PDA

View Full Version : Why Jacksonville should sign Tebow.

Experiment42
09-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Jacksonville is currently the worst team in the NFL by far. Blaine Gabbert is a total bust, cut your phucking losses. Nobody even wants to watch the Jags and TV stations apologize for carrying their damn games.

This is why Tebow should be picked up as soon as possible.

1) People will watch Tebow play no matter where he goes. Tebow lovers want to see him, Tebow haters watch to see him fail.

2) Tebow's offensive skills lead to higher rushing yards. The Jags actually have a great running back, MJD is their only star on offense. He's far better than what Denver had when Tebow was there.

3) If Tebow fails miserably, there's no downside for the Jags. Tebow is burried for good, fans stop asking for him and the Jags pick a first round QB.

4) If the Jags win more than expected with Tebow, they can rely on him and use the draft to pick up someone like Clowney instead of another QB Bust. Then sign a bunch of mid tier WRs with experience in running the option to block since they ain't phucking passing.

As said before, they aren't losing much by dropping Gabbert for Tebow. Gabbert is a fumble machine, has a Tebowesque completion%, and can't do as much with his legs. Tebow's style of offense will enhance their RB which is their best position on offense.

evilsteve02
09-21-2013, 06:54 PM
I would say the only downside is if it costs more to sign him than what they would get back from tv ratings and jersey sales.

AlphaDog3
09-21-2013, 06:58 PM
I would say the only downside is if it costs more to sign him than what they would get back from tv ratings and jersey sales.

It won't. They will make money and ratings will go up. It makes too much sense and it seems like they're afraid to pull the trigger because they're afraid of dealing with the fallout or because he might actually help them win some games and give them a lower pick in the draft.

Experiment42
09-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Tebow lovers are nutjobs, so jersey sales will be high. Tebow lovers and hardcore haters are almost unhealthily obsessed with watching his every play, never seen so many so eager to watch a guy grounding a 5 yard dump off pass, so ratings will go up. Also, you could give Tebow peanuts to play for you now and he'd jump all over it to play QB in the NFL.

The_Albatross
09-21-2013, 07:01 PM
they should just cancel the franchise

TAWS6
09-21-2013, 07:02 PM
He just can't hack it as an nfl qb. It's that simple.

AlphaDog3
09-21-2013, 07:09 PM

Nobody is arguing that... they're just saying it would be good business for the Jags to sign him and start him.

Experiment42
09-21-2013, 07:13 PM

It's not a matter of if he can hack it as a QB or not. It's a move to appease fans, who believe it or not are important to a franchise, and silence vocal nutjobs. It's a move that lets you say you've done everything in your power and the move just didn't work out, so lets kill this now and find someone we can all get behind instead of moving on with either of these bums.

They can't do worse as I'm pretty sure everyone expects them to lose all of their games.

IawI
09-21-2013, 07:18 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/elmo-tl_dr.gif

GolfPants
09-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Why Jacksonville Shouldn't sign Tebow

"I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be a Jacksonville Jaguar. Even if he's released." - Dave Caldwell, Jaguars GM.

32/32 GMs felt Tebow was not worth a roster spot this season.

The Jags do not have serious problems selling tickets. They haven't had a blackout in 5 seasons and ranked 20th in attendance last season, despite having the worst record in franchise history. They had the best attendance in the state of Florida.

They're gonna take their lumps this season with Henne/Gabbert, try to develop some of the young players, and start a new era with Bridgewater or whoever next year.

And why does everyone think they are a better businessman than Shad Khan? You know...the owner of the jaguars who is worth more than Jerry Jones, and built up an auto-parts empire from nothing?

If it was a good long-term business decision, it would be done.

It isnt.

LostOne287
09-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I strongly feel that Tebow is being blackballed out of the league just like T.O. was. It's not about him as a player, it's that no team wants the hordes of media and attention he brings, regardless of what he does on the field. If it was purely based on skill, there's no way you can tell me that Tebow isn't worth one 53 man roster spot out of all 32 teams in the league.

