PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Very High Protein Diet.. Help Please, Noob Nutritionist.

Jack3dNoob
09-15-2013, 09:53 PM
My Macros ATM are 60F/175C/300P 2440 Calories.

what I was wondering is how would I go abouts doing a "switch-a-roo" with carbohydrates & Protein, whilst staying lean.

I've noticed that soon As I go higher carbs, I start to bloat / get fat.

any advice, or help is greatly appreciated !

TheeFate
09-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Your fats seem quite low.

The reason you seem bloated eating high carbs is because you retain water. It's all water weight.

Jack3dNoob
09-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Your fats seem quite low.

The reason you seem bloated eating high carbs is because you retain water. It's all water weight.

if it's all water weight, how would I be able to do the switch over, and not retain as much water?

EjnarKolinkar
09-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Bump your fats up to 80-90 range, take it off the protein, save some cash. Edge carbs up whatever makes you happy. go up 10 grams a week for a while, find a happy place.

I would be 80-275-180 if I was at your weight. But a little puffiness means less to me than the better WO's I get on higher carbs. Doesn't meany anything to you though until you experiment.

Gxp23
09-15-2013, 11:44 PM
if it's all water weight, how would I be able to do the switch over, and not retain as much water?

Dont drink water, but you will be at a sever risk of, you know, death.

frankenstein78
09-16-2013, 03:05 AM
Jesus man, the upper end up protein you could possibly need is about 130 grams, assuming you lift real high intensity and do some cardio as well. Up the fat intake closer to 100 grams. Switching to more carbs your muscles will have more glycogen in them, which will bring more water into them. If memory serves, every gram of glycogen will attract about 3 grams of water. It's not bloat - welcome to a natural state for muscles. I'm betting now you're simply continually dehydrated. Your performance should improve.

AlwaysTryin
09-16-2013, 03:35 AM
Jesus man, the upper end up protein you could possibly need is about 130 grams, assuming you lift real high intensity and do some cardio as well. Up the fat intake closer to 100 grams. Switching to more carbs your muscles will have more glycogen in them, which will bring more water into them. If memory serves, every gram of glycogen will attract about 3 grams of water. It's not bloat - welcome to a natural state for muscles. I'm betting now you're simply continually dehydrated. Your performance should improve.

Doesn't mean he can't consume more protein

WonderPug
09-16-2013, 04:42 AM
I'm curious about why your protein intake is so astonishingly high and your dietary fat intake is very low.

I presume you don't care about health, but still, why do that?

JoshSway
09-16-2013, 05:33 AM
My Macros ATM are 60F/175C/300P 2440 Calories.

what I was wondering is how would I go abouts doing a "switch-a-roo" with carbohydrates & Protein, whilst staying lean.

I've noticed that soon As I go higher carbs, I start to bloat / get fat.

any advice, or help is greatly appreciated !

Too much protein, what's the point of 300g? To directly answer your question, yes, you can do a switch-a-roo. Water weight can easily be shed in short periods of time.

Jack3dNoob
09-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Thankyou for the feedback, greatly appreciated. Looking for more input.

Jack3dNoob
09-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Bump

DatMurse
09-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Thankyou for the feedback, greatly appreciated. Looking for more input.
I think it may be the food associated with the "high carb".

Just keep eating the same thing consistently and your body will normalize

fletcherandrew9
09-16-2013, 04:29 PM
i have a funky feeling your eating carbs for a couple of days getting water retention and then freaking out........Give it time and trust me you will stabilise and it wont be an issue. Keep your water intake high.

WMLifting
09-16-2013, 06:23 PM
I gained weight and looked fatter after increasing my carb intake to 400g, but again its glycogen. Their is nothing wrong with above recomended intake for protein if you have sufficient room for other macronutrients, which you don't. Would rather look full and hit PR's than go low carb super high protein and be shyting bricks...

Rbdbld
09-16-2013, 06:49 PM
I'd go something like 80 fat and 130 protein, rest carbs.