PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is such a joke

Gerald151
09-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Watching it cuz of the Michigan game and on the scroll at the bottom they have the college leaders today for Total QBR rating.

So I go and look it up and nobody knows the formula besides ESPN. So they tout this stat that they came up with that they consider the best tool to accurately determine how well a QB played, yet they can't tell anyone the formula?

Is this real life?

Zylantypic
09-07-2013, 08:29 PM
We all know which QB's going to lead their QBR this college season.

PatHead
09-07-2013, 08:37 PM
looool never knew this, checked out the wiki

"Further controversy erupted when the Total QBR system gave the Denver Broncos' Tim Tebow a higher rating than the Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers in their respective Week 5 contests in 2011. Noting that Rodgers completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns in a win over the Atlanta Falcons, while Tebow completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown, and six rushes for 38 yards and a touchdown, in a loss to the San Diego Chargers,"

fkn lmao @ espn they can just do whatever they want and not give any fks

sdballer5588
09-07-2013, 08:40 PM
ITT kids 22 and under complain about the largst sports broadcasting medium in the world.

Suck a dck. So sick of these hipster homos dumping on espn. Change the channel, jesus christ.

Darknightbegins
09-07-2013, 08:42 PM

"Further controversy erupted when the Total QBR system gave the Denver Broncos' Tim Tebow a higher rating than the Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers in their respective Week 5 contests in 2011. Noting that Rodgers completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns in a win over the Atlanta Falcons, while Tebow completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown, and six rushes for 38 yards and a touchdown, in a loss to the San Diego Chargers,"

They are a joke

Zylantypic
09-07-2013, 08:50 PM
ITT kids 22 and under complain about the largst sports broadcasting medium in the world.

Suck a dck. So sick of these hipster homos dumping on espn. Change the channel, jesus christ.
I love how you chose the age 22 to keep yourself out of the range of ''kids'' when your 23 fukkin lol. ESPN is terrible, deal with it.

EastCoastNiner
09-07-2013, 08:55 PM

Agreed.

It's become "cool" to criticize ESPN for everything they do. If there's something better out there, tell me what it is. It obviously doesn't exist or you phaggots that keep bitching about ESPN would be watching something else.

Also, they don't act like QBR is the be all and end all of everything. It's one formula that they tried to come up with that would give more points to those that were clutch, but it has major flaws.

I still like a lot of the shows, and I still laugh during SportsCenter with much of the commentary. Stop watching ESPN if you don't like it. You dumb little phaggots probably hate every company and business that has been a million times more successful than you can ever dream of being.

Future24
09-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Agreed.

It's become "cool" to criticize ESPN for everything they do. If there's something better out there, tell me what it is. It obviously doesn't exist or you phaggots that keep bitching about ESPN would be watching something else.

Also, they don't act like QBR is the be all and end all of everything. It's one formula that they tried to come up with that would give more points to those that were clutch, but it has major flaws.

I still like a lot of the shows, and I still laugh during SportsCenter with much of the commentary. Stop watching ESPN if you don't like it. You dumb little phaggots probably hate every company and business that has been a million times more successful than you can ever dream of being.Fox Sports Live>>>>>>>>>> Sportscenter. But they are showing College ball right now so I had to watch ESPN. I regret.

drvillain
09-07-2013, 09:07 PM
I love how you chose the age 22 to keep yourself out of the range of ''kids'' when your 23 fukkin lol. ESPN is terrible, deal with it.

lmao

Gerald151
09-07-2013, 09:08 PM

Sorry, old man. I know you're probably really grateful for ESPN being that when you were my age you had nothing but the newspaper to catch up on scores.

Hard to watch another network when the game I want to watch is only on said network.

Gerald151
09-07-2013, 09:10 PM

lmao ESPN gon ESPN

sdballer5588
09-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Agreed.

I still like a lot of the shows, and I still laugh during SportsCenter with much of the commentary. Stop watching ESPN if you don't like it. You dumb little phaggots probably hate every company and business that has been a million times more successful than you can ever dream of being.

^ lol this. I will still go to ESPN because it is a very reliable source of information and always will be. Hipster phaggots are so annoying.

Fox Sports Live>>>>>>>>>> Sportscenter. But they are showing College ball right now so I had to watch ESPN. I regret.

Speaking of phaggots who think it is hip to hate on ESPN

sdballer5588
09-07-2013, 09:51 PM

Would love to see your tv channel and site history. Willing to bet it is LITERALLY flooded with ESPN site and shows.

Hypocrisy thy name is retard.

