PDA

View Full Version : The most bad ass/alpha NFL player is....a kicker?

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Sav Rocca...
Kicker for the Washington Redskins. Played the most hardcore, athletic, biggest hitting game known to human kind...

Australian Rules Football-here are some highlights.

0wr8n1CX_NI

He plays NFL for giggles.

evansanity
08-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Ben Graham, a former punter for the Lions also played AFL prior to NFL.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 04:52 PM
These ex AFL players who play NFL must lol hard at these monkeys jumping around like retards after poppin some receiver who wasn't looking.

impactplayer616
08-08-2013, 05:02 PM
These ex AFL players who play NFL must lol hard at these monkeys jumping around like retards after poppin some receiver who wasn't looking.

There would be weekly fatalities if NFL players played in the AFL, dont kid yourself.

Shegotaway
08-08-2013, 05:41 PM
nfl kickers are superstars in the rugby league LMFAO poverty ass sport

deal with it

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/6112/gawkylasorda512013.gif

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 05:49 PM
There would be weekly fatalities if NFL players played in the AFL, dont kid yourself.

This. The greatest physical specimens are in the nfl. Hands down. No hate on AFL, they're alpha as **** too.

Edit- also thought thread was about seabass, son I disappoint

mlift11
08-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Went to an afl game last week as I was on vacation. Awesome game. But the nfl has to have athletes that are as good/better

Hardcore_D00d
08-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Haloti ngata played rugby too

Aussiebrah66
08-08-2013, 06:36 PM
guys, AFL is NOT rugby

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 06:38 PM

Good luck leading with you head..with no helmet...

In other news there would be fatalities...cardiovascular overload as NFL players realized they can't spend half the game on the sideline and needed repeat efforts over 200-400m.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 06:41 PM
This. The greatest physical specimens are in the nfl. Hands down. No hate on AFL, they're alpha as **** too.

The greatest physical specimens couldn't lead with their heads and would likely be gassed in the first 5 mins.
25 mins for 4 qtrs..plus time one.

no chance....average midfielder covers 10-15km a game of high intensity running...plus tackling...

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 06:55 PM
watch this effort as an example of gut running.

2-EoZe81M2o

TSizzIe
08-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Z_vYB3walr4

impactplayer616
08-08-2013, 07:05 PM

In other news there would be fatalities...cardiovascular overload as NFL players realized they can't spend half the game on the sideline and needed repeat efforts over 200-400m.

Simple fact is there are plenty of NFL players that could make the transition to the AFL and do just fine if not dominate the sport, the other way around they might find a place on a roster as a kicker.

In other news most positions in NFL could transition rather easily from a cardio standpoint, obviously the linemen would have a hard time outside that though you are delusional to think RB, TE, WR, LB, secondary couldnt keep up with these guys.

If AFL guys were superior athletes they would be coming over by the boatload and cashing in on the greatest sport on the planet.

MJ5891
08-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Rocca is a punter not a kicker

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Simple fact is there are plenty of NFL players that could make the transition to the AFL and do just fine if not dominate the sport, the other way around they might find a place on a roster as a kicker.

Simple fact is you are talking out of your ass.
Just saying it does not make it so..
you literally just made up a whole bunch of BS and claimed it as fact.

In other news most positions in NFL could transition rather easily from a cardio standpoint, obviously the linemen would have a hard time outside that though you are delusional to think RB, TE, WR, LB, secondary couldnt keep up with these guys.

I put it you however that putting on some weight is easier than building the physique and cardio vascular ability needed to play in the AFL. It takes 3-5 years for most players to get to the point they can run with the best players in the AFL..I doubt NFL players would get there, simply because they are not accustomed to the kind of running that requires repeat efforts with little rest.

AFL running IS elite.

If AFL guys were superior athletes they would be coming over by the boatload and cashing in on the greatest sport on the planet.

Stawman...why doesn't Usain Bolt leave athletics and come play "the greatest sport on the planet"..
Australian Rules is why we have grown up on and love playing...you don't just leave a sport on a say so.

While I have no proof outside of the fact their are Australian's who have made it in the NFL albeit it from Rugby and not Aussie rules (see Jessie Williams) i am confident that they would have no issue outside of maybe the QB position.

Here is my reasoning:

-AFL has 360 game play, much like NFL post snap.
-AFL includes marking, much the same as receiving
-Afl has pack marking, much the same as WR, TE would encounter.
-AFL has lots of marking in close, much like receivers working in close would encounter.
-AFL has blocking, around stoppages, around Forward and back lines, much like offensive and defensive line players.

So that covers a fair wack of NFL game time.

All an AFL player would have to do is pick up the play calling and probably put on some size. The play calling aspect is actually becoming a part of afl ball up situations...so maybe then no even a stretch.

As for NFL players coming into the NFL-you need to pick up cardio (as mentioned this is not a one offseason task), kicking and handball in game play, marking, tackling with no pads correctly..the list goes on.

It goes without saying i think you can build the case that AFL players could, if need be, make the transition much to NFL much easier than NFL to AFL.

On a side note, I played AFL and I was able to get into a game of NFL touch the other day and caught 3 balls for two TD's...Game of touch i know is not NFL, but the skills from AFL transition nicely.

That is my case.. and not the BS you just sprouted.

AFL players consistently rank in the top ten players world wide for VO2max testing, beep tests, running per mile/km, total km's run.

If your sport has many of the same skill attributes, it an easier transition.

Its a fair step down cardio wise from AFL to NFL...the other way...no chance.

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Simple fact is you are talking out of your ass.
Just saying it does not make it so..
you literally just made up a whole bunch of BS and claimed it as fact.

strongvirgin
08-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Aus brah and avid AFL fan checking in.

So many delusional people in this thread. NFL players could not come over and dominate AFL right away, they do not have the cardiovascular capacity to do it. And AFL players could not dominate the NFL, they are not explosive enough, and never will be. I would absolutely love to see some of these explosive black (no racist) athletes come try out for the AFL. Once they build up the necessary cardiovascular endurance they would be incredible. The Kangaroos currently have an ex college basketball player on their list.

In terms of who's the better athletes

Cardiovascular: AFL > NFL

Everything else: NFL > AFL

NFL players are better all around athletes. If you think otherwise you're a moron.

rhyfelwr
08-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Coming from a Rugby background I always like to call AFL a bitch sport but in reality it is fuarking insane.

