PDA

View Full Version : Are chemical weapons the real reason we are going to bomb Syria?

leafs43
09-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Saddam used chemical weapons to commit ethnic cleansing in the north of Iraq. Never got so much as a slap on the wrist.

So why are democrats all the sudden war mongering neo cons?

Ancients
09-01-2013, 08:42 AM
because people are hypocrites, from both sides

just saw some republican congressman go on about how its perfectly okay for obama to bomb syria unilaterally and hoping the house votes to attack as well. yay for small government

cnoland
09-01-2013, 08:54 AM
I personally believe there is another reason that the people are not being told. It is all too suspicious to me.

Days before the "attack" Obama stated that he would only engage Syria if chemical warfare was used. Then bam, chem weapons are used. Seems too planned to me. Either Assad is really trying to test America or something else is going on.

leafs43
09-01-2013, 08:58 AM
I personally believe there is another reason that the people are not being told. It is all too suspicious to me.

Days before the "attack" Obama stated that he would only engage Syria if chemical warfare was used. Then bam, chem weapons are used. Seems too planned to me. Either Assad is really trying to test America or something else is going on.

It's probably Obama's puppet masters want to install a new regime in Syria. One that is more friendly to the US and less friendly to Iran and Russia.

LizzieTish
09-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Saddam used chemical weapons to commit ethnic cleansing in the north of Iraq. Never got so much as a slap on the wrist.
The State Department was glad he did. We gave him the gas.

Because just like the Republicans, the Democrats take orders from the unelected think-tanks like the Council on Foreign Relations that dictate U.S. foreign policy. Far too many people don't realize that the neo-cons were the ones that ordered Obama to illegally attack Libya:

http://gawker.com/5782293/neocons-write-nice-letter-asking-obama-for-war-in-libya
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18k22ild34mnvjpg/original.jpg
President Obama is seriously wearing on the patience of America's most war-loving war lovers, the Washington neoconservatives. Why won't Obama be reasonable and just let them have their endless War in Libya? Muammar Qaddafi is strengthening his grip and moving east, so the window of opportunity for invading another decentralized tribal country and then spending a dozen years there while alienating everyone in the region is closing. And so the neocons have banded together to write Obama a sternly worded letter asking for their war, please, now.

The signatories includes many of the usual bold-faced neocon names who've been writing these same letters demanding wars since forever. Kristol, Kagan, Boot, Podhoretz — these folks wouldn't miss a war-letter signing if it meant skipping mother's funeral.

Here's the full text:

The Honorable Barack Obama
President of the United States
The White House
Washington, DC

March 15, 2011

Dear President Obama:

Regrettably, the international community has yet to take serious action to prevent a moral and humanitarian catastrophe in Libya and the Libyan opposition is now on the defensive. As forces loyal to Muammar Qaddafi push eastward, we are concerned that the brutal and indiscriminate tactics of government forces could lead to additional civilian casualties.

On Saturday, the Arab League endorsed Libyan opposition calls for a no fly zone. We call on you to urgently institute a no fly zone over key Libyan cities and towns in conjunction with U.S. allies. We also call on you to explore the option of targeted strikes against regime assets in an effort to prevent further bloodshed. The United States should also immediately recognize the Libyan National Transitional Council and take all necessary actions to support their efforts to unseat the Qaddafi regime.

In your inaugural address two years ago, you said this: "And so to all other peoples and governments who are watching today, from the grandest capitals to the small village where my father was born: Know that America is a friend of each nation and every man, woman and child who seeks a future of peace and dignity, and that we are ready to lead once more."

Today the United States and its allies should stand with the men, women and children of Libya who seek a future of peace and dignity. The situation in Libya in the coming days will not just impact the Libyan people. As protests continue against repressive regimes around the world, the message currently being conveyed by our inaction is that killing and repression will go unpunished and are the best option for despots seeking to postpone reform.