Sad that someone like Tebow gets blackballed while thugs in the league are running around getting dui's and busted for drugs every week.

FAH_Q
09-21-2013, 07:51 PM
This is a new and exciting topic.

It would have been possible before the hiring of GM Dave Caldwell, but that is not his style as a GM. He is not going to take a risk on a QB who cannot throw from the pocket. Caldwell is a Thomas Dimitroff disciple. He has been a part of the growth of Matt Ryan. And he has already said several times how Tebow is not going to be signed by the Jags. I dislike Gabbert as much as anyone and i do think Tebow would be an upgrade, but its not going to happen.

As a big fan of Tebow, this is 100% on him. It was a retarded move to sign with the Jets over the Jags which would be in your home state. And the other part is his refusal to play any other position than QB. I can respect it, but I don't feel sorry that he doesn't have a NFL job.

ItsWhatIDo
09-21-2013, 08:15 PM
The downside would be if Tebow won a game or two with them. Then they might not get the first pick in the draft.

houtexans23
09-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Jacksonville is currently the worst team in the NFL by far. Blaine Gabbert is a total bust, cut your phucking losses. Nobody even wants to watch the Jags and TV stations apologize for carrying their damn games.

This is why Tebow should be picked up as soon as possible.

1) People will watch Tebow play no matter where he goes. Tebow lovers want to see him, Tebow haters watch to see him fail.

2) Tebow's offensive skills lead to higher rushing yards. The Jags actually have a great running back, MJD is their only star on offense. He's far better than what Denver had when Tebow was there.

3) If Tebow fails miserably, there's no downside for the Jags. Tebow is burried for good, fans stop asking for him and the Jags pick a first round QB.

4) If the Jags win more than expected with Tebow, they can rely on him and use the draft to pick up someone like Clowney instead of another QB Bust. Then sign a bunch of mid tier WRs with experience in running the option to block since they ain't phucking passing.

As said before, they aren't losing much by dropping Gabbert for Tebow. Gabbert is a fumble machine, has a Tebowesque completion%, and can't do as much with his legs. Tebow's style of offense will enhance their RB which is their best position on offense.

this is what really stood out to me in this post. they really don't have anything to lose, and tebow would at least help them make a little bit more money. plus, hometown fans would go nuts for him.

MCrow
09-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Jacksonville should be relegated.

liuzhoudragon
09-21-2013, 09:00 PM
if they wanted a tebow stlye player they would use Denard Robinson......faster then tebow, already familar with the jags. similar passing wise.

best of all NO media circus and retarded tebow comments.

they will pick a new qb next draft. this year is lost, not complicated.

BrawnySwoleman
09-21-2013, 09:24 PM
http://i.qkme.me/35ae8w.jpg

vjDeRBwO_7U

WH1992
09-21-2013, 09:46 PM
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/tebow-auto-tune.jpg

HeeeyYouGuuuys
09-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Some of you are missing the obvious downside: If he didn't perform well, they'd be the laughingstock of the league. JAX would become known as the place that pandered to its fans and popular decision, and made a poor football decision at the expense of selling more tickets. Tebow as a QB would hurt the development of the younger players. This would make the Jags an even more unpopular destination for free agents. They'd basically be an embarrassment.

That's all moot if he does well -- but can they really take that chance? No way.

Davdukes4
09-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Some of you are missing the obvious downside: If he didn't perform well, they'd be the laughingstock of the league. JAX would become known as the place that pandered to its fans and popular decision, and made a poor football decision at the expense of selling more tickets. Tebow as a QB would hurt the development of the younger players. This would make the Jags an even more unpopular destination for free agents. They'd basically be an embarrassment.

That's all moot if he does well -- but can they really take that chance? No way.

Hold on....Jacksonville isn't already the laughing stock of the league? They aren't already an embarrassment of a franchise? This is what makes it a good move. They are already an awful franchise with bad personnel. And if Tebow is that bad, this is a good thing. He will guarantee you the 1st pick in the draft so you can get the only thing that matters in todays nfl...A decent qb (gabbert is not the answer) and in the mean time you sell more tickets, sell more jerseys and give Jacksonville, florida and tebow fans something to talk about for the rest of the year. Honestly I think they should relocate/rename the jags and the browns. There are cities that deserve teams more than Jacksonville and Cleveland.

