PDA

View Full Version : Cuban on MLB trying to suspend AROD

fcbfan
08-09-2013, 04:30 PM
"Horrible," Cuban replied to Leno's question about Rodriguez's suspension. "I think it's disgraceful what Major League Baseball is trying to do to him. Look, it's not that he doesn't deserve to be suspended. He does. They have policies in place: A first-time offender is 50 games, and a second time is 100. [Two hundred and eleven games], that's personal."

The reality is the guy broke the rules. He basically admitted that he had broken the rules before. But to come out [with the suspension MLB is going for] and try to give him a lifetime ban, that's just wrong."

"Being in sports, I try to pay attention to all of the technology and everything," Cuban said. "It's never been proven that HGH helps a baseball player or a basketball player. It's just been so tainted that players shouldn't take it that it's become banned for no good reason."

"You can go in a lot of different directions," Cuban said. "But I think this is more about Bud Selig trying to flex his muscles and say, 'If you don't kiss the ring, I'm going to take care of you and kick you out of Major League Baseball.' I think that's wrong."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/9552879/mark-cuban-rips-bud-selig-baseball-alex-rodriguez-saga

TTexasTT
08-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Agree somewhat

taxe91
08-09-2013, 04:36 PM
He'd have a point if ARod's suspension was solely for failing a drug test

dweeegs
08-09-2013, 04:51 PM

This, knows nothing about the situation yet felt the need to comment about it on a nationally televised show.

sups31
08-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Like a fukking boss.

NYPat
08-09-2013, 05:39 PM

None one failed a drug test, the other 12 got 50 game bans. Cuban has a point A-Rod got singled out. 211 games is retarded.

jkeithc82
08-09-2013, 05:53 PM
I like Cuban but it sounds like someone is still salty about not getting to buy the Cubs.

The_Albatross
08-09-2013, 06:03 PM
None one failed a drug test, the other 12 got 50 game bans. Cuban has a point A-Rod got singled out. 211 games is retarded.

Except ARod recruited other players into Biogenesis and attempted to buy and destroy evidence.

Arod has cheated and lied his entire career.

He has never been clean.

He has never been honest.

He is not sorry.

Cuban is still sore over not being allowed to buy the Cubs and the Rangers.

Shegotaway
08-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Fuk, i want cuban to buy the sf giants. cmon cuban make an offer

dweeegs
08-09-2013, 06:11 PM

Don't have to according to the JDA

A player who tests positive for a Performance Enhancing Substance, or otherwise violates the Program through the use or possession of a Performance Enhancing Substance will be subject to the discipline set forth below.
1. First violation: 50-game suspension;
2. Second violation: 100-game suspension; and
3. Third violation: Permanent suspension from Major League and Minor League Baseball;

http://mlb.mlb.com/pa/pdf/jda.pdf

Note the key words of possession.

Also, to repeat, it's not just for possession

NYPat
08-09-2013, 06:18 PM
This is A-Rod's first "official" violation right?

dweeegs
08-09-2013, 06:21 PM
This is A-Rod's first "official" violation right?

Yes

mazimi18
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
I like Cuban but it sounds like someone is still salty about not getting to buy the Cubs.

came here to post this, fuk