PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2013-14 Rookie Discussion Thread

28Vikings
08-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Another year of the NFL means an entire new class of rookies, and a whole class of rookies means a lot of projections on how their careers will end up. So let's use this thread to talk about the new guys. Projections for Offensive and Defensive ROTY? Who are some sleepers (guys who will have solid careers who don't have a lot of recognition now...most of these won't be first rounders)? Any superstars, or busts? Discuss.

My Projections

Early OROTY Candidates:
Tavon Austin WR STL
Cordarrelle Patterson WR MIN
DeAndre Hopkins WR HOU
Gio Bernard RB CIN
Le'Veon Bell RB PIT
EJ Manuel QB BUF (have to include at least one QB)
Aaron Dobson WR NE

Early DROTY Candidates:
Star Lotulelei DT CAR
Eric Reid S SF
Johnthan Banks CB TB
Matt Elam S BAL
Jarvis Jones OLB/DE PIT
Johnathan Cyprien S JAC
Dion Jordan OLB/DE MIA

Pro-Bowl Level Career Predictions (outside of my ROTY candidates):
Luke Joeckel OT JAC
Jonathan Cooper G ARI
Chance Warmack G TEN (this guy is the real deal...he completely changes the run game for the Titans)
Kenny Vaccaro S NO
Marcus Lattimore RB SF
Alec Ogletree LB STL
Xavier Rhodes CB MIN
Sharrif Floyd DT MIN (homer pick)

Jaccogo
08-09-2013, 10:48 PM
i have a feeling Elam will win DROY

eriadoc
08-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Hopkins has been showing a lot in training camp and did it in the first preseason game as well. We shall see. One sleeper to keep an eye on for down the road is Cierre Wood. He seems to have the feel and vision for the ZBS system. If he wins the RB3 job here, you never know when he could end up being a decent FF waiver wire pickup. *knock wood*

xzp
08-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Sio Moore, the third round olb the Raiders drafted has a legit shot to become droy. Srs. Kids got a good pass rush, can cover and tackle and literally a non stop motor. Gonna anchor our outside linebacker spot for years and be a pro bowler. He's like a weatherspoon except a little less stout against the run and better pass rusher.

Reptarr
08-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Christine Michael looked like a stud the other day

GrecoRoman
08-09-2013, 11:29 PM
you have been awared:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/172075/scaled_php.jpg

runner up:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1009021/1zdtb8m_jpg.gif

no homer

mchoodie
08-10-2013, 12:10 AM
OROTY: Le'Veon Bell RB PIT
DROTY: Matt Elam S BAL

idz21
08-10-2013, 01:07 AM
OROTY - Tavon Austin.
- Don't think he'll have a HOF career, but he'll contribute year in and out and make a few spectacular plays during the course of the season. A Darren Sproles/Percy Harvin hybrid type.

DROTY - Tyrann Matheiu
- Bob Sanders 2.0? Playing multiple positions to increase snap count. Division alone will require tons of nickle defense. Ball hawk. This is of course if he doesn't get suspended for some dumb drug violation...

EvilChicken
08-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Ziggy Ansah didn't look so bad either, albeit mark sanchez makes defenders look better than they really are.

idz21
08-10-2013, 01:49 AM
Ziggy Ansah didn't look so bad either, albeit mark sanchez makes defenders look better than they really are.

Solid pick. Detroit going to throw all day. If they capitalize, opposing offenses are going to throw and play catch up.

EvilChicken
08-10-2013, 01:54 AM
Solid pick. Detroit going to throw all day. If they capitalize, opposing offenses are going to throw and play catch up.

Also I was thinking he is going to face some pretty weak offensive lines in the NFC north.

nikeoneplatinum
08-10-2013, 02:05 AM
oroty Aaron Dobson NE

JmanTheJuiceman
08-10-2013, 03:24 AM
Also I was thinking he is going to face some pretty weak offensive lines in the NFC north.

http://www.twincities.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=4610081

HumptyBrah
08-10-2013, 03:32 AM
http://www.twincities.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=4610081
fuk, my doppleganger

28Vikings
08-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Dobson has a good shot to break out, especially with Brady and his knack of making unknown receivers turn into big players. I'll add him into my OROTY candidates. I have to add that it's hard to win a ROTY award when you don't play that much, no matter how good you play. I've heard Kenbrell Thompkins has been doing well but I don't think he's very high on the depth chart.

Murph0408
08-10-2013, 09:28 AM
i like bell in pittsburgh. he's got the starting gig, it's still a good enough offense with a good QB, he's going to get his touches and his scores. i like him in fantasy football too, a good RB2 if you miss out on the big names

scotyg
08-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Knile Davis had a pretty nifty 79 yard kickoff return. obviously not a contender for any awards though.

Trequartista
08-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Offense: Kenny Stills or Conner Vernon

Defense: Tyrann Mathieu or Stansly Maponga

28Vikings
08-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Disappointed Le'Veon Bell didn't play in the preseason opener. I was looking forward to seeing how he played.

GrecoRoman
08-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Dobson has a good shot to break out, especially with Brady and his knack of making unknown receivers turn into big players. I'll add him into my OROTY candidates. I have to add that it's hard to win a ROTY award when you don't play that much, no matter how good you play. I've heard Kenbrell Thompkins has been doing well but I don't think he's very high on the depth chart.

If the season were to start today, Tompkins is probably hihger on the depth chart than Dobson as of right now. He got pulled along with Amendola and Ballard when the 1's came out while Dobson stayed in with some of the 3's. They will both certainly see the field anytime they go 3 wide. Dobson will have more TD's and bigger plays but Thompkins will have more Yards and receptions. You can't go wrong with either one.

OutWorkedByNo1
08-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Sleeper pick.

Russell Shepard.

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/3010/9cyq.jpg

BMatt
08-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Eddie Lacy gonna go ham..