Experiment42
09-22-2013, 01:02 AM

Jacksonville is already the laughing stock of the NFL.

How is Tebow any worse than Blaine Gabbert at this point? Gabbert completed only something like 4% more of his throws than Tebow and he can't run as well as Tebow. This isn't Tebow love, this is plain fact, Gabbert is a worse QB than Tebow in terms of production. Lets compare Tebow's season with the Broncos to the same season with Gabbert:

Gabbert:
Completion%: 50.8%
Passing Yards: 2214
Rushing Yards: 98
Total Yards: 2312
Passing Touchdowns: 12
Rushing Touchdowns: 0
Total Touchdowns: 12
Interceptions: 11
Fumbles: 13

Tebow:
Completion%: 46.5%
Passing Yards: 1729
Rushing Yards: 660
Total Yards: 2389
Passing Touchdowns: 12
Rushing Touchdowns: 6
Total Touchdowns: 18
Interceptions: 6
Fumbles: 13

Yes Gabbert was a rookie that season and Tebow had played some the prior season, but this season he's already off to an even worse start in what little he's played. Quite frankly Tebow is an improvement at this point. This isn't praise for Tebow, this is a knock on Gabbert.

And "pandering" to your fans is a bad thing now? That's what every phucking team does if you know what the word means. That said, how dare they acknowledge the people who essentially pay them. This season is already dead bro, humor the people who matter to your checkbook while there's no harm in it and it's actually profitable.

The worst that happens is they win some and lose a spot in the draft, which isn't happening.

showbe
09-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Nobody is arguing that... they're just saying it would be good business for the Jags to sign him and start him.

Building a contender and getting to the Super Bowl is every teams goal. Not to make more money from jersey/ticket sales. You build a contender who can make it to the playoffs and eventually the Super Bowl you will get good business just from that itself. Signing Tebow would be like putting your organization on pause. What a great way to show your franchise player, MJD, how serious the team is at making them winners by signing a QB because you think it would be a good business move. If he is given 2-3 years to show what he can do what happens after that? You could of used that time to develop a REAL NFL caliber QB and for him to master the playbook and get in sync with your first round WR Justin Blackmon, instead you waste away years because you think making some money short term is better than making that money long term.

It takes YEARS to build a contender and signing Tebow who cant play QB for chit wont help anything other than to please some college football fans. Do you honestly think your roster will want to play for an organization who signs a QB who is known to be chit and not be any close to an NFL caliber QB? Thats like basically telling your team that you dont care about winning.

No team would even take a chance on him as a back up which shows you how bad he is. But for someone like him who works so hard and its like nothing has changed since he entered the NFL.

Tebow is a short term business decision. NFL owners are in it for the long haul and want to make money LONG TERM. Signing a crap QB to make some money 1-2 years isnt worth it when you can make ALOT more by building a contender. All Tebow would do is get in the way of that goal. You really think all Jags fans would be happy they signed Tebow? I bet you only the college fans would be excited whereas the NFL fans would be pissed that you are throwign away 2-3 years that could of been spent rebuilding or developing players who actually matter. That would be similar to what the Browns did by trading Trent Richardson away. Telling the fans they dont want to win. Signing Tebow is saying the same thing. Not all fans would be happy with that as they want to see the organization win. And I bet you never watched Broncos games with Tebow. SOme of the most boring games I have ever watched were when my team played againt him.

SpiderSense
09-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Tebow lovers are nutjobs

I'm not necessarily a Tebow lover, but I like that he has crazy will to win.

He plays each snap with as much tenacity as the last one.

The guys that are the hardest to beat are the ones that simply won't give up.

