PDA

View Full Version : aware me on cooking food for the rest of the week and freezing it

Mammals
09-15-2013, 03:27 PM
aware me on how to properly do this? looks like a great way to save money and keep diet in check, especially since i'm a fat **** and i'm having a hard time trying to cut.

you guys just cook a chit ton of chicken, rice and vegies, but them in 5 tupperwares, freeze and reheat when hungry? would keeping in fridge be better or would it spoil, i feel like freezing would make it taste bad, the do's and don'ts

aware a brahdah

will rep all those who help!

tara19
09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Not a fan of eating older food.
But essentially yes.

1.cook big batches of food
2.seperate into containers
3. put some in fridge
4. freeze some
5. re-heat and consume.

SacramentoZach
09-15-2013, 04:34 PM
I think it would taste bad too after freezing.

I wouldn't do it at all.

tara19
09-15-2013, 04:38 PM
I think it would taste bad too after freezing.

I wouldn't do it at all.

Lasagne and spaghetti seem to taste better after freezing to me.
Never done it with chicken though :S

SacramentoZach
09-15-2013, 04:54 PM

I don't think I've ever frozen cooked food before.

I'm too lazy for meal prep though.

tara19
09-15-2013, 05:35 PM
I don't think I've ever frozen cooked food before.

I'm too lazy for meal prep though.

Living by yourself/single.
Always cook too much :P

Vendetta52
09-15-2013, 05:36 PM

I've done it with chicken and it tastes just the same as if I kept it in the fridge.

gbullock32
09-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Chicken and ground beef freeze and re-heat just fine, steak too, just take it out the night before and put it in the fridge so it can thaw.

mickgee
09-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Personally, I don't think it changes the flavour of the food, but sometimes you can tell that it's not as "fresh". If you're not waiting too long to eat it (0-2 days, depending on food), refrigerate it. You can also whip yourself up some already-prepared food in tupperware containers and then cook it as needed in the microwave - just be sure that you cook whatever it is long enough (for example, chicken).

James199117
09-15-2013, 06:38 PM
umm bro..... why not just cook a bunch of chicken, leave it in a bowl cooked in the fridge same with rice... do it 3-4 days at a time. protein and carbs solved. nuts for fats...... profit???

jmurphy2029
09-15-2013, 06:42 PM
I do it all the time! Cook a weeks worth of meals on Sunday ... Put them in the freezer, eat them through out the week! Easy and saves a lot of time! Doesn't change the flavour! (To me anyways)!