Would be awesome to see some high flying athletes like Megatron in the AFL just for the sheer athleticism.

laxster
08-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Z_vYB3walr4

that's a nice welcome

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 07:57 PM
that's a nice welcome

Pretty stock standard bump in the afl,he got up ran to the sideline. No issue there.

Wouldn't have shaken him up at all. If anything it looked like the helmet was a nuciounce.

Lol at the commentator... Welcome to the NFL.... Cheap shot cApital of the sports world

|progress|
08-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Why do you Aussie bro's constantly feel the need to measure dicks against the NFL?

monsterBEN
08-08-2013, 08:08 PM
AFL fanboys come across as having body builder beach muscles and 4-1/2" dink mentalities.

Why do you Aussie bro's constantly feel the need to measure dicks against the NFL?

LOL wizard.

australiasbrain

Why do you feel the need to constantly say NFL has the best athletes world...

Worse still, not expect any push back.

travellingbrah

In America...

In every other country the best athletes play other sports. In Australia that is AFL and Rugby League.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:09 PM
AFL fanboys come across as having body builder beach muscles and 4-1/2" dink mentalities.

Redskins | Spurs | Nationals | Capitals

laxster
08-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Pretty stock standard bump in the afl,he got up ran to the sideline. No issue there.

Wouldn't have shaken him up at all. If anything it looked like the helmet was a nuciounce.

Lol at the commentator... Welcome to the NFL.... Cheap shot cApital of the sports world

no video evidence, no care

he didn't know what time zone he was in after that hit, cheap shots are part of football, that's what makes is kick ass

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:14 PM
no video evidence, no care
he didn't know what time zone he was in after that hit, cheap shots are part of football, that's what makes is kick ass

jogged off and gave a high five..

ohh and...
g6RaWHtI-qA

Shegotaway
08-08-2013, 08:16 PM

Worse still, not expect any push back.

because they do, lol u jelly as fuk mirin that fake avi

australiasbrain
^^^ in before poverty hits etc....

let me remind you...

no protected by these tampons

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/790934_f248.jpg

monsterBEN
Redskins | Spurs | Nationals | Capitals

U mad adults in America move? and have high school/hometown heros be drafted by other teams (David Robinson, Spurs)?

Yeah, you mad. Enjoy your hometown toilet swirling the wrong direction... :cool:

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:18 PM
because they do, lol u jelly as fuk mirin that fake avi

Not Jelly.
Enjoy both sports, having PLAYED both sports, I just understand which is harder and why.

mirin no avi.

laxster
08-08-2013, 08:19 PM
jogged off and gave a high five..

ohh and...
g6RaWHtI-qA

Walks off clapping his hands @ 16

those hits are honestly poverty, not even being biased. No a single head was rocked back that day, just guys running into each other and spinning off, or getting kneed in the head and knocked out

hCTyEmvvZJo

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:20 PM
U mad adults in America move? and have high school/hometown heros be drafted by other teams (David Robinson, Spurs)?
Yeah, you mad. Enjoy your hometown toilet swirling the wrong direction... :cool:

http://www.snopes.com/science/coriolis.asp

monsterBEN
08-08-2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.snopes.com/science/coriolis.asp

You missed the point, bro.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Walks off clapping his hands @ 16

those hits are honestly poverty, not even being biased. No a single head was rocked back that day, just guys running into each other and spinning off, or getting kneed in the head and knocked out

hCTyEmvvZJo

you mean breaking the rules is cool?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5443364

NFL rule to protect 'defenseless' players

HOUSTON -- NFL referees will take on more responsibility this season to protect players from helmet-first hits to their heads and necks.

The league has expanded its rules to prevent "defenseless" players from taking shots above their shoulders. Groups of officials are meeting with teams during training camp to go over the changes.

Referee Walt Anderson, also the head of officiating for the Big 12 Conference, led a meeting with the Houston Texans on Friday. He said commissioner Roger Goodell has been "very involved" in discussions with the league's rules committee and referees to find ways to limit the number of head injuries, while also maintaining the game's integrity.

"What the NFL has done is take a very proactive stance," Anderson said. "Goodell is very serious about this. We're going to be a very proactive in doing what we can to strike an appropriate balance. We do have a contact sport. At the same time, what can we do to protect the players' safety?"

The reworded rules prohibit a player from launching himself off the ground and using his helmet to strike a player in a defenseless posture in the head or neck. The old rule only applied to receivers getting hit, but now it will apply to everyone.

Anderson, one of 17 officiating crew chiefs, said referees will still closely watch receivers this season, and err toward caution when the players are caught in vulnerable positions.

In years past, Anderson said, defensive players were allowed to hit receivers in the head once the receiver touched both feet on the ground. Now, officials will give a receiver an extra split-second to "basically get into a position where he can defend himself," Anderson said.

Also new this season, when a player loses his helmet, the play is immediately whistled dead. And now, during field-goal and extra-point attempts, the defense cannot position any player on the line directly across from the snapper, who's considered to be in a defenseless position.

The NFL has already taken measures beyond the rule book to protect players from concussions and their effects.

The league has implemented more stringent return-to-play guidelines for players who suffer them, and each team must consult with an independent neurologist whenever there is a head injury.

Anderson said medical experts laid out the effects of concussions to referees at a rules meeting earlier this year.

"It is such a big point of emphasis, and it's not a point of emphasis just to make it one," Anderson said. "There is some really serious concern about the damage that's done on impact and what happens to the brain."

Anderson said the league will monitor the effect of the new rules at season's end, then evaluate if they were effective enough in limiting injuries.

"I think it's being appropriately addressed," Anderson said. "We're always looking to get the formula just right. The game changes over time, and we have to be prepared for the rules to change to keep pace, not only from a competitive standpoint, but also from a safety standpoint."

Anderson expects more rule changes related to concussions will come in future years. Some day, he envisions referees wearing protective helmets.

"The prevalence of concussions and head injuries is on the rise," he said. "These types of rule changes related to trying to avoid contact to the head area are going to be rules that are going to be expanded, certainly not retracted."

...keep your head shots. Get rocked hard enough with a well placed Hip and Shoulder bump

ohh and you have these:

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/790934_f248.jpg

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:24 PM
You missed the point, bro.

