serious he would devise a plan that propelled his agenda, right now he's just pandering to a far right base. This is a pure political stunt that he thought would give him better results, but his own party is backing away from him because he hurts the cause rather than propels it.

In this case Cruz is speaking for selfish needs rather than his causes best interest; he missed the filibuster window and he can't just go on a speaking rant on every vote or he risks being the boy who cried wolf.

What do you mean no-results? Ted Cruz has made it very clear what he wants to happen. The House has passed a bill that would allow the government to continue functioning under the condition that Obamacare is debated separately. He's bringing attention to various issues he sees with the ACA, including the fact that congress has exempted themselves, and some big businesses (supposedly temporarily), while at the same time trying to shove a broken piece of legislation down the throats of ordinary American citizens. He wants Republicans to stand with him and vote against cloture. He's sticking to his principles rather than backing down and allowing Harry Reid to pass through funding for Obamacare. Ted Cruz is an admirable person.

BEATINGU
09-24-2013, 10:37 PM
So then you're not a birther? You believe that Barrack Obama is a natural born US citizen?

If he was given US citizenship at the time of his birth then yes.

Tekkendo
09-24-2013, 10:40 PM
The bootlickers are running scared. lol When the voters feel the bad effect of Obamacare, they will remember who tried to get rid of that POS junk law, and they will remember not only that the Democrats are the ones that shored this down their throats, but the Democrats are also the one that BLOCK the GOP from getting rid of it. lol.

They will remember it is Repulbican Ted Cruz who tried to stop this bad law. That is why the obots are sooooo butthurt over this. :D

CallmeMaster
09-24-2013, 10:43 PM
If he was given US citizenship at the time of his birth then yes.

Well if you consider Ted Cruz to be a citizen then by using the same metric Barrack Obama is a US citizen.

CalmWind
09-24-2013, 10:44 PM

HX8aFpnWxPA

metroins
09-24-2013, 10:52 PM
HX8aFpnWxPA

I don't watch videos, but Ted Cruz is not filibustering, he missed his opportunity.

If your video is not about filibustering, sorry, but again I don't watch videos. I can read 12 articles in the time it takes me to watch a 12 minute video.

What do you mean no-results? Ted Cruz has made it very clear what he wants to happen. The House has passed a bill that would allow the government to continue functioning under the condition that Obamacare is debated separately. He's bringing attention to various issues he sees with the ACA, including the fact that congress has exempted themselves, and some big businesses (supposedly temporarily), while at the same time trying to shove a broken piece of legislation down the throats of ordinary American citizens. He wants Republicans to stand with him and vote against cloture. He's sticking to his principles rather than backing down and allowing Harry Reid to pass through funding for Obamacare. Ted Cruz is an admirable person.

If he wants senators to stand with him, he is doing it wrong. He is losing votes rather than gaining with this.

Tharsos
09-25-2013, 12:24 AM
Just tuned in to see if he was still going. Somehow, he's still talking substantively and Mike Lee just gave some serious legal analysis of the supreme court's decision on Obamacare. I have to say, I'm not a fan of Cruz, but this is impressive.

genitalia
09-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Just tuned in to see if he was still going. Somehow, he's still talking substantively and Mike Lee just gave some serious legal analysis of the supreme court's decision on Obamacare. I have to say, I'm not a fan of Cruz, but this is impressive.

Bad politicking and general inability to gain respect in the congress lead to his total failure at a filibusterer attempt, now he's up there making a mockery of the institution, reading childrens books all to masturbate himself on a completely moot point w/ zero chance at accomplishing anything...and you're impressed.

^^why i gave up on america.

edmforlife
09-25-2013, 01:13 AM
how long is this crack head going to be talking for

TheIronAsylum
09-25-2013, 01:14 AM
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Dramatic-Intense-Clapping-Reaction-Gif.gif

This X10

Cruz is my man 2016

There is hope for America

wsuwarrior
09-25-2013, 01:15 AM
This is fantastic. He is now quoting from Atlas Shrugged.

WAviking24
09-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Srs question, is this guy mentally all there? What a nutjob.

wsuwarrior
09-25-2013, 01:57 AM
Srs question, is this guy mentally all there? What a nutjob.

Ask Harvard Law School.

genitalia
09-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Ask Harvard Law School.

