PDA

View Full Version : Which to buy to support my goals?

JoseOrih
09-23-2013, 10:09 PM
I am currently in a calorie deficit and am doing cardio at least 5 times a week. I am not lifting weights as I chose to lose weight first instead of gaining muscle. what would be good to buy? A protein supplement? if so which one would be good for my cause. What would you guys recommend? I accept any advice as I am a beginner. All help is appreciated and welcomed. Thanks

I also understand that supplements will not work miracles but at least give me a small help but I do not rely on them to help me achieve my goals

TDoig84
09-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Hi Joseorih,

Focusing on just losing weight is not the best idea, I'm going to assume you want to lose fat?
If you don't lift you will be losing muscle for sure. It really is healthier to lift during fat loss.....unless you're only after weight loss. Wouldn't it make sense to get a head start on muscle gains? besides you burn more calories with a high lean body mass.

as far as supplements go
Protein powder
Creatine
and Fish oil (if you don't consume fish)

Hope it helps.

JoseOrih
09-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi Joseorih,

Focusing on just losing weight is not the best idea, I'm going to assume you want to lose fat?
If you don't lift you will be losing muscle for sure. It really is healthier to lift during fat loss.....unless you're only after weight loss. Wouldn't it make sense to get a head start on muscle gains? besides you burn more calories with a high lean body mass.

as far as supplements go
Protein powder
Creatine
and Fish oil (if you don't consume fish)

Hope it helps.

okay I will look into get a membership for my nearby gym. As for the supplements. Would creatine or protein be better to get for cardio and lifting? I dont have enough for both at the moment but I will buy both once I have the chance. So would creatine or protein be the best choice. and if protein what would be the best choice?

btw would this be a good choice of protein?

Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein

TDoig84
09-23-2013, 11:12 PM
You may find it helpful to do some reading on them both....For now though, the basics.

Protein powder is used because it's convenient :)
Creatine is good for a slight increase in strength and stamina

Both will help, but creatine will add maybe 1-2kg to your weight, BUT don't worry its water weight and you should not be concerned with weight, but with fat.
Creatine supplementation should also be accompanied by drinking plenty of water, 2L plus per day, and consumed at 3-5g per day. after 2-3 weeks your muscles should be completely saturated and you'll weigh more.

Maybe just get Protein for now.

JoseOrih
09-23-2013, 11:19 PM
You may find it helpful to do some reading on them both....For now though, the basics.

Protein powder is used because it's convenient :)
Creatine is good for a slight increase in strength and stamina

Both will help, but creatine will add maybe 1-2kg to your weight, BUT don't worry its water weight and you should not be concerned with weight, but with fat.
Creatine supplementation should also be accompanied by drinking plenty of water, 2L plus per day, and consumed at 3-5g per day. after 2-3 weeks your muscles should be completely saturated and you'll weigh more.

Maybe just get Protein for now.

Thanks for the advice and I will do some reading about them. Would u have any good proteins to start off with that would go along with my fat loss goals?

TDoig84
09-23-2013, 11:31 PM
It's really all personal preference buddy.

WPI is more pure than WPC but it's more expensive too, though 50% of people cant tolerate WPC...or so im told, i'm one of them.
I buy pure WPI, and flavorless, as I can make my own. I get sick of the same flavors. Also a tip is to use a different brand every 3-6months, this helps insure you get a good product sooner or later.

JoseOrih
09-23-2013, 11:47 PM
It's really all personal preference buddy.

WPI is more pure than WPC but it's more expensive too, though 50% of people cant tolerate WPC...or so im told, i'm one of them.
I buy pure WPI, and flavorless, as I can make my own. I get sick of the same flavors. Also a tip is to use a different brand every 3-6months, this helps insure you get a good product sooner or later.

good to know. Thank you very much. You have been a great help

HolySheep
09-24-2013, 01:43 AM
You don't want to lose weight, you want to lose fat, so you can lift, gaining muscle and lose fat, thank to noobs gains.
Calorie deficit while high protein, best way to go.