I got the point bro.
But you have to understand, many Americans consider NFL to have the greatest athletes in the world.

Just like an unwelcome sexual penetration, we are correcting your world view.

Just push past the initial pain...you will learn to enjoy.

Happy to hear the counter argument, that AFL players are not the best athletes in the world.

I warn you though, there is a heap of statistical evidence to suggest we run faster for longer with less rest.

laxster
08-08-2013, 08:28 PM
here let me prove my point for you

Thanks for adding strength to the argument. If the AFL was so bone crunching and hardcore, why wouldn't the nanny state of Australia impose the same measures?

Ah, I think we all know the answer. Less head injuries, less injuries in general, less severe injuries.

Bow down to your alpha football overlords.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks for adding strength to the argument. If the AFL was so bone crunching and hardcore, why wouldn't the nanny state of Australia impose the same measures?
Ah, I think we all know the answer. Less head injuries, less injuries in general, less severe injuries.
Bow down to your alpha football overlords.

No because head injuries are relatively rare.
young players are taught correct tackling technique from a young age...

Not to mention, if you run full speed head first into another human, you are more likely to do damage to yourself...unless you have a tampon around your head.

Your thinking is flawed, you equate bone crunching illegal hits to ALPHA, but you forget the key points:

-No Pads
-Correct tackling/hitting techniques
-When given the opportunity to lay someone out, most AFL players do so within the rules-no head high contact.

Do you even logic?

outfoxxed
08-08-2013, 08:40 PM
lol at your poverty hits. son if you are running the whole game then you cannot give 100% at every moment. you have to pace yourself. NFL players give it 100% every play because they are trained to give 100% on each and every down. brb playing at 75% the entire game.

laxster
08-08-2013, 08:40 PM
No because head injuries are relatively rare.
young players are taught correct tackling technique from a young age...

Not to mention, if you run full speed head first into another human, you are more likely to do damage to yourself...unless you have a tampon around your head.

Your thinking is flawed, you equate bone crunching illegal hits to ALPHA, but you forget the key points:

-No Pads
-Correct tackling/hitting techniques
-When given the opportunity to lay someone out, most AFL players do so within the rules-no head high contact.

Do you even logic?

Your logic is based on the experiences of the game of your country, mine is based on the experiences of the game of my country. At best, neither of us follow the correct logic, and are merely stating opinions. Unless you post a comprehensive study (that does not include the biased radio interview that was floating around) of the impacts between both leagues, none of us logic.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:44 PM
lol at your poverty hits. son if you are running the whole game then you cannot give 100% at every moment. you have to pace yourself. NFL players give it 100% every play because they are trained to give 100% on each and every down. brb playing at 75% the entire game.

...you have never seen a full game have you...at least i watch NFL, been an avid viewer for the past 3 seasons.

...not even going to respond to your stupidity.

But think about this, if you are fatigued, tired and you do get hit...well enjoy that.

laxster
08-08-2013, 08:47 PM
...you have never seen a full game have you...at least i watch NFL, been an avid viewer for the past 3 seasons.

...not even going to respond to your stupidity.

But think about this, if you are fatigued, tired and you do get hit...well enjoy that.

You're the moron, do you even understand anaerobic versus aerobic conditioning? Ah, but of course your empirical evidence is much more valid.

You get dumber by the post.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Your logic is based on the experiences of the game of your country, mine is based on the experiences of the game of my country. At best, neither of us follow the correct logic, and are merely stating opinions. Unless you post a comprehensive study (that does not include the biased radio interview that was floating around) of the impacts between both leagues, none of us logic.

My logic is based on the fact I have watched NFL seriously for about 3 years now, obviously followed AFL all my life.
I have played AFL, Rugby, Soccer and I, as of last month, have started playing NFL (albeit it touch).

I understand pretty well the physical requirements of both sports, i understand the skill requirements of both sports.

In my honest opinion, AFL is a much harder sport to pick up from a skills and cardio perspective.
Many AFL skills transition nicely to NFL, and some NFL skills are used in AFL, although i would argue not nearly enough to pick the game up competently.

I agree our logic isn't scientific, but I believe I understand the Strengths and Weaknesses of both games.

I believe I can argue quite confidently, that there are better more skilled athletes in the AFL then the NFL.

Now you might argue your players are bigger, stronger etc, that's fine in a vacuum. However when you have to talk about transitioning between the sports, as per this thread, your bigger stronger becomes a weakness, coupled with the lack of skills, I don't believe its one you could overcome.

going in reverse, yes AFL players would need to "bulk up", but given the rampant use of PED's in American sports, coupled with a few offseasons, AFL players, in my opinion, could make the transition.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 08:53 PM
You're the moron, do you even understand anaerobic versus aerobic conditioning? Ah, but of course your empirical evidence is much more valid.
You get dumber by the post.

AFL players have both...whats your point, NFL players only have Anaerobic...

Let me be more specific, their aerobic conditioning would prevent them from playing AFL...

neither Anaerobic nor Aerobic conditioning would prevent an AFL player from playing NFL.

evansanity
08-08-2013, 08:54 PM
I'd like to go to an AFL game, looks like a good sport. Honestly I bet I could be a pro in it.

|progress|
08-08-2013, 08:55 PM

Worse still, not expect any push back.Yes, always in threads STARTED BY YOU ****ing Aussies.....

BigDawg69
08-08-2013, 08:58 PM
american football players didn't wear pads back when the game was created, people died and the sport was going to die because of the violence. Thus they started to wear pads. Rugby players jogging at 5mph aren't going to create collisions with forces greater then car crashes, so they don't need helmets and pads.

also any NFL player could train for a month and gain the conditioning necessary cardio to play pro rugby. Your average 5'11 190lb rugby player would never be able to be explosive enough or big enough to play football. I've never seen a rugby player sprint in the olympics for ****s and giggles

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I'd like to go to an AFL game, looks like a good sport. Honestly I bet I could be a pro in it.

Why wonder, every year the AFL has a draft combine looking for American recruits.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-15/emulating-eric

as of yet no American players from the combine have played a game but a few have made AFL lists.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/three-american-college-basketballers-want-places-on-afl-lists-as-international-rookies/story-fnelctok-1226486141214

Average AFL rookie salary is 200k-400k, many top end players earn $1million +

Before you say poverty pay etc...

