PDA

View Full Version : Is Ted Bridgewater the most overrated college football player???(srs)

evansanity
09-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Lol watched him vs OU, yeah his stats were great but OU was awful and he still managed to make mistakes...My thoughts are that if he were to play a legit B1G/SEC/PAC school he'd get raped. I think he is very overrated. If Kenny Guiton were to play for UL and have that soft of schedule he'd easily have more impressive stats. If I were an NFL team I'd stay away from this guy, prolly just end up as another Jay Gurden.

Trapstar4.4
09-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah it sucks that we won't get to see him have a "man the fck up" game where he has to fight against a tough defense and smash on an NfL bound QB on the other sideline

Sublime88
09-18-2013, 06:17 PM
would love to see him play bama in the NC

ImaGooner
09-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Lol watched him vs OU, yeah his stats were great but OU was awful and he still managed to make mistakes...My thoughts are that if he were to play a legit B1G/SEC/PAC school he'd get raped. I think he is very overrated. If Kenny Guiton were to play for UL and have that soft of schedule he'd easily have more impressive stats. If I were an NFL team I'd stay away from this guy, prolly just end up as another Jay Gurden.

So you're judging him off one game in which he put up really good stats?? Makes sense. Why don't you look at what he did against Florida last year in the Sugar Bowl? The kid is a winner and he can't help that Louisville has a shyt schedule. Will he be a great NFL QB? Don't know but I wouldn't write him off after he "managed to make mistakes" in one game.

darknessmanX
09-18-2013, 06:24 PM
i agree he's getting overhyped, it's actually a disservice and unfair to the kid.

My thoughts are that if he were to play a legit B1G/SEC/PAC school he'd get raped.

did you not see him pick apart Florida?

evansanity
09-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Yeah it sucks that we won't get to see him have a "man the fck up" game where he has to fight against a tough defense and smash on an NfL bound QB on the other sideline

Yeah hopefully they play a solid team in a bowl game like Bama or tOSU.

So you're judging him off one game in which he put up really good stats?? Makes sense. Why don't you look at what he did against Florida last year in the Sugar Bowl? The kid is a winner and he can't help that Louisville has a shyt schedule. Will he be a great NFL QB? Don't know but I wouldn't write him off after he "managed to make mistakes" in one game.

Florida is trash.

evansanity
09-18-2013, 06:25 PM
i agree he's getting overhyped, it's actually a disservice and unfair to the kid.

did you not see him pick apart Florida?

Florida is trash....BGSU and Toledo held their own verse them the passed two seasons. And they just got raped by an ACC school LOL. Kenny Guiton would put up massive number en route to a big win vs Florida

darknessmanX
09-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Florida is trash....BGSU and Toledo held their own verse them the passed two seasons. And they just got raped by an ACC school LOL. Kenny Guiton would put up massive number en route to a big win vs Florida

correct, that florida team had an inflated record and really wasn't that great. but teddy still tore them up, first time i really got to see him in action.

we'll have to wait and see if he's as good as they say he might be. he's a pocket passer with a nice touch pass, he will get eaten alive behind a weak O-line.

Mrs Grudge
09-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Most overrated college football player? Huh? He's projected to be the best QB of his class, unless you think there's a better QB I don't get how he is overhyped. His hype is no where near someone like Andrew Luck's.

niknguyen
09-18-2013, 06:36 PM

this.

what was his stats last game? i remember he was doing ****ty as fck vs. UK

would love to see him play bama in the NC

no way, no how. have you seen that poverty schedule? they fcked up by only winning by 14 vs UK. their opponents horrible win % wont help either.

