PDA

View Full Version : The NFC is on notice.

aksnowbrder
09-15-2013, 09:42 PM
The niners are not who you thought they were. The hawks can wreck anyone at anytime. That is all.

hublife
09-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Here is what I learned this week as a Niners fan.

1) Seattle is the best team in football right now... at home

2) San Francisco is one of the worst teams in football... in Seattle

Not worried about the performance as much as I am the injuries.

EvilChicken
09-15-2013, 09:46 PM

This. Here's to hoping everyone aside form Ian Wiliams (whose ankle is broken) is alright.

aksnowbrder
09-15-2013, 09:50 PM

There's no doubt we have an amazing homefield advantage. But if the niners were the team that they're hyped to be, they should have overcome that- let alone let themselves get stomped the way they did.

Don't get me wrong, despite the rivalry I really like the niners because they're built the exact same way the hawks are. I just think the hawks adapt better to whatever team they're playing

NWDub
09-15-2013, 09:56 PM

49ers are still a solid ass team, as a hawk's fan, I did not even try to hope for what happened to night. I hoped for a win, just give us 1 point over the 9ers and I will be happy. I'm nervous on how they will play at SF late this season, as well as how the hawks will play in the 6 or something 10am games they have.

HoustonMiscer
09-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Feelsgoodman that the Texans are not in the NFC. Holy chit Texans would get wrecked not even gonna lie

repos
09-15-2013, 09:58 PM
my boy Reid got hurt :( :(. a pick both games he played, play maker, possible pro bowler, and staple of the defense. wtf bruh

hublife
09-15-2013, 10:03 PM
There's no doubt we have an amazing homefield advantage. But if the niners were the team that they're hyped to be, they should have overcome that- let alone let themselves get stomped the way they did.

Don't get me wrong, despite the rivalry I really like the niners because they're built the exact same way the hawks are. I just think the hawks adapt better to whatever team they're playing

So let me get this straight. Seattle beat the Niners in Seattle last year in similar fashion... and then the Niners went on to the Superbowl but somehow a week 2 loss means they aren't "who we thought they were"?

Am I understanding correctly?

It's September. I realize you've never watched your team win a game after January 25th but at least pretend you know it's still summer.

aksnowbrder
09-15-2013, 10:04 PM
49ers are still a solid ass team, as a hawk's fan, I did not even try to hope for what happened to night. I hoped for a win, just give us 1 point over the 9ers and I will be happy. I'm nervous on how they will play at SF late this season, as well as how the hawks will play in the 6 or something 10am games they have.

I think our rivalry is the best in the nfl for this reason. The fans don't hate each other really, we just enjoy the fact that there's so much drama between our players/coaches. We also are so used to having the worst division in the NFC that it's just nice to bring this much attention to the west.

aksnowbrder
09-15-2013, 10:08 PM
So let me get this straight. Seattle beat the Niners in Seattle last year in similar fashion... and then the Niners went on to the Superbowl but somehow a week 2 loss means they aren't "who we thought they were"?

Am I understanding correctly?

It's September. I realize you've never watched your team win a game after January 25th but at least pretend you know it's still summer.

We missed the NFC champ game by one bad call to play man coverage instead of blitz against Matt Ryan who did what he always does in that situation. It's not like we got ran out the playoffs in a horrible fashion. I don't hate the niners in fact I loves the way they play up until they play us twice a year.

hublife
09-15-2013, 10:10 PM
We missed the NFC champ game by one bad call to play man coverage instead of blitz against Matt Ryan who did what he always does in that situation. It's not like we got ran out the playoffs in a horrible fashion. I don't hate the niners in fact I loves the way they play up until they play us twice a year.

You ignored my post completely. I never implied that you got ran out of the playoffs. Are we going to arguing about the fact you've never won a game after the third week of January?

It's September. Your team just curb stomped the defending NFC Champs. Enjoy it but don't go full retard.

visionz1234
09-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Today we learned that Seattle are the SB champs at home......again.

hublife
09-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Today we learned that Seattle are the SB champs at home......again.

Don't forget "In September".

aksnowbrder
09-15-2013, 10:15 PM
You ignored my post completely. I never implied that you got ran out of the playoffs. Are we going to arguing about the fact you've never won a game after the third week of January?