1) Australia has only $20 million people, hence tv rights and subsequent cash flows would never be as much as the 200 million mexicans and 100 million white and black americans who watch NFL.
2) AFL is the 4th most watched LEAGUE in the world, by TV attendence.
3) AFL regularly gets 80K crowds to its game.

But if you think your to good to play AFL, that our game is to poverty...i guess thats ok also.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 09:08 PM
american football players didn't wear pads back when the game was created, people died and the sport was going to die because of the violence. Thus they started to wear pads. Rugby players jogging at 5mph aren't going to create collisions with forces greater then car crashes, so they don't need helmets and pads.

also any NFL player could train for a month and gain the conditioning necessary cardio to play pro rugby. Your average 5'11 190lb rugby player would never be able to be explosive enough or big enough to play football. I've never seen a rugby player sprint in the olympics for ****s and giggles

Violence or inability to lay tackles correctly.
You could argue the inability of NFL players to tackle correctly led to this.
Other games like rugby were teams line up against each other haven't had this problem.
There weren't the monsters playing NFL back then, I have seen pictures and video of old school football players.
To me it looks like people didn't tackle correctly.

As to your points about rugby...which isn't AFL. But im sure you knew that...let me stick up for rugby.

Let me introduce you to RUGBY player Jonah Lomu:

Height 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)
Weight 120 kg (265 lb; 18 st 13 lb)
100m Sprint time: 10.6 seconds. (rumored to have run 10 flat at age 18)

N-xkryJCYDQ
KYt1TOSni4E

As for Rugby players in the NFL...

what about ex rugby player Jessie Williams who played for Alabama....now plays NFL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Williams_(American_football)

..??

scotyg
08-08-2013, 09:10 PM
In on insecure foreigners thread

ChestDayErryDay
08-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Fun fact: all 3 sports are badass and hard hitting and demanding on athletes. While I haven't played Australian football I currently play rugby and played American football before that. They're both awesome and so is Australian football. This argument is rehashed again and again and it's pointless.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 09:14 PM
American brahs..common, who wouldn't want to go to one of the top 2-3 stadiums in the world, the Melbourne Cricket Ground...

play in front of 100K fans, the greatest sport in the world, with the greatest athletes...

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2011/04/28/PODS_GALLERY_IA031951_84609.JPG
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/02/24/1226011/550935-friday-night-footy.jpg

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 09:15 PM
In on insecure foreigners thread

your in my thread foreigner.

scotyg
08-08-2013, 09:17 PM
your in my thread foreigner.
Your on an American website talking about an American sport, potato.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Fun fact: all 3 sports are badass and hard hitting and demanding on athletes. While I haven't played Australian football I currently play rugby and played American football before that. They're both awesome and so is Australian football. This argument is rehashed again and again and it's pointless.

true but thats not what this thread is about.

Could NFL play AFL and visa versa...

I understand your trying to play peace maker, but i'm having fun dropping truth bombs on your fellow country men.

|progress|
08-08-2013, 09:18 PM
your in my thread foreigner.American website bro. If this was bodybuilding.au, you might have a point, but uh, yea.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Your on an American website talking about an American sport, potato.

I live in Corpus Christi...I am an Australian living in Texas, talking about an American sport....

You on the other hand are in an Australiasbrain thread.

ChestDayErryDay
08-08-2013, 09:22 PM
true but thats not what this thread is about.

Could NFL play AFL and visa versa...

I understand your trying to play peace maker, but i'm having fun dropping truth bombs on your fellow country men.

Some NFL players could probably play in the AFL just like some AFL players play in the NFL. The cash incentive isn't there for NFL players though. No big fat linemen in the NFL would make it in the AFL of course but some of the receivers, running backs, and special teamers probably could. Again, there are great athletes in both leagues.

Yak61
08-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Adjective to position correlation of peace.

Punter is just one step up from fantasy football manager.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Some NFL players could probably play in the AFL just like some AFL players play in the NFL. The cash incentive isn't there for NFL players though. No big fat linemen in the NFL would make it in the AFL of course but some of the receivers, running backs, and special teamers probably could. Again, there are great athletes in both leagues.

I understand the cash incentives part...although as i mentioned previously, playing a sport you have loved since birth can hold some weight.
By that logic all great athletes should be golfers or boxers...

Top Paid Athlete for Each Year

Here are the top earners in the world of sports for each year that Forbes magazine has made such a list. Two things are evident, being named Michael or Tiger are good for making money in sports. For the list of top 10 athletes from each year, click on the year number. There is also a list of the top paid women for each year.

Year Name Sport earnings ($ million)
2013 Tiger Woods Golf 78.1
2012 Floyd Mayweather Boxing 85
2011 Tiger Woods Golf 75
2010 Tiger Woods Golf 105
2009 Tiger Woods Golf 110
2008 Tiger Woods Golf 115
2007 Tiger Woods Golf 100
2006 Tiger Woods Golf 90
2005 Tiger Woods Golf 87
2004 Tiger Woods Golf 80.3
2003 Tiger Woods Golf 78
2002 Tiger Woods Golf 69

thus i maintain my point.
Afl players HAVE played NFL, NFL players (even college athletes) have applied for the AFL combine in the USA...

As of yet no NFL players (pro or college level) have made the AFL...

I content no NFL player COULD play AFL, the skills and cardio needed are just to great a distance.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Adjective to position correlation of peace.

Punter is just one step up from fantasy football manager.

How many 5,9 punters are there in the NFL?
As i said, there is Jessie Williams, although hes a rugby player, playing in the NFL....
Not to mention a host of Australian kickers..here is tangible evidence AFL players can make the transition..

We have the skills set.

Game.Set.Match Australia.

EastCoastNiner
08-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Strong troll. I already had to bitchslap a few New Zealand and Australian fools around yesterday in this same topic.

NFL players who make the biggest hits are both bigger and faster than AFL and rugby players. That means the hits in the NFL are far harder.

This is one of the first videos I found looking for big NFL hits, and almost every hit in this video is bigger than your poverty sport.

