PDA

View Full Version : What do they test at the NFL combine?

CCAurora
08-14-2013, 03:46 PM
I start a volleyball camp next week and want some progressive measures for my players through camp and the season... I'm measuring their 40 and their vertical and pushups in lieu of benching 225... what else do they test for brahs?

EDIT: SMH, no, the entire camp doesn't hinge on football drills... I'm simply looking to integrate tests where they can track their progression in speed, vertical, etc... stir up some competition in the process

TTexasTT
08-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Just look it up. There are several test... They have cone drills, wonderlick (whatever it is) among a few others.

CobyWan
08-14-2013, 03:52 PM
They line them up and make them strip down to their underwear and get their measureables take pics.

I'm assuming you coach girls volleyball.

Impurityz
08-14-2013, 03:54 PM
a 40 for vb????lololol

sups31
08-14-2013, 03:59 PM
retarded sh!t that doesn't apply to the game of football.

Mac_xX
08-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Why the f*ck would you need to measure a 40 for volleyball?

airdog93
08-14-2013, 04:09 PM
your camp is destined for failure if you're asking the sports misc about nfl combine exercises for volleyball...

a much better idea would be to measure how much they can squat/jump squat/deadlift...dat explosiveness.

Fahnestock
08-14-2013, 04:14 PM
strong poverty VB camp. brb running 40's and pushups to failure. inb4 Oklahoma drill to test toughness.

FMCMuscle
08-14-2013, 04:46 PM
What about a vertical jump test? Wingspan? Instead of a 40, maybe a timed shuffle across the court or something.

kyleTX
08-14-2013, 05:06 PM
is this co-ed? make sure they have dat ass, every female volleyballer player needs to have strong glutes. In fact, you should creep some pics next week. If this is about men's volleyball then fuking 1 star thread

as for a serious response, are you really going to do nfl drills for volleyball? I would think one of the MOST IMPORTANT things you should have them train is reaction time. Find some drills to test reaction/hand eye, and side to side movement like, maybe some kind of cone shuffling drills while keeping their eyes on you.

Buc-u
08-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Circumference..
http://i.imgur.com/aiOnY3d.jpg

kyleTX
08-14-2013, 05:14 PM
^^^ is that a bulge?

in b4 TT confirms and says he would still fuk

hardestout89
08-15-2013, 01:49 PM
not hgh

CCAurora
08-15-2013, 01:55 PM
your camp is destined for failure if you're asking the sports misc about nfl combine exercises for volleyball...

a much better idea would be to measure how much they can squat/jump squat/deadlift...dat explosiveness.

Our school has a tiny weight room... no squat rack... probably why the football team never wins.

I have plenty of "traditional volleyball" drills to work with for agility, stamina, reaction time, awareness, etc, but I want to spark more competition amongst the players this year... who can run the fastest, who can jump the highest, etc... I also want players to be able to track their progression and see mathematic proof that they're getting better just in case they get down on themselves at some point during the season... the pushups are both for competition and to build up the chest for back row players who hit the floor a lot... if we had the resources, I'd have them all in the weight room, but we don't, so I'm trying to get creative

Jaccogo
08-15-2013, 01:59 PM
plays volleyball
doesn't follow football
lives in aurora

def gey

whiskeysticks
08-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Have them play "Mall Madness".

NoS_oUtLaSt
08-15-2013, 02:03 PM
3 Cone
20 Yard Shuttle
60 yard Shuttle
Vertical Jump
Broad jump
Dick Size
40 Yard
225 Bench
Positional Drills

monsterBEN
08-15-2013, 02:07 PM
I think schools need to develop a Wonderlic test for prospective coaches...

CCAurora
08-15-2013, 02:11 PM
I think schools need to develop a Wonderlic test for prospective coaches...

lol I took the Wonderlic when I was a sports marketing major in college. Scored a 43... four inches taller and I'd be Bledsoe Jr.

Lots of volleyball experts in the misc today.

azstrengthcoach
08-15-2013, 02:15 PM
I start a volleyball camp next week and want some progressive measures for my players through camp and the season... I'm measuring their 40 and their vertical and pushups in lieu of benching 225... what else do they test for brahs?

EDIT: SMH, no, the entire camp doesn't hinge on football drills... I'm simply looking to integrate tests where they can track their progression in speed, vertical, etc... stir up some competition in the process

For volleyball I'd test the vertical and their anaerobic fitness, that's about it

CCAurora
08-15-2013, 02:19 PM
a 40 for vb????lololol

Have you ever played volleyball without a beer in one hand? I played in high school and college and sprinting was a cornerstone of our training... lots of short bursts of speed, especially in the back court... timing them simply adds a little competition to the mix.

monsterBEN
08-15-2013, 02:22 PM
For volleyball I'd test the vertical and their anaerobic fitness, that's about it

This is the sports misc. Scientific terms are like a foreign language here.

CCAurora
08-15-2013, 02:32 PM

A balance between aerobic and anaerobic fitness is crucial for volleyball. Its probably closer to soccer than football in that sense, but high schoolers like the NFL, not MLS