For the sake of our security as well as America's credibility with people who seek freedom everywhere, we ask you to act as quickly as possible to ensure that the people of Libya – and the world – know that we are willing to back up our principles with action.

Sincerely, Stephen E. Biegun
Max Boot
Ellen Bork
Paul Bremer
Scott Carpenter
Elizabeth Cheney
Eliot Cohen
Seth Cropsey
Thomas Donnelly
Michele Dunne
Eric Edelman
Jamie Fly
Reuel Marc Gerecht
William Inboden
Bruce Pitcairn Jackson
Ash Jain
Robert Kagan
David Kramer
Irina Krasovskaya
William Kristol
Tod Lindberg
Ann Marlowe
Cliff May
Joshua Muravchik
Michael O'Hanlon
Martin Peretz
Danielle Pletka
John Podhoretz
Randy Scheunemann
Gary J. Schmitt
Dan Senor
William Taft
Marc Thiessen
Daniel Twining
Ken Weinstein
Leon Wieseltier
Rich Williamson
Damon Wilson
It certainly wouldn't be a good outcome if Qaddafi was able to regain full power after a murderous rampage, and Obama really put himself in a box by demanding Qaddafi step down without knowing how to ensure that outcome.

But a U.N. agreement for a no-fly zone is still being blocked by Russia and China. The useless Arab League did endorse the idea already, as long as they don't have to enforce it themselves. A no-fly zone also requires bombing many Libyan air bases, and it wouldn't stop all the violence from heavy artillery on the ground. So then, of course, we'd feel compelled to do something about the violence from heavy artillery on the ground. Western European allies in NATO would offer to go along with a ground force, which means that the United States would have to do everything, for years. It likely would be perceived throughout the region as another imperialist American war of aggression. The Arab League leaders would pretend to forget that they ever endorsed the no-fly zone and proceed to play off of the populist anger against foreign occupiers to preserve their own grasps on power. Also, no-fly zones and wars cost "money." And so on.

So the neocons should probably present their case with something more persuasive than a vague five-paragraph letter about morals and human rights and whatever precious lines Obama gave in his inaugural address.

cnoland
09-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Tish, why did you just post so much about Libya?? Qaddafi is old news.

We are talking about the current situation in Syria.

LizzieTish
09-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Tish, why did you just post so much about Libya?? Qaddafi is old news.

We are talking about the current situation in Syria.
The OP asked "So why are democrats all the sudden war mongering neo cons?". They didn't "suddenly" become warmongering neocons with respect to Syria only--they already were with Libya, (because they are puppets that do what they're told). I hope you see the significant relevance now.

nutsy54
09-01-2013, 09:30 AM

Days before the "attack" Obama stated that he would only engage Syria if chemical warfare was used. Then bam, chem weapons are used. Seems too planned to me.
First step in creating a conspiracy theory: Manufacture false "facts" that fit what you want to believe.

Obama's "red line" statement was made in Aug 2012.

aburn92
09-01-2013, 09:42 AM

They are controlled by same people behind the scenes...

Tonyahu
09-01-2013, 09:43 AM
We on that there middle east control game

aburn92
09-01-2013, 09:44 AM
What about the USA helping Saddam kill 50,000 Iranians with chemicals?

Buc-u
09-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Of course not. There is always something greater to gain. All conflicts are entered or avoided for some sort of gain;political, financial, or otherwise.

nick187
09-01-2013, 10:07 AM
It's all a game.

A Big Game.

lol @ human rights.

lol @ WMDs

lol @ giving two fcuks about human life.

lol @ gullible retards that buy into that crap.

Driftslut
09-01-2013, 10:07 AM

B-b-because this time....it's different. :rolleyes:

aburn92
09-01-2013, 10:13 AM
nvmXbFxdaAc

iStinkFist
09-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Looking at the last century and seeing how most wars are started based on lies or half-truths, the new DEFAULT position we should take in any situation like this is that the reason for war is NOT what the government tells us.

