PDA

View Full Version : Is Bridgewater a better prospect coming out of college than RGIII?

Sublime88
09-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Im a Jags fan and in all likelihood we are gonna have the 1st pick in next years draft. We aint getting Clowney because even if he got 40 sacks in a season our offense would still be terrible. Bridgewater is the frontrunner atm for the #1 overall so ive been reading up on him a bit. Some say he is on par or better than RG3 was coming out, I havent watched any Louisville games so I have no clue about him. Is he as advertised and how successful will he be in the NFL?

CurryTech777
09-17-2013, 03:58 PM
better prospect? no

but 2x the qb.

austin.j.taylor
09-17-2013, 04:00 PM
As bad as it is to say this, it really doesnt matter who they draft. That organization seems flawed at every level.

That being said, I like RG3 quite a bit better than Bridgewater coming out. If they do end up at #1, they should trade back and let someone else take Clowney.

OutWorkedByNo1
09-17-2013, 04:02 PM
only saw 1 game of his which was against Kentucky and saw that he has very good pocket presence, wasn't staring down receivers, & going thru all his reads. his throwing motion is good and gets the ball out in time. he's 6'2 and is a pocket passer which people may be confused with since he's black.

some people may say ' oh he needs to get his weight up tho" but that shouldnt be a big knock on him since he's a QB. he throws a good ball and seems very intelligent.

thats all i got from that 1 game and the little highlight tapes on youtube.

dont know if he's a better prospect than RG3 but seems like a very good player who may have a bright future in the league.

Sublime88
09-17-2013, 04:04 PM
As bad as it is to say this, it really doesnt matter who they draft. That organization seems flawed at every level..
Hey you dont say that

TBProdigy
09-17-2013, 04:05 PM
The next Geno Smith

jross2021
09-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Hey you dont say that

Just how it is man. Some teams.just need a restart. New owner, new coaches, new players, heck maybe even a new city. Its no coincidence teams like the steelers, cowboys, 49ers and packers always find their way back to dominance while teams like the browns and jags are always on bottom.

phillyfreak7
09-17-2013, 04:17 PM
I like Bridgewater more than Luck, but not Griffin. Teddy has it all, he's going to be a damn good one in the NFL.

Sublime88
09-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Just how it is man. Some teams.just need a restart. New owner, new coaches, new players, heck maybe even a new city. Its no coincidence teams like the steelers, cowboys, 49ers and packers always find their way back to dominance while teams like the browns and jags are always on bottom.
We got a new owner and we got new coaches. But ever since 08 we've been in rebuilding mode. mainly because we dont have a compenent QB. Whoever it is Bridgewater, boyd, marriota, hundley idgaf who we get we just need a guy to come in here and give us hope.

also, we got some talent on the team but nobody on the team believes in our QB. They lost faith in Blaine last year

OutWorkedByNo1
09-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I like Bridgewater more than Luck, but not Griffin. Teddy has it all, he's going to be a damn good one in the NFL.

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/116/z8ys.jpg

Ruckus91
09-17-2013, 04:22 PM
As a prospect I'd say yes but obviously that doesn't necessarily mean he will be successful. Much better pocket passer, much less mobile so it probably depends on what you want.

niknguyen
09-17-2013, 04:46 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/116/z8ys.jpg

perfect response. lol @ rgknee picking up some garbage time stats to make his stats respectable this year. look at his stats in the first half when his team isnt playing vs. prevent defenses. if he cant run he cant do ****

FMCMuscle
09-17-2013, 04:57 PM
perfect response. lol @ rgknee picking up some garbage time stats to make his stats respectable this year. look at his stats in the first half when his team isnt playing vs. prevent defenses. if he cant run he cant do ****

A 2nd year QB playing 8 months after knee reconstruction is struggling. who would have thought? you are the 2nd smallest tard in this thread.

OutWorkedByNo1
09-17-2013, 04:57 PM
perfect response. lol @ RGTebow picking up some garbage time stats to make his stats respectable this year. look at his stats in the first half when his team isnt playing vs. prevent defenses. if he cant run he cant do ****

fixed for you brah.

niknguyen
09-17-2013, 04:58 PM
A 2nd year QB playing 8 months after knee reconstruction is struggling. who would have thought? you are the 2nd smallest tard in this thread.

Redskins-Wizards-O's

its ok. your QB is exposed as an athlete that plays QB. dont be butthurt. cousins is a better pocket passer.