Sorry, old man. I know you're probably really grateful for ESPN being that when you were my age you had nothing but the newspaper to catch up on scores.

Hard to watch another network when the game I want to watch is only on said network.

Yikes. I went from 23 years old to a thousand in like 10 seconds. ESPN has been what I watched since I was 8. I have never had any issue with it, because it does EXACTLY what I expect it to, give me scores stats and updates.

What is it like being my former accomplice and now being on the other side of the jimmy line, phaggot?

It's comical that you want a different network that will do LITERALLY the exact same thing ESPN does. What do you hate about them? The anchors? Are you guys literally retarded?

JmanTheJuiceman
09-07-2013, 10:22 PM

http://stuffpoint.com/funny-gifs/image/256621-funny-gifs-citizen-kane-clapping.gif

EastCoastNiner
09-07-2013, 10:23 PM
I don't get what people dislike about it.

Sure, I can see people being annoyed with the Tebow talk, the LeBron talk, etc, but those are polarizing figures that make a company money. Do you really think if there was another major sports network like ESPN that they wouldn't focus on the same topics and athletes? I don't think so Tim. You have to be a full potato to not understand that ESPN cover the topics that will generate the most views and revenue. It's fine if that's the reason you don't like ESPN, but it you think any other current/future sports network wouldn't cover the exact same topics, you're flat out delusional.

Oh, let me guess, people hate First Take? If you haven't figured out by now that Skip Bayless is going to intentionally take a controversial side of a topic, you should go back to first grade. Shows like First Take are for entertainment, and they do a damn good job at that. If people are complaining about Skip Bayless........they're WATCHING him. If you're complaining about him, ESPN is likely making more money because you're watching him.

If anyone hates SportsCenter, I don't know what to tell you. They have the GOAT anchors on SportsCenter without any doubt. There's always at least a few comments that crack me up when I watch it.

At the end of the day, if there was a better network out there, people would be watching it. There's a reason there isn't, and it's because ESPN would trump them, as the other network would probably be very similar, and there would be no point for people to switch over from ESPN. The only way a network would be able to get viewers from ESPN is if they had a completely different format and took a big chance that paid off, which has a snowballs chance in hell of happening.

Honestly, you guys really like Fox Sports 1? I can't take a network seriously when they have people like Regis on it. For the very little time I've watched it, they try too hard to be "cool" The ESPN anchors and personalities don't have to try to be alpha, as they just naturally are.

GooBaaa
09-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Lmao can't believe people still watch espn

Wtf is sport center now
First take is god awful
Anything about sport nations is phucking retarted

Not even sure what else is on that channel but I'm sure it's ****

sdballer5588
09-08-2013, 12:21 AM

Wtf is sport center now
First take is god awful

Haha what? Has no idea what is on a channel aside from

A] The most popular sports show of all time (Sportscenter)

Comes to the conclusion that the channel/company is retarded based on this apparent TOTAL LACK of information and knowledge.

There are so many questions.

GooBaaa
09-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Haha what? Has no idea what is on a channel aside from

A] The most popular sports show of all time (Sportscenter)

Comes to the conclusion that the channel/company is retarded based on this apparent TOTAL LACK of information and knowledge.

There are so many questions.

The whole premise of there tv shows is based around sloppy journalism just to grab the attention of "sports" people

sdballer5588
09-08-2013, 12:30 AM
The whole premise of there tv shows is based around sloppy journalism just to grab the attention of "sports" people

As of August 2013, approximately 97,736,000 American households (85.58% of cable, satellite & telco customers) receive ESPN

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2012/11/09/why-espn-is-the-worlds-most-valuable-media-property-and-worth-40-billion/

Yeah, bunch of sloppy journalism. Unlike Fox Sports 1 which is literally the XFL of sports "journalism" lol

PaddyBoi
09-08-2013, 12:32 AM
ESPN is a Cult Marxist phuck fest and is not to be taken seriously. I'll use the website for box scores and chit like anyone else, but I definitely don't watch the channel anymore, outside of live sporting events.

GooBaaa
09-08-2013, 12:34 AM
As of August 2013, approximately 97,736,000 American households (85.58% of cable, satellite & telco customers) receive ESPN

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2012/11/09/why-espn-is-the-worlds-most-valuable-media-property-and-worth-40-billion/

Yeah, bunch of sloppy journalism. Unlike Fox Sports 1 which is literally the XFL of sports "journalism" lol

Just because they recive ESPN doesn't mean they watch it, I have a bunch of ****ty channels I get and can't cancel them

Where did I say fox sports was better?

sdballer5588
09-08-2013, 12:34 AM
ESPN is a Cult Marxist phuck fest and is not to be taken seriously. I'll use the website for box scores and chit like anyone else, but I definitely don't watch the channel anymore, outside of live sporting events.