LukeLissen
09-01-2013, 10:17 AM
use of chemical weapons:

only one of the reasons; is primary public justification; definately a legitimate reason if true

definately not the only reason though; also getting rid of Assad who is anti-America and pro-Iran, and killing al-Qaeda/getting further entrenched in the muslim extremist world; unlikely to be admitted to initially

ymer
09-01-2013, 10:39 AM
I don't know, but fuk anyone who supports it

cnoland
09-01-2013, 12:34 PM
First step in creating a conspiracy theory: Manufacture false "facts" that fit what you want to believe.

Obama's "red line" statement was made in Aug 2012.

I actually read that on here in one of the other threads..guess thats what i get for not checking the date myself.

good call nutsy

Casser12
09-01-2013, 01:32 PM
nvmXbFxdaAc

Basically this.

Another war for the Jews to pursue their NWO agenda.

jmonty
09-01-2013, 01:36 PM
In for answer.

2k10SS
09-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Thejewsdidthisgif.

aburn92
09-02-2013, 12:08 AM
https://sphotos-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1176334_507771275963700_138469461_n.jpg

http://bloviatingzeppelin.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Evil-US-vs-President-Assad.jpg

LukeLissen
09-02-2013, 12:44 AM
https://sphotos-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1176334_507771275963700_138469461_n.jpg

http://bloviatingzeppelin.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Evil-US-vs-President-Assad.jpg

No proof any of those were real US military. Its most likely Russian or Iranian in origin.
and LOL @ the poser bottom left using a backwards apostrophe! here is a better pic of it -
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1184966_598183463582965_1654028539_n.jpg

LOL @ you posting that anti-American propaganda picture with America as the devil and Assad in white. Assad has been murdering his people for a long time before America started discussing intervention. At least you openly show your true colors unlike many of the other anti-American propagandists around here.

eltigar
09-02-2013, 02:56 AM
so , in a few months will we still be waiting for america to strike assad next week?

ZioBot
09-02-2013, 03:12 AM
nvmXbFxdaAc

http://rense.com/1.imagesH/nath3.jpg

how can anyone take this thing seriously?! but why would Israel want the US to handle Syria when Israel can handle Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Algeria, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Saudi, Sudan, and the PLO SIMULTANEOUSLY?!!!!! All of those states that are not now allies are now far weaker than they were during the 6 day war, Israel is about 12 times stronger! You mad?!

You silly muppet.

ZioBot
09-02-2013, 03:14 AM
so , in a few months will we still be waiting for america to strike assad next week?lol

plz go Obama you're embarrassing.

eltigar
09-02-2013, 04:04 AM
http://rense.com/1.imagesH/nath3.jpg

how can anyone take this thing seriously?! but why would Israel want the US to handle Syria when Israel can handle Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Algeria, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Saudi, Sudan, and the PLO SIMULTANEOUSLY?!!!!! All of those states that are not now allies are now far weaker than they were during the 6 day war, Israel is about 12 times stronger! You mad?!

You silly muppet.

ive watched alot of his vids, hes just a russian propagandist. shame when religious figures take money for support.

ZioBot
09-02-2013, 04:09 AM
ive watched alot of his vids, hes just a russian propagandist. shame when religious figures take money for support.i watch them because he's so funny to look at. how can anyone take this clown seriously? would you want him working for you?

cnoland
09-02-2013, 09:54 AM
No proof any of those were real US military. Its most likely Russian or Iranian in origin.
and LOL @ the poser bottom left using a backwards apostrophe! here is a better pic of it -
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1184966_598183463582965_1654028539_n.jpg

Lol at you thinking these are not real American military. None of us want to be involved in this bs war. Sitting at work talking to the people around me, it is clear that none of the people I work with are for this war. I would be willing to bet its the same way around each branch of the military.

I joined knowing that war was most definitely a possibility. However, I did NOT join to fight in another countries civil war. And I definitely did not join to fight/attack a country without clear cut proof as to why we are doing it. This war is not our problem. We have more than enough issues at home to deal with before we go try to save the world. For instance, the debt ceiling which has threatened the pay, and will threaten that pay again soon, of the soldiers that are expected to go fight for someone else.

