PDA

View Full Version : Bar owner to pay $400,000 to banned cross-dressers

BEATINGU
08-30-2013, 09:25 PM
This is the United States we live in; private business owners are not allowed to ban f*cking weirdos from their private businesses. If you do the government will fine you a few hundred thousand dollars.

A bar owner has been ordered to pay $400,000 to a group of cross-dresser he banned from his club last year.

The Oregonian reports the Bureau of Labor and Industries civil rights division imposed the penalty against Chris Penner, owner of the Twilight Room Annex. Penner had told members of the Rose City T-Girls they could not return to his bar.

The penalty is the first imposed under the 2007 Oregon Equality Act. The law protects the rights of gays, lesbians, bisexual and transgender Oregonians in employment, housing and public places. The order also requires Penner to pay a $5,000 civil penalty.

The complaint lists 11 aggrieved persons, 10 of whom self-identify as cross-dressers.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/30/oregon-bar-owner-to-pay-400g-to-banned-cross-dresser/#ixzz2dW9K0qGT

moosik85
08-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Ive never seen a country fall apart as fast as America has since Obama administration took office.

RaibeartBruis
08-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Ive never seen a country fall apart as fast as America has since Obama administration took office.

2007 Oregon Equality Act

Kiknskreem

Yes, we must blame Obama for an Oregon state law passed 2 years before Obama first took office.

Yet another thought provoking post brought to you by moosik85.

metroins
^^ lol. The bill was passed in 2007, before Obama. The bar owner violated an Oregon state law.

VTheKing
08-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/30/oregon-bar-owner-to-pay-400g-to-banned-cross-dresser/#ixzz2dW9K0qGT

There's isn't anything else to read.

Strong journalism. brb reporting someone got fined due to law x or y, doesn't tell us what happened.

Are you the bar owner, OP?

moosik85
08-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Yes, we must blame Obama for an Oregon state law passed 2 years before Obama first took office.

Yet another thought provoking post brought to you by moosik85.

Get off my dik phaggot

Kiknskreem
08-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Get off my dik phaggot

They always get mad when you point out their idiocy, lol.

DocHol1day
08-30-2013, 09:44 PM
should a bar be able to deny service if a patron is so flamboyant it makes other patrons uncomfortable and not want to be there?

moosik85
They always get mad when you point out their idiocy, lol.

I made a mistake. Just like your dad did when he didnt pull out.

BEATINGU
There's isn't anything else to read.

Strong journalism. brb reporting someone got fined due to law x or y, doesn't tell us what happened.

Are you the bar owner, OP?

shut up

http://www.kpho.com/story/23300056/north-portland-bar-owner-fined-400000

VTheKing
08-30-2013, 09:45 PM
shut up

http://www.kpho.com/story/23300056/north-portland-bar-owner-fined-400000

Wasn't so hard, was it?

BEATINGU
08-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Wasn't so hard, was it?

If the article didn't provide sufficient background information for you, they have this thing called google

you guys have that in Canada?

Kiknskreem
08-30-2013, 09:47 PM
I made a mistake.

Indeed, you accidentally revealed the seething, partisan rage you have inside you, bursting to get out at any opportunity.

Truly the sign of an intellectual giant.

foreverSNAFU
08-30-2013, 09:49 PM
brb going to a dress code bar or nightclub in my sneakers, beater, and flat brim cap. suing later for discrimination.

VTheKing
08-30-2013, 10:01 PM
If the article didn't provide sufficient background information for you, they have this thing called google

you guys have that in Canada?

If you want to discuss not being able to ban ****ing weirdos from private establishments, you should at the least have the courtesy to post a story that says as much. Being a dual citizen myself, I'm sure you folks down south have plenty of common sense to go around.

Ancients
08-30-2013, 10:27 PM
should a bar be able to deny service if a patron is so flamboyant it makes other patrons uncomfortable and not want to be there?

shut up you intolerant cis scum

brb going to a dress code bar or nightclub in my sneakers, beater, and flat brim cap. suing later for discrimination.

brb going to bar dressed like

http://www.mandmglobal.com/Libraries/Blog_images/burberry_chav_1.sflb.ashx

dweeegs
08-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Can someone explain how this protects their rights in a privately owned bar?

The law protects the rights of gays, lesbians, bisexual and transgender Oregonians in employment, housing and public places.

Also, can a bar owner not refuse business to who they want? Why would transgenders have that right and not everyone else? Does everyone who wants to buy a drink have the right to do so at that bar? I am so confused.

IraHays
08-31-2013, 04:04 AM
Strong article. I have a feeling Faux left out some details. The "Twighlight Room" sounds like a place trangenders may go.

