PDA

View Full Version : Lower belly fat

SarahK9051
08-14-2013, 08:18 PM
I am thin everywhere else, but I have a lower belly pooch I can't seem to get rid of. I am 5'3 and 123 lbs. Although I only eat complex carbs, I lowered my carb intake and increased my protein about a month ago. I try to get in 70-90 grams of protein and try to keep my carbs under 90 grams. If I eat oatmeal for breakfast, I won't eat rice at dinner. If I have yogurt for breakfast, I'll have a slice of cheese and 4-5 crackers as a snack. I only use olive oil when I cook my food. I normally consume around 1400-1500 calories a day. I track it using my fitness pal. Here are my details:

NUTRITION

-Breakfast-
1/3 cup of oatmeal with tablespoon of natural PB , half a small banana, and cup of unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup of ***e 0% greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of frozen berries, 1-2 tablespoons of granola or oats, and cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 whole egg, 1 egg white, sharp cheddar cheese slice on 1 whole wheat toast cut in half, and cup of unsweetened almond milk

-Morning snack-
8-10 almonds and half a fruit (energy for workout)

-Right after workout-
1 scoop of protein (I use Optimum Nutrition protein isolate)

-Lunch-
1 slice of whole what bread with 3-4 slices of thin turkey w/ spicy mustard, spring mix salad w/ few splashes of olive oil/balsamic vinegar
3-4 oz of chicken breast, egg, or another lean protein with large salad w/ 4-5 whole grain crackers.

-snack-
boiled egg
Plain greek yogurt
few almonds

-Dinner-
1/4 cup of brown rice
3-4 oz of salmon or lean beef
1-1.5 cups of veggies ( zucchini, broccoli, kale, carrots, etc. I saute all my veggies in a teaspoon of olive oil at the beginning of the week)

WORKOUTS:
I usually workout before I eat my lunch. I workout 5-6 days a week about an hour a day.
Monday - Friday: 3 mile run on treadmill. 15-30 minutes of lifting. I also started implementing crossfit-like workouts (burpees, jump squats, mountain climbers, etc)
Saturday: I do a 7 mile run on the trail.

I would appreciate some advice regarding my diet and workouts.

Thanks in advance!

tara19
08-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Not much to say. If you're eating in a deficit and losing weight, it will come off eventually.
You can't spot reduce fat so you may lean out in other areas first.
But at 5'3 and 123lb you're already pretty small. My theory is that you don't have any underlying muscle mass.

SarahK9051
08-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Not much to say. If you're eating in a deficit and losing weight, it will come off eventually.
You can't spot reduce fat so you may lean out in other areas first.
But at 5'3 and 123lb you're already pretty small. My theory is that you don't have any underlying muscle mass.

My objective is to get lean. I'm not looking to gain muscle mass. Last time I got my body fat measured, I barely had fat on my obliques or higher part of abs. It's just under my belly button....