When Obama was president of the harvard law review it meant nothing because harvard is for phaggots and liberals.

But when it suits you...

WAviking24
09-25-2013, 02:25 AM
Ask Harvard Law School.

I did. They want their janitor back

southernwinds34
09-25-2013, 02:49 AM
These guys are still goin strong

BFast55
09-25-2013, 03:34 AM
Telling the government to back off during a recession... now that statement is scary in itself.Why exactly is that?
You say you're not a Dem, yet you regurgitate their talking points almost word for word.
Low information voter of peace

wsuwarrior
09-25-2013, 03:56 AM
When Obama was president of the harvard law review it meant nothing because harvard is for phaggots and liberals.

But when it suits you...

Obama used his education to manipulate the Constitution and he has no principles....Obama is a smart guy but his heart is not in the right place, the guy is scum.

Cruz on the other hand is a patriot.

DizzySmalls
09-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Anybody who still supports Obamacare deserves a swift kick to the face. And then about 30 more

Messier_Object
09-25-2013, 05:17 AM

They should probably create something that allows poor people to get health insurance. Let's call it medicaid.

nightmare69
09-25-2013, 05:20 AM
Still going strong, how many are in the chamber.

Hola Bola
09-25-2013, 05:28 AM
_iBybRpbvjc

flairon
09-25-2013, 05:28 AM
I'm liking Ted Cruz.

I haven't had time to look into him yet, can anyone aware me?

nightmare69
09-25-2013, 05:37 AM
I'm liking Ted Cruz.

I haven't had time to look into him yet, can anyone aware me?

Canadian born Texas senator who is one of the few who with common sense. I loved him during the gun control debates.

flairon
09-25-2013, 05:43 AM
lol..my man is quoting darth vader. Yeah, he's going to probably get my vote.

SigmundFreud
09-25-2013, 05:43 AM
Obama and Cruz both went to Harvard Law School. But afterwards Cruz did a lot more than community planning.

CalmWind
09-25-2013, 05:49 AM
watch online from wherveer you are

Dude quots from ayn rand like her book atlas shrugged is his bible. then he brings up a quote in that book that was no doubt borrowed from a george bernard shaw quote........ in which his quote he tried to use vs Obama could actually be used against HIMSELF........ nevermind the fact that ayn rand was a moron who actually claimed she created the idea that man should live through reason, and she actually believed the ultimate goal of every man should be his own happiness, ignoring anyone you hurt along the way.

a book that praises deregulation and justifies unchecked human greed.

i've heard enough. just another politician. nothing special to see here. i'm not impressed by this man's intellect at all.

Timmy96
09-25-2013, 06:36 AM

Dude quots from ayn rand like her book atlas shrugged is his bible. then he brings up a quote in that book that was no doubt borrowed from a george bernard shaw quote........ in which his quote he tried to use vs Obama could actually be used against HIMSELF........ nevermind the fact that ayn rand was a moron who actually claimed she created the idea that man should live through reason, and she actually believed the ultimate goal of every man should be his own happiness, ignoring anyone you hurt along the way.

a book that praises deregulation and justifies unchecked human greed.

i've heard enough. just another politician. nothing special to see here. i'm not impressed by this man's intellect at all.

I was never impressed with him before this. I'm less impressed with after this stunt. It is obvious he doesn't care about his job or the American people and only about furthering his own ambitions.

JB05
09-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Anybody who still supports Obamacare deserves a swift kick to the face. And then about 30 more

You know you're on the right side of an issue when you need to threaten to assault the other side.

DizzySmalls
09-25-2013, 07:01 AM
You know you're on the right side of an issue when you need to threaten to assault the other side.
You know you can read when you think that's a threat.

TaeBoNinja
09-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Fake filibuster is fake

Jon85
09-25-2013, 07:08 AM
Good. Obamacare is a disaster to this country

BFast55
09-25-2013, 07:17 AM
You know a piece of legislation is a disaster when the body that passes it, exempts themselves from it.

DerpHunter
09-25-2013, 07:37 AM
He's been speaking since 2:30 PM and has vowed to continue speaking until he can no longer stand.

Turn on CSPAN guys and #StandwithTed

This is epic.

What's epic about it? He's attention whoring. This isn't even a filibuster. And even if he was, health care is a dumb thing to filibuster.