NSR_QGKbrzY

laxster
08-08-2013, 09:40 PM
My logic is based on the fact I have watched NFL seriously for about 3 years now, obviously followed AFL all my life.
I have played AFL, Rugby, Soccer and I, as of last month, have started playing NFL (albeit it touch).

I understand pretty well the physical requirements of both sports, i understand the skill requirements of both sports.

In my honest opinion, AFL is a much harder sport to pick up from a skills and cardio perspective.
Many AFL skills transition nicely to NFL, and some NFL skills are used in AFL, although i would argue not nearly enough to pick the game up competently.

I agree our logic isn't scientific, but I believe I understand the Strengths and Weaknesses of both games.

I believe I can argue quite confidently, that there are better more skilled athletes in the AFL then the NFL.

Now you might argue your players are bigger, stronger etc, that's fine in a vacuum. However when you have to talk about transitioning between the sports, as per this thread, your bigger stronger becomes a weakness, coupled with the lack of skills, I don't believe its one you could overcome.

going in reverse, yes AFL players would need to "bulk up", but given the rampant use of PED's in American sports, coupled with a few offseasons, AFL players, in my opinion, could make the transition.

Why wouldn't an NFL player, such as a running back be able to condition for the AFL?

It's all sport specific and relative, basing off empirical evidence that one couldn't pick up the other is silly.

AFL players have both...whats your point, NFL players only have Anaerobic...

Let me be more specific, their aerobic conditioning would prevent them from playing AFL...

neither Anaerobic nor Aerobic conditioning would prevent an AFL player from playing NFL.

You can't have the best of both worlds is my point. Put any AFL player on the offensive line and he will get destroyed, it's a different game. Put any offensive lineman in the AFL and he will get tired.

Different strokes for different folks, both sports have fine athletes, but I would place a hefty wager that if our athletes were bread for the AFL they would be damn good. It's just not important here. The fact that there is no scientific evidence for either regard leaves the argument moot, and it's just opinions, despite you thinking your opinion is more legitimate because you've watched both sports.

Yak61
08-08-2013, 09:42 PM
As i said, there is Jessie Williams, although hes a rugby player, playing in the NFL....
Not to mention a host of Australian kickers..here is tangible evidence AFL players can make the transition..

We have the skills set.

Game.Set.Match Australia.

Like i give a phuk about punters. Barry Sanders was 5'8 and is one of the best ever examples of speed, agility, balance, strength, and sheer determination.

AFL players make the transition for the money and it is only because of their foot... punters/kickers. Let me know when an AFL player becomes a QB, LB, RB, WR, FB, SS, etc.

Why would any NFL bound player go to prison island to play for minimum wage?

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 09:44 PM
In America...

In every other country the best athletes play other sports. In Australia that is AFL and Rugby League.

Yes best athletes in America.

And America have the best athletes in the world. Dem Olympic medals

NFL players are the biggest, fastest, and strongest in all of team sports.

|progress|
08-08-2013, 09:48 PM
18 people show up for an AFL combine in America, OP thinks it proves his point. Only thing it proves is nobody gives a damn about the AFL in the USA...

laxster
08-08-2013, 09:49 PM

Apparently because they do not condition for the AFL they are inferior according to the OP :rolleyes:

|progress|
08-08-2013, 09:49 PM

We have the skills set.

Game.Set.Match Australia.Dude, your bragging about a punter. A ****ING PUNTER!?! No one gives a **** about a punter.

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Apparently because they do not condition for the AFL they are inferior according to the OP :rolleyes:

They could easily condition to AFL level if they wanted to, minus linemen. But NFL requires huge bursts instead. OP doesn't realize that it's a double edge sword. NFL players might not be as conditioned, but AFL players don't have explosiveness either.

He's a stupid troll

Yak61
08-08-2013, 09:59 PM
They could easily condition to AFL level if they wanted to, minus linemen. But NFL requires huge bursts instead. OP doesn't realize that it's a double edge sword. NFL players might not be as conditioned, but AFL players don't have explosiveness either.

He's a stupid troll

Exactly bring in any guy from the AFL to be a D-Lineman.............. goodnight sweet prince

travellingbrah
08-08-2013, 10:00 PM

Gold is all that matters.

Why is it that athletes from other sports keep getting roster spots on NFL teams without ever even playing American football? Pretty hilarious. NFL players are the biggest, fastest and strongest athletes in team sports because it's literally all that matters for most positions on the field. You don't need talent or to develop skills, you just need to hit the genetic jackpot.

laxster
08-08-2013, 10:02 PM

He's a stupid troll

Nah man, their skills wouldn't translate.

not srs

travellingbrah
08-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Exactly bring in any guy from the AFL to be a D-Lineman.............. goodnight sweet prince

lol that's like saying bring any D-lineman into the NBA good night sweet LeBron. You don't even realize how hilarious your comments are, do you?

Yak61
08-08-2013, 10:07 PM
lol that's like saying bring any D-lineman into the NBA good night sweet LeBron. You don't even realize how hilarious your comments are, do you?

But that is exactly what was being said about linemen going into the AFL it is just as hilarious, they are not built for endurance so i was just saying the same thing with the roles reversed.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Why wouldn't an NFL player, such as a running back be able to condition for the AFL?

It's all sport specific and relative, basing off empirical evidence that one couldn't pick up the other is silly.

You can't have the best of both worlds is my point. Put any AFL player on the offensive line and he will get destroyed, it's a different game. Put any offensive lineman in the AFL and he will get tired.

Different strokes for different folks, both sports have fine athletes, but I would place a hefty wager that if our athletes were bread for the AFL they would be damn good. It's just not important here. The fact that there is no scientific evidence for either regard leaves the argument moot, and it's just opinions, despite you thinking your opinion is more legitimate because you've watched both sports.

obviously neither players would just be able to walk into the others sports.
Although I have provided empirical evidence that AFL players HAVE walked on to NFL fields and not vice versa.
My contention is, AFL players are better equipped to make the transition.

I'm not arguing that NFL players arn't currently bigger or faster...these would be negatives in AFL.

dannyg2127
08-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Sorry would you like a 2 weeks notice before you are about to get jacked up?

