PDA

View Full Version : how to tell if your eating plan is working

TheBearLife
09-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Hey guys wanting to know how to tell if your eating plan is working..

My eating plan consists of this
Five meals a day
All consisting of a cup of brown rice
A cup of ground chicken
And sometimes some vege
I also drink four to five litres of water a day as well as exercise everyday with one rest day..
So my weight was dropping but has stopped..
Wondering if im gaining fat again or the heavy workouts are building muscle

Anyways any advice will be appreciated Thanks in advance :)

ironwill2008
09-03-2013, 10:38 AM

Five meals a day
A cup of ground chicken
And sometimes some vege
I also drink four to five litres of water a day as well as exercise everyday with one rest day..

Anyways any advice will be appreciated Thanks in advance :)

Use your mirror, your scale, and your training logbook.

Those three will tell you everything you need to know about the effectiveness of your program.

PBateman2
09-03-2013, 10:44 AM
^That.

You dont eat fats? Fruits? Dairy?

WonderPug
09-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Five meals a day
A cup of ground chicken
And sometimes some vegeThat sounds remarkably unhealthy.

I hope you have very good health insurance.

jimaras22
09-03-2013, 10:55 AM
One of the best unhealthy meal plans .

Like my broscience friends do . Read the stickies and include a variety of foods.

It's calories in vs out so you need a caloric deficit to lose weight , count your calories and find your tdee.

4-5 liters water a day seems more than needed but it's ok i think if you sweat a lot , moderation is better :P [ like 3 liters]

but because you need to learn some things , read the nutrition/losing fat stickies and you will be ok. Good luck :D

cumminslifter
09-03-2013, 11:48 AM

Five meals a day
A cup of ground chicken
And sometimes some vege

Anyways any advice will be appreciated Thanks in advance :)wow this is brotastic, do you really enjoy eating 5 meals consisting of these things???

TheBearLife
09-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Use your mirror, your scale, and your training logbook.

Those three will tell you everything you need to know about the effectiveness of your program.

Thanks for the advice

TheBearLife
09-03-2013, 12:40 PM
^That.

You dont eat fats? Fruits? Dairy?

...no...I do eat fruit and stuff like oranges pineapple and stuff but my basic most common meal consists if just that....I dont eat dairy though...I guess I fail ?

TheBearLife
09-03-2013, 12:41 PM
That sounds remarkably unhealthy.

I hope you have very good health insurance.

-.- dam...thougt it was healthy -facepalm- got alot to learn damn

TheBearLife
09-03-2013, 12:43 PM
One of the best unhealthy meal plans .

Like my broscience friends do . Read the stickies and include a variety of foods.

It's calories in vs out so you need a caloric deficit to lose weight , count your calories and find your tdee.

4-5 liters water a day seems more than needed but it's ok i think if you sweat a lot , moderation is better :P [ like 3 liters]

but because you need to learn some things , read the nutrition/losing fat stickies and you will be ok. Good luck :D

Sound . Solid advice... only reason I posted is cause the interface is intimidating on this site...will commence sifting asap thanks bro

TheBearLife
09-03-2013, 12:44 PM
wow this is brotastic, do you really enjoy eating 5 meals consisting of these things???

I like brown rice and chicken lol...fml right...anyways as I said to previous responses it is the basic I do eat ither things lol...thought I was doing it right with carbs and proteins lol...

cumminslifter
09-03-2013, 12:53 PM
I like brown rice and chicken lol...fml right...anyways as I said to previous responses it is the basic I do eat ither things lol...thought I was doing it right with carbs and proteins lol...what is your TDEE and macros?

kidkindacool
09-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I can guarantee you one thing with that diet your going to lose fat not gain along with that depending on how hard your training you'll more than likely be losing muscle with that fat.

ironwill2008
09-03-2013, 01:41 PM
I like brown rice and chicken lol...fml right...anyways as I said to previous responses it is the basic I do eat ither things lol...thought I was doing it right with carbs and proteins lol...

