PDA

View Full Version : The Nationals proved how retarded sports "experts" are

MikeJones77
08-11-2013, 08:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview13/story/_/page/13expertpicks/espn-expert-team-predictions-2013-baseball-season

look at all those experts picking a sub .500 team to win the world series LOL

GingerBrah
08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Blue jays predicted as AL champs by 70% of the experts... If only

mayweathermusic
08-11-2013, 09:55 PM
The Blue jays were a horrible pick from the get go but why wouldn't you have thought the Nationals were in for a big year before this season started?

Forumite
08-12-2013, 06:12 AM
The Blue jays were a horrible pick from the get go but why wouldn't you have thought the Nationals were in for a big year before this season started?

Because 75% of their roster played above their heads last season.

taxe91
08-12-2013, 06:29 AM

I count three. LaRoche, Espinosa, Gio

captainquarters
08-12-2013, 06:12 PM
All nats fans are butthurt in here. thinking they were gonna go to the world series in the offseason. i just lol hard at them

bostonambrose
08-12-2013, 08:01 PM
I mean the season isn't over yet and A LOT can still happen in the AL EAST but the fact they had the Red Sox finishing in the basement in basically every single "expert" prediction makes me laugh.

yeshli2nuts
08-12-2013, 08:08 PM
It makes a big difference when your 20 year old phenom player is injured for a month and a half.

dasfeuer
08-12-2013, 08:24 PM
This isn't some new phenomenon

It was the Angels last year and the Red Sox the year before

NeilWagner
08-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Now bump all your preseason picks so we can compare.

mayweathermusic
08-12-2013, 08:52 PM

Not really.

This plus Detweiler. But if you figured they were gonna get a full year out of Werth and Ramos, an improved Harper with a year of experience under his belt, no innings cap on Strasburg, additions of Span and Soriano and the possibility of Rendon coming up and providing some punch it really did look like they would be at least as good if not better than last year. Obviously it didn't work out that way.

cor030
08-12-2013, 09:47 PM

Gio played over his head but if this season is him falling back down to earth I'll take it. He's rocking a 3.52 ERA(with the fip/xfip almost exactly the same) right now but he was much better before his start against Detroit a week ago where he gave up 10 earned runs. That kinda skewed everything.

LaRoche was definitely playing over his head, but if you compare his numbers last year to his career norms it wasn't THAT far. it was definitely a career year but he was always a guy that's gonna hit for okay avg, good power, etc.

Espinosa is and always has been a mirage and I called him being garbage from day 1.

Craig Stammen played over his head I guess.

75% of the team is an absurd statement. Check out the stats of all the individual players, bud. The talent is there, and will be there next year. Just needs some tinkering with the roster. Obviously incredibly butthurt about the result of this season but you'd be crazy to ignore the talent this team has in the rotation, the young guys in the lineup like Harper, Rendon, Ramos... Werth playing like a legit star from 2012-2013 when he's been healthy.. factor in people around baseball expect Zimmerman to be moved to first in the offseason, we'll have a new 2nd basemen as well.

Season sucks, but I still like the core.

ShweezyBTFO
08-13-2013, 06:40 AM
that bullpen is god awful. Every time I look up it's Stammen/Storen/Clippard blowing a tie or a lead. Pathetic lol

NJLife
08-13-2013, 07:31 AM
man.. must really suck shutting strasburg down

cor030
08-13-2013, 11:25 AM
man.. must really suck shutting strasburg down

Do you watch baseball? I feel like a broken record defending this. He was physically wearing down. His stuff was dropping off and he clearly needed to be shut down.

that bullpen is god awful. Every time I look up it's Stammen/Storen/Clippard blowing a tie or a lead. Pathetic lol

Clippard has actually been good for most of the season. And you know how much I hated him.

Forumite
08-13-2013, 12:24 PM

They had multiple players who were relative unknowns continually coming up in big situations and producing. They reminded me of the 2000 Mets.

YesWayNoWeigh
08-13-2013, 12:45 PM
What do you expect. Now all their yuppie fans will migrate to another team. Or not even watch another baseball game until the bats are good again

cor030
08-13-2013, 12:49 PM
They had multiple players who were relative unknowns continually coming up in big situations and producing. They reminded me of the 2000 Mets.

What players?

Must be a lot of names if it's 75% of the roster.