Fix America before trying to fix Syria.
Air Force here.

nutsy54
09-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Lol at you thinking these are not real American military. None of us want to be involved in this bs war. Sitting at work talking to the people around me, it is clear that none of the people I work with are for this war. I would be willing to bet its the same way around each branch of the military.

I joined knowing that war was most definitely a possibility. However, I did NOT join to fight in another countries civil war.
A. Your office needs a serious shot of professionalism (or more real work to do), if you're sitting around talking politics.

B. You said you're Air Force, so how would Obama's failed plans cause you to be fighting anyway?

Hola Bola
09-02-2013, 10:45 AM

I joined knowing that war was most definitely a possibility. However, I did NOT join to fight in another countries civil war. And I definitely did not join to fight/attack a country without clear cut proof as to why we are doing it. This war is not our problem. We have more than enough issues at home to deal with before we go try to save the world. For instance, the debt ceiling which has threatened the pay, and will threaten that pay again soon, of the soldiers that are expected to go fight for someone else.

Fix America before trying to fix Syria.
Air Force here.

On this we agree.

A. Your office needs a serious shot of professionalism (or more real work to do), if you're sitting around talking politics.

B. You said you're Air Force, so how would Obama's failed plans cause you to be fighting anyway?

Nutsy ever heard of "hurry up and wait?" I know you work in some capacity with the military, surely this isn't new to you.

badbart
09-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Obama had to open his big mouth now we are stuck. We are stuck with two bad options, look like pussies or get involved in a war that has no benefit us.

nutsy54
09-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Nutsy ever heard of "hurry up and wait?" I know you work in some capacity with the military, surely this isn't new to you.
Which is why I also addressed it as a lack of professionalism in any military unit where regular discussions turn to politics.

Hola Bola
09-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Which is why I also addressed it as a lack of professionalism in any military unit where regular discussions turn to politics.

Military units aren't allowed to discuss politics? Since when? :confused:

Zbrah17
09-02-2013, 11:20 AM
It's all a game.

A Big Game.

lol @ human rights.

lol @ WMDs

lol @ giving two fcuks about human life.

lol @ gullible retards that buy into that crap.

This. The US doesn't give a fukk that people are dieing in Syria.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/world-hunger-statistics/

Number of people that will die of starvation, worldwide on this day: 20,864

Amount of fukks the US gives about that: 0

nutsy54
09-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Military units aren't allowed to discuss politics? Since when? :confused:

Strawman much? I didn't say "not allowed", I said it's Unprofessional. Because, just like religion, it invites no-win arguments and debates that get out of control.

Hola Bola
09-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Strawman much? I didn't say "not allowed", I said it's Unprofessional. Because, just like religion, it invites no-win arguments and debates that get out of control.

You're right, you said its unprofessional, which is also ridiculous.

frankenstein78
09-02-2013, 12:42 PM
My ninja please.
It has nothing to do with chemical weapons. Anyone who claims so, knows they are lying as they say it. It's all about influence over the oil rich region. Plus the Afghanistan war is winding down. Gotta keep those hundreds of billions in warfare welfare money flowing to military contractors. War is a government jobs for the USA. The Keynesians who rewrite history are as much to blame for that as neocons.

US involvement in Syria is immoral to the highest degree. Intentions are about US power, not Syrians.

LukeLissen
09-02-2013, 12:52 PM
My ninja please.
It has nothing to do with chemical weapons. Anyone who claims so, knows they are lying as they say it. It's all about influence over the oil rich region. Plus the Afghanistan war is winding down. Gotta keep those hundreds of billions in warfare welfare money flowing to military contractors. War is a government jobs for the USA. The Keynesians who rewrite history are as much to blame for that as neocons.