Btw he could have known that was coming from a mile away and still would have been knocked into another dimension

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:12 PM

Give an AFL player some time to bulk up (basically get fat)...They already have the quickness. Its just pushing and blocking...
happens all the time in the AFL, not arguing that currently AFL players could just walk into NFL...

dannyg2127
08-08-2013, 10:12 PM
I understand the cash incentives part...although as i mentioned previously, playing a sport you have loved since birth can hold some weight.
By that logic all great athletes should be golfers or boxers...

Top Paid Athlete for Each Year

Here are the top earners in the world of sports for each year that Forbes magazine has made such a list. Two things are evident, being named Michael or Tiger are good for making money in sports. For the list of top 10 athletes from each year, click on the year number. There is also a list of the top paid women for each year.

Year Name Sport earnings ($ million)
2013 Tiger Woods Golf 78.1
2012 Floyd Mayweather Boxing 85
2011 Tiger Woods Golf 75
2010 Tiger Woods Golf 105
2009 Tiger Woods Golf 110
2008 Tiger Woods Golf 115
2007 Tiger Woods Golf 100
2006 Tiger Woods Golf 90
2005 Tiger Woods Golf 87
2004 Tiger Woods Golf 80.3
2003 Tiger Woods Golf 78
2002 Tiger Woods Golf 69

thus i maintain my point.
Afl players HAVE played NFL, NFL players (even college athletes) have applied for the AFL combine in the USA...

As of yet no NFL players (pro or college level) have made the AFL...

I content no NFL player COULD play AFL, the skills and cardio needed are just to great a distance.

Horrible argument tennis and gold money is so top heavy, moreso than any other sport.

Where as football offers not even a pro career because that is such a pipe dream for most but at least a scholarship

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Sorry would you like a 2 weeks notice before you are about to get jacked up?

Btw he could have known that was coming from a mile away and still would have been knocked into another dimension

Yes cheap shot on the punter...gets up, walks away..nothing to see here..

Yak61
08-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Give an AFL player some time to bulk up (basically get fat)...They already have the quickness. Its just pushing and blocking...
happens all the time in the AFL, not arguing that currently AFL players could just walk into NFL...

Same for a lineman, ramp up the cardio, lose weight.

australiasbrain
Horrible argument tennis and gold money is so top heavy, moreso than any other sport.

Where as football offers not even a pro career because that is such a pipe dream for most but at least a scholarship

No an example of a horrible argument is that NFL players wouldn't try to make the AFL because of money...
I already proved that not to be the case...

tsbalr120

Why is it that athletes from other sports keep getting roster spots on NFL teams without ever even playing American football? Pretty hilarious. NFL players are the biggest, fastest and strongest athletes in team sports because it's literally all that matters for most positions on the field. You don't need talent or to develop skills, you just need to hit the genetic jackpot.

....so you agree?

This thread isn't about your opinion on the NFL talent or skills requirement, which is laughable. Its been about athletic ability, and the NFL is the best.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Same for a lineman, ramp up the cardio, lose weight.

It takes the average AFL draftee at 18 4-5 seasons before he can run 10-20kms a game at full intensity...about 50-80 games...

good luck with your 1 season weight loss to elite cardio dreams.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:16 PM
....so you agree?

This thread isn't about your opinion on the NFL talent or skills requirement, which is laughable. Its been about athletic ability, and the NFL is the best.

its not about athletic ability, its about skills and cardio transfers....

AFL has them, NFL does not.

Exhibit A, there are both ex AFL and rugby players in the NFL.

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 10:17 PM

The fact you just said D-lineman just "push and block" shows you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about.

Lemme know when an AFL player does more than kick off.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:17 PM

They may well be the biggest fastest and strongest athletes in the world...

only they couldn't play AFL...yet afl players could play NFL...

hmmmm

travellingbrah
08-08-2013, 10:18 PM
But that is exactly what was being said about linemen going into the AFL it is just as hilarious, they are not built for endurance so i was just saying the same thing with the roles reversed.

Fair enough. But AFL players are great athletes in their own right. In a completely different way to American football players because they're different sports, go figure! Why is everything always a dick measuring contest?

Everybody on here talks **** about how much better there sport is, meanwhile you all suck dick at sports. If the the sport you enjoy watching most has harder hits or better athletes and this gives you some sense of satisfaction or superiority you are sad little phuck.

"HAI GAI'S IM BETTER DEN YOU CUZ SPORT I WATCH HAS BEDDER ATHLETE. DUUURRRRRR"

"DEY RUN FASTER, ME BETTER"

It's like you think an athlete's potential is unequivocally measured on their 40 time or how much they can bench. Idiots.

Yak61
08-08-2013, 10:18 PM
It takes the average AFL draftee at 18 4-5 seasons before he can run 10-20kms a game at full intensity...about 50-80 games...

good luck with your 1 season weight loss to elite cardio dreams.

But an AFL player would be able to have the strength gains required and move that much newly put on weight like elite lineman in the NFL?

Troll me thrice shame on me...

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:19 PM
The fact you just said D-lineman just "push and block" shows you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about.

Lemme know when an AFL player does more than kick off.

Jessie Williams. Not AFL,NRL...but you get the point.

but out of interest are you saying kicking isn't a skill position?
Isn't it an example of a skills transfer...you know, the whole point of this thread.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:20 PM
But an AFL player would be able to have the strength gains required and move that much newly put on weight like elite lineman in the NFL?

Troll me thrice shame on me...

Lineman-PED's and fat.
Wide out, TE, Slot receiver etc...3-4kg's muscle could be aquired in a off season....
a lot of skinny receivers....

whats your point?

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 10:21 PM
its not about athletic ability, its about skills and cardio transfers....

AFL has them, NFL does not.

Exhibit A, there are both ex AFL and rugby players in the NFL.

Again, the ex-AFL players are kickers, the least athletic players in the sport. NFL players wouldn't go over to a poverty sport for a fraction of pay.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Dude, your bragging about a punter. A ****ING PUNTER!?! No one gives a **** about a punter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Vinatieri

NickA44
08-08-2013, 10:23 PM
IDK if you remember todd sauerbrun

he was our punter a few years ago
he was fukin JACKED and would lay down massive hits on returners
he popped them harder than most LB

then he got suspended for gear haha

travellingbrah
....so you agree?

If it was laughable you would have countered it in a sentence instead of avoiding a retort altogether. Why is football the only sport where athletes who have never even played the game before are able to get places on an NFL roster, solely because of their size and speed?

