PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson was a freak athlete, one of the toughest skinny men to play the game

firstandgoal
08-13-2013, 08:59 PM
This guy is skin and bones, 6 foot tall and 165 pounds but strong as fuk. I was watching his football highlights and he must have some strong bones or something cause he was skinny as hell but strong as an ox.

He also had a strong throwing arm too. And in Basketball for many of his early games he never really took a serious injury he would always go hard in the paint with guys bigger than him.

A true genetic freak.

Iverson casually tossing a nfl football 60 yards.
F7W675sviCQ

Number 10 they couldn't even tackle him
hCAkVvNFk-0

PaulNZack1
08-13-2013, 09:01 PM
You think he was born that way? It took a lot of practice.

firstandgoal
08-13-2013, 09:01 PM
You think he was born that way? It took a lot of practice.

Um AI doesn't practice though...

Nocturne808
08-13-2013, 09:02 PM
true Iverson was very gifted. I think he suffered tailbone injuries and yes he would play through pain.

sad to see now that he is so slow in China though...I hate when athletes play way past their prime, I prefer to remember them at their best.

mayweathermusic
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
He gets hate on a lot but he got more out of the body he was given than any player I've ever seen.

sdballer5588
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Mad he was the goat?

mlift11
08-13-2013, 09:04 PM
can't tell if that was sarcastic or just a reference to the press conference, but that's soooooo wrong

DasWunderBrah
08-13-2013, 09:05 PM

lol this.

nvrstopworking
08-13-2013, 09:07 PM
If he was 6'6" 220 he'd have probably been the next MJ. Srs.

MurkinSeason
08-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Playing in the drive way or in the park is considered practice

firstandgoal
08-13-2013, 09:19 PM
He gets hate on a lot but he got more out of the body he was given than any player I've ever seen.

Dude was tough as nails man. Skinny like a twig but he played hard. I still don't get how this skin and bones guy was so strong?

KBaller33
08-13-2013, 09:59 PM
So many game highlights of him on youtube. Remember in the 2001 finals where he went straight into shaq who is a foot taller and almost 200 pounds heavier than him. Fearless.

CurryTech777
08-13-2013, 10:02 PM
he wasnt even 6ft

closer to 5'10. another manlet superhero

Dang3rZone
08-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Dude was tough as nails man. Skinny like a twig but he played hard. I still don't get how this skin and bones guy was so strong?

Mentally, the dude was a rock. He willed his way through pain a lot of the times.

B0B4Life
08-14-2013, 04:59 AM
Best athlete the NBA has ever seen

B0B4Life
08-14-2013, 05:04 AM
he wasnt even 6ft

closer to 5'10. another manlet superhero

Iverson was probable 5'11.5 but he had arms that could tough his knees standing straight up

Mrs Grudge
08-14-2013, 05:30 AM
If he was 6'6" 220 he'd have probably been the next MJ. Srs.

Lol what? If he was 6'6 and 220, he wouldn't be lightning quick. Not to mention there are players who are still overall more skilled and have higher b-ball IQ's than Iverson.

Chris Paul is tiny and is a ****tier athlete than Iverson, but he is still a much better player. If Chris Paul had a bigger body, then he'd be the next MJ.

JayScottFitness
08-14-2013, 05:37 AM
Iverson was great. Some people are just born with with freaky strength for their size, whether that is ligament/tendon strength or just a higher mental calibration I don't know. Iverson could jump too - I loved the left hand sideways dunk he pulled off on the baseline.

Rebounds45
08-14-2013, 06:52 AM
he's quick as hell too

Vitamin0
08-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Just another chucker that's out of the league.

firstandgoal
08-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Iverson was probable 5'11.5 but he had arms that could tough his knees standing straight up

yeah dude had some long ass arms for sure lol.

nikonD70s
08-14-2013, 10:12 AM
So many game highlights of him on youtube. Remember in the 2001 finals where he went straight into shaq who is a foot taller and almost 200 pounds heavier than him. Fearless.

lol, wasnt this when shaq was just standing there and AI ran into shaq on purpose(with a lil flop) to get the foul...and refs actually gave him the call and shaq had that wtf face.

KBaller33
08-14-2013, 11:08 AM
lol, wasnt this when shaq was just standing there and AI ran into shaq on purpose(with a lil flop) to get the foul...and refs actually gave him the call and shaq had that wtf face.