It's September. Your team just curb stomped the defending NFC Champs. Enjoy it but don't go full retard.

There is no arguing that fact, why would I bother? I'm a Seahawks fan- believe me I have no delusions of grandeur and no one is more used to being let down than we are, save maybe the lions fans. My point is the niners aren't as invincible as we are led to believe and I personally think their depth is nowhere near as strong as ours is.

We will see how the season plays out but this game may very well decide the NFC west so it's not like it's insignificant either.

Besides like I said above more than anything it's just nice to be drawing this much attention to the west.

visionz1234
09-15-2013, 10:19 PM

this too

hublife
09-15-2013, 10:23 PM
There is no arguing that fact, why would I bother? I'm a Seahawks fan- believe me I have no delusions of grandeur and no one is more used to being let down than we are, save maybe the lions fans. My point is the niners aren't as invincible as we are led to believe and I personally think their depth is nowhere near as strong as ours is.

We will see how the season plays out but this game may very well decide the NFC west so it's not like it's insignificant either.

Besides like I said above more than anything it's just nice to be drawing this much attention to the west.

Who the fuk led you "to believe" anything? Do you just repeat stupid sh!t you hear on Sportscenter? Do you watch the games? If so why did you allow yourself to be "led to believe" that the Niners were more special than they are?

The run game sucked for SF last week... Niners fans were already concerned. The Niners sucked in Seattle last year... again most Niners fans (I actually was dumb enough to think they would win this week comfortably) knew a loss was high probability.

Seattle has better depth along that D-line and Secondary... no doubt. But your receivers are sh!t and so are you TE's. Your advantage is at the RB spot BIG TIME and special teams as well.

I actually love watching Seattle play because of that run game/defense/Wilson

OregonBBinc
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM

if youre talking simply in the here and now then fair enough. but if youre implying the seahawks only play well early in the seasons youd be incorrect. seattle turned it up majorly in the second half of the season last year when they opened up the offense for russel. expect them to only get better when some guys named percy, irvin and clemons come back by mid season lol. brb going to carolina and holding them to 7...brb facts speak for themselves seattles only a home team right? u wot lol.

disclaimer: i fully expect the 49ers to look much better as well the next time we play.

bigcc
09-15-2013, 10:25 PM

this too

we went 2-2 last september

try again

aksnowbrder
09-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Who the fuk led you "to believe" anything? Do you just repeat stupid sh!t you hear on Sportscenter? Do you watch the games? If so why did you allow yourself to be "led to believe" that the Niners were more special than they are?

The run game sucked for SF last week... Niners fans were already concerned. The Niners sucked in Seattle last year... again most Niners fans (I actually was dumb enough to think they would win this week comfortably) knew a loss was high probability.

Seattle has better depth along that D-line and Secondary... no doubt. But your receivers are sh!t and so are you TE's. Your advantage is at the RB spot BIG TIME and special teams as well.

I actually love watching Seattle play because of that run game/defense/Wilson

Why are you so butthurt? Ask why I was led to believe the niners are better than they are and then admit you thought they would win this week? Reading all my posts admitting I like and respect the niners and admitting you like the hawks too? Doesn't seem like we have any points to argue on, we have the same conclusions here and you're still mad bro.

hublife
09-15-2013, 10:29 PM
if youre talking simply in the here and now then fair enough. but if youre implying the seahawks only play well early in the seasons youd be incorrect. seattle turned it up majorly in the second half of the season last year when they opened up the offense for russel. expect them to only get better when some guys named percy, irvin and clemons come back by mid season lol. brb going to carolina and holding them to 7...brb facts speak for themselves seattles only a home team right? u wot lol.

disclaimer: i fully expect the 49ers to look much better as well the next time we play.

we went 2-2 last september

try again

Ermm...I know Seattle is solid late in the year. I was making a joke about "some" Seattle fans celebrating the Superbowl in September. Not actually the TEAM playing a certain way.

Twas a joke, fellas.

Why are you so butthurt? Ask why I was led to believe the niners are better than they are and then admit you thought they would win this week? Reading all my posts admitting I like and respect the niners and admitting you like the hawks too? Doesn't seem like we have any points to argue on, we have the same conclusions here and you're still mad bro.