Name another sport where a players potential is determined as simply as 6'4" 260 4.5 40.

Name one athlete from another sport that has ever just walked onto an AFL team because of his size and speed...Anything...? BIG NOPE

And no I don't agree. NFL gets a lot of the biggest, fastest, and strongest athletes in America. Outside the most physically dominating athletes go into other sports.

australiasbrain
Again, the ex-AFL players are kickers, the least athletic players in the sport. NFL players wouldn't go over to a poverty sport for a fraction of pay.

now your getting my point, its not just about athletic ability, although that certainly plays a part.
Its about skills transfer...an AFL player can play the kicker or punting positions because AFL has that skill.
Catching balls, receiving call it what you want...AFL players can do all of that.
There are many skills in AFL that just don't exist in the NFL..

thus take body shape out of it for a moment...AFL players can make that transition.

EastCoastNiner
obviously neither players would just be able to walk into the others sports.
Although I have provided empirical evidence that AFL players HAVE walked on to NFL fields and not vice versa.
My contention is, AFL players are better equipped to make the transition.

I'm not arguing that NFL players arn't currently bigger or faster...these would be negatives in AFL.

This has to be the dumbest argument and "empirical evidence" I've seen in a while.

1. Yes, players from the AFL that come to the NFL become punters of all positions. That is not an every down position, and they don't face much contact.

2. Maybe the reason no NFL players go to the AFL is because the AFL sucks compared to the NFL and other football leagues. No former NFL player is ring to want to play to what amounts to amateur hour in the AFL. It has NOTHING to do with NFL players not being able to make a team there.

You've always been a troll, and I can't believe I'm wasting time responding to you.

Edit: A definite troll or completely clueless calling him a punter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Vinatieri

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:27 PM

You must have forgotten what this thread was about?

Is reading not a skill you value?

Its not a who is the biggest and baddest.
Its which sport has the best cross over ability...

so far all you have proved to anyone is that you can't read or comprehend.

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 10:28 PM
now your getting my point, its not just about athletic ability, although that certainly plays a part.
Its about skills transfer...an AFL player can play the kicker or punting positions because AFL has that skill.
Catching balls, receiving call it what you want...AFL players can do all of that.
There are many skills in AFL that just don't exist in the NFL..

thus take body shape out of it for a moment...AFL players can make that transition.

Agreed, your best athletes can be kickers, the least athletic players in the NFL, and not even the best at it.

Glad we can agree NFL players are bigger, faster, and stronger.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:29 PM
This has to be the dumbest argument and "empirical evidence" I've seen in a while.

1. Yes, players from the AFL that come to the NFL become punters of all positions. That is not an every down position, and they don't face much contact.

Yet someone already posted a video of sav rocca getting laid out.

2. Maybe the reason no NFL players go to the AFL is because the AFL sucks compared to the NFL and other football leagues. No former NFL player is ring to want to play to what amounts to amateur hour in the AFL. It has NOTHING to do with NFL players not being able to make a team there.

ex NFL players have tried...http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-15/emulating-eric

Edit: A definite troll or completely clueless calling him a punter.

I didn't call him a punter??
I just posted a link to prove special teams does matter....

Krunk Fu
08-08-2013, 10:29 PM

I know you're trolling, but they'd obviously change how they hit... And rarely do players lead with their head unless they want to die. Notsureifsrs.

dannyg2127
08-08-2013, 10:30 PM
No an example of a horrible argument is that NFL players wouldn't try to make the AFL because of money...
I already proved that not to be the case...

What AFL players are playing in the NFL?

....... besides punters

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Agreed, your best athletes can be kickers, the least athletic players in the NFL, and not even the best at it.

Glad we can agree NFL players are bigger, faster, and stronger.

I never argued once that they weren't, although its taken you 4 pages of thread to realize this.

All i have argued is that AFL players can play NFL but NFL players couldn't play AFL.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:31 PM
What AFL players are playing in the NFL?

....... besides punters

Jessie Williams.Played NRL and AFL growing up.

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Its not a who is the biggest and baddest.
Its which sport has the best cross over ability...

so far all you have proved to anyone is that you can't read or comprehend.

Guess you should have someone read your thread title to you then...

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:34 PM
I know you're trolling, but they'd obviously change how they hit... And rarely do players lead with their head unless they want to die. Notsureifsrs.

You consider that ex-NFL? Never heard of him.

Posted wrong link.

b22GxVRGbyw

also lol about leading with the head

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2013/3/22/4134130/nfl-rule-not-leading-with-crown-of-helmet-confusing

Krunk Fu
08-08-2013, 10:34 PM
ex NFL players have tried...http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-15/emulating-eric

Not an ex-NFL player. He played college basketball at DePaul (lol). But good one.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Guess you should have someone read your thread title to you then...

guess you should have read the OP.

But playing both sports does make him a bad ass.
Plus Sav Rocca, the player in question, has been in contact situations in the NFL as has been posted.

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 10:36 PM
All i have argued is that AFL players can play NFL but NFL players couldn't play AFL.

Haven't doesn't equal couldn't

NFL players could easily play in the AFL. As they are superior athletes as you mentioned. But there's no reason to take a huge pay cut to play a small sport. On the otherhand, AFL players take their few talents to the NFL for a huge increase in pay.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Not an ex-NFL player. He played college basketball at DePaul (lol). But good one.

Sorry posted wrong link.
but look for the AFL draft combine online, lots of ex NFL and college level players trying out.

Krunk Fu
08-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Posted wrong link.

b22GxVRGbyw

also lol about leading with the head

http://www.baltimorebeatown.com/2013/3/22/4134130/nfl-rule-not-leading-with-crown-of-helmet-confusing

But who was NFL athlete? Surely, NFL stars had they played Aussie ball, opposed to American football, they'd dominate.

Tackling is irrelevant..it's not a pre-disposed medical condition that is forcing them to hit that way..they can learn just like the players in the AFL learned.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Haven't doesn't equal couldn't

NFL players could easily play in the AFL. As they are superior athletes as you mentioned. But there's no reason to take a huge pay cut to play a small sport. On the otherhand, AFL players take their few talents to the NFL for a huge increase in pay.

Strawman.
They are superior in size and strength but playing AFL, that's a huge disadvantage. Where as many AFL players could play many different positions, as they already do.

