PDA

View Full Version : Proper nutrition is what I'm lacking...help me get serious about this!

djnicholson
08-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I have made some okay gains this summer albeit not on a good diet, but trying as best I can. I don't have much money so it's tough for me to buy all of what I want. I mostly have to stick with cold meat sandwiches, eggs, salad, pastas, cereal, meats occasionally - just not consistent enough. I really want your guys' help on what I should be eating and how many meals I need. I will be on a tight budget, but I'm going back to school and lifting will be a big part of my routine. I'm wanting to lose some fat, but make some really good muscle gains. I've got protein and creatine, but don't really have a need for any other supplements unless someone would strongly recommend anything else.

What are your guys' meal plans and what kind of plan would I need to follow if I want say 3000-3500 cals or so a day? I'm about 5'8" 152. I was up at 158 a few months ago, but fractured my elbow and couldn't do much for awhile. I attached some pics, but not sure if they'll work.

TLaude
08-04-2013, 07:28 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

read.

djnicholson
08-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Does anyone have recommendations for cheaper options as far as food goes?

PBateman2
08-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Does anyone have recommendations for cheaper options as far as food goes?

Gotta look for sales, buy in bulk, cut coupons, etc...

Oats, tuna, milk, whole eggs, rice, peanut butter, pasta, etc...can all be had cheap and great to buy in bulk.

SacramentoZach
08-04-2013, 08:28 PM
I was you in high school, OP. You're gonna make it.

Costco/Sam's Club is how I buy my foods. As stated above, hunt for sales and do the best you can until you are in a position of more money. Don't give up because you can't just buy what ever you want.

djnicholson
08-05-2013, 11:22 AM
I was you in high school, OP. You're gonna make it.

Costco/Sam's Club is how I buy my foods. As stated above, hunt for sales and do the best you can until you are in a position of more money. Don't give up because you can't just buy what ever you want.

I'll definitely be looking for sales. Since I'll have a hard time buying what I want all the time, I feel like just eating, eating, eating, would be a better option, but people on here advise against that because I might not be paying enough attention to my macros. I'm wanting something like 3000-3500 cals, 150-175 g protein, not really sure about carbs, probably 100 ish g of fat. Does anybody follow something similar? I'm just stuck here I guess... not sure where to go next to figure out what to eat.