PDA

View Full Version : Need help! what should I do

jayh03
08-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Hey guys I been trying to lose weight for a long time now and have been mistakes over and over again.

First off little background. Im about 5'9 and a half and im 255 pounds.

My previous diets have been more of not eating ( like 2 small meals a day) and exercise every day for an hour.
I read around and obviously realized I was hurting my body more than anything.

Just like everyone else I do want to lose weight fast but understand it takes time.
So i just want help on making a decent workout plan that will help me reach my goal.

What is the appropriate weight for my height?

What is a good workout?

I want to be more lean than bulk.

I will stick to this no matter what. I am very dedicated and have already started eating right.

meal plan:

Oatmeal with almonds and almond milk breakfast

milk and banana mid morning snack

grilled chicken with boiled mixed veggies with orange juice lunch

juice smoothie mid day snack

Fish and boiled veggies and water Dinner

Milk with cracked raw egg inside Pre sleep drink

also drink 6-7 glasses of water throughout the day

Is that a okay diet? or is it to much or to little?

th3pwn3r
08-15-2013, 02:58 PM
There really is no appropriate weight for a height. Around here people don't really fall into the BMI scales too well. I suggest that you choose a look and work your way toward it. Anyhow, read the "How To Lose Fat For Noobs" sticky, in short I'd say train all muscle groups through heavy weight lifting and shoot for 1-2 pounds of weight loss through diet and exercise, that's everything in a nutshell.

BLK00TJ
08-15-2013, 03:33 PM
You need to get a handle on how many calories you need to lose weight at a rate of 1-2 lbs per week. Yes, it will involve calorie counting but the time spent will pay off. All the info is in the stickies for finding your TDEE and macro requirements.

bruceyy
08-15-2013, 04:15 PM
hey man!

@255 and 5'9 you should be able to put a serious dent in a few months! when i first started i was loosing 4 or 5lbs+ a week, i know thats more than a lot of people recommend, but when overweight, cutting the calories back to a strict 2500 a day and exercising hard every day its more than possible!

at first i would say instead of having a super strict regime, you need to get the bug. i would start by calorie counting making sure you are at 2500 (or however many cals you want) and cut the crap (fizzy drinks, chocolate, crisps, tea/coffee with sugar etc ...) also hit the gym and start a mix of intense weights and HIIT (high intensity interval training). after a few weeks you'll really get into it and you wont be on a diet, just living a lifestyle that you prefer!

gachase21
08-15-2013, 05:42 PM
read these

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981