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 10:40 PM
guess you should have read the OP.

But playing both sports does make him a bad ass.
Plus Sav Rocca, the player in question, has been in contact situations in the NFL as has been posted.

A sub par athlete who sells out from his own country's sport to be a nobody in the NFL is not a badass.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:41 PM
But who was NFL athlete? Surely, NFL stars had they played Aussie ball, opposed to American football, they'd dominate.

Tackling is irrelevant..it's not a pre-disposed medical condition that is forcing them to hit that way..they can learn just like the players in the AFL learned.
Incorrect.
Have you seen AFL ?? the skills along most of the players bar the kickers don't possess.

Tackling is irrelevant.......

smh...

you can't be serious.

No pads....

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:42 PM
A sub par athlete who sells out from his own country's sport to be a nobody in the NFL is not a badass.

A sub par athlete who proves my point, disproves yours and sells out from his own country's sport to be a nobody in the NFL is not a badass.

ok,

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Strawman.
They are superior in size and strength but playing AFL, that's a huge disadvantage. Where as many AFL players could play many different positions, as they already do.

Being better athletes is a disadvantage, got it.

|progress|
08-08-2013, 10:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_VinatieriLearn the positions before you attempt to troll dumbass.

Jamielak
08-08-2013, 10:46 PM
afls the gayest fuken sport ive ever seen in my life

tsbalr120
08-08-2013, 10:47 PM
A sub par athlete who proves my point, disproves yours and sells out from his own country's sport to be a nobody in the NFL is not a badass.

ok,

How does it disprove my point? I agreed your best athletes come here and sometimes beatout college kids to become kickers. Congrats

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Things that have been proved in this thread:

1) AFL players can and do play in the NFL
2) AFL players have better cardio vascular ability, plus a wider array of skills, but non of this matters because they don't wear pads and lay out opposing players with cheap head shots made possible by the use of a helmet. No tackling was seen on this day. This doesn't seem to matter to yanks.
3) No NFL player COULD play in the AFL even if the financial incentives were there.
4) Nobody plays NFL unless money is involved, money being the only driver for success i expect a flurry of ex NFL players to get into golfing and boxing.
5) NFL players are bigger and stronger than AFL players-they have elite bodies as demonstrated by the photo below.
http://undergroundstrengthclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Fat-NFL.jpg
6) Australiasbrain has once again proved how to teach Americans and mexicans a lesson in sports.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 10:55 PM
7) There is a 7th point.

The mere mention that Australian athletes were on par with American athletes has led to a flurry of negs and zero reps.

The insecurity shown in the neg comments and the truth I am telling is hitting a little to close to home.

laxster
08-08-2013, 11:44 PM
7) There is a 7th point.

The mere mention that Australian athletes were on par with American athletes has led to a flurry of negs and zero reps.

The insecurity shown in the neg comments and the truth I am telling is hitting a little to close to home.

So after all this, you point out they're on par, rather than superior.

Excellent roll bread.

australiasbrain
08-08-2013, 11:53 PM
So after all this, you point out they're on par, rather than superior.

Excellent roll bread.

no they are superior.

TBREEZIE03
08-09-2013, 12:12 AM
H0GCixb2QjI

Bo Jackson was 6'1, 230 pounds and could run a 40 yard dash in 4.12 seconds in pads. Saying the AFL athletes are superior? Bo would've been able to build up his cardiovascular ability and dominate the AFL. Was also an all star in baseball.

But AFL athletes are superior?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Rufflez
08-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Hah

TBREEZIE03
08-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Robert Griffin III, 6'2, 217, runs the 40 yard dash in 4.4 seconds.

Highschool Track:

In track, Griffin broke state records for the 110-meter and 300-meter hurdles. He ran the 110-meter hurdles in 13.55 seconds and the 300-meter hurdles in 35.33 seconds. The 300 hurdles time was 1/100th of a second short of tying the national high school record at the time. He was also a gold medalist in the 110- and 400-meter hurdles on the AAU track and field circuit. In 2007, as a junior, he was rated the No. 1 high school 400-meter intermediate hurdler in the country, and was tied at No. 1 for the 110-meter sprint hurdler in the nation. His personal best in the 110-meter hurdles, 13.46 sec, ranked fifth in the world among junior athletes (behind Noga, Brathwaite, Dutch, and Zhukov),[7] while his best 2007 time in the 400-meter hurdles, 49.56 sec - his personal best until 2008 - lead all juniors worldwide for that year.[8] Also as a junior, Griffin received the Gatorade Texas Boys Track and Field Athlete of the Year award,[6] and was named to USA Today′s 2007 All-USA Track and Field team.[9] His personal best in the 400-meter hurdles was achieved on May 18, 2008, with a time of 49.22 seconds.

Those superior AFL athletes doe

TBREEZIE03
08-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Calvin Johnson is a 6'5, 240 pound wide receiver who runs the 40 yard dash in 4.35 seconds.

YqlNziyoC_k

Im sure those explosive AFL players could easily make the transition and guard him while wearing pads, amirite OP?

australiasbrain
08-09-2013, 12:37 AM
H0GCixb2QjI

Bo Jackson was 6'1, 230 pounds and could run a 40 yard dash in 4.12 seconds in pads. Saying the AFL athletes are superior? Bo would've been able to build up his cardiovascular ability and dominate the AFL. Was also an all star in baseball.

But AFL athletes are superior?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

are you citing Bo's baseball cross over as an example of athletic prowess?...Baseball?

australiasbrain
08-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Calvin Johnson is a 6'5, 240 pound wide receiver who runs the 40 yard dash in 4.35 seconds.

YqlNziyoC_k

Im sure those explosive AFL players could easily make the transition and guard him while wearing pads, amirite OP?

pads will probably just annoy the afl players.

TBREEZIE03
08-09-2013, 12:55 AM
are you citing Bo's baseball cross over as an example of athletic prowess?...Baseball?

Are you ignoring all the previously cited examples of athletic prowess?

australiasbrain
08-09-2013, 01:38 AM
Are you ignoring all the previously cited examples of athletic prowess?

I havnt questioned their prowess, merely their ability to transfer that prowess to AFL, thus calling into question the claim that they are superior to afl athletes