Most overrated college football player? Huh? He's projected to be the best QB of his class, unless you think there's a better QB I don't get how he is overhyped. His hype is no where near someone like Andrew Luck's.

i prefer tahj boyd or marriota over bridgewater though. but they are top 3 QBs of this class. yeah marriota plays weak comp too, i know

ImaGooner
09-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Cites Kenny Guiton as a superior QB
Cites Louisville's shyt schedule

Ohio State has played against Buffalo, San Diego, and California...strong tougher schedule

evansanity
09-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Cites Kenny Guiton as a superior QB
Cites Louisville's shyt schedule

Ohio State has played against Buffalo, San Diego, and California...strong tougher schedule

All better than the teams UL played

outfoxxed
09-18-2013, 07:23 PM

luck wasnt exactly overhyped though. dudes living up to the hype imo

niknguyen
09-18-2013, 07:28 PM
luck wasnt exactly overhyped though. dudes living up to the hype imo

this. didnt he lead the rookies in wins and game winning drives? did more with less than the other rookie QBs as well.

repos
09-18-2013, 07:39 PM

Florida is trash.

Dumbest sht ive seen in a while. Florida defense = A+.

BullStampede
09-18-2013, 07:42 PM
lol another evansanity thread gets tons of bites.

5x10
09-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Can't deny his accuracy and he was sacked 28 and 33 times in the last 2 yrs, so there is pressure

waytoodeep03
09-19-2013, 07:02 AM

Florida is trash.

These are potato statements. Im the biggest Florida hater but I still recognize that they have a legit defense. Their offense might suck rocks the past few years since muschamp got there but the defense has remained elite.

Dude get your head out of the clouds. Teddy B is legit.

NoSauceAdded
09-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Teddy is hot garbage. Go back and watch him against Kentucky last week. He struggled mightily against one of the worst teams in the SEC.

niknguyen
09-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Teddy is hot garbage. Go back and watch him against Kentucky last week. He struggled mightily against one of the worst teams in the SEC.

to his defense that's a rivalry game, but i completely agree. he has looked like a god vs. an ohio team that might not even make it to .500 out of the MAC and a FCS eky team.

marcus mariota is the most underhyped! everyone has forgotten about him all of a sudden

TBProdigy
09-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Geno Smith V2

LikeAMachine
09-19-2013, 09:19 AM
I have not seen Teddy play, so I can't really comment.

I have seen Aaron Murray, Johnny Manziel and Tahj Boyd play, so from that perspective this QB class looking joocy.

FlashWad3
09-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Wait he had one bad game last weekend so we judge him on that but we can't judge him on all the other games he's played because college football is easy and everyone except the top 5 suck.

Makes sense man. You idiots obviously look at his box score at the end of games and see if he plays well. If you would actually watch his games you would realise he has amazing awareness as well as elite throwing ability. He can also make plays with his legs but is mainly a pocket passer. You can be playing the ****tiest D in all sports but when you can thread a needle with a pass while there's 3 defenders around that's a good play

niknguyen
09-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Wait he had one bad game last weekend so we judge him on that but we can't judge him on all the other games he's played because college football is easy and everyone except the top 5 suck.

Makes sense man. You idiots obviously look at his box score at the end of games and see if he plays well. If you would actually watch his games you would realise he has amazing awareness as well as elite throwing ability. He can also make plays with his legs but is mainly a pocket passer. You can be playing the ****tiest D in all sports but when you can thread a needle with a pass while there's 3 defenders around that's a good play

garbage defenses = a **** load of time to pass the ball
garbage defenses = time to read the defense
garbage defenses = no pressure

there is absolutely no proof that he can consistently read defenses and make the plays under pressure. these are the teams that he has played this season and last season:

rutgers - 47th in pass d last season
uconn (lost) 31st in pass d
syracuse (lost) 73rd in pass d
temple 74th in pass d
cincinatti 96th in pass d
USF 100th in pass d
Pitts 24th in pass d
USM 41st in pass d
FIU 99th in pass D
UNC 89th in pass d
missouri state FCS team
kentucky 2x 66th in pass d last season
eastern kentucky
ohio
florida 14th in pass d