Maybe, but he still took the hit from a man twice his size. It was really his mentally that made him who he was. His greatest attribute IMO was his mental toughness.

firstandgoal
08-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Just another chucker that's out of the league.

He was a chucker for sure but his athleticism was evident.

GoldenArmKid
08-14-2013, 09:35 PM

ugh. Not this bullsh!t again.

Street-Profit
08-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Lol what? If he was 6'6 and 220, he wouldn't be lightning quick. Not to mention there are players who are still overall more skilled and have higher b-ball IQ's than Iverson.

Chris Paul is tiny and is a ****tier athlete than Iverson, but he is still a much better player. If Chris Paul had a bigger body, then he'd be the next MJ.

At 6'6 220 who knows Iverson could had still been as quick as Calvin Johnson *shrugs*

And please dont compare Flop Paul to Iverson.....somebody que up the break down of Jordan because after that play Stern declared the zone legal and cross-overs carries or travels.

chiefnz
08-15-2013, 03:30 AM
can't tell if that was sarcastic or just a reference to the press conference, but that's soooooo wrong

Can tell that you are low iq.

Vitamin0
08-15-2013, 04:13 AM
At 6'6 220 who knows Iverson could had still been as quick as Calvin Johnson *shrugs*

And please dont compare Flop Paul to Iverson.....somebody que up the break down of Jordan because after that play Stern declared the zone legal and cross-overs carries or travels.

Wtf are you talking about? Chris Paul is 10 times the player Allen Iverson is.

nvrstopworking
08-15-2013, 04:19 AM

Chris Paul has to be the most overrated player in the NBA right now. Everyone raves about his stats and his "bball IQ" yet the dude can't even make it to the conference finals (ok he did ONCE years ago) with a stacked team.... and flops all over the place crying about every call. Doesn't surprise me at all that he's come out and put ALL the pressure on Blake this season ("This team will only go as far as Blake Griffin takes us") rather than shoulder it himself.

Will lol hard if he STILL can't win this season with a probable HOF coach on the team now.

GoldenArmKid
08-15-2013, 03:50 PM

Chris Paul. 10 times the player Allen Iverson is. Can't lead his more than adequate team past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Meanwhile brb Iverson argueably led the sh!ttiest squad to ever reach the NBA finals to the finals and even managed to take a game against Lakers w/ young Kobe and prime Shaq.

Iverson's an all-time great. You can't cut it any differently.

Street-Profit
08-15-2013, 09:08 PM

What exactly can Chris Paul do that Iverson couldnt?

basedtaskforce
08-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Chris Paul has to be the most overrated player in the NBA right now. Everyone raves about his stats and his "bball IQ" yet the dude can't even make it to the conference finals (ok he did ONCE years ago) with a stacked team.... and flops all over the place crying about every call. Doesn't surprise me at all that he's come out and put ALL the pressure on Blake this season ("This team will only go as far as Blake Griffin takes us") rather than shoulder it himself.

Will lol hard if he STILL can't win this season with a probable HOF coach on the team now.

paul hasnt made the conference finals

PerfectSymbiote
08-16-2013, 02:16 AM
Meanwhile brb Iverson argueably led the sh!ttiest squad to ever reach the NBA finals to the finals and even managed to take a game against Lakers w/ young Kobe and prime Shaq.

That team was top 3 in defense and AI had nothing to with that.

I rag on Paul too, but it is pretty stupid how people try to say he's a bad player.

BuGzBuNNy
08-16-2013, 05:00 AM
That team was top 3 in defense and AI had nothing to with that.

I rag on Paul too, but it is pretty stupid how people try to say he's a bad player.Yea, I compare that team to the Bulls team the year Rose won MVP. He took care of the offense but the team was only as good as their defense and rebounding. If I'm starting a team between the two of Paul or AI, give me CP from a few years ago. Plenty of reason for why someone would take AI, I just don't want to build the team he needs.

firstandgoal
08-20-2013, 08:08 PM
AI is one of the few athletes who never juiced dude was skin and bones. if anything he was high on weed and henny

ai3mac1
08-20-2013, 09:05 PM
If someone puts Chris Paul in the same sentence with Allen the GOAT Iverson again I swear I will find you, and I will kill you.