PDA

View Full Version : Why suicide rate among veterans may be more than 22 a day

ymer
09-21-2013, 06:45 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/21/us/22-veteran-suicides-a-day/index.html

Mirin the fruits of "fighting for our freedomzz"

IraHays
09-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Tie a yellow ribbon around my tree and remember its worth it because they are protecting my freedomz from third world countries.

tk217
09-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Part of the problem, she says, is that there is no uniform reporting system for deaths in America. It's usually up to a funeral director or a coroner to enter veteran status and suicide on a death certificate. Veteran status is a single question on the death report, and there is no verification of it from the Defense Department or the VA.

"Birth and death certificates are only as good as the information that is entered," Ritch says. "There is underreporting. How much, I don't know."

That isn't exactly true.

You can be buried in a VA plot as a choice of being a VA. The reality is people on suicide watch are not really in their right mind and aren't considering where they want to be buried and don't often have wills.

Claiming under-reporting when people may not want to be espoused as VA at their death even without suicide is negligible. Counting drug over doses as suicide versus taking too many drugs is also in my mind "fluffing."

it isn't like this isn't already an issue and at the front of the line.

ICrapBig
09-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Calling out nutsy, why haven't you commited suicide yet?

Internet warfare does not lead to PTSD, but it does lead to bullycide.