Versus other QB's I won't mention who bitch and point fingers when the going gets rough.

showbe
09-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Hold on....Jacksonville isn't already the laughing stock of the league? They aren't already an embarrassment of a franchise? This is what makes it a good move. They are already an awful franchise with bad personnel. And if Tebow is that bad, this is a good thing. He will guarantee you the 1st pick in the draft so you can get the only thing that matters in todays nfl...A decent qb (gabbert is not the answer) and in the mean time you sell more tickets, sell more jerseys and give Jacksonville, florida and tebow fans something to talk about for the rest of the year. Honestly I think they should get relocate/rename the jags and the browns. There are cities that deserve teams more than Jacksonville and Cleveland.

Ya sure signing Tebow would be a great move to basically make all your younger players want to play elsewhere.

Honestly Gabbert if he is bad he will get the Jags a top pick in the draft. Jags arent expected to win this year anyways. FYI this isnt Madden where you can just sign a QB and he will magically know the playbook day one.

Gabbert gives the Jags a better chance at getting a decent QB in the next draft. If anything Tebow will actually win some games because of how he tires out defenses but to say he will bring them to the playoffs is just a joke. He got lucky in Denver because Mike Mccoy builds the offense around his players. I highly doubt the coaches on the Jags are as good as Mccoy when it comes to building a good offense around a players strengths.

The only good thing would come out of this is to please Tebow fans and some ticket/jersey sales. And I doubt you would sell out games just because of Tebow. Like other people said Jaguars dont even get many black outs so ticket sales arent a problem. Theres a reason why your not running an NFL franchise. NFL owners dont sign players like Tebow just for some ticket/jersey sales. That is pennies to them. They want to bring a Lombardi Trophy to there organization as that will boost ticket/jersey sales longer than what Tebow will bring to the table.

Signing Tebow will just make it so free agents wont want to come to the Jaguars even MORE. Like the Raiders they already have trouble signing free agents because thats where career ends. You really think just because a team has a bad reputation they would want to tarnish it even more? If signing Tebow was such a good business move it would of been done already but it hasnt because it isnt a good business move. It isnt good for your team as it shows you dont want to win and that will be the image that your team will giving off to potential draftee's and free agents.

SpiderSense
09-22-2013, 02:43 AM
LOL dude players care about one thing it's MONEY.

Do you honestly think they would be like "Oh 100 Million? Nah I can't let go of you guys signing tebow.

AlphaDog3
09-22-2013, 06:38 AM
And why does everyone think they are a better businessman than Shad Khan? You know...the owner of the jaguars who is worth more than Jerry Jones, and built up an auto-parts empire from nothing?

This is a good point, but business men make bad decisions all the time.... so do GMs and team presidents. Didn't Trump just file for bankruptcy a few years back? I think you are right though... long term it is a bad decision. Short term it would be great for the franchise, but Tebow will help them win a couple games thus hurting their chances of landing a franchise guy in the draft. At this point that is what they need for long term success.

Davdukes4
09-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Ya sure signing Tebow would be a great move to basically make all your younger players want to play elsewhere.

Honestly Gabbert if he is bad he will get the Jags a top pick in the draft. Jags arent expected to win this year anyways. FYI this isnt Madden where you can just sign a QB and he will magically know the playbook day one.

Gabbert gives the Jags a better chance at getting a decent QB in the next draft. If anything Tebow will actually win some games because of how he tires out defenses but to say he will bring them to the playoffs is just a joke. He got lucky in Denver because Mike Mccoy builds the offense around his players. I highly doubt the coaches on the Jags are as good as Mccoy when it comes to building a good offense around a players strengths.

The only good thing would come out of this is to please Tebow fans and some ticket/jersey sales. And I doubt you would sell out games just because of Tebow. Like other people said Jaguars dont even get many black outs so ticket sales arent a problem. Theres a reason why your not running an NFL franchise. NFL owners dont sign players like Tebow just for some ticket/jersey sales. That is pennies to them. They want to bring a Lombardi Trophy to there organization as that will boost ticket/jersey sales longer than what Tebow will bring to the table.