FMCMuscle
09-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Redskins-Wizards-O's

its ok. your QB is exposed as an athlete that plays QB. dont be butthurt. cousins is a better pocket passer.

Cousins has thrown the ball 48 times and 3 of them were picks. You can have him after Matty Ice chokes again.

Stats: 5'7", 168 lbs

shh no tears, only Matt Ryan choking again

niknguyen
09-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Cousins has thrown the ball 48 times and 3 of them were picks. You can have him after Matty Ice chokes again.

Stats: 5'7", 168 lbs

shh no tears, only Matt Ryan choking again

lol at you throwing your best chance of winning under the bus.

inb4 lions tear that ass up and skins go 0-3

Mrs Grudge
09-17-2013, 05:11 PM
RG3 is playing hurt lol, did you guys not see him play last year?

Personally, if you get the #1 draft pick you should take the most talented guy, makes no sense to draft for position when your a bottom feeder.

Bridgewater would turn that franchise around. They actually have good pieces all around, they just have the worst starting QB in the league.

AgRyan
09-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Seems more like a russel Wilson type IMO

GetBigyo
09-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Damn, he's black... That definitley changes things .

niknguyen
09-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Seems more like a russel Wilson type IMO

that's a good comparison. pocket passer than can run if needed

no real knock on bridgewater except the teams that he plays. he plays weak defenses so it always looks like its 7on7 out there lol. but he did well vs. florida in the sugar bowl last season.

JmanTheJuiceman
09-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Keep your dirty hands off #1 overall, the Vikes are gettin that fo' sho'

http://gifs.gifbin.com/022012/1340215205_joakim_noah_finger_guns.gif

2 D
09-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Bridgewater is not nearly the athlete that RGIII is, that said I think he is a better presence as a QB. Sharp decision making, crisp passer with nice release and more than enough arm strength to compete at the next level. He also runs a more complicated offense than RGIII did.

ThaWorldIsYours
09-17-2013, 06:04 PM
RGIII may be a better "prospect" than Bridgewater, but JaMarcus Russell was a better prospect than either of them. It means nothing.

Frankly I would rather have Bridgewater. I prefer pocket passers, and if they have that added mobility like Rodgers or Wilson that's great too, but primarily what I'm looking for at QB is the prototypical Manning/Brady/Brees/Luck guy who can dominate games on his arm

JmanTheJuiceman
09-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Bridgewater is not nearly the athlete that RGIII is, that said I think he is a better presence as a QB. Sharp decision making, crisp passer with nice release and more than enough arm strength to compete at the next level. He also runs a more complicated offense than RGIII did.

Agreed good sir, he's gonna look great in purple

Sublime88
09-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Keep your dirty hands off #1 overall, the Vikes are gettin that fo' sho'

http://gifs.gifbin.com/022012/1340215205_joakim_noah_finger_guns.gif
yall suck but AD will win yall a few games, we on the other hand....

aznb01p
09-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Bridgewater is a "smart" QB. But prob won't win Heisman unless the Cards dominate every team they play.

IsLifeRealLife
09-17-2013, 06:23 PM

RG3™ Crew

JmanTheJuiceman
09-17-2013, 06:30 PM
yall suck but AD will win yall a few games, we on the other hand....

You've got it all wrong buddy, MJD is taking you fellars to the glory land this year

gotrice33
09-17-2013, 07:48 PM
get fukin tebow already

ElMariachi
09-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Better quarterback, worse athlete. Take Andrew Luck, make him 6'2", 210, make him black and there you go....Teddy Bridgewater.

phillyfreak7
09-17-2013, 08:16 PM
RGIII may be a better "prospect" than Bridgewater, but JaMarcus Russell was a better prospect than either of them. It means nothing.

Frankly I would rather have Bridgewater. I prefer pocket passers, and if they have that added mobility like Rodgers or Wilson that's great too, but primarily what I'm looking for at QB is the prototypical Manning/Brady/Brees/Luck guy who can dominate games on his armWho said that? I never thought that... I did think Russell was going to be good though.

ThaWorldIsYours
09-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Who said that? I never thought that... I did think Russell was going to be good though.

Russell was called the best prospect since Elway by a lot of people when he came out

roko79
09-17-2013, 09:05 PM
They could draft Andrew Luck and they'll still be cursed