DizzySmalls
08-31-2013, 05:07 AM
I'd be embarrassed to live in Oregon. That's ****ing pathetic

Bar owner is trying to create an atmosphere that is conducive to business success. What straight person wants to a bar littered with trannys and homos?

Brb deviants can conquer a normal bar and make it a gay bar. Why not go to their own bars if they want to be super openly gay.

I mean, if a gay person wants to go and not troll the place to socialize with friends and drink or watch a game, that's fine. If you want to openly seek sexual encounters and flaunt it to find other gay people, don't go to places where people are trying to have encounters with straight people.

w00tasaurus
08-31-2013, 06:12 AM
Strong article. I have a feeling Faux left out some details.

^This.

Let's check another source:

BOLI Civil Rights Division investigators announced in October that the bureau found substantial evidence of discrimination against transgender patrons of the North Lombard Street bar.

Investigators found no evidence to support Penner’s contention that the Rose City T-Girls disrupted business. The agency also concluded that Penner did not notify the group of any complaints about their behavior.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/01/labor_commissioner_brad_avakia.html

flairon
08-31-2013, 06:14 AM
So how is it legal for gay bars to kick out straights?

w00tasaurus
08-31-2013, 06:21 AM

I'm not sure about the specifics of the Oregon law and if it allows this, but I would agree that if straight bars can't kick out gays, gay bars can't kick out straights.

Postmort3m
08-31-2013, 06:27 AM

The opposites in these bull$hit cases never apply. Go try to start a straight pride parade and see the backlash it causes.

RIKTER
08-31-2013, 09:58 AM
BRB dressing up as Nazi and going to jewish owned businesses..

DizzySmalls
08-31-2013, 10:08 AM
How does a person not lose their sanity after a ruling like that? I'd probably end my life at that point to make sure the plaintiffs suffered a horrible death. Being legally robbed after working and dedicating yourself to maintaining an establishment by a group of deviants should cause a person to snap.

People like that don't deserve to live

tnel00
08-31-2013, 10:31 AM
The whole west coast is potato

leafs43
08-31-2013, 10:46 AM
Oregon, this is what hipsters do to society.

dakensta
08-31-2013, 01:15 PM

2007 Oregon Equality Act

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-nHoz49YQV0viPMwycA5tXsqWy09Wz2BiP8Umc8ZzZs_jaPwJfA

ImproperOne
08-31-2013, 01:50 PM

I'd like to say yes but i'm not a huge believer in humanity being fair when left to it's own devices. If you can deny them service then why not black people if other patrons are racists?

Eventually the government will have to regulate crap like this in private institutions that cater to the PUBLIC.

ImproperOne
08-31-2013, 01:52 PM
How does a person not lose their sanity after a ruling like that? I'd probably end my life at that point to make sure the plaintiffs suffered a horrible death. Being legally robbed after working and dedicating yourself to maintaining an establishment by a group of deviants should cause a person to snap.

People like that don't deserve to live

It's extremely easy, if you don't like the laws then don't cater to the PUBLIC, keep it private and they can't do crap about it.

Any private club can discriminate as much as they want but any business that caters to the public cannot. There is a reason for that.

tnel00
08-31-2013, 01:58 PM
I'd like to say yes but i'm not a huge believer in humanity being fair when left to it's own devices. If you can deny them service then why not black people if other patrons are racists?

Eventually the government will have to regulate crap like this in private institutions that cater to the PUBLIC.

There are more potential black customers than those that would refuse to shop somewhere that serves black customers. It makes no economical sense to deny service to black people.

I'm not sure that's the case with cross dresser's/tranny's. They make a lot of people uncomfortable. If they were over the top flamboyant even just in their dress, it could easily lead to a lot of customers finding another bar to go to that night.

ImproperOne
08-31-2013, 02:18 PM
There are more potential black customers than those that would refuse to shop somewhere that serves black customers. It makes no economical sense to deny service to black people.

LIke with Doc's argument i introduced conditions that would make it economically wise to not cater to black people.

I'm not sure that's the case with cross dresser's/tranny's. They make a lot of people uncomfortable. If they were over the top flamboyant even just in their dress, it could easily lead to a lot of customers finding another bar to go to that night.

Black people make racist uncomfortable.

The point i'm trying to make here is where do we set the limits? I say we set them at any discrimination for whatever reason that isn't in itself a violation of law.

If you don't like to cater to the public then don't cater to the public.

tnel00
08-31-2013, 02:42 PM
LIke with Doc's argument i introduced conditions that would make it economically wise to not cater to black people.

Black people make racist uncomfortable.

Population of black americans > Population of racist americans, so no you haven't provided conditions that would make it economically viable.