Streetbull
09-25-2013, 07:38 AM
What's epic about it? He's attention whoring. This isn't even a filibuster. And even if he was, health care is a dumb thing to filibuster.

Key question: must a man go to prison because he doesn't want to pay for someone else's health care?

ToPHeR35
09-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Canadian born Texas senator who is one of the few who with common sense. I loved him during the gun control debates.

I believe he also won the Ivy League debate competition as well...

Streetbull
09-25-2013, 07:49 AM

and she actually believed the ultimate goal of every man should be his own happiness, ignoring anyone you hurt along the way.

Please show me exactly where she says anything of the sort.

Her words, not what someone else said ABOUT her.

BEATINGU
09-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Harry Reid kicked Ted Cruz off the floor just now.

He officially spoke and stood on his feet for over 21 hours straight. Mirin hard.

Also, lol @ Congress holding a prayer!

3stripes
09-25-2013, 09:12 AM

As scuba would say

LMFAO at major league wimp

goody1
09-25-2013, 09:16 AM
I was never impressed with him before this. I'm less impressed with after this stunt. It is obvious he doesn't care about his job or the American people and only about furthering his own ambitions.

Maybe you can tell me some of his policies you disagree with. Other than him trying to stop the disaster that is Obamacare.
And then maybe you can tell me why the people that pushed Obamacare through want to be exempt from it.

And as I told you before, he is doing his job. If the majority of his constituents disagree with Obamacare it is his job to speak up. Isn't that the primary function of congressmen and senators? To speak up for their voters??

BEATINGU
09-25-2013, 09:25 AM
And as I told you before, he is doing his job. If the majority of his constituents disagree with Obamacare it is his job to speak up. Isn't that the primary function of congressmen and senators? To speak up for their voters??

While the entire Senate was at home sleeping, Senator Cruz was on his feet speaking for his constituents and the majority of Americans. It's hilarious how angry the liberals are.

goody1
09-25-2013, 09:30 AM
While the entire Senate was at home sleeping, Senator Cruz was on his feet speaking for his constituents and the majority of Americans. It's hilarious how angry the liberals are.

If that was Pelosi or Reed the libs in this thread would be saying how proud they were that a politician was standing up for their voters.
Partisan politics for the loss

nightmare69
09-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Key question: must a man go to prison because he doesn't want to pay for someone else's health care?

Will I get taxed for the 18 weeks that Ill be in school and wont have a job thus no health insurance?

brb you cannot afford insurance so we are going to tax you more money you don't have.

goody1
09-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Maybe you can tell me some of his policies you disagree with. Other than him trying to stop the disaster that is Obamacare.
And then maybe you can tell me why the people that pushed Obamacare through want to be exempt from it.

I'll wait for Timmy96's response

repos
09-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Why exactly is that?
You say you're not a Dem, yet you regurgitate their talking points almost word for word.
Low information voter of peaceOne if the government did nothing during the recession banks would still be @ their unregulated levels, the repo market would have seized up causing a complete halt in capital market lending, unemployment would be at exorbitant levels. etc etc.

Really is there any episode in economic history which shows the benefits of a government being hands off during a recession for any country? Don't think so, and yet people still advocate it... and there lies the muddling of politics with economics.

StabMastaArson
09-25-2013, 12:46 PM
One if the government did nothing during the recession banks would still be @ their unregulated levels, the repo market would have seized up causing a complete halt in capital market lending, unemployment would be at exorbitant levels. etc etc.

Really is there any episode in economic history which shows the benefits of a government being hands off during a recession for any country? Don't think so, and yet people still advocate it... and there lies the muddling of politics with economics.

Someone doesn't know their economic history:

http://mises.org/daily/3788

IronRooster2
09-25-2013, 12:48 PM
"Cruz: "A vote for cloture is a vote to fund Obamacare"; votes for cloture."

Oh, who could have foreseen this. A real stand-up man, this guy.

Tekkendo
09-25-2013, 12:52 PM
One if the government did nothing during the recession banks would still be @ their unregulated levels, the repo market would have seized up causing a complete halt in capital market lending, unemployment would be at exorbitant levels. etc etc.