I'm not butthurt. But you started a thread as if you had some profound wisdom about either team shown to you during week 2.

Like I said. Seattle OWNS San Francisco. Your team was built specifically to BEAT San Francisco.

However, you don't play SF every week and unfortunately it's week 2.

Respect brah, not butt hurt in the least.

aksnowbrder
09-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Ermm...I know Seattle is solid late in the year. I was making a joke about "some" Seattle fans celebrating the Superbowl in September. Not actually the TEAM playing a certain way.

Twas a joke, fellas.

I'm not butthurt. But you started a thread as if you had some profound wisdom about either team shown to you during week 2.

Like I said. Seattle OWNS San Francisco. Your team was built specifically to BEAT San Francisco.

However, you don't play SF every week and unfortunately it's week 2.

Respect brah, not butt hurt in the least.

In that case, reps. I still disagree with your first two points but at least there's legitimate debate there. I still think in week 12 when the niners are 8-3 ish, teams will be looking at tapes from this game trying to figure out how we beat them. Which means there is definitely some wisdom to be taken from this.

I also don't think we were built to beat Sf, I think we were built to win, and built to last 17 weeks or more- exact same as the niners are built which will make it a great matchup every single time

hublife
09-15-2013, 10:49 PM
In that case, reps. I still disagree with your first two points but at least there's legitimate debate there. I still think in week 12 when the niners are 8-3 ish, teams will be looking at tapes from this game trying to figure out how we beat them. Which means there is definitely some wisdom to be taken from this.

I also don't think we were built to beat Sf, I think we were built to win, and built to last 17 weeks or more- exact same as the niners are built which will make it a great matchup every single time

No team is going to be able to use this game film... Name another team with two shut down corners, a D-line rotation that goes 8 deep and a Top 3 RB?

I'll wait. Like I said... Seattle was built to beat the Niners. If I were a Seattle fan my only concern would be the same one I'm having as a Niners fan..."Why do we look so bad in away games?"

Slats7
09-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Goodnight Sun
Goodnight Moon
Goodnight Tattoo Boy
From the Legion of Boom

aksnowbrder
09-15-2013, 10:54 PM
No team is going to be able to use this game film... Name another team with two shut down corners, a D-line rotation that goes 8 deep and a Top 3 RB?

I'll wait. Like I said... Seattle was built to beat the Niners. If I were a Seattle fan my only concern would be the same one I'm having as a Niners fan..."Why do we look so bad in away games?"

You could use that argument for any team in the league using film from any game- the dilemma is not "how can we be the team that beats the niners", it's "how can we adapt the formula that beats the niners within the constraints of the team we have?"

The away games dilemma is one that ill hold judgement on until later in the season, that's where we get back into the point that it's only week 2.

hublife
09-15-2013, 11:00 PM
You could use that argument for any team in the league using film from any game- the dilemma is not "how can we be the team that beats the niners", it's "how can we adapt the formula that beats the niners within the constraints of the team we have?"

The away games dilemma is one that ill hold judgement on until later in the season, that's where we get back into the point that it's only week 2.

I'm just saying that you've got to really appreciate the depth you've got on that D-line + talent in that secondary. I don't know of any other NFL team that boasts that kind of depth in those two areas which is why I was saying the film for "stopping" the Niners is basically going to consist of "try and trade for Seattle's defense". LULZ

The away game thing has been an issue for both teams... Hopefully not anymore.

Dave P
09-15-2013, 11:02 PM
People always put too much emphasis on a single game.

49ers lost to the Vikings last year and went to the Superbowl.

Sh!t happens...I'd be alot more concerned if we played our best game and got blown out but we didnt...we played as poorly as we can, sometimes you just suck and everything goes against you.

It happens.

Its a long season.

L0lJ0ker3
09-15-2013, 11:21 PM
my boy Reid got hurt :( :(. a pick both games he played, play maker, possible pro bowler, and staple of the defense. wtf bruh

I feel the same way that sh*t devastated me

The_Albatross
09-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Seahawks barely beat the Panthers.

Not impressed.

OregonBBinc
09-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Seahawks barely beat the Panthers.

