PDA

View Full Version : How do the Bengals reload on talent?

Masstastic
08-13-2013, 07:49 PM
From top to bottom they have to be the deepest team of athletes on paper every season. They lose guys and reload with comparable athletes.

On the flipside you have a team like the Browns who don't have talent depth at any position and never replace their athletes. It's been 5 years and they still haven't replaced Braylon or Kellen Winslow.

CurryTech777
08-13-2013, 07:56 PM
get players for cheap

they dont bust on any draft picks

honestly though, its all about keeping one system/coach

AriGhold
08-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Probably starts with them keeping their coaching staff for so long. Every 2 or 3 years the browns hire a different coach and they bring in their guys. There is no chance for player development.

Hoop_Dreams
08-13-2013, 08:01 PM
They've been hittin home runs in the draft.

iamgenus
08-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Bengals?

Alpha58
08-13-2013, 08:05 PM
They have had some of the best drafts in the league the past 5 or so years

That combined with picking up players who went un-drafted and guys who were left for dead essentially (Pacman jones)

marvin lewis has done a good job, and they have everyone buying into the system

GrecoRoman
08-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Bengals?

this, had to lol. Hard Knocks making the Benglas look like superbowl contenders. They have people drinking the cool-aid after 2 episodes.

TTexasTT
08-13-2013, 08:10 PM
I dont know that I would say they are overloaded with talent when compared to most other teams. Perhaps better than average though. I think the coaches there really know how you use the players strengths to the benefit of the team.

MurkinSeason
08-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey now bengals are a playoff team

kyleTX
08-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey now bengals are a playoff team

hope so, another easy victim for Houston to open things up

CurryTech777
08-13-2013, 08:32 PM
this, had to lol. Hard Knocks making the Benglas look like superbowl contenders. They have people drinking the cool-aid after 2 episodes.

the bengals are a pretty good team.. only a few teams consistently win more games than the bengals. Not to mention they have 2 teams in their division that have won a championship quite recently. who else has that sort of competition in their division. if any1 says nfc east i will pimp slap you

Mac_xX
08-13-2013, 08:32 PM
They're not afraid to pick up guys with character issues, huge advantage when it pans out for them.

AriGhold
08-13-2013, 08:33 PM
hope so, another easy victim for Houston to open things up

too bad thats the only team you have ever beaten

FAH_Q
08-13-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't think they are the deepest team. Seattle and San Fran definitely seem to have a more talented roster.

Dimanche UDFA LB is going to be pretty solid i think. Interested to see how Hunt pans out.

Benski9
08-13-2013, 08:49 PM
Bengals rb corps is looking pretty nice right now.

kyleTX
08-13-2013, 08:54 PM
too bad thats the only team you have ever beaten

i hope you catch chlamydia this year

AriGhold
08-13-2013, 08:56 PM

You could have easily said that the browns haven't beaten anyone in the playoffs, or even made it recently. But instead you want me to catch an std? That's low.

MurkinSeason
08-13-2013, 09:05 PM
You could have easily said that the browns haven't beaten anyone in the playoffs, or even made it recently. But instead you want me to catch an std? That's low.

No big deal its treatable

kyleTX
08-13-2013, 09:12 PM

http://iwatchgameofthrones.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/King-Joffrey.jpg

AYYPVK
08-13-2013, 10:09 PM
I'd say the Broncos, Ravens, Falcons, Packers, Lions, Texans, Giants, Seahawks, and niners are more stacked than the Bengals. They have a good shot at making the playoffs again, but in the NFC not so sure.

jaySWAG
08-13-2013, 10:28 PM
thankfully they passed on kaep, whew!

MurkinSeason
08-13-2013, 10:29 PM
I'd say the Broncos, Ravens, Falcons, Packers, Lions, Texans, Giants, Seahawks, and niners are more stacked than the Bengals. They have a good shot at making the playoffs again, but in the NFC not so sure.

Cowboys are stacked on starters ;)

DasPhilosopher
08-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Go on a losing season and hope that the first overall pick and get a one man army player

GPx
08-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Had a great draft a few years ago with Green and Dalton.

EastCoastNiner
08-13-2013, 10:54 PM
So, a team that has gone 9-7 and 10-6 the past two seasons should be considered the deepest team?

They're a pretty good team, but they're a clear step below the Patriots and Broncos. They are also right there with the Texans and a few other teams.

They had very few wins against good teams last year. They have a very good offense and a pretty good defense, but they aren't an elite team by any means.

Krunk Fu
08-13-2013, 11:30 PM
From top to bottom they have to be the deepest team of athletes on paper every season. They lose guys and reload with comparable athletes.

On the flipside you have a team like the Browns who don't have talent depth at any position and never replace their athletes. It's been 5 years and they still haven't replaced Braylon or Kellen Winslow.

Josh Gordon > Braylon.

But ultimately, it comes down to the draft. The Browns have been inconsistent and the Bengals have drafted very good lately.

liuzhoudragon
08-13-2013, 11:38 PM
great drafting for multiple years/risks working out in there favor burfict/pacman
lots of guys on rookie or inexpensive contracts
moved out palmer for tons picks when he was worth 0 to the bengals
been very healthly overall

jonmcd46
08-13-2013, 11:43 PM

yo hit me up if you need help with this buddy...

jumpman18
08-13-2013, 11:53 PM

this

ObedEdom
08-14-2013, 01:51 AM
Josh Gordon > Braylon.

Yeah like twins.

