PDA

View Full Version : ITT times we were right/wrong about sports

AirCanada
09-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Everyone has had predictions that people gave them **** for but then turned out to be right, as well as predictions that turned out horribly wrong...what are yours phaggots?

Right

- GSW over Dallas in the 1st round of the 2007 playoffs
- Raps finishing top 4 in the East in 2007
- Dallas over Miami in 2011
- Morrison being a bust (people were comparing him to Bird back then
- Denver being better than the Clippers this year

Wrong

- I thought Hasheem Thabeet would be the next Mutombo or at least Theo Ratliff...was calling him Hasheem the Dream
- Thought Bron would choke in 2012 against the Celtics
- Thought the Warriors were a flash in the pan regular season team this year and wouldn't do anything in the playoffs
- Thought Boozer would still be a 20/10 guy on the Bulls

Amillion
09-12-2013, 11:55 AM
I told this dude in a video game(gunbound) back in 2009 to bet on a horse since he was going to the Kentucky Derby that day. Horse name was "Mine That Bird". I was talking out my arse cause I thought I heard one of my favorite local sports anchors at the time saying he was picking #8 so I just passed it along to the guy in the game not knowing the odds or anything. Somehow the horse did win and the guy in the game a few days later told me he was really thinking about betting $20 on the horse but he saw the odds 50-1 and decided not to. Probably my best prediction ever.

Hv8x9x5A49s

CobyWan
09-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Right:

-Miguel Cabrera. I told my friend to pick him up in his fantasy baseball keeper league after his world series with the Marlins. Knew he would be a great hitter and saw the potential of a young Manny Ramirez.
-Russell Wilson. I was one of the very few people that wanted him to start over Flynn before the third game of preseason. Made a bet with my friend that he would start the first game because many people thought Flynn deserved to start because we brought him in free agency and he didn't deserve to lose his spot without a regular season game. I even posted on this board saying that way early on.
-1999 New York Knicks. I loved the makeup of that team. I remember telling my friend they had a legit shot to go deep that year around halfway through the lockout season. He laughed at me.

Wrong:
-Super Bowl last year. I thought the 49ers would beat the Ravens relatively comfortably.
-Reggie Bush. I watched most of his games in college. I would have bet he would have been a mix between prime Chris Johnson and Percy Harvin in the pros. Still hadn't had a terrible career but I thought he would be a game changer.
-Late 2000's Trailblazers. I figured they would be a championship contender for many years. Although they had really bad luck with Roy and Oden.

monsterBEN
09-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Everyone has had predictions that people gave them **** for but then turned out to be right, as well as predictions that turned out horribly wrong...what are yours phaggots?

Right

- GSW over Dallas in the 1st round of the 2007 playoffs ?? GSW is an NBA team, why would they play the cowboys?
- Raps finishing top 4 in the East in 2007 what is "raps" a nickname for? NFC east or AFC?
- Dallas over Miami in 2011 Cowboys have been better than the Dolphins for years
- Morrison being a bust (people were comparing him to Bird back then meh, 8 year career, 6 sacks, 7INT... Hard to expect much from a 3rd round pick
- Denver being better than the Clippers this year Broncos are arguably the best in the west, hard to be wrong about this one

I am confuse.

sdballer5588
09-12-2013, 12:25 PM
OP was never wrong about kobe bryant or the lakers? Fkn lol

Or how about your most well known fuk up of telling us MJ would never do anything stupid like drink or gamble the night before a big game?

You are retarded.

ShadowBarkley
09-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Not enough characters.

Murph0408
09-12-2013, 12:35 PM
the times when we're wrong are more fun to look back at

i swore to anybody that would listen to me that the mets were going straight to the playoffs and probably the world series in 2002 when they brought in alomar, vaughn, burnitz, cedeno, shawn estes. boy did that blow up in everyone's face or what.

sdballer5588
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
the times when we're wrong are more fun to look back at

i swore to anybody that would listen to me that the mets were going straight to the playoffs and probably the world series in 2002 when they brought in alomar, vaughn, burnitz, cedeno, shawn estes. boy did that blow up in everyone's face or what.

14 year old you must have been so embarrassed

This thread sucks.

montecarlo
09-12-2013, 12:46 PM
I am confuse.

negged for disregarding the goat sport.