Not impressed.

as in shut them down defensively? browner has been banged up but will be healthy, avril is just getting back into the rotation, clemons will come back, irvin will come back. idk about hill. point=the seahawks d should* only get better. if and when the offense finally starts putting up better numbers (percy coming back mid season btw) the d will only play better as they are made to pass rush and play coverage aka play with the lead. time will tell if they can keep it all together but the seahawks d has the potential to be something special.

visionz1234
09-15-2013, 11:58 PM

lolwut

8-0 at home, 3-5 on the road last season. Trollhawks have to do more than dominate at home to do big things. Scoring 12 against Carolina is already a preview of their road performances.

aksnowbrder
09-16-2013, 12:03 AM
lolwut

8-0 at home, 3-5 on the road last season. Trollhawks have to do more than dominate at home to do big things. Scoring 12 against Carolina is already a preview of their road performances.

Speaking of troll, you realize the Niners edged out the division because of a TIE in overall AND divisional record last year right? GTFO

insane to think every divisional game isnt going to come into play later in the season.

SpiritFighter
09-16-2013, 12:07 AM
lolwut

It was the first game of the season, have some some big pieces missing, and it was a road win. Pls go.

canuck604
09-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Playing at a place like C-link, you must score early and get out in front in order to set the tone and silence the crowd.

If the opposite happens, it becomes a snowball effect and everything just goes downhill from there. That's what happened today. As soon as Seattle got out in front and started having success, the crowd REALLY got into it and the niners basically gave up.

To give Seattle credit however, their coverage was outstanding and it seemed like Kaepernick was standing back there too long trying to find someone, when obviously there was nothing. I feel as if he could have scrambled more, especially with the DBs being occupied with man coverage.

There were quite a few times (other than the Avril sack/forced fumble) where Seattle's D were coming from behind Kaep and had a chance at a strip-sack. He has to show more pocket presence, feel the heat coming, and get rid of the ball or take off.

visionz1234
09-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Speaking of troll, you realize the Niners edged out the division because of a TIE in overall AND divisional record last year right? GTFO

insane to think every divisional game isnt going to come into play later in the season.

Seahawks on the road = coin toss. That's the point. They're never expected to lose at home, but they lose when it counts. That decides the division. We've already seen them go undefeated at home and they didn't win the division, nor go past round 2 of the playoffs. So no, this home game really doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. Their win over Carolina really means more out of the two in the bigger picture.

spillmouse
09-16-2013, 12:41 AM
big win by hawks ,l no superbowl was won in week 2 though

aksnowbrder
09-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Seahawks on the road = coin toss. That's the point. They're never expected to lose at home, but they lose when it counts. That decides the division. We've already seen them go undefeated at home and they didn't win the division, nor go past round 2 of the playoffs. So no, this home game really doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. Their win over Carolina really means more out of the two in the bigger picture.

While what you're saying about the coin toss is true about previous Seahawks teams, I think that mold has been broken in the Seahawks eyes, their fans' eyes, and will be broken in the rest of the country's eyes in the weeks to come. We lost on the road in the first half of last season before Russ was really given the freedom to run the offense - after Pete Car-Troll started to trust him more our road record improved by intense amounts.

LiftLaughLust
09-16-2013, 01:45 AM
http://bit.ly/17ZBFP3

AreolaBorealis
09-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Today we learned that Seattle are the SB champs at home......again.why the fuk do they play the games and we watch the games if we aren't allowed to overreact to them bro

DL Addict
09-16-2013, 04:17 AM
why the fuk do they play the games and we watch the games if we aren't allowed to overreact to them bro

You're allowed to overreact, just not to Seattle, San Fran and Dallas... everyone else is fair game.

iamgenus
09-16-2013, 04:54 AM
It's week 2....

49ers kept the game close but started killing themselves with horrendous penalties and then added more turnovers to the mix with nothing on offense happening. That's a recipe for a blowout every time.

Not happy especially cuz I got no sleep watching that disaster and I'm disappointed in how Colin and the whole offense played but it's still just week two and the team is 1-1. Most 49er fans had this pegged as a loss so nothing really changes.

The biggest question mark for the 49ers now will be how bad the injuries are from this. Losing Ian Williams stinks but if Ray McDonald, Vernon Davis and Eric Reid are out for a long time it will really fuk things up.