PDA

View Full Version : Eating Bfore Bed

skimmer
08-12-2003, 06:23 PM
What food is best to eat bfore going to sleep? (I need to gain weight)

Fella
08-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Try either a protein shake with casein or micellar casein, or cottage cheese is a good whole-food source of casein. It's a slower-released protein because it forms a gel in your stomach and gradually releases off amino acids. So yeah cottage cheese.

sabreman
08-12-2003, 06:27 PM
I always go with a protein shake. But, I've also heard egg whites are another good food to have before bed. I mix my shakes with chocolate whey protein and fat free milk. It works pretty well. If you have stomach acid problems, the milk will help with that before bed as well.

Fella
08-12-2003, 06:30 PM
I think the whey would go in and out of your system too quickly for it to be good as a night-time protein. I used to mix whey with 1% milk and some peanut butter before I went to bed, but I always woke up in the middle of the night hungry, or wake up in the morning with incredible hunger. Cottage cheese leaves me relatively satisfied till morning.

oddball182
08-12-2003, 08:24 PM
IMO cottage cheese is the cheapest and best source of before-bed nutrition. i think the only thing better would be a protein blend, and that's gunna cost some $$$