Sure, that emergency intervention is warranted. But what they have been doing beyond that initial step is absurd. They could have backstopped the liquidity crunch w/o going full retard in bailing out all the TooBigToFails and more.

repos
09-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Someone doesn't know their economic history:

http://mises.org/daily/3788 lol but i do know about world wars and it's effect on employment

repos
09-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Sure, that emergency intervention is warranted. But what they have been doing beyond that initial step is absurd. They could have backstopped the liquidity crunch w/o going full retard in bailing out all the TooBigToFails and more.
Now if the TooBigToFails where to fail in this counterfactual world what would happen? There too big to fail because if they failed they would bring down the economy. Realizing this through Dodd Frank we are trying to limit the systemic risk of these companies.

DizzySmalls
09-25-2013, 02:17 PM

He was saying not to pass the vote in the Senate because Reid has full intentions of amending it when it passes and sending it back to the house with Obamacare funded. Then the democrats can point to obstructionists in the house.

StabMastaArson
09-25-2013, 02:43 PM

Different cloture vote than the one he was protesting, but we all know facts don't matter to left-wing trolls. The Friday/Saturday cloture vote (the one to END debate) is the one Cruz was referring to; this one just allows debate to BEGIN.

Inb4 IronPhaggot2 ignores and continues to repeat lies and falsehoods ad nauseum.

Tekkendo
09-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Now if the TooBigToFails where to fail in this counterfactual world what would happen? There too big to fail because if they failed they would bring down the economy. Realizing this through Dodd Frank we are trying to limit the systemic risk of these companies.

That is totally false. It is a myth used to bullshiete Congress into bailing them out.

There is no risk to customers' asset nor to counter party obligations. Only the bondholders and the shareholders would lose their investment.

Lehman went belly up. Bear Stearns was forced into selling itself to JP Morgan. Merril Lynch was forced to sell itself to B of A. Zero loss to counter party. Zero loss to customer assets.

frank&dodd is a total farce. Toobigtofails are all now even bigger than before. Not a single thing was fixed.

Stop regurgitating the garbage the Obama regime feeds u.

repos
09-25-2013, 04:21 PM

That is totally false. It is a myth used to bullshiete Congress into bailing them out.

There is no risk to customers' asset nor to counter party obligations. Only the bondholders and the shareholders would lose their investment.

Lehman went belly up. Bear Stearns was forced into selling itself to JP Morgan. Merril Lynch was forced to sell itself to B of A. Zero loss to counter party. Zero loss to customer assets.

frank&dodd is a total farce. Toobigtofails are all now even bigger than before. Not a single thing was fixed.

Stop regurgitating the garbage the Obama regime feeds u.
eh this is why i don't go to the politics section too much lol. if you think America would be better if we let the "To Big to Fail" actually fail and it would only effect the "stockholders" and the "bondholders" not regular Americans. That's your own humble opinion and i'm not going to argue with you.

But lookie here. Growth is spurred by investment right? Savings fuel investment right? if you can't get a loan to make your awesome idea come to fruition. if nobody can get a loan because the financial markets are seized up how can America grow?

Hola Bola
09-25-2013, 04:37 PM

http://replygif.net/i/148.gif

FawkinJuicy
09-25-2013, 04:48 PM
eh this is why i don't go to the politics section too much lol. if you think America would be better if we let the "To Big to Fail" actually fail and it would only effect the "stockholders" and the "bondholders" not regular Americans. That's your own humble opinion and i'm not going to argue with you.

But lookie here. Growth is spurred by investment right? Savings fuel investment right? if you can't get a loan to make your awesome idea come to fruition. if nobody can get a loan because the financial markets are seized up how can America grow?

If the TBTF banks had failed, it would have been better for Americans. But instead, the rich individuals who made all the money making risky bets who should have gone bankrupt - were made whole again, and the losses were dumped on everybody holding U.S. Dollars, or earning their wages in dollars. This was done by massive money creation from the Fed, and dilution of the U.S. Dollar. Capitalism is not about private profits and socialized losses. That creates an enormous morale hazard for excessive risk taking by financial institutions. Government regulations and intervention into the market protect big business in general [under the guise of "consumer protection"], and created the TBTF banks.

flairon
09-25-2013, 04:53 PM

it would have been WAAAAAAY better for the toobigtofails to actually fail. It would have been like getting one hard kick in the nuts, or a tap in the nuts every day for the next 10-15 years.

Tekkendo
09-25-2013, 05:09 PM

You can't argue b/c you are clueless.