Signing Tebow will just make it so free agents wont want to come to the Jaguars even MORE. Like the Raiders they already have trouble signing free agents because thats where career ends. You really think just because a team has a bad reputation they would want to tarnish it even more? If signing Tebow was such a good business move it would of been done already but it hasnt because it isnt a good business move. It isnt good for your team as it shows you dont want to win and that will be the image that your team will giving off to potential draftee's and free agents.

What is the difference between gabbert, tebow and any other awful back up qb that Jacksonville can start this season? They are all bums. None of them are playoff caliber qbs...Gabbert doesn't excite fans. Do you think having blaine gabbert starting at qb is going to bring in free agents and make young jag players want to stay? What I'm trying to say is that if you are going to tank a season or two...you might as well make some money and get some press. No press is bad press my man....It is a business, and tebow sells. The problem is that the owner and gm have to much pride to "admit" defeat, even though they are already the worst team in the league with zero chance of doing anything. I think they are worried that tebow will rally a couple goofy wins and they will be pressured into resigning him. Honestly they should just sign him to a one year, minimum salary contract...draft the best qb next april and move on. lol at die hard fans who are okay with gabbert or henne being their starting qb, but would be upset with tebow.

Gerald151
09-22-2013, 07:32 AM
I strongly feel that Tebow is being blackballed out of the league just like T.O. was. It's not about him as a player, it's that no team wants the hordes of media and attention he brings, regardless of what he does on the field. If it was purely based on skill, there's no way you can tell me that Tebow isn't worth one 53 man roster spot out of all 32 teams in the league.

Sad that someone like Tebow gets blackballed while thugs in the league are running around getting dui's and busted for drugs every week.

Lmao this is retarded.

Teams don't want to sign him because they're scared of a few extra cameras? If anything that's more incentive for teams to sign him. It means more revenue for them.

Experiment42
09-22-2013, 07:36 AM

It isnt.

Well first of all, I doubt Shad Khan can tell his head from his ass in football and delegates all of the responsibilities to people he feels know more. He probably saw that even bad NFL teams are a great investment financially. That said just because people are rich or paid to do something doesn't mean they don't do stupid ****. Someone hired Charlie Weis to head coach. Someone let captain butt-fumble still have a career in the nfl as a starting QB. Someone signed Tebow and then refused to use him. Someone put a starting QB in to try and win a preseason game then lost him to injury. Ok so I guess I'm mostly saying a blind chimp could do a better job than the people running the Jets but the point still stands. People suck at their jobs at every level, that's nothing new. So why is it so hard to believe a rich man could **** up occasionally?

The reasons some people give are contradictory. Saying you should play to win instead of grabbing the cash. Then you don't sign Tebow because it would upset MJD. Well, Tebow is a better chance to win than Gabbert. I'm pretty sure MJD would want Tebow over Gabbert as well. There are only 3 things players like MJD love more than themselves: Money, chances to show off, and winning. Tebow is dirt cheap, pulls in viewers, runs an offense that facilitates more rushing yards, and gives them a better chance to win.

If I had to guess I'd say there are really two factors to the Jags ignoring Tebow: The draft and the GM being stubborn.

Antonio519
09-22-2013, 07:38 AM
I'd watch the Jags if Tebro played for them

I can't say that I've ever watched a jaguars game unless they played the bears

at least they are a more popular team than Tampa Bay, sometimes I forget that the bucs are a team

airdog93
09-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Why Jacksonville Shouldn't sign Tebow

"I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be a Jacksonville Jaguar. Even if he's released." - Dave Caldwell, Jaguars GM.

32/32 GMs felt Tebow was not worth a roster spot this season.

The Jags do not have serious problems selling tickets. They haven't had a blackout in 5 seasons and ranked 20th in attendance last season, despite having the worst record in franchise history. They had the best attendance in the state of Florida.

They're gonna take their lumps this season with Henne/Gabbert, try to develop some of the young players, and start a new era with Bridgewater or whoever next year.

It isnt.

who's going to out compete them? the marlins? lol

GolfPants
09-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Well first of all, I doubt Shad Khan can tell his head from his ass in football and delegates all of the responsibilities to people he feels know more.