Spectacular catches in space then drop a ball that hits them in the numbers. Smh

Vayne
08-14-2013, 04:48 AM
I would love to see Giovani and BJGE do good this season. It will be interesting to see if Hue can do anything for them this season.

bigfish18q
08-14-2013, 05:38 AM
Their defense will be off the hook this year. Burfict, Maualuga and Harrison at LB. Along with the best DT in the league.

NWA19
08-14-2013, 06:38 AM

Loled at Giants and Lions

iamgenus
08-14-2013, 06:46 AM
Bengals in the last 20 years have been better than 8-8 4 times. In that same time they've had a top 10 pick 13 times and #1 overall 3 times. I'd say putting them as a standard of keeping talent reloaded all the time is a bit misguided.

But there's no secret to keeping talent on the roster - draft well which they've done the last few years. But for the longest time they were right there with Cleveland.

bigfish18q
08-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Bengals in the last 20 years have been better than 8-8 4 times. In that same time they've had a top 10 pick 13 times and #1 overall 3 times. I'd say putting them as a standard of keeping talent reloaded all the time is a bit misguided.

But there's no secret to keeping talent on the roster - draft well which they've done the last few years. But for the longest time they were right there with Cleveland.

Yeah, I think consistency in the coaching staff has really helped in recent years. It's hard to be competitive when you're changing team philosophies every 2 years. Not saying they'll go to the superbowl, but I do think they'll get a much needed playoff win this year.

krogtaar
08-14-2013, 08:03 AM
WTF at this thread?

Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 22 years, longest streak in the NFL, and have the most losses in that time except for a few teams, and the least number of winning seasons. they have had like 3 years of good drafts to get to a bottom level playoff team. there are a lot of very good young players that will make them a contender for the next few years, but this is new.

Vayne
08-14-2013, 08:22 AM
I think everyone should thank Carson Palmer, I do everyday!

LikeAMachine
08-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Another retard thread from the worst poster in this section.

LikeAMachine
08-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Yeah like twins.

Spectacular catches in space then drop a ball that hits them in the numbers. Smh

lol no

JETSbrah
08-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Bengals fan checking in but let's be serious, we're not the benchmark for anything.

We take risks and do our homework on character issue guys and they seem to pan out for us. We draft well and have been able to keep the same system in place which produces continuity and raises the overall sum of all our individual parts.

But we still haven't won chit lately.

Goby
08-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Browns are better than Bengals

bigfish18q
08-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Browns are better than Bengals

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

Onita
08-14-2013, 10:49 AM
[img]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laugh/img]

When was your last postseason win?

bigfish18q
08-14-2013, 10:57 AM

This is completely irrelevent for both these teams when you're talking about right now.

Beliedat
08-14-2013, 11:47 AM

Was his reaction to "Browns are better", or "browns were better over a decade ago"?

please go.

Goby
08-14-2013, 11:49 AM
This is completely irrelevent for both these teams when you're talking about right now.

The point is that neither team has room to talk.

Onita
08-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Was his reaction to "Browns are better", or "browns were better over a decade ago"?

please go.

If you can't win a postseason game,you're no good.

you should know.

Beliedat
08-14-2013, 12:09 PM

you should know.

Yeah bro its been 598 days since my team won a playoff game.

Just lol at browns fans saying anything to broncos fans. Your lulzy squad of clowns have been my team's whipping boy since I was a small child. There is no hate like the hate from a legit browns fans toward the broncos.
Thanks to your squad's repeated ineptitude, the Broncos have some of the most memorable moments in NFL history, as evidenced by the fact that when mentioned in print, they get capitalized.
The Drive
The Fumble

hnnnggg. dat face. feel the hate flow through you.

http://i.imgur.com/luGm9Rl.jpg

ThaWorldIsYours
08-14-2013, 12:11 PM
They've been the best drafting team of the past 4 years collectively

Onita
08-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Yeah bro its been 598 days since my team won a playoff game.

Just lol at browns fans saying anything to broncos fans. Your lulzy squad of clowns have been my team's whipping boy since I was a small child. There is no hate like the hate from a legit browns fans toward the broncos.
Thanks to your squad's repeated ineptitude, the Broncos have some of the most memorable moments in NFL history, as evidenced by the fact that when mentioned in print, they get capitalized.
The Drive
The Fumble

hnnnggg. dat face. feel the hate flow through you.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/luGm9Rl.jpIMG]

I tend not to hang my hat on what my team did before I could remember it. But to each their own. There is no need to get so rustled.

bigfish18q
08-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I tend not to hang my hat on what my team did before I could remember it. But to each their own. There is no need to get so rustled.

I feel like you just came full circle, and completely contradicted yourself in the last 3 posts lulz.

Edit: For reference.

you should know.

**Cleveland Sports**

Beliedat
08-14-2013, 12:26 PM

Not russled at all, just thought it was hilarious that you, a browns fan, call me out on my team not winning in the playoffs.
I wasn't hanging my hat on anything, but just illustrating how your franchise's ****tiness relates directly to my team's success.
Weren't you just hanging your hat on the success your team had over a decade ago?

Onita
08-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Not russled at all, just thought it was hilarious that you, a browns fan, call me out on my team not winning in the playoffs.
I wasn't hanging my hat on anything, but just illustrating how your franchise's ****tiness relates directly to my team's success.
Weren't you just hanging your hat on the success your team had over a decade ago?

I realize the Browns suck. I was just pointing out that the Bengals haven't done **** lately either.

YoungEx20
08-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Example 1: They got Vontaze Burfict as an UFA. They just make awesome low cost low risk moves.

Vayne
08-15-2013, 04:54 AM
From watching Hard Knocks. Burfict gets a wee bit angry.