You have no idea how the investment business work. You are totaly clueless about seggregated customer asset, counter party liability, bondholders, stockholders etc etc. You have no idea what happen to their respective assets and claims in the event of bankruptcy. All you know is just to repeat some BS herpderp fed to you.

CalmWind
09-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Please show me exactly where she says anything of the sort.

Her words, not what someone else said ABOUT her.

“I am primarily the creator of a new code of morality,” she once said. Whereas previous moral codes bestowed sainthood on those who served and sacrificed for others, Rand’s morality extolled “the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.”

Really. She actually CLAIMED this. That she "created a new code of morality" HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! What a ****ing delusional dried up sloot.

Anyway, as for the actual viewpoint.

Every man only live for himself, and never ask another man to do something for him? Why the **** should anyone serve in the military then. Concept of brotherhood ever enter your brain? Why should someone die for you? Why should anyone fight for your freedoms?

Why should the strong ever help the weak? The smart ever teach the average?

It's a stupid viewpoint that came from a moronic woman. I'll take the Golden Rule any day of the week.

Love your neighbor as you would love yourself.

I won't even get into the immoral business practices that are justified under this stupid viewpoint.

repos
09-25-2013, 07:11 PM
You can't argue b/c you are clueless.

You have no idea how the investment business work. You are totaly clueless about seggregated customer asset, counter party liability, bondholders, stockholders etc etc. You have no idea what happen to their respective assets and claims in the event of bankruptcy. All you know is just to repeat some BS herpderp fed to you. lost me there bud

If the TBTF banks had failed, it would have been better for Americans. But instead, the rich individuals who made all the money making risky bets who should have gone bankrupt - were made whole again, and the losses were dumped on everybody holding U.S. Dollars, or earning their wages in dollars. This was done by massive money creation from the Fed, and dilution of the U.S. Dollar. Capitalism is not about private profits and socialized losses. That creates an enormous morale hazard for excessive risk taking by financial institutions. Government regulations and intervention into the market protect big business in general [under the guise of "consumer protection"], and created the TBTF banks.

it would have been WAAAAAAY better for the toobigtofails to actually fail. It would have been like getting one hard kick in the nuts, or a tap in the nuts every day for the next 10-15 years.

Yah there is a moral hazard argument. When the system is about to collapse, it is hard to argue that it should be allowed to collapse to teach posterity a lesson. The loss of institutional capital can be very hard for the economy to rebuild, the cost of the collapse may ensure that no future govt contemplates "disciplining" the system. But yeh the knowledge that the govt will step in gives private bankers an incentive to ignore such outcomes and hold too little liquidity or move with the herd. How to fix this seems to be increased regulation but as in law there will be loopholes. If you know how to remove the hazard while keeping our economy afloat you and Ted Cruz should switch positions, because i don't think anyone does.

FawkinJuicy that part at the end on QE & it's effects wages...I'm going to go off path a little bit.... Usually austerity, unemployment and bank closure would be the orthodox approach to cleanse the economic system as Emerging Markets have done and Greece for the most part. But that is politically difficult these measures bring political instability because of the economic repercussions. Politicians especially Americans avoid tough discussions (aka no word on how to deal with medicare/medicaid or waiting until the precipice to tackle the debt ceiling), and the only reasons Greece or the EM's in the past went this route was because the ECB or IMF forced them to receive an aid package.

We create economic thought and the Fed supposedly has the best economists in the world. Unconventional monetary policy, deserves its name "unconventional." One possible reason the Fed went this route is that in a position of responsibility, and in a world where much had broken down, the Fed and central bankers (Japan Euro) decided to do whatever they could, which included instruments like quantitative easing.

On Capitalism, we aren't in a capitalistic system per se we are in a mixed economy where the state and private sector direct the economy. The US dollar has depreciated relative to other currencies, but cpi is still at 1.8 which is really low and prices are decreasing across the globe due to less global demand. So you can now actually buy more with your money. The inflation that a monetarist would hypothesize because of QE is not here and could possibly never be here... My opinion is that banks the main recipients of the injections will continue to hold excess reserves because of economic uncertainty and the interest the Fed pays on required and excess balances until the economy looks more rosy. The fed will get it's money back without inflation rising too much by balancing the interest it gives to banks and using reverse repos and open market operations tapering