1 team in the top 15 in pass D last season. strong competition. granted he did good vs. florida, be real. he has played a completely cupcake schedule. hell he was fairly avg vs. that florida team. 20/32 266 yards 2td/1int. had to do more with how incompetent florida's offense was more than how good UL's offense and bridgewater was.

repos
09-19-2013, 01:05 PM

Florida is trash.

there is absolutely no proof that he can consistently read defenses and make the plays under pressure. these are the teams that he has played this season and last season:

temple 74th in pass d
USF 100th in pass d
Pitts 24th in pass d
USM 41st in pass d
FIU 99th in pass D
UNC 89th in pass d
missouri state FCS team
eastern kentucky
ohio
florida 14th in pass d

1 team in the top 15 in pass D last season. strong competition. granted he did good vs. florida, be real. he has played a completely cupcake schedule. hell he was fairly avg vs. that florida team. 20/32 266 yards 2td/1int. had to do more with how incompetent florida's offense was more than how good UL's offense and bridgewater was.

oh nice where bringing out stats now

Johnny Football

and Taj

Can you post total pass defense stats of teams they faced also? So we can compare, instead of taking your shtty statistics @ face value

LikeAMachine
09-19-2013, 01:16 PM
It has been proven time and time again that the players who transition best to the NFL were the guys who faced the stiffest competition.

I made the same argument on Clausen vs Bradford.

Clausen padded his stats against scrubs.

Zylantypic
09-19-2013, 03:04 PM
OP called Florida ****ty (the overall team is, the defense is top 3 in CFB) so that shows how much merit his opinion holds. Bridgewater has all the intangibles to be a successful NFL QB. Sometimes you play under to shiity teams because you know you're so good, happened to Andrew Luck when he was in college many times.

Plus he still put up what? 4 TDs in the game anyway? Lulz.

evansanity
09-19-2013, 03:07 PM
I think Kenny Guiton is better.

niknguyen
09-19-2013, 05:24 PM
oh nice where bringing out stats now

Johnny Football

and Taj

Can you post total pass defense stats of teams they faced also? So we can compare, instead of taking your shtty statistics @ face value

Bridgewater had a whopping 27 td passes last season vs those poverty defenses.

swagzilla05
09-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Dumbest thread I've opened all day

Baylorballs
09-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Lol watched him vs OU, yeah his stats were great but OU was awful and he still managed to make mistakes...n.

i had to think... wait, when did they play Oklahoma ???

am i to assume Ohio is "OU" ???? oh my.... that's gotta be illegal or something

ImaGooner
09-20-2013, 05:45 AM
It has been proven time and time again that the players who transition best to the NFL were the guys who faced the stiffest competition.

I made the same argument on Clausen vs Bradford.

Clausen padded his stats against scrubs.

Notsureifsrs

Joe Flacco played at Delaware against scrubs

Andy Dalton played at TCU against scrubs

Tony Romo played at Eastern Illinois against scrubs

Alex Smith played at Utah against scrubs

Ben Rothlisburger played at Miami Ohio against scrubs

Colin Kaepernick played at Nevada against scrubs

I see 2 Super Bowl winning QBs in that list, another that got to the Super Bowl last year, and a couple other promising young QBs. So basically your theory is garbage.

gentao
09-20-2013, 05:47 AM
arent most overrated til they start in the nfl

FlashWad3
09-20-2013, 07:31 AM

temple 74th in pass d
USF 100th in pass d
Pitts 24th in pass d
USM 41st in pass d
FIU 99th in pass D
UNC 89th in pass d
missouri state FCS team
eastern kentucky
ohio
florida 14th in pass d

What do you want him to do dickhead....transfer to a SEC team just to play against top passing D to prove himself to phaggots?

He lit up Florida D (who last season were pretty good) in a BOWL GAME (the biggest games of half these guys college careers ) IN FRONT OF A NATIONAL AUDIENCE. And you phaggots have the audacity to say he can't perform on the big stage?

Brb playing in that game is pressure in itself let alone guys rushing at you.