PDA

View Full Version : No Weight Gain in 3 Months



skinny2buff6
08-29-2013, 11:06 AM
-Workout 5 days a week, very intensely, and pretty active at work
-I eat clean and have a great diet about 75% of the time. The other 25% I will eat out/cheat/drink
-I have taken 12lbs of mass gainer, started at 1/2 a serving and moved up to a full serving each day

I aim for
2,850 285 95 214
Calories Carbs Fats Protein

I have been hitting my calories carbs and fats pretty consistently. Protein I have only been around 150-175 so closer to 1g per lb of bodyweight

Muscles have definitely gotten bigger, abs only slightly less defined (maybe lost 5% of definition) but still looking great when I flex (check profile pic).

Still I can't understand why I really have not gained ANY weight!?! I use myfitnesspal.com to track my calories and even let myself BINGE a few days. I know I ate pizza at least twice, and one time at a whole frozen pizza to myself?


MY PLAN:

Increase daily calories to 3500 per day, continue to eat clean during main meals but snack dirty/ in between. Just got a food scale as well to really help me make my diet into a science.

Add sauces etc. to throw on more calories such as teriyake sauce to chicken and salsa on the eggs in the morning

I did run out of mass gainer... so I feel like I am really going to struggle to hit that calorie mark...

I will continue to not do cardio. I only do it during my cuts.

I recently dropped some of my weight I have been lifting and focused more on my form, I will continue to work my way back up!

MuchoMonte
08-29-2013, 11:26 AM
MY PLAN:

Increase daily calories to 3500 per day, continue to eat clean during main meals but snack dirty in between. Just got a food scale as well to really help me make my diet into a science.

Add sauces etc. to throw on more calories such as teriyake sauce to chicken and salsa on the eggs in the morning

I did run out of mass gainer... so I feel like I am really going to struggle to hit that calorie mark...

I will continue to not do cardio. I only do it during my cuts.

I recently dropped some of my weight I have been lifting and focused more on my form, I will continue to work my way back up!

There are no "clean" or "dirty" foods.

*the bb nutrition section crowd goes wild*
*everyone reps muchomonte for his post*
*crowned king of be nutrition*

There we go, got that out the way before another poster comments a useless post with nothing to do with your thread.


Yeaaaaaaa looks like you need to up your caloric intake, I wouldn't recommend purchasing mass gainers as usually the calories come from sugar, what good is a nice physique when you got dat dere diabeetus?
Make your own out of peanut butter, coconut oil, raw eggs, etc lol

Your plan sounds good, keep checking scales weekly and see what happens lol, adjust calories accordingly

softpounder
08-29-2013, 11:28 AM
OP, I snack durrty too.

During night time, when it's time to get it down, oh yeah I do snack dirty as hell. Omnomnom.

No but on a serious note, just add on another 100-150 calories (2950-3000) and see if the scale goes up within a week or two.

ummme
08-29-2013, 12:03 PM
put more food in your mouth... chew... swallow...

dbman4
08-29-2013, 12:11 PM
what good is a nice physique when you got dat dere diabeetus?

I'd shoot lasers at you from my insulin pump but I'm all out of ammo. Wait my insulin pump is outta ammo. Crap :(

Tbillionaire
08-29-2013, 12:14 PM
I would recommend less protein and more carbs

edit: didn't read you are keeping protonz at 150-175.. good range, just up carbs.

Iceway
08-29-2013, 12:32 PM
-Workout 5 days a week, very intensely, and pretty active at work
-I eat clean and have a great diet about 75% of the time. The other 25% I will eat out/cheat/drink
-I have taken 12lbs of mass gainer, started at 1/2 a serving and moved up to a full serving each day

I aim for
2,850 285 95 214
Calories Carbs Fats Protein

I have been hitting my calories carbs and fats pretty consistently. Protein I have only been around 150-175 so closer to 1g per lb of bodyweight

Muscles have definitely gotten bigger, abs only slightly less defined (maybe lost 5% of definition) but still looking great when I flex (check profile pic).

Still I can't understand why I really have not gained ANY weight!?! I use myfitnesspal.com to track my calories and even let myself BINGE a few days. I know I ate pizza at least twice, and one time at a whole frozen pizza to myself?


MY PLAN:

Increase daily calories to 3500 per day, continue to eat clean during main meals but snack dirty/ in between. Just got a food scale as well to really help me make my diet into a science.

Add sauces etc. to throw on more calories such as teriyake sauce to chicken and salsa on the eggs in the morning

I did run out of mass gainer... so I feel like I am really going to struggle to hit that calorie mark...

I will continue to not do cardio. I only do it during my cuts.

I recently dropped some of my weight I have been lifting and focused more on my form, I will continue to work my way back up!

What was your weight 3 months ago?.
1) I really recommend you get journal or something in order to keep track of your weight.
2) I have the same opinion. Something is going on with your diet intake.
First thing, I don't know if you are cutting or bulking, give us more info.

I think you are mAinteining, so you should adjust your first calculation and adjusted once you
Are getting more weight.
You should have good energy levels and should be sleeping well. If your energy levels are low and you’re not sleeping well, you might be eating too little, or you might be eating too much of the wrong types of food (too many high-GI carbs or too much trans fats, for instance).

