PDA

View Full Version : I feel that I'm stuck.

Jerseyguy10
08-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Breakfast: coffee with whole wheat toast 2 slices and fat free creamcheese. Dip toast in coffee (yes I'm Hispanic). Other days ill switch my breakfast with oatmeal with strawberries n coffee.

Snack: either strawberries. Or hard boiled egg whites. 3 eggs.

Lunch: precooked ground turkey patty 93% lean with bake sweet potato. Or to switch, chicken breast with brown rice or asparagus.

Snack afternoon: trail mix nuts. Or 3oz can of tuna.

Gym 4pmish

After gym protein shake about 20g of protein whey powder.

Dinner: sometimes sushi. Other times another set of my lunch option.

That's my plan for the past couple months about 10 months. I've lost a few. 168 - 153. Much better on shape and been hitting the gym hard 5 days plus 2 soccer days.

Now I feel like I need a push or something. My goal is to be shredded. Can I fix my diet better? I'm always willing to learn. Thx.

shroomed
08-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Are you counting total calories? If not you should get on that, and increase your deficit.

mayaib
08-15-2013, 12:32 AM
http://www.builtlean.com/2012/05/22/weight-loss-plateau/

Jerseyguy10
08-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Are you counting total calories? If not you should get on that, and increase your deficit.

I do not really. Thanks.

Complex89
08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Count calories, man. It'll make a big difference and possibly change your lifestyle.
Figure out your tdee/calorie maintenance subtract a certain amount of kcal, relative to how fast you want to lose weight.

gachase21
08-16-2013, 11:45 AM
your total calorie count for the day is all that matters. You need to be in a deficit to cut, either by eating less total calories for the day or expending more calories for the day with exercises. Read these, they will be helpful for you.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

LordWolF
08-16-2013, 12:47 PM
And remember your TDEE on workout days are different than non workout days, some people comsume the same calories everyday.

Good luck and get that CUT going.

kenny85
08-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Count your macros and calories. A lot easier than spinning your wheels and wondering why results aren't coming

NOSTEP
08-17-2013, 10:15 AM

There is a pretty Cool App that helps with counting its called Myfitnesspal. It tracks meals and you can even scan exactly what you are eating it give nutrition details, as well as serving sizes. it has really helped me.

02morrison
08-17-2013, 10:18 AM
you can eat what you wan't if it fits in your macros, obviously good fats are better than bad and complex carbs are better than simple but you'll still lose weight in a deficit, what you should have done is posted your macros.
i'd work out your bmr with a bmr calculator (just google it) then work out how many other calories you'll burn through weight training and cardio and any other daily activities you perform, add them together (TDEE) then eat 500 calories less per day to lose 1 pound or 1000 less to lose two (per week), also try and get your macros in the right proportion, which is how much protein/fat per pound of body weight you should eat per day, just look at the stickies on calories and macronutrients and fat loss for noobs

p.s i'd advise 3-4 days weight training (heavy) and the other 3-4 cardio. Good luck

AncientYouth
08-17-2013, 10:29 AM
There is a pretty Cool App that helps with counting its called Myfitnesspal. It tracks meals and you can even scan exactly what you are eating it give nutrition details, as well as serving sizes. it has really helped me.

I recommend this approach although I use fatsecret app works great for me and some scales weigh everything