"I definitely don't watch the channel anymore"

followed by "outside of live sporting events"

90% of which are...... on ESPN or ESPN subsidiaries like ESPN on ABC. You guys are hilarious.

sdballer5588
09-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Just because they recive ESPN doesn't mean they watch it, I have a bunch of ****ty channels I get and can't cancel them

Where did I say fox sports was better?

You must be watching sports on some unknown channel, or checking yahoo sports for your sporting info lol.

You guys are idiots it's comical watching you backpedal your own retard logic after you said you only know of 3 shows yet would never watch it because..... I guess those shows (1 of which as I stated is by far the most popular sports show OF ALL TIME) are just such trash.

Gerald151
09-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Would love to see your tv channel and site history. Willing to bet it is LITERALLY flooded with ESPN site and shows.

Hypocrisy thy name is retard.

Yikes. I went from 23 years old to a thousand in like 10 seconds. ESPN has been what I watched since I was 8. I have never had any issue with it, because it does EXACTLY what I expect it to, give me scores stats and updates.

What is it like being my former accomplice and now being on the other side of the jimmy line, phaggot?

It's comical that you want a different network that will do LITERALLY the exact same thing ESPN does. What do you hate about them? The anchors? Are you guys literally retarded?

First of all, I'm older than you, ignore stats. Second of all, I'm still your accomplice you dumb phaggot. Robin doesn't always agree with Batman.

I quit liking ESPN when it decided to go out the box. I mean, Jesus Christ, they had a birthday party for Tebow. They don't do that on NFL Network. First Take went full retard with rappers and having Skip Bayless tweeting during the show about what Tebow was saying at his Jets press conference.

What I won't argue about is the analysts. You can't say that ESPN has dumb analysts and not think NFL/MLB Network does too. They're all equally bad/good.

Basically, I'll watch it for sporting events but I no longer tune in for highlights or analyzing because I prefer NFL network or MLB network where there is less fluff imo

ShweezyBTFO
09-08-2013, 12:44 AM
I don't watch ESPN. Srs.

I'd rather watch mike'd up on YES than first take/around the horn/PTI/sportscenter srs

NFL network is all you need

PaddyBoi
09-08-2013, 12:47 AM
"I definitely don't watch the channel anymore"

followed by "outside of live sporting events"

90% of which are...... on ESPN or ESPN subsidiaries like ESPN on ABC. You guys are hilarious.

You seem to be the one that's gotten to here, I'm simply stating that ESPN shouldn't be taken seriously. I don't watch Fox News at all, but if they're the only channel playing a popular trial or perhaps a presidential debate, you can bet your pasty Irish ass I'm tuning in. That doesn't keep me from saying that 99 percent of their other programming is garbage, lol.

GooBaaa
09-08-2013, 12:48 AM
I don't watch ESPN. Srs.

I'd rather watch mike'd up on YES than first take/around the horn/PTI/sportscenter srs

Think only people in the eastern part of the US get YES

sdballer5588
09-08-2013, 12:49 AM
First of all, I'm older than you, ignore stats. Second of all, I'm still your accomplice you dumb phaggot. Robin doesn't always agree with Batman.

I quit liking ESPN when it decided to go out the box. I mean, Jesus Christ, they had a birthday party for Tebow. They don't do that on NFL Network. First Take went full retard with rappers and having Skip Bayless tweeting during the show about what Tebow was saying at his Jets press conference.

What I won't argue about is the analysts. You can't say that ESPN has dumb analysts and not think NFL/MLB Network does too. They're all equally bad/good.

Basically, I'll watch it for sporting events but I no longer tune in for highlights or analyzing because I prefer NFL network or MLB network where there is less fluff imo

I'm fine with these comments, but stop pretending like you are watching something else. Turning on "fox sports 1" or any other dumpy network is the same as throwing ice cubes at the sun. ESPN IS SPORTS. Like it or not, they are synonymous in america.

Those random shows that can suck balls, happen to suck because the channel is on 24 hours a day not like before when it was like 8-12 hours of infomercials in order to fund the sports stuff they actually had to talk about.

You take the good with the bad.

It's 2013, if you don't like first take, change the god damn channel. I literally DO NOT EVEN WATCH MY TV unless I am watching something specific like an ACTUAL GAME or sometimes I will watch sportscenter because believe it or not, the show itself is good.