So maybe, try with a surplus around 300-400 calories and keep checking. The easiest way to add the calories is to eat about 70 more grams of carbs per day.

You will find your "spot" to be within 10 – 15% of the targets you originally calculated, but some have freak metabolisms that require as much as one thousand more calories per day. If you are naturally very lean despite eating a fair amount each day, chances are you’re going to have to up your calories quite a bit to steadily gain weight.
You should also adjust your calories up by about 200 for every fifteen pounds that you gain. You can add these calories however you’d like (protein, carbs, or healthy fats).

Ok, hope this helps.

Keep us post it

InItForFitness
08-29-2013, 12:35 PM
I would recommend less protein and more carbs

Why?
Just curious.

Tbillionaire
08-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Why?
Just curious.

edited, I originally saw 214g.

EuropeanHammer
08-29-2013, 12:47 PM
2850? I bulk on 3500 calories.

Iceway
08-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Why?
Just curious.

The easiest way to add the calories is to eat more grams of carbs per day.
When you are adjusting your calories up when you are gaining weight, You can add these calories however with others foods you like (protein, carbs, or healthy fats).

palehorsem4n
08-29-2013, 01:34 PM
I aim for 2,850 calories. Muscles have definitely gotten bigger, abs only slightly less defined (maybe lost 5% of definition) but still looking great when I flex (check profile pic).

Still I can't understand why I really have not gained ANY weight!?!

Increase daily calories to 3500 per day

I think you should scale that 700 calorie increase back some... You stated you've seen slow progress. If you want to increase it, do so marginally. Maybe try increasing your diet by about 250 or 300 calories/day and just observe for two or three weeks. If that's still not enough shoot for another 200 on top of that.

But I wouldn't just rush into 3500 calories.

MrBillson
08-29-2013, 01:43 PM
The easiest way to add the calories is to eat more grams of carbs per day.
When you are adjusting your calories up when you are gaining weight, You can add these calories however with others foods you like (protein, carbs, or healthy fats).

Actually it's much easier to get extra calories from fat as fat has more calories per gram.

health4life24
08-29-2013, 01:47 PM
-Workout 5 days a week, very intensely, and pretty active at work
-I eat clean and have a great diet about 75% of the time. The other 25% I will eat out/cheat/drink
-I have taken 12lbs of mass gainer, started at 1/2 a serving and moved up to a full serving each day

I aim for
2,850 285 95 214
Calories Carbs Fats Protein

I have been hitting my calories carbs and fats pretty consistently. Protein I have only been around 150-175 so closer to 1g per lb of bodyweight

Muscles have definitely gotten bigger, abs only slightly less defined (maybe lost 5% of definition) but still looking great when I flex (check profile pic).

Still I can't understand why I really have not gained ANY weight!?! I use myfitnesspal.com to track my calories and even let myself BINGE a few days. I know I ate pizza at least twice, and one time at a whole frozen pizza to myself?


MY PLAN:

Increase daily calories to 3500 per day, continue to eat clean during main meals but snack dirty/ in between. Just got a food scale as well to really help me make my diet into a science.

Add sauces etc. to throw on more calories such as teriyake sauce to chicken and salsa on the eggs in the morning

I did run out of mass gainer... so I feel like I am really going to struggle to hit that calorie mark...

I will continue to not do cardio. I only do it during my cuts.

I recently dropped some of my weight I have been lifting and focused more on my form, I will continue to work my way back up!

OP this is not physics class, we do not need to analyze this for hours. EAT MORE!!! But don't go overboard because your desperate. Gradually increase your calories until you notice weight gain.

skinny2buff6
08-29-2013, 01:52 PM
What was your weight 3 months ago?.
1) I really recommend you get journal or something in order to keep track of your weight.
2) I have the same opinion. Something is going on with your diet intake.
First thing, I don't know if you are cutting or bulking, give us more info.

I think you are mAinteining, so you should adjust your first calculation and adjusted once you
Are getting more weight.
You should have good energy levels and should be sleeping well. If your energy levels are low and you’re not sleeping well, you might be eating too little, or you might be eating too much of the wrong types of food (too many high-GI carbs or too much trans fats, for instance).

So maybe, try with a surplus around 300-400 calories and keep checking. The easiest way to add the calories is to eat about 70 more grams of carbs per day.

You will find your "spot" to be within 10 – 15% of the targets you originally calculated, but some have freak metabolisms that require as much as one thousand more calories per day. If you are naturally very lean despite eating a fair amount each day, chances are you’re going to have to up your calories quite a bit to steadily gain weight.
You should also adjust your calories up by about 200 for every fifteen pounds that you gain. You can add these calories however you’d like (protein, carbs, or healthy fats).

Ok, hope this helps.

Keep us post it

Good stuff. Ty.

It was my first attempt at counting calories and bulking. According to myfitnesspal.com I should be gaining .5lbs a week after inputting my exercise and how intense my full time job is.

Starting weight: About 148lbs. Ending Weight: 150lbs.



I agree that is more like maintenance at the moment since I have seen some great muscle gain. Just no weight gain.

skinny2buff6
08-29-2013, 01:53 PM
2850? I bulk on 3500 calories.

5'6 bro ;D