He did exactly that, and the man he gave the responsibility to thinks Tebow is terrible.

Someone let captain butt-fumble still have a career in the nfl as a starting QB. Someone signed Tebow and then refused to use him.

Tebow couldn't beat out Buttfumble for a job. Think about that. Jets players were actually saying 'he's terrible'. And before you come back with "He's a gamer, not a practice player", what kind of bullchit is that? Why is Tebow any different than every other player in the league that has to compete for playing time or to win a job? Why does he 'deserve' to have it given to him when he has shown nothing other than that he is terrible? Sends a bad message to the locker room.

People suck at their jobs at every level, that's nothing new. So why is it so hard to believe a rich man could **** up occasionally?

This would have a bit more merit if EVERY SINGLE OTHER OWNER AND GM IN THE LEAGUE hadn't also come to the same conclusion. That Tebow is not worth a roster spot. Why is it only a stupid move for the Jags? The Browns and Raiders also have terrible QB situations. The Bucs have an awful QB, they're in the state of Florida, and sell less tickets than the Jags. Why not them? How many of all these screaming fans begging for Tebow to be a jag showed up at that pathetic rally? Like 12.

Well, Tebow is a better chance to win than Gabbert. I'm pretty sure MJD would want Tebow over Gabbert as well.

Firstly, I don't agree with this at all. And don't get me wrong, I think Gabbert is absolutely terrible and the worst starting QB in football. But I think that on THIS team, Tebow would be even worse or equally chitty at BEST. I remember reading a thread on another forum about if you had to build a team around Tebow (within reason), what type of team/players would you put around him. The answer was a really good interior offensive line to run block for all the zone reads, a defense that could rush the passer and generate turnovers to give the pathetic Tebow offense more chances with the ball as well as keep the game tight, and receivers who were really good run blockers and could get open deep. Or to put it simply...the 2011 Denver Broncos.

The Jags interior offensive line is a complete shambles, they have the worst pass rush in the league and just an overall bad defense, and their receivers are all intermediate route and YAC guys who can't run block. There couldn't possibly be a worse fit for tebow roster-wise than this current Jags team.

Secondly...on the offchance that I'm wrong, let's say Tebow gets them 3 wins instead of the 0 or 1 they are headed for, and they miss out on the first pick. Was it really worth it? To get an extra couple wins, and still have no real solution at the QB position?

Thirdly...MJD won't be here after this season, so that's really irrelevant.

If I had to guess I'd say there are really two factors to the Jags ignoring Tebow: The draft and the GM being stubborn.

If I had to guess, it would be that the owner has complete trust in his GM, and the GM has a vision for the future that does not include Tim Tebow.

evilsteve02
09-22-2013, 09:29 AM
It won't. They will make money and ratings will go up. It makes too much sense and it seems like they're afraid to pull the trigger because they're afraid of dealing with the fallout or because he might actually help them win some games and give them a lower pick in the draft.

yeah, that is all possible. If i were the owner, and i had my marketing people advise me, i would probably sign him. From what i have seen of him since denver, he has gotten much worse. As far as w's/l's..thats right too, you need to lose games to get a higher pick, especially when you don't have a franchise QB. There is no benefit to Jacksonville winning games when they need a franchise QB

evilsteve02
09-22-2013, 09:32 AM

I agree with all of that but him not being worth one of the spots on a 53 man roster. a 3rd string QB can be anyone and 3 things play into him not being on an NFL roster. 1: he flat out refuses to play any other position (yet i have never heard of him working in the offseason to be better, maybe i am wrong but i've heard nothing) 2: a lot of other things play into factor when deciding your roster and your 3rd QB is typically a young project guy who might pan out, but has a better chance of not being in the nfl the following year. 3: his attitude, i really think that he believes 100% that he is wwwaayyy better than what he is, and that's bad for a locker room.

Experiment42
09-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Tebow couldn't beat out Buttfumble for a job. Think about that. Jets players were actually saying 'he's terrible'. And before you come back with "He's a gamer, not a practice player", what kind of bullchit is that? Why is Tebow any different than every other player in the league that has to compete for playing time or to win a job? Why does he 'deserve' to have it given to him when he has shown nothing other than that he is terrible? Sends a bad message to the locker room.