And what kind of masochist are you that you make a thread shtting on a channel you admittedly watch all the time. I mean fk, if you didn't watch it you wouldn't know it's trash and therefore would never make this thread.

I'm simply wondering what you morons think you are accomplishing with this stuff. You aren't gaining street cred on the sports misc which is literally the only thing ive noticed people seem to care about. This is like some weak ass hipster cult following.

I don't watch ESPN. Srs.

Sportscenter is and always has been legit. Anyone watching around the horn is causing their own problem. That show is retarded.

sdballer5588
09-08-2013, 12:50 AM
You seem to be the one that's gotten to here, I'm simply stating that ESPN shouldn't be taken seriously. I don't watch Fox News at all, but if they're the only channel playing a popular trial or perhaps a presidential debate, you can bet your pasty Irish ass I'm tuning in. That doesn't keep me from saying that 99 percent of their other programming is garbage, lol.

This is hilarious, you literally contradicted yourself in the same sentence, and now we are upset that I am white. Good luck getting this account banned as well whichever nameless faceless troll account 900 you are.

stevemckenna
09-08-2013, 12:51 AM
My brother and I fell asleep to reruns of Sportscenter when we were kids. How can I hate my ESPN?

Gerald151
09-08-2013, 01:00 AM
I'm fine with these comments, but stop pretending like you are watching something else. Turning on "fox sports 1" or any other dumpy network is the same as throwing ice cubes at the sun. ESPN IS SPORTS. Like it or not, they are synonymous in america.

Those random shows that can suck balls, happen to suck because the channel is on 24 hours a day not like before when it was like 8-12 hours of infomercials in order to fund the sports stuff they actually had to talk about.

You take the good with the bad.

It's 2013, if you don't like first take, change the god damn channel. I literally DO NOT EVEN WATCH MY TV unless I am watching something specific like an ACTUAL GAME or sometimes I will watch sportscenter because believe it or not, the show itself is good.

Same. Except for when there is a big sports story like the Hernandez thing or whatever ill tune into NFL Network.

It's not being a hipster, though, to dislike ESPN. Our society has become so fast paced that a lot of people can't be bothered by these meaningless nuggets. If I want to tune in my TV for some highlights, I'll go to NFL network and see highlights. If I tune into ESPN I'll see highlights and fluff. And by fluff I mean little random things that aren't related to my interests.

I listen to ESPN Radio daily. So I'm not anti-ESPN. It's just the stupid arbitrary stats, the Tebow bday parties, the lame fillers that disinterest me from the tv side.

sdballer5588
09-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Same. Except for when there is a big sports story like the Hernandez thing or whatever ill tune into NFL Network.

It's not being a hipster, though, to dislike ESPN. Our society has become so fast paced that a lot of people can't be bothered by these meaningless nuggets. If I want to tune in my TV for some highlights, I'll go to NFL network and see highlights. If I tune into ESPN I'll see highlights and fluff. And by fluff I mean little random things that aren't related to my interests.

I listen to ESPN Radio daily. So I'm not anti-ESPN. It's just the stupid arbitrary stats, the Tebow bday parties, the lame fillers that disinterest me from the tv side.

Those same things attract a very large, very retarded portion of the public. I liked ESPN when it only pertained to 4 sports, all of which I generally enjoy. NASCAR always has and always will, be the most boring 10 minute segment of sportscenter until the absolute day I die. However, I never say I dislike ESPN, because it's not true. I love sports and it is literally 24 hours of sports.

However, it is by definition hipster to hate on the #1 mainstream source of sporting news. That is a fact. Perhaps in the future, make your thread title less general, and we can avoid this conversation, although as we should both note, I greatly enjoy these.

Proactive99
09-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Skip Bayless is my homeboy!!

Gerald151
09-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Those same things attract a very large, very retarded portion of the public. I liked ESPN when it only pertained to 4 sports, all of which I generally enjoy. NASCAR always has and always will, be the most boring 10 minute segment of sportscenter until the absolute day I die. However, I never say I dislike ESPN, because it's not true. I love sports and it is literally 24 hours of sports.

However, it is by definition hipster to hate on the #1 mainstream source of sporting news. That is a fact. Perhaps in the future, make your thread title less general, and we can avoid this conversation, although as we should both note, I greatly enjoy these.

