PDA

View Full Version : Anyone excited for Fox Sports 1

caj
08-14-2013, 07:44 AM
I really hope it's successful. Their marketing right now is 'making sports fun again'. That's something I'm definitely interested in and hope they can do.

ESPN is hard to watch these days with everyone tip toeing around all their political correctness garbage and getting on their soapbox about everything.

And as one magazine reported, people are tired of 'ESPN blowing up every ill-advised tweet into a national emergency.'

monsterBEN
08-14-2013, 09:08 AM
It's going to be interesting how they change things up. There is a 30 min promo on SPEED.

NFL coverage/shows will be basically the FOX NFL Sunday crew with Tiki Barber, Brian Urlacher and a few others added in.

CFB coverage looks like it'll be heavily biased towards B1G and Pac-12.

They have a "partnership" with the Big East, so expect to see a lot of talk about them come college basketball season.

They lured a few big names away from other companies. Erin Andrews, Charissa Thompson, Gus Johnson, and ex-atheletes like Gary Payton, Donovan McNabb, etc. It'll be interesting. I hope at the very least they make ESPN step their game up.

whiskeysticks
08-14-2013, 09:10 AM
As long as they don't make use of that dumb chit robot Fox uses in their NFL broadcasts, I'm ok with it.

Vitamin0
08-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Unaware of FoxSports1, but I've stopped watching ESPN about a year ago. Glad to see NBC and FOX are competing with ABC/ESPN.

devin45k
08-14-2013, 09:16 AM
More college football, so yes I am excited.

ESPN seems to have way less sports coverage nowadays. Seriously, I cannot stand it when they show poker on ESPN too.

Goby
08-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Jay Onriat and Dan O'toole are great

Many of you brahs don't know them but they are so good

Hopefully Fox lets them do their thing

I just want ****ty ass ESPN to die

EQ9dGiqvO94

caj
08-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Unaware of FoxSports1, but I've stopped watching ESPN about a year ago. Glad to see NBC and FOX are competing with ABC/ESPN.

Fox Sports 1 will replace the SPEED channel on August 17 if you get that one

folly412
08-14-2013, 09:25 AM
They have a "partnership" with the Big East, so expect to see a lot of talk about them come college basketball season.

They lured a few big names away from other companies. Erin Andrews, Charissa Thompson, Gus Johnson, and ex-atheletes like Gary Payton, Donovan McNabb, etc. It'll be interesting. I hope at the very least they make ESPN step their game up.

Looking forward to Fox presentation of Big East basketball. They paid some big dollars to be able to get it. And the announcing teams couldn't be worse than the C-team idiots ESPN was assigning the past couple years. And FS1 even broke up the A-team by stealing Raftery away...that HAD to happen since the man is Big East basketball. They had Gus Johnson kick off the announcement of the deal, will be fun to see a Johnson/Raftery/Andrews team.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/the_bonus/03/10/raftery/92380_D0050.jpg

JBhaverhill
08-14-2013, 09:27 AM
I really hope it's successful. Their marketing right now is 'making sports fun again'. That's something I'm definitely interested in and hope they can do.

ESPN is hard to watch these days with everyone tip toeing around all their political correctness garbage and getting on their soapbox about everything.

And as one magazine reported, people are tired of 'ESPN blowing up every ill-advised tweet into a national emergency.'

Do you really think FS1 will be any different? I've got some bad news for you...

caj
08-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Do you really think FS1 will be any different? I've got some bad news for you...

You may be right, but they act like they want to leave the serious, non-sports aspect off the table. Hope they do.

SompletelyCober
08-14-2013, 01:12 PM
The only thing I'll be watching is UFC events most likely.

No NFL/ NBA no care.

They don't have NFL games, right?

BeauJ
08-14-2013, 01:14 PM
ESPN = sports TMZ

I used to love being able to watch highlights from just about every game on SC. Now, its the same ****ty stories that take up the first 30 minutes. I haven't sat down and watched an episode in a few years, but scanning through, its nowhere near what it was.

inb4 someone pops in with it's sensationalism and for ratings. Yes, we fukcin know. I want sports, not gossip. ESPN shiit in their own bathtub on this one though and are going to deal with it for a while.

I hope FS1 is going to live up to the hype, especially on college football coverage.

Asethi
08-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Jay Onriat and Dan O'toole are great

Many of you brahs don't know them but they are so good

Hopefully Fox lets them do their thing

I just want ****ty ass ESPN to die

EQ9dGiqvO94

So good, was really sad to see them leave TSN. Now TSN has no one minus HBB Kate Beirness

isp
08-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Definitely would help if ESPN would have to face some legit competition. Their signal-to-noise ratio has been pretty poor lately.

Too much inconsequential kind of gossipy **** lately. When there is something to actually report then report it...

Brb standing by a lake all week for nothing

wildchild11
08-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Looking forward to Fox presentation of Big East basketball. They paid some big dollars to be able to get it. And the announcing teams couldn't be worse than the C-team idiots ESPN was assigning the past couple years. And FS1 even broke up the A-team by stealing Raftery away...that HAD to happen since the man is Big East basketball. They had Gus Johnson kick off the announcement of the deal, will be fun to see a Johnson/Raftery/Andrews team.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/the_bonus/03/10/raftery/92380_D0050.jpg

My head would explode at the combo of Gus Johnson and bill raferty. Too much fking awesome

dougefresh93
08-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Fox Sports 1 will replace the SPEED channel on August 17 if you get that one

not sure that is true. don't think TW or DirectTV agreed

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/new-fox-sports-1-battles-time-warner-cable-access-article-1.1425993

MajesticLion
08-14-2013, 02:31 PM
I cringed when I saw Gary Payton's name.

ItzYerrp
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM
hell if i want to watch highlights of a certain sport i will watch their respective channel

mlb network nfl network nba tv nhl network

they are great channels with much less bias and favoritism then others

folly412
08-14-2013, 08:31 PM
not sure that is true. don't think TW or DirectTV agreed

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/new-fox-sports-1-battles-time-warner-cable-access-article-1.1425993

Looks like they just got it through today. Not sure how important it was to have it carried at launch, but Labor Day weekend for college football was a big deadline.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-fox-sports-distribution-20130814,0,5466870.story

Have read a little about massive costs to carry sports channels being a huge issue right now; supposedly like >$4/mo. of everyone's cable/satellite bill goes to ESPN whether someone watches it or not, like $1.50 for Big Ten Network. A push and debate as to whether it would be beneficial or counterproductive for consumers to legally mandate "a la carte" programming as opposed to packages so you choose the channels you want instead of paying for 200 when you only watch 3.

BFast55
08-15-2013, 04:42 AM
Probably gonna suck. I hope it doesn't. A little competition would do ESPN some good. Maybe they'll be forced to tighten up their game.

Big_Pete1000
08-15-2013, 05:09 AM
I like to watch around the horn but can't sit through SC. I watch nba tv, nfl network, mlb network, & nhl network

BullStampede
08-15-2013, 06:40 AM
About time ESPN got some competition. Just hope it is the right competition.

Future24
08-15-2013, 07:52 AM
NBC Sports Network can surpass ESPN if they got more news programs. They just got the Premier League, they have NHL, show football on Sundays on NBC..they have a lot of good to offer.

Three6Mafia
08-15-2013, 07:56 AM
I hope it does well but the first 7 hours of its first day are all NASCAR. It looms like it's going to devote a lot of time to NASCAR.

mcbizkit02
08-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Looks like a lot of Soccer and Nascar. No thanks Jeff.