We're not going to sit here and pretend Tebow got a fair shake at the Jets job are we? I don't think there's a single Tebow critic in the world that can say that he honestly got a shot considering Rex Ryan's appalling obsession with Sanchez. I'm betting on the next Rex Ryan porno to come out with Sanchez's foot in his mouth or something. I'm not saying this because of Tebow either, You could have picked up any free agent and done better, or at least no worse, than Sanchez because he's phucking rattled, he can't take the pressure.

This would have a bit more merit if EVERY SINGLE OTHER OWNER AND GM IN THE LEAGUE hadn't also come to the same conclusion. That Tebow is not worth a roster spot. Why is it only a stupid move for the Jags? The Browns and Raiders also have terrible QB situations. The Bucs have an awful QB, they're in the state of Florida, and sell less tickets than the Jags. Why not them? How many of all these screaming fans begging for Tebow to be a jag showed up at that pathetic rally? Like 12.

Not "EVERY SINGLE OTHER OWNER AND GM IN THE LEAGUE" as you put it has Blaine Gabbert. The Jag's situation is they have the hands down worst starting QB in the NFL bar none. You could easily extend this topic to other teams in bad situations but at least those teams aren't predicted to go a perfect 0 this season, and that's why I chose the Jags on this topic, that and his ties to the city makes him the biggest draw in Jacksonville.

Firstly, I don't agree with this at all. And don't get me wrong, I think Gabbert is absolutely terrible and the worst starting QB in football. But I think that on THIS team, Tebow would be even worse or equally chitty at BEST. I remember reading a thread on another forum about if you had to build a team around Tebow (within reason), what type of team/players would you put around him. The answer was a really good interior offensive line to run block for all the zone reads, a defense that could rush the passer and generate turnovers to give the pathetic Tebow offense more chances with the ball as well as keep the game tight, and receivers who were really good run blockers and could get open deep. Or to put it simply...the 2011 Denver Broncos.

The Jags interior offensive line is a complete shambles, they have the worst pass rush in the league and just an overall bad defense, and their receivers are all intermediate route and YAC guys who can't run block. There couldn't possibly be a worse fit for tebow roster-wise than this current Jags team.

Secondly...on the offchance that I'm wrong, let's say Tebow gets them 3 wins instead of the 0 or 1 they are headed for, and they miss out on the first pick. Was it really worth it? To get an extra couple wins, and still have no real solution at the QB position?

Thirdly...MJD won't be here after this season, so that's really irrelevant.

Your post is suffering from bipolarism or something. Either Tebow is terrible and he'd do worse or he'd win games which is worse. I love how Tebow is hot garbage but he's a threat to win games you shouldn't. For the sake of discussion I wish everyone could pick a side and stick with it.

Let me start.

I think the Jaguars as a whole are hot phucking garbage. They could drop almost everyone from the offense but MJD and probably do better in the NFL with the cast of the Replacements. I honestly think grabbing Tebow is a smart move and that they honestly couldn't win enough games to not end up first in the draft. It wouldn't matter anyways because, for the most part, Jacksonville can't draft for ****. Hindsights 20/20 and whatnot, but it's true. They'd pick up a bust QB, a punter in the second, then draft a great player they'll trade for a ****ty CB.

Pick up Tebow plus a couple WRs familiar with the option, all dirt cheap, and pretend you're trying to win. Lose. Scapegoat Tebow and build fresh next season.

It's got all the benefits of sticking with Gabbert, with the added benefit of making more money, making fans think you care, and shutting up millions of Tebow nuts. And yes they number in the millions. Sure only twelve or so showed up to that joke of a rally but let me give you a tip: Americans are phucking lazy. They won't even show up in respectable numbers to elect the man that's going to lead them for the next four years and have a drastic impact on their lives, so it's no surprise a large majority wouldn't show up to a rally for for a guy that will entertain them once a week.