Ya, I'll quit the hyperbole when you quit it. ;)

AmazinJason
09-08-2013, 01:14 AM

I actually agree with you.

iZZmatic
09-08-2013, 01:15 AM

Wtf is sport center now
First take is god awful

Not sure what's happened to outside the lines on weekdays (I listen to the podcasts more now), but that, 30 for 30, and mike and mike our honestly the only things worth watching on ESPN. I mean besides Sports Center obviously.

jtaylor2010
09-08-2013, 04:03 AM
Of all the things Op could pick, he bashes their QB rating?? Who gives a sh!t what they rate QBs at?

Can't stand the pundit shows where it's just a bunch of people arguing over stuff...but their sports coverage, College Gameday, 30 for 30, SEC Storied, and Sports Center are all good. Sometimes their commentators for lower tier college games are bad, but for all the big ones you'll get good-great commentary.

Damn I wish they would've held on to Erin Andrews though.

Future24
09-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Speaking of phaggots who think it is hip to hate on ESPN

I was the original ESPN hater, hater.

J2BDifferent
09-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Espn is cool till they start talking about **** tmz would cover.

Oh and the tebow ****. Lawd it was bad then.

Sports nation is good (even though my bitch left for fox)
Pti (old guys debating sports) love it
Sportcenter is goat (brb top 10 plays)
NFL live goes hard as ****. Highlights on highlights.

Sdballer is an annoying lil prick but I have to agree with him here.
Haters gonna hate

FryDude
09-08-2013, 07:52 AM
What year is this? I don't get why anyone tunes in after games are over.

evansanity
09-08-2013, 08:00 AM
That oldbermann show is cringe worthy as fuk....

Idk ESPN is ok for watching games

EastCoastNiner
09-08-2013, 08:07 AM
So, has anyone e actually given a legitimate reason for why they hate ESPN?

-I don't see how anyone can hate SportsCenter besides it being on for most of the day. They cover a wide range of topics.

-If people dislike First Take or shows like that, that is one thing, but if you're taking those shows very seriously, it's time to re-evaluate your life. Those shows are for pure entertainment.

-I saw someone claim that people on ESPN are "poor journalists". They don't go around acting like journalists. For the most part, they are reporters and analysts, which are NOT the same thing as journalists. They're not going to be winning Pulitzer awards for their sports stories and reports, although I think most of the insiders do a great job with their articles. I also bet 99% of those that "hate" ESPN and their "journalists" are following most of them on Twitter.

Let's put it this way. If the other big boys at CBS and NBC thought they could take down ESPN or at least compete with them, they would try. However, they haven't done so as they would likely fail. Yes, there is Fox Sports 1 and NBC Sports Network, but those are nowhere near the level of ESPN.

Murph0408
09-08-2013, 08:10 AM
how can anybody "hate" ESPN. we'd all be pissing and moaning if ESPN shut down tomorrow and all we were left with was Fox sports, MLB network etc.

does their favoritism to lebron and tebow frustrate you? it is more-so about entertainment than "journalism." if all they did was strict journalism work you wouldn't watch because you'd get bored.
brb
KbZDLnIPTfk

sups31
09-08-2013, 08:13 AM
i lol how one of these threads pops up like once a week.

GooBaaa
09-08-2013, 08:33 AM

-I don't see how anyone can hate SportsCenter besides it being on for most of the day. They cover a wide range of topics.

-If people dislike First Take or shows like that, that is one thing, but if you're taking those shows very seriously, it's time to re-evaluate your life. Those shows are for pure entertainment.

-I saw someone claim that people on ESPN are "poor journalists". They don't go around acting like journalists. For the most part, they are reporters and analysts, which are NOT the same thing as journalists. They're not going to be winning Pulitzer awards for their sports stories and reports, although I think most of the insiders do a great job with their articles. I also bet 99% of those that "hate" ESPN and their "journalists" are following most of them on Twitter.

Let's put it this way. If the other big boys at CBS and NBC thought they could take down ESPN or at least compete with them, they would try. However, they haven't done so as they would likely fail. Yes, there is Fox Sports 1 and NBC Sports Network, but those are nowhere near the level of ESPN.

Sports center is trash

MusicalHam
09-08-2013, 08:37 AM

Suck a dck. So sick of these hipster homos dumping on espn. Change the channel, jesus christ.http://abload.de/img/notredamemichiganemind6s7j.gif

chlaxman
09-08-2013, 08:37 AM

There are certainly legitimate issues with ESPN/ABC. They're way too close with the sports they cover and that leads to some poor reporting and bias (them backing out of the PBS concussion documentary due to the NFL being the latest example). And personally I'm not a fan of most of their content outside of the live sports.

So I don't watch it.