US involvement in Syria is immoral to the highest degree. Intentions are about US power, not Syrians.

immoral!? Self-preservation is not only moral, to NOT do so is immoral and irrational.

What do you think about Iran's and Russia's involvement in Syria? Are theirs 'moral?'

and what do you think THEIR intentions are? Do THEY have intentions outside of Syria?

Its not primarily about oil or defense contractors, although they do benefit. The legal justification is chemical weapons but the reality of the primary motivating factor is defeating Iran, which is a must.

Casser12
09-02-2013, 01:13 PM
This. The US doesn't give a fukk that people are dieing in Syria.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/world-hunger-statistics/

Number of people that will die of starvation, worldwide on this day: 20,864

Amount of fukks the US gives about that: 0

But the US are here to save the people, the US are the savior of the world!

The Elites have the greatest tool - the people. To manipulate and keep pushing their agenda's. Whether thousands lose their lives or not, this doesn't matter - only that the objective is achieved.

Ah the care for humanity. The care to protect citizens from these evil guys going on killing sprees.

Don't worry though, the US will come over and assure thousands more being killed.

Not a single fukks is given.

cnoland
09-02-2013, 04:07 PM

A - We talk about it for one simple reason...it directly effects our lives. If we go to war it will directly effect me, my wife and my children. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with my professionalism and if you think it does then you sir are a fuking moron. And holy sh!t, you speak like it is impossible to work and talk at the same time.

B - Are you fuking serious?? DO you know anyhting about the Air Force??

Get the fuk out Nutsy. You made yourself look stupid with this one.

badreligion
09-02-2013, 04:13 PM
I love how all these dems that are saying "Bomb Syria" are the same ones who were against Iraq....strong hypocrites.

SeymourCake
09-02-2013, 04:15 PM
It has nothing to do with chemical weapons. It has to do with taking out middle eastern dictators for the control over oil and luring Iran into the war since Syria and Iran are allies. The United States is playing chess with this one and attacking little brother first.

cnoland
09-02-2013, 04:19 PM
It has nothing to do with chemical weapons. It has to do with taking out middle eastern dictators for the control over oil and luring Iran into the war since Syria and Iran are allies. The United States is playing chess with this one and attacking little brother first.

I have a feeling this is exactly what is going on.

And on another note. fuk you Nutsy.

nutsy54
09-02-2013, 05:49 PM
And on another note. fuk you Nutsy.
Thanks for proving my point about a lack of professionalism in your office. Especially after I detailed the negative impact of political discussions in the military workplace in another thread.

cnoland
09-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks for proving my point about a lack of professionalism in your office. Especially after I detailed the negative impact of political discussions in the military workplace in another thread.

So because I tell you to fuk off on a public forum...that automatically means I am unprofessional at work. Nice try Nutsy but you do not know me other than some text on the internet. These discussions are held in a completely different manner when I am around my brothers/sisters at work. However, if you would like to have a civil discussion about this in person I would be glad to meet up with you anytime. Considering we live on the same small island, Im pretty sure we would not have any trouble meeting up some time.

And please do not take this is a threatening way because I do not mean it to be that way at all. I actually enjoy many of the posts you have on here and while we disagree on a lot of things, I would like to hear your opinions in person. I live on Hickam...I am sure you know where that is.

mntbikedude
09-02-2013, 06:25 PM
We just need to stay out of these middle eastern conflicts muslims need to be left to their own destruction.

eltigar
09-03-2013, 03:33 AM
i watch them because he's so funny to look at. how can anyone take this clown seriously? would you want him working for you?
im not against beards or long hair........but cmon, if you cant afford a brush, at least run your fingers through.

Gabriel Anton
09-03-2013, 04:41 AM
I have to agree with the Russians in that the entire use of them, at this point in the conflict (where it has largely stabilized in favor of the regime) seems simply bizarre. What possible reaction could Assad have hoped to gain? Any possible military or psychological advantage would surely be dwarfed by the threat of western intervention.

And yet it also seems clear that Sarin gas was used,