Get some red meat in there every a day, and don't neglect veggies. As mentioned, dairy is an excellent source of at least some of everything you need every day.

TheBearLife
09-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Get some red meat in there every a day, and don't neglect veggies. As mentioned, dairy is an excellent source of at least some of everything you need every day.

Lots of veggies and some more read meat...a glass of milk once in a while as well..aha! Thank you for takig the time to give me your input appreciate it !!

TheBearLife
09-03-2013, 02:12 PM
I can guarantee you one thing with that diet your going to lose fat not gain along with that depending on how hard your training you'll more than likely be losing muscle with that fat.

I wanto loose fat and cut my body down...dont wanto lose muscle if anything wanna gain some more...-facepalm of depression-

TheBearLife
09-03-2013, 02:15 PM
what is your TDEE and macros?

Punches face repeatedly...I always forget...I know I need 2300 calories a day so I try cut to 1700 you know a 500 deficit and im pumping heavily weights and sets everyday cept one rest day...my tdee I dont know still need to read up more on it...excuse my stupidity feel like a real dumb kent

Aknomad
09-03-2013, 02:41 PM

I'm assuming you're trying to cut/lose weight? Something that helps me determine if my diet plan is working is to take my body fat percentage every two weeks. Unless you're in competition mode or an athlete needing to keep a constant eye on water weight, I would just do a status check once every two weeks and check everything: weight, body fat percentage, tape measurement, ect.

Also, if you want to maintain the muscle you have, go with adding in HEAVY weight days a few times a week. Low rep, high weight.

Good luck!

Follix
09-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Where are the dietary fats?

TheBearLife
09-04-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm assuming you're trying to cut/lose weight? Something that helps me determine if my diet plan is working is to take my body fat percentage every two weeks. Unless you're in competition mode or an athlete needing to keep a constant eye on water weight, I would just do a status check once every two weeks and check everything: weight, body fat percentage, tape measurement, ect.

Also, if you want to maintain the muscle you have, go with adding in HEAVY weight days a few times a week. Low rep, high weight.

Good luck!

Wonderful thanks so much I am currently lifting as heavy as I can low reps so should see some good cuts this time haha (first cut of my life lol 21 year bulk haha)

TheBearLife
09-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Where are the dietary fats?

Come again?

ELLSKIES
09-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Come again?You're probably under the misguided assumption (from unreliable sources) that eating fat makes you fat, which isn't true. Extra calories from any source (protein, carbohydrate, fat) make us fat, either directly or indirectly through various metabolic processes in the body. Anyway, saturated and monounsaturated fats are very important for health, along with Omega 3 fatty acids. You should check out the stickies at the top of the Nutrition section of this forum for macronutrient guidelines and choose foods that fit those guidelines.

cumminslifter
09-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Punches face repeatedly...I always forget...I know I need 2300 calories a day so I try cut to 1700 you know a 500 deficit and im pumping heavily weights and sets everyday cept one rest day...my tdee I dont know still need to read up more on it...excuse my stupidity feel like a real dumb kenthow do you know you need 2300 cals a day but do not know what TDEE is?

Aknomad
09-05-2013, 10:15 AM
(first cut of my life lol 21 year bulk haha)

Nothing to be ashamed of here ^^

TheBearLife
09-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of here ^^

Haha thanks man...was a lengthy bulk to say the least

TheBearLife
09-08-2013, 01:11 PM
You're probably under the misguided assumption (from unreliable sources) that eating fat makes you fat, which isn't true. Extra calories from any source (protein, carbohydrate, fat) make us fat, either directly or indirectly through various metabolic processes in the body. Anyway, saturated and monounsaturated fats are very important for health, along with Omega 3 fatty acids. You should check out the stickies at the top of the Nutrition section of this forum for macronutrient guidelines and choose foods that fit those guidelines.

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it